FINISHED - I have lost my ever loving mind! over a bedspread...

chillrr

Tas - I hate it when that happens - I'm glad I haven't kept track of how many times I've had to rip out rows of these motifs (most of the time because I wasn't really paying attention).....fortunately you can tell within 1 row that there is an error, but how frustrating it can be.

I think my 2-3 week break helped me with the whole thing - I was so tired of repeating the motif....I get bored with that kind of thing....lol - so this was certainly a challenge - and earlier this week I weaved in a ton of tails (I had been ignoring them and letting them pile up) - I think I'm going to weave in the tails as I attach them now - because that was really annoying.

Glad I can be of some sort of assistance with your project - would love to see a picture of the one you are working on.... :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Carol, i get bored too and the mind wanders. I've now abandoned that particular square as it has been ripped back so many times I think it must have been jinxed! Have just started a new one.

I will post a picture of the pattern as soon as the computer has been moved to the warmth of the kitchen, it's no fun when it's so cold I have to wear my beanie!

Tas

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get it finished in time - I do projects with impossible deadlines too, and it's always such a bummer to not finish, even though the timing was my fault in the first place! I just recently started doing thread crochet also, and I'm making baby headbands - no where near as complicated as what you are doing. But I just wanted to tell you that the bedspread is positively gorgeous! Your DD will love it! The story behind it all is beautiful too. :)

Wow, what a beautiful bedspread! Your post gives me some extra confidence that I am not as crazy for attempting mine!

I am working on a extremely dense and solid bedspread with lots of popcorn stitches and no lacy parts at all. I am wishing that I will need less than the 450 motifs and 50 or so half motifs for a double bed size, but this is very unlikely as the pattern specifically calls for that many :(. It also calls for something like 25,000 yards! I am glad you found out you needed less, that's great!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you have some company in your pursuit of finishing a bedspread. I hope to see the finished project when you are done with it!

• 3 weeks later...

Nubbles - I'm still working on it - slow but steady - maybe she'll get it within the year (sigh).....

I did start one that was much more dense - ended up not liking it after making just one motif (it was a large motif)

Good luck with yours - I would love to see a picture - have you posted your progress?

• 3 weeks later...

Carol

hope you are progressing faster than I am with my blessed tablecloth! Must adjust my mindset (again).

See you live in New Mexico, have read a couple of novels based there and it sounds just lovely, warmer than our Tasmanian winter I'm sure, too wet to garden at the moment,

anyway, keep on keeping on

Bec

Bec,

Thanks for the encouragement. I am about 1/2 way through row 10 of 14 (14 rows of 14 motifs each)...We are planning to see each other in FL for Labor Day Weekend (Beginning of Sept) hoping it is done by then :)

I have been mixing it up some with a couple of other projects - that helps me re-adjust my attitude :)

It is lovely here - right now, however, we are surrounded by fires from lack of rain, lightening strikes, and dumb people with their unattended camp fires or playing with fireworks in the wrong places....wishing we were too wet to garden ;)

Picture of your progress?

Carol

Way to go, Carol. If you're that far past the half-way point, I'm sure Labor Day is a realistic goal, and if not...there's always Christmas. What a great sense of accomplishment you'll have. I'm 100% sure I don't have what it takes to finish a project this big.

• 4 weeks later...

11 rows down, 3 more to go.....

Not working now, house getting sold, figuring out when we are moving (sometime in the next few weeks) and trying to finish getting packed....

I will be seeing my daughter and her husband over Labor Day - in Florida - so I'm hoping it will be done by then......(we are moving from NM to FL)

Thought you'd all like to see the progress - the bed is a queen-size, for reference.

post-42009-135897682012_thumb.jpg

Patience not required - cuz if it was, it would never get done :))!!

I get very bored with the project I rarely, if ever, do any project which requires doing the same thing over and over and putting them together to get the finished product - I have so many squares that are pending a project.....trying to put them together for a scrap blanket - but alas it is packed at the moment......

this is more a simple desire to get it to my daughter......pure and simple :)

• 1 month later...

I finally finished the spread! :clap I finished it in time to see my daughter over Labor Day Weekend! :clap:clap:clap

Here are some pictures of it - I did end up blocking it on the bed - pinned the edges and left it under a ceiling fan for a couple of days - took out the pins and left it on the bed for her to "find" - it is a King-ish size bed (two twins together). I've asked if she could send pictures of it on her teal comforter.

Here are some photos while it was pinned.

post-42009-135897695271_thumb.jpg

post-42009-135897695275_thumb.jpg

post-42009-135897695278_thumb.jpg

post-42009-135897695281_thumb.jpg

Archived