Ghans for Local Senior Home ( Edited )

ImmaFreek

Ghans for Local Senior Home

I would like to make afghans for my local senior home. The Lemay Community Care Center is the only local Retirement home that I know of in my neighborhood.

I have been in the LCCC several times and the Staff there are all very kind and respectful people who work very hard to take excelent care of their residents.

Any time I walked in the doors, the residents who were "out and about" were friendly and always smiling and willing to talk to me.

I have dropped off a large amount of yarn for the residents a while back, and asked if there was any need for donated items. They said yes, and they would be much appreciated.

They would appreciate wheel-chair caddy bags, and lapghans/afghans for the residents. Acrylic yarn only,no wool please.

I would gladly accept any squares,or finished items.

Each blanket or caddy will have a contributor card with first and last initial of each person who helped make the item a reality.

Any squares or wheelchair caddy bags can be mailed to me ( Please PM me for address)

Thank you all in advance for any help with this project. This will be an ongoing project with no expected deadline.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

I would like to make all of the blankets using one pattern, that way they can be for either the male or female residents.

http://www.yarncrazy.com/supernova

BluesBrownsRedsGreensTansNeutralsVerigated are Welcome

No Blacks or White/Off White Please

That's a great pattern to make, I've done it before for the friendshipghan CAL. :) Do you have a deadline for when you'd like to get things to the LCCC? I can make a square or two, I just don't know when it'll happen!

That's a great pattern to make, I've done it before for the friendshipghan CAL. :) Do you have a deadline for when you'd like to get things to the LCCC? I can make a square or two, I just don't know when it'll happen!

No deadline, just whenever I get a few finished I will take them up. No rush :)

• 2 weeks later...

I worked as an STNA in a nursing facility so I know first hand how much the elderly appreciate the gift of a beautiful afghan. I gifted several while I worked there and it is an amazing feeling when you can make someones day and see them smile.

Is there a specific time frame that you need the squares or lapghans?

I worked as an STNA in a nursing facility so I know first hand how much the elderly appreciate the gift of a beautiful afghan. I gifted several while I worked there and it is an amazing feeling when you can make someones day and see them smile.

Is there a specific time frame that you need the squares or lapghans?

No , I dont have a time frame. Its more or less a long term project. I will take the completed ghans up there as they are finished. So whenever They get done is ok with me :)

Any help is always appreciated :hug

• 9 months later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still working on this and I do have a few blankets finished. I did deliver all of the wonderful hats to them adn they were so very grateful and loved them all.

I will post more when I get a few more of the blankets pieced together. I am still needin g some squares, but I am doing ok for now :)

Thank you to all who have helped me with this. :hug

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Lacey,

just ran across this thread, are you still doing this? If so, what are you collecting, sizes, colors, etc, and do you still just want that particular pattern if you are collecting squares, and what size does that pattern come out to be. Ok, question time is over, thankyou in advance for the info!!!!!!!

Archived