"brainless crochet"

I like making hats for mindless projects. Once I get the beginning done, I just go round and round without even thinking about it. I love it for tv time, or sitting at the countless sports games that my kids are playing in.

Small afghans with just a simple pattern also work well for my crochet group. I can stay right in the conversation without missing a stitch!

Linda:manyheart

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read through all the brainless crochet posts. Got some good ideas!

I do scarves by making a loooong chain, sc in the back loops of every row. Change yarn as you wish. And I've made charity lap robes for nursing homes using sc, dc across. is that seed stitch in crochet?

Alice

Right now, my mindless crochet is a big triangle shawl I'm making to either post in my shop or take with me to a craft fair. It's a nice pattern but very simple, so I don't even have to think about it - I use the same one for head scarves, and I'm using it for a poncho as well. Great to work on while playing mindless video games or watching TV.

SC. I did an afghan after christmas in just single crochet because I wanted to crochet but not think as I was tired of thinking...

Oh another one is a scrap afghan. I'm doing an easy stitch that repeats every row (cna't think what it is now as I haven't worked on it for a while) but it was only about 2 stitches, and I just changed colors when I ran out of one.

I like the "magic square potholders. sometimes, I end them a row or 2 early. run a ribbon or drawstring thru & have a pair of slippers. You can make them deeper with a drawstring & have a bag or put straps on & have a carry-all. They're just so versatile. I also like to do the sc, ch1, sk.1 then on second row, sc in ch 1 sp, ch 1. repat 2nd row untill piece is as big as you want it. Done in bands of color, these become gorgeous ghans or done in cotton, washcloths or dishcloths. I've used this st to make sweaters, scarves, blankets, hats, whatever.

Archived