teakaycee

Granny Tissue Covers..........

Okay... so here's the deal.................. The boys sit in the living room and play on their laptops... or do homework... or just hang out... they will toss a box of tissues around as one of them need it. Michael will need a tissue... they are sitting next to Patrick... so he tosses the box to him...etc. Well.. recently ... they started just using a roll of toilet paper instead. Its easier to toss and catch.... :) As I sit and watch this ..... not really bothered by the tossing of the tissue... because they are just boys being silly..... I'm thinking... "hmmm.... would be nice to have that roll contained so it didnt unravel as it flew threw the air."

So............................... I made it a cover. :D

Its like a draw-string bag in design... made with the "granny square" style pattern. I pulled the cardboard center out of the toilet paper roll... and tah dah......................

The boys got a good giggle out of it when they got home from school today... but actually ended up liking it as it got tossed about several times tonight.

post-18634-135897631752_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of my Kleenex box cover that sits in the kitchen..... and its new matching "portable" toilet paper cover. :lol

post-18634-135897631737_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

ingenious idea!!!

but question....how did you pull th ecardboard tube out and um :think.........

pattern please?

please please please please?

THAT is an AMAZING idea!

My husband always has rolls laying around the house. (It's kinda embarrasing when people stop in and see the half used roll on the kitchen counter or end table).

I love it! We do the same thing. For some reason we keep kleenex box in the cars and use TP at home.. Our boys haven't started throwing them yet, though. :P I love the TP cover. I would definitely be interested in a Freebie Friday!! :hook

Edited by Mom w/a Motif

That is so unique and useful...

I love the colors too...

Great Job

hugs

Lillibet

HA! Great idea!!!! I always tend to forget to buy kleenex so we are constantly using TP instead - what a great "converter" idea :)

You all are so darn awesome!!! :hug

Thanks so much for the compliments!

RoseRed.... cant wait to get busy :hook

The boys love the new tissue cover. They have been tossing it about the last couple nights and it works great. Its nice and soft ...easy to toss... very easy on the hands to catch... decorative and just fun.

:heart

:mug

Check out Tammy's blog!

That'd explain it - I'm not much of a blog reader.

That's brilliant, I always take one to football and rugby tournaments and would love something like that to hide it.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Those are cute! One of them would've cheered me up during my recent pneumonia!

Love them!