"Color Me Happy" Along

peachykeencrochet

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't started March's square yet. Havent even looked through the stash to see if I have all 3 colors!

What I do have though is an almost finished computer room (painting). Just have to get the 1st coat on the baseboard tonight. Tomorrow will be 2nd coat on ceiling trim and baseboard, then it's done. Walls, doors, windowsill/trim, door trims all done.

I haven't started March's square yet. Havent even looked through the stash to see if I have all 3 colors!

What I do have though is an almost finished computer room (painting). Just have to get the 1st coat on the baseboard tonight. Tomorrow will be 2nd coat on ceiling trim and baseboard, then it's done. Walls, doors, windowsill/trim, door trims all done.

wow, good for you, thats quite ambitious!! what color for the walls, and trim????

wow, good for you, thats quite ambitious!! what color for the walls, and trim????

Dark Pewter (dark gray) walls. Manhattan Mist (light gray) for trim.

Shell Lee, wow that sounds striking! Now will you feel compelled to make an afghan in those colors, and maybe off white, to reside in your new room?? Ha ha, I bet it looks wonderful!!

Peachy, grrrrrr, I wanna see your pics! Those batteries really don't last long, do they, but I found,and I have no proof of this ha ha, cept my own experience, that the less I have stored on my camera, (means unloading before it gets too many and then deleting) the longer the batteries seem to last, is there any truth to this, or is it my imagination, lol

I will post later today, on my way out for a bit, might be a stop at Hobby Lobby in my plans, he he he! But I have March's colors done, after much struggling with the arrangement of color, I think I came out ok! Ill let you all be the judge of that, when I post later on today! ta ta for now!

Shell Lee, wow that sounds striking! Now will you feel compelled to make an afghan in those colors, and maybe off white, to reside in your new room?? Ha ha, I bet it looks wonderful!!

The funny thing is that the ghan I just finished for my hubby will go perfectly with the room! Its posted in show and tell afghans under the 'gamers power blanket' thread. I had the ghan started long before he picked his colors for the room. :D

The funny thing is that the ghan I just finished for my hubby will go perfectly with the room! Its posted in show and tell afghans under the 'gamers power blanket' thread. I had the ghan started long before he picked his colors for the room. :D

wow yeah, i just looked at it, it's gorgeous! great job!

oooh i like them both.

Plans are to do my green, yellow, & pink tonight along with the red, turquoise & brown. I already have a silver, purple & orange done. When all 3 are done, I will post pics.

I went to walmart to get the new RH Super Soft in black. They didn't have any black left, and the sales person said they aren't getting it anymore. I just don't understand their marketing - why get a good thing in, to sell only one time, and never re-order it. And I don't think that yarn is available on line.

So i will wait til the caron pounders go on sale again and get that in black to finish each square.

We got the computer room finished! well... I think there's still a few little touches that need to be done but for the most part...finished! (need curtains)

These three pictures are of the same corner of the room to show the progression.

Picture 1 is before: walls are a soft mint green, trim is unpainted/unstained wood.

Picture 2 is during: we were filling in the indents in the paneling so that we could roll the rest of it (wood paneling is a pain to paint btw!!)

Picture 3 is after: this is my hubby's "corner" of the room. Which actually takes up about 3/4 of the room! Walls are Dark Pewter, trim is Manhattan Mist.

post-44633-135897638201_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897638203_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897638206_thumb.jpg

Awesome change on the room makeover!!

I got all 3 squares done...just haven't taken a pic yet. I think the March square is my favorite. DIdn't reallize how good these 3 colors look together.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok here's the colors! brown grey and black!!! oh, April's fools!!!! patiently awaiting new colors for April! (mumbles under her breath, hope they are not brown grey and black, it ws a joke, honest, lol)

Those would make a very... depressing square, amid all our bright colored squares!

I do hope all is well with our "hostess" Peachykeen, as we have all been awaiting the arrival and announcement thereof, of our April Colors!! Lets hope she's just been super busy, and there is nothing wrong, and she didn't forget about us!!

I do hope all is well with our "hostess" Peachykeen, as we have all been awaiting the arrival and announcement thereof, of our April Colors!! Lets hope she's just been super busy, and there is nothing wrong, and she didn't forget about us!!

She hasnt been on the forums in a couple weeks. I hope she's okay!

Archived