FINISHED - I have lost my ever loving mind! over a bedspread...

chillrr

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bless you, it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

still struggling with mine, it just wouldn't block, then I find out the last round of the pattern is wrong. Have just had to leave it for a while, will get back to it when my blood pressure returns to normal!

So happy for you, what next? I have a pattern for you!!!!

PS have you moved yet? Jealous, loved Florida

Bec

Thank you everyone - She loves it and her mother thinks I am crazy! but now realizes where her daughter gets 'it' from....

Bec,

Yes, I have moved - I am currently melting here in Venice, FL! Sorry to hear you had some issues....I hate when that kind of stuff happens.

I am considering doing the same pattern in yarn as a baby blanket - - my daughter is planning a jungle room for the baby (no they are not preggy - just being prepared) - so I was thinking about doing the motifs in yellow and doing the connecting round in green so it looks like a field of yellow flowers.

I have a different baby blanket in the works and I have several skeins of yarn I am trying to figure out what to do with - As well as thinking about a doily - I do believe I am hooked on thread - never figured that would happen!

What did you have in mind?

Cheering you on and admiring what you have done so far! It is so beautiful! I know your daughter will love it! Good luck on finishing before the big day. But do not stress. I would just wrap a good portion of what you have done to that point and it will look like she is getting a throw. Then write a cute little poem telling her this is just the beginning -- the beginning of BOTH her life with her husband and of her new bedspread! :)

Congratulations. What an absolute beauty. What a lucky lady to have someone like you in her life.

I love thread crochet. Made a beautiful baby blanket made up of baby animals. Each square had a different bay animal chasing or playing with a butterfly. Old mail order pattern. Used bedspred cotton, but felt it made it too heavy, they used it as a tapestry.

WOW, STUNNING, AMAZING, GORGEOUS, GLORIOUS!!!!!

Absoultley gorgeous bedspread!!! What a lovely gift to give to your daughter!! my mum makes blankets for my babies and i treasure them with every inch of my being! I have the one she made me when I was little and its well loved, but still my treasure.

one in the same pattern in pastels would be gorgeous in a nursery for a new bubby!! Wonderful idea!

Leanne xoxo ps. Im loving cotton too at this time of the year! im currentley making baby pillow covers for my little one that is still trying to come early!

Archived