selling patterns on etsy

Hi everyone,

I was thinking of opening a shop on etsy and have a few questions before I do it.

1: How many items should I start off with?

2: Do patterns sell for toys that you can not find on the internet? and

3: How much should I sell the patterns for?

Thanks for looking.

Bella66

:cheer:hook:manyheart

You can start off with one but the more the better

I'm not sure what you're asking on question 2 I thought maybe you meant copyrighted characters that you can't find patterns for on the internet. If this is the case please don't sell those it's illegal and even though you may get away with selling them it's not great for the reputation IMO and you could eventually get sued

You can sell patterns for any price but I wouldn't go over $5 to me $3 to $5 is good

Oh, yeah - the whole trademark dilemma. I just avoid the whole thing by not doing it.

Are you talking about creating your own patterns or selling someone elses?

Please remember that technically, selling on Etsy is considered a business and your local and state licenses and sales tax id may be required in your state.

I would register with Etsy (free) and then search toy patterns to see what others are selling for. Remember, you can only sell YOUR OWN patterns, not someone else's unless you have written permission to sell the pattern. SOme will give you that permission but most won't so don't get yourself in trouble there. Just sell your own patterns

Archived