Forever and A Day Rug

FOREVER AND A DAY RUG

A couple of years ago my husband asked me to crochet him a bathroom rug. I looked at all kinds of patterns, but couldn't decide on one. I wanted something thick and durable. I then remembered a scrubbie pattern I had seen online. I thought the same pattern would be perfect. It worked great though it took a lot of work. the finished project is awesome! So here is my pattern, but remember, I told you it will take some doing, be hard on your hands, but well, well worth it! this makes a double thick fabric with no holes. It is very cushy to the toes, too. there is no picture as I am blind, but if you do get one made, feel free to post your photos. Also feel free to use this pattern, but DO NOT take credit for my work.

Materials: Red Heart Super Saver worsted weight yarn, 6 7-oz skeins of one color, or 3 7-oz skeins of 2 different colors); J or K crochet hook; yarn needle.

With Two strands of yarn held together, ch101 loosely.

row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across; ch1, turn each row.

row 2: Working in back loops of this row and in opposite side of starting chain at the same time, sc in each st across.

Row 3: Working in back loops of current row and in remaining loops of previous row, sc in each st across.

Repeat Row 3 to desired length (or in my case, width). I didn't use all of the fifth and sixth skeins.

I forgot to say that on the last row, work in both loops of the current row and remaining loops of the previous row. I hope someone gets brave enough to try it!

That almost sounds like the potholder stitch. If it is, it is hard on the hands for the first few rows, then much easier as you go along.

Your welcome. I love mine and my sister loves hers. I have started a third one, but have gotten side tracked. I didn't know this was used for potholders, but that's a great idea!

Archived