Conversion

MithraGoddess

I'm in class at the moment but this question has been nagging me for weeks and I just have to ask.

I have a beautiful cloak pattern in crochet that I love, absolutely love, but the types of yarn i use tend to make the cloak too heavy to be conventional.

So I need to know. How to I convert the crochet to knit so I can simply and easily rewrite the pattern line for line?

I'm relatively knowledgable about knitting but i want to keep it as easy as possible for me to be able to make the cloaks as much as i'd like.

If you need me to input a portion of the pattern for example.. let me know! :)

:hook

I wonder if you could change your yarn and hooks instead? For instance the Seraphina shawl was originally in heavy yarns but I made it in a baby yarn with a large hook for drape. It ended up very light but with the pretty shape and same stitch pattern. I think my hook sizes were in the K range or so. (I made two of them and don't remember precisely.) This is way beyond recommended size for baby yarns but was lovely.

This may not work at all for you but is just a thought.

If you used a baby weight yarn and a smaller hook it should not have come out huge but smaller. Google crochet to knit conversion you will find their are several sites that will do it for a fee. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Archived