Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning ladies!

It is a rainy and overcast day here today with falling temps.  We were in the 70's yesterday and with the temps today we should be down in the 40's tomorrow....no wonder my allergies are acting up like crazy!  Tuesday was a busy day at the office, but before that I ran my  mom to the mall quickly to pick up a pot my dad ordered from Sears.  A big 16 quart pot to use when they are canning tomatoes :)  Then we ran into Target.  She wanted some cute kitchen towels (non-holiday related) and found some there for only $2.50 each.  I'm going to put towel toppers on them for her so she can attach them to the dishwasher next to the sink.  She has a double wall oven, which is where she likes to hang her kitchen towels but the new kitchen setup doesn't make it easy for drying hands anymore.  I also found a super cute snowman towel hanger that doesn't attach to the towel so you can just switch out the towels throughout the season....I'm going to make one for myself, probably my mom, and maybe my sister and Troy's mom....but, we'll see how the first one goes before I make that commitment ;)  LOL  Yesterday I got up to my parents around 3pm after my patients and my mom and I painted the living room ceiling.  Before I got there she did the ceiling in the new closet in the master bedroom.  After I dropped her off this morning she was going to paint the walls in the closet and wait for me to help with the living room.  She said she doesn't do a good job with the cutting in (edging), but that it wouldn't matter in the closet.  I think tonight is wing night, but with my diet...it'll be salad for me.  I think I've discovered an allergy to corn!  I never would've suspected and although it sat well in my stomach, I've had other types of symptoms with that one...crazy!  I still haven't added wheat yet, but it's high on my list to get to soon.  Just need to give a few days to let my body normalize after the corn.

Judy - WTG on the decluttering....I need to do that too!

Mary - Sorry to hear that Gracie needs an ACL surgery!  Prayers that all goes well!

Cindy - Oh boy about the water heater, I hope none of your sewing things were ruined from it!  Gorgeous gold birch tree.  What kind of bread did you make? Oh, and congrats on being the newest bag lady!!! 

LeeAnn - Wow, 80+ hour work weeks!  Hopefully you can make some 'relaxing' time for yourself.  My mom had both of her knees replaced at separate times and did really well.  It's important to really push the PT and doing all of the extra stuff at home in between sessions that she's supposed to be doing.  Good luck with the paperwork...I know that I can never get it caught up so I hope you have a better outcome than I do. lol

Catch y'all later

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marisa, you must be in great shape to be able to do all that you do!! It's so nice to be young  ;)   You're such a great help to your mom. I know how close you are, and how much she must appreciate everything you do. Making towel toppers sounds like a great idea, too.

Cindy, I'm so happy for you - Mary Jo's bags are amazing!  So strong - which I can attest to, since I regularly use Caron Pounders and I can fit quite a bit in there! Enjoy!

LeeAnn, I read you blog update - you are so busy!! Love the way you make the bath salts, though I'm just a shower lady I do love the scents of well made bath salts.

I'm finishing up the third Christmas rug coaster, with one more to go - then I'll be working with thread to make  a Christmas tree book mark. 

We're waiting for the rain and storm expected that will signal the advent of colder weather - nothing yet. Just a lot of wind.

Have a good one, my friends,

Quick stop in to say I've read all the posts, just been busy trying to finish up the knit garter squish blanket for my niece. Her bridal shower is tomorrow. Only two more rows to go and bind off !

Hugs to you all!!!

Hi Ladies,

LeeAnn, We leave December 26th. I like being home for Christmas and being with the family. I grew up going to my grandparents and being with all my relatives. Maya is 10 and it won't be long that it matter to much if were not here for the holidays. We did go to Florida one year and wasn't home for Christmas and it was awful for me and DD. That was 13 years ago. Now that she has a family she says it's okay if we want to go to Texas early. That year her dad died so she needed her mom. Friends in Texas all facetime with there families back home so with technology now days you can almost be there. Hope your mom continues to improve daily.  You are super busy! I hope you get some time for yourself real soon.

Judy, The hats are super cute. I have a house that needs to be decluttered. Can't wait to see your poncho.

Mary, Poor Gracie! Hope she heals quickly. 

Cindy, Glad you had such a nice vacation. That's a beautiful birch tree. Congratulations on being the new Bag Lady! I love mine!

Marisa, I like french onion soup also. Your parents are so lucky to have you so close to be able to help with there new house. How fun! When I was working at the restaurant I had a customer that crocheted and she always gifted me with hanging towels. I love them! Can you share the link to the snowman towel holder? 

Joanne, I'm sure you have the blanket done in time for the shower. Have a fun weekend!

Michelle, I hope all is well with you.

It's been a very busy time since I was here last. I finally have dates for my procedures. I have the TEE on the 11th then on the 14th they will do the ablation. I can't wait to have this done and feel as good as everyone says I will. Hubby ended up going to the VA three different times in the last week. Only one was scheduled. He had an eye exam and will be getting new glasses. Then he woke up sunday morning and his hip was hurting. I took him to urgent care at the VA on tuesday for it. They told him it's part of getting old. Just what he needs to hear. They put him on an anti inflammatory medicine and it is helping. Then he went to see if they could do something with his left hearing aid. It has bothered his ear since day one. They cut a piece off it. He said it feels better but he needs to wait for the ear soarness to heal before he can wear it.

I went trick or treating with DD, Maya and Gerimiah. After we checked Maya's candy over her mom let her have a piece. She chose a butterfinger cup (there like a resee's cup). The next morning she woke up with hives. She has eaten butterfinger candy bars before with no problems. I sent an email out to nestle to see if they can tell us what kind of peanuts they use. I hope they can help us. Her mom said when Maya was younger she had a chocolate kiss with an almond in it and had the same reaction. 

DD is going away with a couple of girlfriends from school for the weekend so we are going down to Maya's for the weekend. She asked if I would put up the blinds in the kids room. Doing laundry now. I hope everyone has a great weekend! It's cool out now, but he sun is shining. 

Good morning ladies. It's a pretty day here, although it's chilly. Dh suggested we go walk the river trail in town later today, so we will do that and go out fir dinner.

Mary, sending good thoughts for poor Gracie. Poor doggie.

I slept poorly last night, so I'm not feeling overly ambitious. So far I've read a book. Tomorrow it's back to work.

Have a great day, ladies.

Quick stop in to say I've read all the posts, just been busy trying to finish up the knit garter squish blanket for my niece. Her bridal shower is tomorrow. Only two more rows to go and bind off !

Hugs to you all!!!

I hope you got a picture!

Nice cool weather today. We were outside with the pups for a bit, too. They like company...lol!

Making rug coaster number three later today, then the poncho pattern has to be chosen! I'm looking to use stash, s o we'll see...I did find a few simple patterns.

Later gators.

Good morning. :)  It's chilly with light rain and finally feels like fall here!

LeeAnn ~ Such good news about your mom!  I hope her recovery goes well and being back home always makes things better. :)

Marisa ~ It sounds like your parents' house is about ready!  Painting ceilings is no fun. Lol  Way to go on sticking with your diet.  I did read and save the link you gave us and it makes so much sense.  :yes

Marlene ~ Yay for finally getting your procedures scheduled!  You must be so relieved to be getting those out of the way before your trip to Texas.

Judy ~ The coasters sound fun - looking forward to pictures!  Smaller projects are always good after finishing an afghan.

Cindy ~ I hope your day at work goes well. :)

Joanne ~ Beautiful afghan!  Your knitting is lovely and I know your niece will love it.

Thanks to all of you for the sweet comments about Gracie.  :manyheart   I know she'll be fine, but it's hard not to worry.  I can't seem to sleep past 5 anymore. Lol  Off to start the laundry.

Morning peeps! Wonderfully cool here again.  :clap

Finished the blanket!!

I love it! You knit so fast! 

Good morning. :)  It's chilly with light rain and finally feels like fall here!

LeeAnn ~ Such good news about your mom!  I hope her recovery goes well and being back home always makes things better. :)

Marisa ~ It sounds like your parents' house is about ready!  Painting ceilings is no fun. Lol  Way to go on sticking with your diet.  I did read and save the link you gave us and it makes so much sense.  :yes

Marlene ~ Yay for finally getting your procedures scheduled!  You must be so relieved to be getting those out of the way before your trip to Texas.

Judy ~ The coasters sound fun - looking forward to pictures!  Smaller projects are always good after finishing an afghan.Thanks! And yes, it is good working on a small project! Picture soon...

Cindy ~ I hope your day at work goes well. :)

Joanne ~ Beautiful afghan!  Your knitting is lovely and I know your niece will love it.

Thanks to all of you for the sweet comments about Gracie.  :manyheart   I know she'll be fine, but it's hard not to worry.  I can't seem to sleep past 5 anymore. Lol  Off to start the laundry.

I totally feel your concern...every time Sparkie or Lucy show a sign of something not normal for them I go into a major spell of worrying. I don't remember...did you mention when she'll have the surgery? Poor baby. :hug

Have a good day my friends,

Hi Judy ~ I love the coasters and the patterns you used!  I actually found one small skein of green cotton at Walmart...only one they had.

Gracie's surgery is Tuesday and they may keep her overnight - just depends on what the vet decides.  They have a tech there all night so she would be in good hands. :)

The tv in the den finally went out, so we've been to Best Buy.  Now if we can just hook it up correctly. :lol

My niece loves the blanket! She said,, all my favorite colors!!!!!!i was so happy!!! We had a great time at the shower. Saw my cousin who came down from New Hampshire and my sis in law from PA picked me up and we drove up together. Ot was great to catch up woth everyone.

Love the rug coasters, Judy!!! So cute. And I don't really know fast. Started this a while ago, with breaks in between of making hats, shawls, etc.

Mary. Will be thinking of Gracie on Tuesday!!!

Hi to the rest of the house. I'm trying to get caught up on laundry and the dryer just went off. Time to put the next load in the dryer and fold the ones that just finished

Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight if you live in a state that follows this. Wish they would do away with it and just be on regular time year round. I already turned back the timers on my lamps and the clock on the thermostat. Lol

Morning peeps.

Joann, I'm so happy your blanket was a hit!

Hi Judy ~ I love the coasters and the patterns you used!  I actually found one small skein of green cotton at Walmart...only one they had.

Gracie's surgery is Tuesday and they may keep her overnight - just depends on what the vet decides.  They have a tech there all night so she would be in good hands. :)Overnight would sound good to me, too - esp under vet tech supervision!

The tv in the den finally went out, so we've been to Best Buy.  Now if we can just hook it up correctly. :lol

Hope the tv was hooked up ok!

Gotta run!

Good morning House!

Judy-your rug coasters are adorable!  They look so nice and eye catching, bet they will work wonderfully too.

Joanne-oh my gosh!  The knit afghan is stunning!  You sure did work it up fast.  Baby showers are so much fun!  Did they play games?  Do folks do that anymore?  Can you tell it has been years since I last went to one.

Marlene-what a relief to have your appointments scheduled, how are the grands?  Bet they are keeping you super busy. 

Cindy-I love going on walks, how cool does your weather get?

Mary-poor Gracie, hugs and warmest of wishes!  Did you get the new t.v. set up?  I get so confused with all of it, my ds always saves the day and sets everything up for his old mama.   :lol

Marisa-when will your parents move in to their new house permanently?  Bet you are super excited to have them so close.

Mom is home resting, it was a busy week but I am happy that everything worked out.  I worked a half day yesterday as I had worked last weekend for Joyce.  I taught a crochet class, what fun!  My student was a fast learner.  I hope that she sticks with it, crocheting/knitting is just  the best!  

Finally finished the dragonfly poncho.  Tried it on, it is way too big for me.  It goes down to my knees, it is on display at the shop.  Have had a few interest, hoping that it sells quickly.

Got up early to work on the holiday soaps, I am happy to say that I am almost finished with the Christmas themed products then I can work on filling up the shop with other lotions, scrubs and bubble bath.  In between I am putting meals to make in both the crock pot and electric pressure cooker, time to re-stock the freezer.  

Back to work, hugs and warmest of wishes!

post-33271-0-58069100-1478445768_thumb.jpg

LeeAnn, the poncho is gorgeous! I'm sure it will sell.

*edit*

I just found the pattern for the poncho - I think I have to make it for myself.... :yes

'Morning all. :)

Joanne ~ The shower sounds wonderful!  Your niece will always treasure the beautiful blanket. :yes

LeeAnn ~ The poncho is so pretty - love the colors and the pattern!  WTG on having your Christmas product ready to go. :cheer

Judy ~ Thank you for the hugs. :manyheart   I'm already nervous about tomorrow, but I know we will get through this. And we're having thunder storms now and they're predicting more late tonight...added stress for the little girl. :(  

I'm going to run some errands when the rain lets up and then crochet this afternoon.  Have a good day, everyone! ♥♥♥

Good morning ladies. It's looking like November here today, cooker and gloomy. Yesterday it was 65 degrees, today it's supposed to reach 70, and rain. DD and the grandkids are coming over and we are going to spend the day freezer cooking again.

Sunday was unbelievably busy at work. Both my brain and my body were done for by the end of the day. Yesterday I did laundry, cleaned the pantry and rode along with Dh while he ran errands. We ate the last of the freezer meals from last time.

Our water softener hasn't leaked in days now. We are not sure what to think about that.

Mary, sending out good thoughts for Gracie. Hugs for you.

LeeAnn, that poncho is really pretty, it's probably sold by now. I've never made a poncho, but I do have one that my sister in law made for me. It has rounded edges rather than the point which is probably better for those of us who are vertically challenged. Those points add a lot if length.

Marisa, it sounds like a lot of work has happened in your parents new home.

Marlene, hope your procedures go well.

Well, better get a few things done before DD gets here. Have a great day

Hi House.  It's been raining on and off since the night before last!  I like the cool, cloudy weather.  :) 

Cindy ~ Let us know what you and DD make this time!  It's always nice to grab something out of the freezer when time is short or you just don't feel like cooking. :yes

Gracie should be in surgery about now and I've been using all my nervous energy to clean kitchen drawers and cupboards.  She was not happy about not having her breakfast this a.m. ;)  The vet said she will probably come home late this afternoon.

Back to cleaning for me. 

Hi peeps

Cindy we're getting rain and cooler weather tomorrow. 

Mary, I clean when I'm stressed too. Can't sit down to save my life! Thinking of poor Gracie and you. Only saving "grace" is that she's a little one and not a monster like my two.  :hug

I'm bartering with an old HS friend I follow on FB. She loved the red hat so much I'll be making her one and she'll surprise me...I think with a piece of the beautiful jewelry she makes! I just saw an overhead picture of the the 150 members of my HS graduating class reunion. It was the 50th :faint

The vet called a few minutes ago - everything went well and Gracie is good. :)  He wants to keep her overnight since he had to delay her surgery time due to an emergency patient. 

Thanks for the hugs! :manyheart

I'm glad to hear that Gracie is doing well.

DD just left. We made:

Cowboy casserole

Shepherds pie

Pizza casserole (just to see how pasta does with being frozen, just one pan for DDs family)

Beef stew, ( again just one recipe, for us, we were a little anxious about freezing potatoes)

Chicken pot pie

Creamy Italian chicken

Tonight we are having leftovers! I'm cooked out!

Hi peeps!

Cindy, your freezer meals sound wonderful! I can only imagine the great cooking smells wafting through the house :manyheart

Mary - I'm glad Gracie was kept overnight. I'm sure by now you're giving her lots of cuddles.

Making another hat - in Lagoon, Homespun. It's for an old HS friend (our class just celebrated our 50th anniversary). She's making me something in return! Fun and games....

Hugs to everyone,

Good  mornning House!

Mary-hugs and warmest wishes for a speedy recover to Gracie.  I hope that she is doing well.  I clean when I am nervous too!  I also eat..not a good thing but I do do it.   :lol

Judy-a crochet hat sounds fun!  I like smaller projects.  Haven't picked up my hook in a few days, I thought I was caught up with Christmas products but had a few good sales days and am back to re-stocking.

Cindy-freezer meals are my  new favorite way to cook!  I have frozen pasta, no problems defrosting. I find the thicker pasta's work best to freeze.  Your dinners sound amazing!

Joanne-how's it going?  Did you make it to Craft Night this week?

Marisa-what is on the renovation list this week?

Michelle-thinking of you and hoping that you are doing well.

I am back to whipping up lots of product, as I was looking in my etsy shop, I discovered that I had an entire section of product to make.  I am making a huge dent in my list as I have been pouring soap for 3 days.  I ran out of room last night, now I am in the packaing process but am so excited with the newest Peppermint Bark Soap.  I had been wanting to make some for years but never got around to it...it is here at the shop.  Hoping to post it online this afternoon..back to work.  The promotional items for Small Business Saturday just arrived..always something to do..and the decorating has started :cheer

hugs and warmest of wishes!

Hi House.  Thank you all for thinking about Gracie. :)

We've been home about an hour and she's sleeping in her crate now.  It's either on her leash, in our laps or in her crate for about 4 months.  She really looks funny in her "blow-up" collar, but she's okay with it. ;) That will stay on for about 2 weeks until her stitches come out.

Cindy ~ Wow!  You all accomplished a lot yesterday.  Like LeeAnn, I've never had a problem freezing dishes with pasta.  Also, the potatoes do great when freezing soups and stews.  (I make way too many in hubby's opinion. :lol)

Judy ~ How fun to be trading things with your friend! 

LeeAnn ~ You are in full production made! :cheer  Your soaps are so pretty - the whole process intrigues me. :yes  

Better get busy. :)

Archived