Looking for an English Version of this Pattern

brenna

Question

16 answers to this question

When I went to the page, I 'right clicked, went to page information, then clicked translate' and it put it into English. Try that. I agree that since the pattern was posted on the internet, I assumed it was free. JMO

Hello everyone, I found this in a family circle magazine dated February 1981. The bedspread in the magazine looks almost similar to the one posted here, this is made with thread.

Could you possibly post a picture of the finish? I fround this magazine to buy but want to see the finish before I buy it to make sure. Also can someone post the finish from magic crochet too please. Mary

I was looking through my magazines trying to decide what to get rid of and came across this in Magic Crochet august 1986 #43. From looking at the pattern, I think it's the same or very close to it.

Ditto, I did this and while it put it into English its still a little hard to understand but I'm sure someone on here can figure it out. ;)

Unfortunately, due to copyright issues and our forum guidelines relating to copyright, even if somebody does figure it out, it will have to be for personal use only. They wouldn't be able to share what they figured out through Crochetville (post, PM, email) unless they're able to obtain permission from the person who posted the tutorial.

When I went to the page, I 'right clicked, went to page information, then clicked translate' and it put it into English. Try that. I agree that since the pattern was posted on the internet, I assumed it was free. JMO

Ditto, I did this and while it put it into English its still a little hard to understand but I'm sure someone on here can figure it out. ;)

Amy - Since this person obviously intended to share the pattern since she posted it on the internet complete with pictures, this is not the same situation as a person who does not want to share a pattern so someone else figures it out by looking at the completed product and copies it. Are you sure this is something that falls under copyright by the standards set on Crochetville?

I was able to figure out how to do this using the pictures on the blog and a bit of trial and error and would be happy to share this info. If it is not okay to post the specifics, would it be okay to at least speak of the general techniques I used? I will, of course, abide by what ever decision you make.

Thanks

Sharon

Even though this person posted the tutorial on her blog for free, under US copyright law, which we must follow since Crochetville is based in the US, the blog owner maintains complete and full rights to determine when or if she wishes to make a translation of her pattern/tutorial available in another language. Copyright protection applies equally whether material is made available for sale or for free.

Yes, of course, I am very sure that Crochetville's guidelines do not allow for a translation of her blog post to be posted here. If anyone were to decide to make a translation and post it elsewhere, we would not be able to allow any links to such a post to be shared (whether via a post, private message, or email to another member).

If you'd really like to share what you have come up with, you can contact the blog owner and ask for permission to post an English-language translation of her instructions. If she grants such permission to be posted here at Crochetville, please ask her to email that permission directly to me for our legal files. (I'll be happy to give you my email address via PM.)

I understand it's disappointing not to be able get access to a pattern that you want. However, it's not always possible to get what we want.

Amy - Since this person obviously intended to share the pattern since she posted it on the internet complete with pictures, this is not the same situation as a person who does not want to share a pattern so someone else figures it out by looking at the completed product and copies it. Are you sure this is something that falls under copyright by the standards set on Crochetville?

I was able to figure out how to do this using the pictures on the blog and a bit of trial and error and would be happy to share this info. If it is not okay to post the specifics, would it be okay to at least speak of the general techniques I used? I will, of course, abide by what ever decision you make.

Thanks

Sharon

Wow, thats a beautiful pattern! I hope someone has an English version - I would LOVE to make this

It does not look as if that blog writer has made an English language translation of her pattern available. Due to copyright issues, Crochetville cannot become involved (whether by post, private message, or email sent to other members) in making a translation of this particular pattern available.

If anybody knows of an existing English-language pattern for something that is similar, you're welcome to post a link.

Archived