Very bright Groovyghan

smokeyp81

Here is my version of the Groovyghan. I used all RHSS yarn that was in my stash. I replaced the flower square from the pattern to the charity daisy square.

post-2360-135897633354_thumb.jpg

post-2360-135897633362_thumb.jpg

post-2360-135897633365_thumb.jpg

It has been so fun to make this afghan....a very bright spot in my otherwise grey winter!

The yarn for this was all Red Heart Super Saver....Here is the colors that I used:

0718 Shocking Pink

0319 Cherry Red

0254 Pumpkin

0324 Bright Yellow

0672 Spring Green

0385 Royal

0776 Dark Orchid

post-2360-135897633345_thumb.jpg

post-2360-135897633358_thumb.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't resist saying this - "Groovy! Far Out, Man! It's happening!". I was a teenager in the 60s and this afghan would have been a prized possession of any of my friends. I just love all of the bright colors. You did a great job. What fun you must have had this winter while you were making it.

Can't resist saying this - "Groovy! Far Out, Man! It's happening!". I was a teenager in the 60s and this afghan would have been a prized possession of any of my friends. I just love all of the bright colors. You did a great job. What fun you must have had this winter while you were making it.

:lol:lol I had just turned 13 in 1969 and was a teen in the early 70's but I had those flowers on my walls in my room.

This is one gorgeous afghan! And yes, it surely is "groovy"!!!

I saw this pattern before, and I hemmed and hawed about picking it up to do. Yours is so cute, now I know I have to do a version of my own!

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. This afghan was a lot of fun to make...while I was born in 1963...I really was a child of the 70's. That daisy square reminds me of stickers I used to have! Someday I want an afghan out of all daisy squares in bright colors!

That's wonderful. It would be a great pattern for my hospice/children's lapghans. I'll keep it in mind.

Your colors are terrific!

Edited to add - I just looked at the original pattern, and I like yours better. Great job.

Archived