Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Mary, I'm glad the blow up collar works for Gracie - Lucy's legs are too long: she can reach anything with that thing on!

She'll love the cuddles....

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been busy! Dd, sil and the boys have been staying here while their floors are being redone. They couldn't stay in the house. I've been off work all week, and the boys really keep me hopping. Today I am going to babysit Jali for a few hours so dd can get a haircut. Tomorrow dd and family will be heading to aquatopia in PA fora little vacation until Sunday. Tomorrow my brother has surgery.

Boys have found me, so off I go

Good Morning! 

Marlene ~ Thinking of you today as you have the TEE procedure.  :hug   I've read up on that and the ablation as well.  I know you must be so ready for Monday's surgery to be over with...we're here for you!  :manyheart 

Joanne ~ Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your brother today.  :hug  Does he live fairly close to you?  Your week sounds very busy! 

The good news is Gracie is feeling good - that's also the bad news. ;)   She thinks she should be roaming free, of course.

Have a good morning, everyone.

Oh, Mary.... :lol ...I can picture you trying to keep Gracie corralled! 

Joanne, being a grandma of boys is tiring (having raised just one boy!) but I know you wouldn't have it any other way ;)

I finished the hat using Lagoon Homespun - same hat as the red and the blue one - but I'll take a pic and post one anyway.

Now to try the thread Christmas tree (upstairs project) and my poncho (downstairs TV project).

I'm beginning to think I have ADD....loL!

Taking Sparkie to the vet - he has a sore over his hipbone (he's looking thinner, so not sure if that's why he has the sore) He'll be 11 on 12/13

Later, gators

Judy ~ Nope, you don't have ADD...you have CAD - Crochet Addiction Disorder. :D  Which is just fine, of course. ;)  I hope Sparkie is okay. :hug

Cindy ~ Oh no...internet issues are no fun.  We miss you - check in when you can!

Zach has his last soccer game in the morning and we'll try to get there.  Luke scored 2 goals in his final game and he was so excited. :c9

Just working on dinner now.  Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning house!

Judy-hope Sparkie is doing well.  I have a difficult time only starting one project.  I usually have at least 3 going on at the same time..so many fun patterns so little time.

CIndy-oh no!  hope that your internet is back on soon, wonder why it went out?

Mary-enjoy your last soccer game, how are the grands?  What cute sayings have they come up with?  I love hearing about them!

Joanne-your grands are keeping you hopping, how fun to have them all in your home to spoil and spend time with.

Marisa-betting that you have lots to do over the weekend?

Marlene-did your procedure go well?  How are you feeling?

It has been a bit insane this week.  We are getting ready to host our annual Craft Bazaar..it is next Friday and Saturday....Joyce and I are running like chickens.  The "Pie Lady" rents out the back kitchen that I use for the event..I have been busy as a bee cleaning it up..who would have thought I would have soo much stuff in there?  eeekkk!  We also have to clean out the room next to the kitchen and then one down the hallway...every year we say we are not going to fill up these rooms but they become our catch all..we are also decorating the buidling.  We hang snowflakes from the ceiling down the looong hallway and in our shops.  Joyce has 8 trees in her shop..she has mutliple rooms and sells ornaments like crazy.  No room in my little shop for a tree but I did re-arrange and put up the lights in the windows.

Have also whipped up the last of the Christmas product..that is until they sell then I will make more.   :lol   Still packaging..hoping to finish by tomorrow. 

Off to work I go, have a wonderful day my friends!  hugs and warmest of wishes :ghug

Well, since Dh is listening to the radio on his phone, I guess I can use a little data too! I'm sure this takes less data than listening to Pandora or whatever he listens too.

We think our internet issue is our router. It's been a little persnickety for at least a year, but now it seems to have quit completely. We went out to buy one, but dh couldn't find the one he wanted in stock, so it had to be ordered. I don't know when it will come in.

LeeAnn, only three projects. I have at least a dozen at the moment! I love starting new projects!

Judy, sending good thoughts for Sparkie. Hasn't he always been on the thinner side?

Mary, sounds like you will have your hands full keeping Gracie under control. It's great that she feels so well.

We are going over to DDs place later today and staying for dinner. Dsil needs help with a plumbing problem. I will play with the grandkids or read. Maybe I will pack up a craft project as well.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Hi peeps.

Cindy, Yay for you  - like you said, if hubby can use data... ;)

LeeAnn, I could never work under pressure like you do! Some people thrive, and it seems that you are one of them! Enjoy the hustle and bustle.

Mary, the boys must be so cute!

Spark's issue does seem to be a bedsore type problem. Cindy, he has been losing some muscle tone as he's been getting older, plus the leg the he has the sore is the left back leg, one that he has never been able to use smoothly since he was young - though it never stops him from running after squirrels! Anyway, there isn't too much muscle on it, so his hip seems to have developed a pressure sore. After going through this with another older dog some years ago I was sure it was that, but knew I needed an antibiotic to make sure it wouldn't get worse. 

Let me tell you about this vet who subbed at the practice yesterday. A sweet young woman, who looked to be from India, and her last name confirmed it, was petrified of Sparkie. Sparkie is like the town mayor when he walks in - greets the vet tech, the office help - all women, which is his thing. Well, the vet walks in, I see her eyes widen as Sparkie walks over to her, tail wagging and acting friendly. The vet actually hugged the wall....  the tension and fear emanating from her was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Of course, once I muzzled him and she began to check him he became more tense than usual. Took me and vet tech to keep him from getting lose and banging around the office. She did manage to clip a couple of really long nails on his back leg, and offered to do more, also offered to shave the area around the sore - I politely declined. I have never felt so uncomfortable at a vet's reaction in my life! I didn't want to see Sparkie any more stressed than he already was.  When I got to the front desk and spoke to the tech (someone who loves Sparkie and who we know from all the visits there) I told her about the fear I felt coming off her - and which I know Sparkie felt - she stood up and high fives me. It seems to be the way this vet is. 

Anyway, that was the last time I should ever have to see her again, I hope!

Vent finished.....

Have a good rest of the weekend, my friends :manyheart

Good Morning!  We're in the 40's right now and it finally feels like November. :)

Judy ~ Just reading about your vet visit made me angry. :hug  She picked the wrong profession!  I hope she at least prescribed some antibiotics so that Sparkie can heal quickly.  :yes  

LeeAnn ~ Wish I was closer and could come to the holiday bazaar!  Hopefully you'll have time to take pictures. ;) 

Cindy ~ We have unlimited data on our phones...if they raise the rates once more, that could change. Lol  I hope you get the internet up and running soon.

Marlene ~ Thinking of you. :manyheart

Time to get busy! 

Good Morning!  We're in the 40's right now and it finally feels like November. :)

Judy ~ Just reading about your vet visit made me angry. :hug  She picked the wrong profession!  I hope she at least prescribed some antibiotics so that Sparkie can heal quickly.  :yes  ​Yup - on both counts. The vet tech chuckled when she handed me the bottle of pills...."You know the drill...." she said :lol 

LeeAnn ~ Wish I was closer and could come to the holiday bazaar!  Hopefully you'll have time to take pictures. ;)

Cindy ~ We have unlimited data on our phones...if they raise the rates once more, that could change. Lol  I hope you get the internet up and running soon.

Marlene ~ Thinking of you. :manyheart

Time to get busy! 

My thought exactly.

Judy, maybe Sparkie needs one of those memory foam dog beds.

That would be nice for him - but he tends to sleep all over the place downstairs, so I'm not sure he would lay on it. At least he spends the night upstairs, where layers of blankets lay on top of the carpet on the landing - his favorite place to sleep.

I am shaking my head....why is she a vet????

Our thought exactly! By the length of her red nails I;m guessing she just finished residency at the large animal hospital who owns the little one we go to and drew the short straw as a sub for the day.

Spark's sore looks less red this morning :D

Working on the thread Christmas tree book mark. will be making two, to add to the rug coasters I made for two friends.

I'm going to start my poncho while we watch the Jets game this afternoon.  ;)

Later, gators.

Hi house

Finally caught up with everything. I went to the outlets on Friday after dd and family left to go to aquatopia for the weekend. Ryan and Robbie were so excited. My brother had his surgery and it was all done robotically! He will probably need chemo according to my sis in law. He is doing well and this evening they will be clamping his chest tube so he can ambulate. If he has any difficulty breathing, they will unclamp it. His blood sugar was elevated yesterday, but ok today. They are not keeping him on his insulin pump right now. My nephew is able to work from home so he is staying with my sis in law. She is a teacher and doesn't have that option. Today has been a totally relaxing day. I started a throw for my brother. I'm keeping it simple and all one color. I'm using Caron pounders in the color lace. I'm just doing sc, DC, sc, DC to make a nice texture. I also finished a Caron cake scarf for a Christmas gift.

Tomorrow it's back to work. Don't really feel like I was on vacation but was glad I could help out dd and family., though, and I did enjoy the boys, even if they are non stop!!! Charlie is crawling all over, pulling up to stand and thank goodness I had a gate to block off the stairs!!! I was also happy that I could watch Jali so dd could go for a hair cut. I kept telling myself I raised three children and the age difference is about the same as the boys. It I have to admit, 30 years does make a difference!!!!! I'm young at heart, but my body does t know that LOL

Have a good evening !!!

Joanne ~ Good for you for having some "me" time today!  You deserve it. :yes   I'm glad your brother's surgery went well.  Hopefully, he will heal quickly and be cancer free. :hug

Judy ~ You are definitely on a roll! ;)  Is the poncho the one like LeeAnn made?  What yarn will you be using?

Marlene ~ Will be thinking of you tomorrow. :manyheart

I am finally getting back to cleaning and sorting through things.  Sue and the kids will be here for Thanksgiving, so now I have a deadline...and that helps!  The beautiful fall weather helps, too.

Have a good evening, friends. ♥♥♥

hi again...

Hi house

Finally caught up with everything. I went to the outlets on Friday after dd and family left to go to aquatopia for the weekend. Ryan and Robbie were so excited. My brother had his surgery and it was all done robotically! That's amazing!He will probably need chemo according to my sis in law. He is doing well and this evening they will be clamping his chest tube so he can ambulate. If he has any difficulty breathing, they will unclamp it. His blood sugar was elevated yesterday, but ok today. They are not keeping him on his insulin pump right now. My nephew is able to work from home so he is staying with my sis in law. Perfect...  She is a teacher and doesn't have that option. Today has been a totally relaxing day. I started a throw for my brother. I'm keeping it simple and all one color. I'm using Caron pounders in the color lace. I'm just doing sc, DC, sc, DC to make a nice texture. That's a great color for him, and the stitch is perfect. If he does have chemo it will be doubly appreciated.I also finished a Caron cake scarf for a Christmas gift. I saw the cakes at Michaels today - buy 2 get one free - but the price was almost twice what it was when it first came out, so I passed on it.

Tomorrow it's back to work. Don't really feel like I was on vacation but was glad I could help out dd and family., though, and I did enjoy the boys, even if they are non stop!!! Charlie is crawling all over, pulling up to stand and thank goodness I had a gate to block off the stairs!!! I was also happy that I could watch Jali so dd could go for a hair cut. I kept telling myself I raised three children and the age difference is about the same as the boys. It I have to admit, 30 years does make a difference!!!!! I'm young at heart, but my body does t know that LOL 30 years - and boys instead of girls! They are physically exhausting!

Have a good evening !!!

Joanne ~ Good for you for having some "me" time today!  You deserve it. :yes   I'm glad your brother's surgery went well.  Hopefully, he will heal quickly and be cancer free. :hug

Judy ~ You are definitely on a roll! ;)  Is the poncho the one like LeeAnn made?  What yarn will you be using?I was going to make the dragonfly one, but decided on an ultra simple pattern from Crochet Goddess. It's actually designed as a stash buster. I have shades of gray and various ones of lavender and purple - with a small amount of black I'll throw in. A bag full of those colors is alongside me right now. 

http://www.goddesscrochet.com/2015/09/10/easy-peasy-ponco-free-crochet-pattern/

I am finally getting back to cleaning and sorting through things.  Sue and the kids will be here for Thanksgiving, so now I have a deadline...and that helps!  I do my best cleaning, etc when I know we're having company! The beautiful fall weather helps, too.

Have a good evening, friends. ♥♥♥

good night, my friends.

Good morning. It's sunny here, and it's highlighting all my dust. I guess I will have to clean today....or....I could close the curtains. That woukd make it look cleaner! I'm astounded at how nice the weather is. I went for a three mile walk in the woods yesterday wearing a long sleeved top and a hoodie, and I was too warm after a bit. We did finally have frost, so my plants are now dead.

Our internet is back, ds came over yesterday and fixed it.

Years ago my mom knit a scarecrow. It was her plan to knit him a "wife" as well, but her health deteriorated and she never got to it. She gave me the scarecrow and the pattern, and I am considering trying to knit the female scarecrow. It actually looks like it's within my abilities, it looks very complicated but it's really just a lot of smaller parts sewn together. And therein lies the rub...the sewn together part..... The pattern also includes children.

I found this pattern on Saturday. It looks like a useful scrap buster. Since it's utilitarian, it could be made out of any sort of scraps. It doesn't have to look pretty.

http://snappy-tots.com/freebie-bag-keeper-pattern/

I started one, but I thought it was too big around so I frogged it. I'm going to make myself one though. I have my plastic bags in a box on a shelf. This would take a lot less space. Also, I think it would work up on an hour or two, and instant gratification is good once in a while.

Well, back to laundry....have a great day, ladies.

Good morning House!

Took yesterday day off to recuperate from all of the product making and decorating..I was exhausted but feel so much better today.  

Joanne-your grands sure keep you busy.  That is wonderful that they could stay with you while their floors were being done.  Did they have wood/tile done?  I love everything but I must say that hardwood floors are work.  I have them here in the craft studio, it is about time to strip and re-do but I am not sure when that will ever happen.  Is work busy for you?  Do you have any downtime?  Glad to hear that your brother is on to the mending, a new afghan will be perfect for him~

Cindy-ohh the dusting!  It seems like it is never done, did you close the curtains?  I love that!  I cleaned the shop windows and sills last week, what a chore!  The scarecrow that your mom made sounds soo cute!  I am not sure that I could knit one but crochet?  yes I sure could!

Judy-what a beautiful poncho pattern!  The colors that you are going to use are spectacular!  they will go perfectly together.  

Mary-did you have an enjoyable weekend with the grands?  do you have lots of appointments this week?

I made my to do list, it is long but I think it is manageable.  I was originally going to to go to Ceramics but I better work on product stocking.  On the agenda for today is my famous foot scrub and the matching foot soak.  Then it will be on to lotions and sugar scrubs.  On the soapy front I feel lke I am finally stocked up.  Saturday Joyce and I worked like bee's.  We cleaned and cleaned and decorated our hearts out.  The back kitchen is nice and clean and empty..the room next to it too and the hallway is decroated with snowflakes, our store front windows are done and I even hung snowflakes and garland in my shop.  whew!  All that is left is to buy the apple cider and ginger snaps...that is what we will be serving.

Folks always ask me how I get it all  done? To be truthful it is so much work!  I am gifted in that I am naturally hyper and can function on very little sleep.I think I have slowed down a bit..my friends call me the Energizer Bunny.  I can also multi task like crazy, my brain is going constantly.  Some days I fall flat on my face and can not move...yesterday was one of those days but after a day of resting I feel ready to go again.  

This week is going to be a doozy..tomorrow night we have the "Best of Alamosa" Chamber Business Network meeting..I WON!  I couldn't believe it, but I won the "Most ineresting merchanidise award"...who would have thunk?    Then Wednesday is a normal work day but Confirmation Class for my dd and then Thursday will be getting ready for the bazzar with Friday and Saturday madness!  Then it will be on to getting ready for the Thanksgiving and Small Business Saturday that weekend..oh my!

Guess I better get moving, have a wonderful Monday friends!  Hugs and warmest of wishes!

morning peeps

Good morning. It's sunny here, and it's highlighting all my dust. I guess I will have to clean today....or....I could close the curtains. That woukd make it look cleaner! I'm astounded at how nice the weather is. I went for a three mile walk in the woods yesterday wearing a long sleeved top and a hoodie, and I was too warm after a bit. We did finally have frost, so my plants are now dead.No frost here - though north of us and more inland had much closer temps over the past week. The sun still feels warm.

Our internet is back, ds came over yesterday and fixed it. Yay!

Years ago my mom knit a scarecrow. It was her plan to knit him a "wife" as well, but her health deteriorated and she never got to it. She gave me the scarecrow and the pattern, and I am considering trying to knit the female scarecrow. It actually looks like it's within my abilities, it looks very complicated but it's really just a lot of smaller parts sewn together. And therein lies the rub...the sewn together part..... The pattern also includes children. Oh, that sounds like a fun project! If we lived near each other I would volunteer to attach the parts for you!

I found this pattern on Saturday. It looks like a useful scrap buster. Since it's utilitarian, it could be made out of any sort of scraps. It doesn't have to look pretty.
http://snappy-tots.com/freebie-bag-keeper-pattern/
I started one, but I thought it was too big around so I frogged it. I'm going to make myself one though. I have my plastic bags in a box on a shelf. This would take a lot less space. Also, I think it would work up on an hour or two, and instant gratification is good once in a while.That's a good one - and yup, Instant gratification is good.

Well, back to laundry....have a great day, ladies.

This pattern, though really cute, IS NOT instant gratification http://www.amigurumitogo.com/2016/06/dragons-in-my-kitchen-free-pattern-with.html?m=1     :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

Hi to Marlene, Joanne, LeeAnn and everyone!

Have a great day my friends.

Hi Ladies,

My procedure is done with. I was awake through most of it. I had the worse time ever them getting my iv started. The nurse couldn't do it, I asked for an iv nurse, she did it twice and it didn't work so she got another iv nurse. She did it with no problems. Talk about being stressed out. I have a bruise and swelling outling the area of one the spots the first iv nurse tried. My procedure took three hours. When I got to the surgery room there was 9 tv screens all showing something different when we got started. They gave me pain medicine a couple of times so for the most of it, it was pretty comfortable. I asked the doctor if I was going to feel like a different woman when this was over and he said your going to feel like a millon bucks. Right now I am to tired to tell. We got home about 5:15, I had hubby make me some soup. I ate and was in bed by 6:30.

Hubby has an appt and I need to get ready so I will catch up later today or tomorrow.

Good morning. I'm on call for work. So far I've done nothing productive.

Marlene, I'm glad you got one of those procedures behind you. This Friday is the ablation, right? We no longer have IV nurses. Actually, we haven't had them in years, probably close to 30 years.

I finished a bag keeper yesterday, just need to weave in the ends. I dislike that part almost as much as I dislike sewing pieces together. It's only two ends though.......

Hope everyone has a great day.

Archived