Sign in to follow this  
mrsollie

Turtle Fridgie

This is my first ever attempt at writing my own pattern. I have adapted and made my own patterns before but never written them out. Any questions or help in "fixing" mistakes would be greatly appreciated.

I used a F hook and worsted weight yarn.

Small amts of lt green and medium green yarn.

TURTLE FRIDGIE

Turtle “shell”

Chain 12

Rw 1: sc in 2nd stitch from hook all the way across. Ch 1, turn. [11sc]

Rw 2: 2 sc in 1st sc, trc in nxt sc, sc in nxt sc, across. 2sc in last st. Ch 1, turn .

Rw 3: sc in first 3 sc, trc in nxt sc, trc in nxt sc, trc in nxt sc, …. sc in last 3 sc. Ch 1, turn

Rw 4: sc dec over 2 sts, trc in next st, sc in nxt sc, trc in nxt st, sc in nxt sc, trc in nxt st, sc dec over remaining stitches. Ch 1, turn.

Rw 5: sc dec over 2 sts, sc across, sc dec over last two stitches. Fasten off . Weave in ends. [This is the top of the shell.]

Legs

Rw 1: With bottom of the shell pointed up attach yarn with a slp stch in the 3rd space of beginning chain.

Sc in same st sc in nxt ch. Ch 1, turn.

Rw 2: sc in each sc [2 sc] Finish off weave in ends.

Skip 3 sts and repeat for 2nd leg.

Head

Decide which way your turtle will face and where you want the turtle’s head to go. (Toward the bottom of the shell is best and looks more “realistic”.) I started my on the side of row one on MY left with wrong side of turtle facing towards me.

Rw 1: Attach yarn with sl st to designated area, sc in same sp, sc in next two st. Ch 1, turn [ 3 sc]

Rw 2: 2 sc in 1st sc, sc in sc across. Ch 1, turn. [5sc] ** 2 sc stitches should be towards TOP of shell..This is the top of his head!

Rw 3: sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. [5sc]

Rw 4: sc dec in first 2 sc, sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. [4sc]

Rw 5: sc in each sc across. Finish off weave in ends.

post-21361-135897631207_thumb.jpg

What a cute turtle fridgie.... I love crocheting fridgies and i think i will have to give turtle a try.. its looking cute

hugs

and thanks for sharing

Lillibet

QUOTE=mrsollie;2235035]This is my first ever attempt at writing my own pattern. I have adapted and made my own patterns before but never written them out. Any questions or help in "fixing" mistakes would be greatly appreciated.

I used a F hook and worsted weight yarn.

Small amts of lt green and medium green yarn.

TURTLE FRIDGIE

Turtle “shell”

Chain 12

Rw 1: sc in 2nd stitch from hook all the way across. Ch 1, turn. [11sc]

Rw 2: 2 sc in 1st sc, trc in nxt sc, sc in nxt sc, across. 2sc in last st. Ch 1, turn .

Rw 3: sc in first 3 sc, trc in nxt sc, trc in nxt sc, trc in nxt sc, …. sc in last 3 sc. Ch 1, turn

Rw 4: sc dec over 2 sts, trc in next st, sc in nxt sc, trc in nxt st, sc in nxt sc, trc in nxt st, sc dec over remaining stitches. Ch 1, turn.

Rw 5: sc dec over 2 sts, sc across, sc dec over last two stitches. Fasten off . Weave in ends. [This is the top of the shell.]

Legs

Rw 1: With bottom of the shell pointed up attach yarn with a slp stch in the 3rd space of beginning chain.

Sc in same st sc in nxt ch. Ch 1, turn.

Rw 2: sc in each sc [2 sc] Finish off weave in ends.

Skip 3 sts and repeat for 2nd leg.

Head

Decide which way your turtle will face and where you want the turtle’s head to go. (Toward the bottom of the shell is best and looks more “realistic”.) I started my on the side of row one on MY left with wrong side of turtle facing towards me.

Rw 1: Attach yarn with sl st to designated area, sc in same sp, sc in next two st. Ch 1, turn [ 3 sc]

Rw 2: 2 sc in 1st sc, sc in sc across. Ch 1, turn. [5sc] ** 2 sc stitches should be towards TOP of shell..This is the top of his head!

Rw 3: sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. [5sc]

Rw 4: sc dec in first 2 sc, sc in each sc across. Ch 1, turn. [4sc]

Rw 5: sc in each sc across. Finish off weave in ends.

Oh that is so adorable! Thank you for sharing the pattern with us! :)