In March I Will .....

ratdog

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your Navajo blanket is very pretty, Leslie! Is it hard to do?

Navajo Indian - Diamond pattern afghan is : 60" x 40" in size.

Actually it's a really easy pattern it's just single and double crochet. :) This pattern is a Herrschner's book. Herrschner's 2-ply Afghans. There are also free patterns in the internet that are essentially the same. Here is a link to a free one.

I'm doing that one double stranded and it's going really fast. I changed up the stripe pattern to make it a little different from the original.

Well, I'm still looking for where I found the pattern for the penguin. He was a free pattern. I thought I bookmarked it, but, apparently not. :thinkDuh.

I'm about three quarter's of the way on the Navajo. Judging from the stripe pattern I'm going to have to do a border on the edges to make it come out the way I want it to. I need about 48 inches of width and the repeat is working out to about 43.

I still haven't gotten the measurment I need from Anita. I'm about ready to go pound on her door. I want to get that shrug done and out of my WIP pile. It's only going to take me about an hour to finish it up. Grrr. :thair

I'm afraid I've been slacking on the VA ghan and the squares. Since I'm almost done with the Navajo I guess I'll finish that first. Both of them are double stranded and that's a lot of yarn laying around the living room. :lol I don't want to irritate the DH that much.

As far as the graphghan. I'm putting that on on hold until I finish up the other 2 afghans. I need a pattern I really like to do those. Otherwise it becomes a chore and I don't crochet it if I don't like it.

In March I will:

1. Finish 1 more scrapghan for the VA. (It's 50% done right now.)

2. Finish the ripple shrug for a friend. (It's about 75% done and I'm waiting for her to get me a measurment so I can finish.)

3. Start new graphghan. (I'm still trying to make up my mind what to do).

4. Do another Navajo blanket. (I just finished one and it came out so well I'm going to do another for another friend.)(70% Done)

5. Finish up some more squares for the Friendship ghan CAL. (5 Done)

6. Finish my ami's for the swap. (Done)

Well, 5 days left in March!

I managed a Prayer Shawl and an American Girl outfit.

The AG outfit was made with yarn I already had so I did not need to spend much money on yarn this month.

I am thinking of making some Jar covers to turn jars/ plastic containers into coin banks. I might make them for the nieces and nephews for Christmas (yeah I said the word!:santa) it would be a good way to give the older ones a cash gift and nowadays keeping track of the loose change is a good idea don't you think?

Well, 5 days left in March!

:thair where did this month go???

I think the banks are a very cool idea!

Leslie...the ami's are cute! The bunny is esp. adorable!

Jackie the rr is wonderful! which pattern did you use? I love trying the different ones

The 2-Stranded Navajo is finished. :cheer:clap I ended up adding a small border to each side to make it a little wider. It looked a little to narrow for the length. I did a row of sc in the Warm Brown and then just did sc in next stitch, then trc in next stitch across. I really like the way it came out. When I do another one I think I'll do the same thing. I post a picture later today.

In March I will:

1. Finish 1 more scrapghan for the VA. (It's 50% done right now.)

2. Finish the ripple shrug for a friend. (It's about 75% done and I'm waiting for her to get me a measurment so I can finish.)

4. Do another Navajo blanket. (I just finished one and it came out so well I'm going to do another for another friend.)(Done)

I finally got around to doing something I've intended to do for ages. I inventoried all my yarn. :yay It took all afternoon. I entered it in my stash section on Ravelry and organized it all. :D I feel very virtuous.

I finally know exactly what I have, how much and where it all is. What a relief no more wondering what I did with that last skein of black yarn. When I get started on a project I'll know exactly what I need to get.

And, I finally picked up the lap robe for the VA. Now that the Navajo is done I'm going to push and see if I can finish it up this month too. If I could just get Anita to give me a call I could finish up the shrug. Then I could start fresh in April.

Good Job Leslie! Now you will know what you have and that will help save money and speed up projects!

I think I am going to start on a Tea and cookies set for a little girl I know and love. I may get it done for Easter, or maybe it will be a "Big Sister" gift when her baby brother arrives in May.

Thanks ratdog, it took a lot longer than I thought. I have a lot more yarn than I thought I did. :devil It's kind of surprising how much you can accumulate. The good news is that I found yarn I'd bought for a particular project that I'd forgotten I have. I want to make the Autumn Bag. I saw it in the Show and Tell Bags ages ago and the nice lady who made it sent me her pattern notes. It was so gorgeous I've wanted to give it a try for quite a while. The only thing is that once I finish it I'm going to have to find someone to line it for me. When it comes to sewing I'm hopeless.:blush

On another note I did finish the lap robe for the VA. Since I have more extra scrap yarn I started another one. I'm doing a Round Ripple this time. They seem to go faster for me. They work really well for people in wheelchairs too. You can wrap them around their legs and they don't trail on the ground as much.

This CAL has really helped this month. I've gotten a lot done and really cut down on the amount of things hanging around. I hope we do an April CAL too.

In March I will:

1. Finish 1 more scrapghan for the VA. (Done)

4. Do another Navajo blanket. (I just finished one and it came out so well I'm going to do another for another friend.)(Done)

:eekhave only managed to finish one project which was a washcloth other than that have been swamped with school though I have only one class one day a week but that one day a week is 3 hours of homework plus I have a paper due next month so that still needs to be typed up and possibly need to add more to it shall see. The stress:ohdear

1. Weave in the ends of my friend's blanket and get it mailed (while it's still cold enough to use). :no

2. Finish one Front side of my knitted hoodie. :no

3. Put in some rows in mom's cardigan. (Added 5 rows) :clap

4. Start another vest before it gets too warm to wear. :no

5. Finished RR afghan for school silent auction - Done :cheer

6. Heart Purses - Halfway done :yes

I am done!!!

baby blankets sent to two different charities, hats and scarf in mail, various other squares and what-nots in the mail last week.....getting my boxes set up for a second round

Archived