Quick and Easy Goodbye Gift

My boss' last day of work is this Thursday. I wasn't planning on giving her anything other than a card, but then she gave me a $100 Hobby Lobby gift card before I got off work on Friday, so now I feel like I should give her something. I went all through my patterns yesterday and can't figure out something to make her. Does anyone have any ideas for something quick and easy?

Thanks for the ideas:)

@RoseRed--I was just thinking that the polite thing would be to reciprocate in some way. I'm not sure what the etiquette is for when your boss of 11 months quits.

potholder, dishtowel, and dishcloth set. done in a color/colorway that would go with most decors.

How about a hat? I've knocked off a hat in next to no time and people always seem to appreciate them. I usually use some sort of varieagated yarn in colors the person would like.

:c9

Im thinking again, ( always a dangerous process) I might feel a bit obligated, but only if everyone in the office was going in on something, like for instance a new breif case or something he or she could use in the next job, and only if I liked them at that! You are too nice, and I hope you find something appropriate, I would think, a gift card to maybe some where around, like Appleby's, or Chilli's, or something in that vien, unless like i said, you were crazy about your boss, and want to spend some time making something from your own hand, all up to you!

I used Yarn Bee's Soft Illusion to make myself a scarf last winter. It was a knitting project, but I used large needles and the basic garter stitch. It worked up in no time, and my friend who is borrowing the scarf right now says she gets a lot of compliments on it. A cushy yarn like that, paired with a large hook would work up quickly and likely look great with the simplest of stitches.

Perhaps her gift card to you was a thank you for work done, in which case, you really don't need to "thank" her back with a gift. A handwritten note would be appropriate IMHO :-)

Trying to have a crochet gift ready to give in so few days would be very stressful for me. But I can understand why you want to return the gesture. Maybe you could give her a pretty address or date book, or just a journal book. If she has any hobbies you know of maybe something in that line. Does she have a Kindle, maybe a gift card to the Kindle store. What about a box of chocolates, or a pretty little bundle of flavored teas or coffee, or a scented candle. I'm sure you'll come up with something. Good luck!

I think I have decided to make her one of those water bottle covers with a strap. That shouldn't take more than a couple hours to do and would be something she would be able to use every day at her new job.

Thanks to everyone for your replies and suggestions!

Archived