Post #32 completed ghanComfortghan for a very special friend

grandmum6

I have a special request for my special & best friend Jane. She was broadsided by a semi while sliding on black ice returning from a day up north this past Saturday. She has a very long recovery ahead of her what with all but 1 rib broken and her pelvis is broken in 4 places.

I thought if you could help me make a comfortghan for her she'd know that there a lot of people pulling for her.

Her favorite color is yellow and her daughter said maybe blue. So I thought making 12" squares mainly in yellow would be wonderful. I plan on joining them in white. Any other color you think would be nice I leave that up to you. Pattern and yarn choices are at your choosing too.

Right now Jane is in a hospital 4 hours away and they have no idea when she might be transferred closer to home. So, I thought if I have all the squares by mid April it will give me time to get them all together. If you're able to help with this project just PM me and I'll send you my address. Any questions or things I've forgotten please let me know.

Bless you all :ghug, Andi

I will see what I can do in the next few weeks or so. Happy healing thoughts to a speedy recovery for your friend!

I'll make one or two this week! I finally got my other 'charity squares' caught up... so I can help! :hug Prayers being said for your friend!

:heart

:mug

I have some yarn bought at Michaels in a yellow that is called "butterscotch" Beautiful yellow but not a light pale yellow. If I make the squares mixed with white added in would that work? I am away from stores at this time as we are on the road traveling, but could pick up some other yellow in a couple weeks. Please pm me either way(do not worry that saying no would offend me).

Thank you sooooo much ladies, I can't wait to get your squares. I'll take pics and post them when they arrive.

Thursday the did surgery on Jane. They put in a trach, feeding tube and plated 8 ribs that were in pieces, 3 on one side and 5 on the other. Her son text me today to say that Jane is really doing good. The doctors are happy with the surgery and her progress.

Again, thanks, your help is greatly appreciated and I know Jane will be overwhelmed when she gets the ghan.

Received your squares yesterday (Tues), the color and patterns are absolutely beautiful :manyheart. I know that Jane is going to love them too.

I guess my mind really is out to lunch because I thought that I posted pics yesterday, but for the life of me I can't remember where I posted them. Thank you so much for your help :hug Andi

post-12801-135897641824_thumb.jpg

post-12801-135897641827_thumb.jpg

Thanks go out to "teakaycee & karishema" for the lovely squares that I received Friday & Saturday. I know that Jane is just going to love her ghan. So far now I have 13 of the 30 sqs. needed.

Quick update on Jane: She's had 2 surgeries in the past week and a half. One was to plate some of the broken ribs and then yesterday her gallbladder was removed. The best news so far is that on Monday she's being transferred to St. Louis :yay:cheer. An hour and a half drive is much better than a four hour drive. Andi

post-12801-135897643229_thumb.jpg

post-12801-135897643236_thumb.jpg

post-12801-135897643239_thumb.jpg

post-12801-135897643241_thumb.jpg

Thanks go out to "teakaycee & karishema" for the lovely squares that I received Friday & Saturday. I know that Jane is just going to love her ghan. So far now I have 13 of the 30 sqs. needed.

Quick update on Jane: She's had 2 surgeries in the past week and a half. One was to plate some of the broken ribs and then yesterday her gallbladder was removed. The best news so far is that on Monday she's being transferred to St. Louis :yay:cheer. An hour and a half drive is much better than a four hour drive. Andi

[ATTACH]37057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]37058[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]37059[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]37060[/ATTACH]

:yay........... so glad the squares made it!

:yay :yay.... and even more glad to hear Jane is hanging in there and will be closer!

:heart

:mug

I see you've already had many donations, do you still need squares? I'll check my stash later after work to see if I have some yellow :think I might be luckier to find blue though. I'll let you know later on what I find to see what will work best :yes

Below are two squares that Susan sent. I really :manyheart the patterns. The ghan is coming along. I got a really pretty varigated for join instead of using white. The colors will bring all the squares together really nice. Thank you again Susan.

Andi

post-12801-135897647567_thumb.jpg

post-12801-135897647571_thumb.jpg

:ty so much Vicki for the lovely squares. The colors are perfect. They arrived today (Friday). They will make a great addition the the ghan.

Have a great :yay weekend.

Andi

post-12801-135897649821_thumb.jpg

Thank you Marisa for your lovely square, it's so soft, I really like it. Sorry I couldn't post your pic sooner, but my computer has been down. Hopeing it's back up next week & will then post a pic.

Andi

Archived