"Color Me Happy" Along

peachykeencrochet

So I don't think I have seen this type of cal yet... But here is the basic concept... Every month I will give you 3 colors to use. With those 3 colors you will make a 10" sized granny square, or any kind of square you like, that you'll use to form a scrap afghan with. You can use any pattern for your 10 inch square but it must be made with the 3 colors of the month. I am personally going to make a granny square afghan myself, doing this cal. I think it would be fun! I will try my best to post the new 3 colors within the first week of every month. You can use any border you want to, and any color for the border, but the squares themselves must be made with those 3 colors for that month. :c9

Since it's feb, I am going to tell you 6 colors to use for this month because we won't have one for jan. You are welcomed to make 2 seperate squares and can use any color combination of the 6 colors for feb. Or you can make 1 square that is 10 inches with all 6 colors.

And yes, it can be any type of yarn you like, and any shade of that color, but it has to be those colors.

Feb's colors are - green,yellow, purple, orange, pink, silver

March's colors are - turquoise, red, brown

You can use grey if you don't have any silver! :-)

And don't forget to post pictures of what you decide to make with the colors!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like fun but I have so many projects lined up now that I hesitate to take on any more. I'll be following it though. I would love to see the pics and might join later. I could play catch up then.

Man! :P

People keep coming up with great CAL ideas that I want to join, and I'm already following along too many as it is! (only participating in a couple so far but several I "want" to do!).

This one sounds great though, use up a lot of scraps! I have a LOT of different colors.

Hm. And I know I have the colors to do the 6 colors listed already. Wait no, I don't have silver. And I don't think I've seen silver in the Caron SS.

You can use grey if you don't have any silver! :-)

Yep! Was looking at my scrap ball of the heather gray thinking "Hm, that looks silvery to me".

I picked green, silver, purple for one square. then the orange, yellow, pink for other square. Have the first one started, but feeling pretty tired so I won't finish tonight.

I made a small ball of green, russian joined 'silver' then wrapped it more, then russian joined the purple and wrapped more. Once the ball was made, I started crocheting! So we'll see how it looks when it's finished!

Not liking my granny square. Think I'm going to have to frog it and figure out a different square to do. Time to pull out the big book o'squares!

Yeah I was worried that it would be too similar to other cal's... and I have a huge selection of yarn I need to get through... :-)

Shell - I have a book at home, that is 99 granny squares to make! It has different kinds of granny's you can do. :-)

lol that's the big book of squares that I went to grab last night from the craft cave.

My first square, after about 4 other attempts and frogging, and attempting again, and frogging... I still don't like it. Most likely it will end up remade later. But I'm going to start on the other 3 colors and get that one done, then I'll go back to these colors. I russian joined the 3 colors and rolled a ball, then made the granny square. That makes a very... odd looking granny square. I definitely won't do that again!

First square: purple, silver, green.

ETA: well I can't work on the next square. I don't have any orange left in the house to crochet wit.... wait... nevermind. (hide my face as I remember the bag on the couch next to me filled with black, white, and ORANGE yarn for another blanket...)

post-44633-13589763315_thumb.jpg

This one turned out much better! but it's not 10 inches. Maybe I'll do 2 squares each month of the chosen colors. That'll give me 24 squares to play with at the end of the year to help make up for the lack in size? This square is 8 inches.

I'm going to remake the green, silver, purple one in this pattern. Whipped this one up pretty quick.

ETA: Added picture of the second square.

post-44633-135897633212_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897633213_thumb.jpg

got one done, will photo it later, it's about 9 inches though, as I plan on putting a border, (thicker border than normally one row) around it, so left it at 9. It is silver, orange, and pink, turned out cute. Next will do the other colors, and will be all caught up!

Okay, its all Shell Lee's fault...i HAVE to join this cal....

I've been wanting to make a granny square blanket for me for a long time, now this gives me the purpose in doing so. And a break from the WIPs I got going that are larger projects.

Will probably start tonight with the Jan & Feb colors.

Okay, its all Shell Lee's fault...i HAVE to join this cal....

I've been wanting to make a granny square blanket for me for a long time, now this gives me the purpose in doing so. And a break from the WIPs I got going that are larger projects.

Will probably start tonight with the Jan & Feb colors.

I'm such an instigator...

Archived