My very first broom doll :)))

Apak

When I was gifted a wonderful broom doll by Mary Jo, I knew one day I will have to try crocheting one. Last week I finished my 2 WIPs, so I chose thread in spring green and made my very first broom doll. It is "Briana" pattern from "Mini Broom Dolls - book 1" by Maggie Weldon. It was great to crochet it and what I really LOVE about these dolls - no need to starch! :lol The worst thing was to make all the roses and leaves - well, I'll definietely use the satin ones next time!

post-30828-135897636592_thumb.jpg

I probably used thiner thread or I crochet more tight - as you can see my doll is smaller than the purple one by Mary Jo. But does it really matter? I love both of them.

post-30828-1358976366_thumb.jpg

For Easter I used to make some crochet ducks, chicks and eggs as gifts, but this year I'm going to give these little ladies with their springy look :flower

Thank you, Janet :)

They are beautiful - you did a great job with them :cheer

I only want to make it clear - the purple doll was made by Mary Jo/Tampa Doll and only the green one is mine :hook

That is so cool. I love the way the green looks. I do have a tendency to crochet looser. I used a size 10 thread and a size 7 hook.

Truthfully I love yours.:hook

Lets see you make butterflies, clothspin angels and broom dolls, are cookie cutter dolls next?:rofl

Thank you all! :manyheart

Making this doll was very easy and so nice! Of course I'll make more :lol When some of my friends saw the first one, they liked it very much and they want me to make the broom dolls for them too :D

That is so cool. I love the way the green looks. I do have a tendency to crochet looser. I used a size 10 thread and a size 7 hook.

Truthfully I love yours.:hook

Lets see you make butterflies, clothspin angels and broom dolls, are cookie cutter dolls next?:rofl

Sure! :lol It's suprising that some patterns and supplies are not available in Poland. No clothespins for the angels, no flat brooms for broom dolls - and no patterns for them. If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have a chance to try them. When I show them to my friends or on Polish forum, there is always huge interest, because it's something really original and unique. So, you know, I feel like a superstar :rofl with all those people paying attention to my crafts.... :bow

great job. so those are so cute. I have a couple of patterns for those, but haven't done them yet, now I will have to pull them out and add them to my stack of must do's.

Archived