Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning house!  Where has another week gone???

It's been busy yet again.  I haven't had much crafting time and do need to fit some in for Troy's Christmas stocking.  Mom's house (at least the main floor) should be done in time for her to decorate.  Troy got stuck with the 'generic' stocking last year, but I did make my sisters bf one last year.  My mom's cousin (who made all of ours and is the one who taught me to knit and crochet) never made him one.  Even though they've been together for 10-11 years now, she won't make them until the person is married in because she made my fiancé one back after we got engaged but then the wedding never happened.  So, I made Steph's bf a stocking last year and now this year I'm making Troy one and let him pick his pattern out...he was pretty excited to be involved.  lol

My parents left last Saturday and dad came back on Monday so I've been at the house helping in between patients.  Thursday I had our yarn night with my friends Becca  and Em (who I met at the Knit the Bridge project) and we attempted to make yarn pumpkins.  They needed to dry (glue was involved) so I'm not quite sure of their outcome yet.

Yesterday the countertop guys came back to fix their job.  Not sure if I mentioned previously, they cut the spot a 30" range top, but mom got a 36" range top!  So, the kitchen is officially done!  Mom drove back yesterday and we spent the later afternoon unpacking kitchen stuff and washing dishes, etc.  We went out to eat and to pick up some organizing type of the things she needed to get before we can continue.  So, I'm heading up there after my patients this morning to help her continue organizing (I LOVE organizing! lol)  and I'm bringing stuff to attempt a gluten free pumpkin bread recipe that I found...fingers crossed.  I actually tried twice already and failed both times.  The inside did not cooking while the outside was almost burning!  I got 2 different flours to try so we'll see how that goes because after my failure, I read the comments on the recipe and found that someone else who used the flour I did had the same problem.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the specific gluten free flour that the girl used in the recipe, so we'll see how these 2 go.  I should be adding wheat back in fairly soon anyways and I honestly don't think that it's going to pose a problem for me, but time will tell.

Tonight me, mom, and Troy are going to Outrageous Bingo, which is a fundraiser for the LGBT community and the facility where they have the event at a Jewish Church/Temple.  It's always a lot of fun.  They do it once a month and always sell out quickly.  We have some other friends going as well, so it should be an awesome time.  It's mom's first time and is not a bingo person, but I told her that it's very laid back and silly with an intermission show of lip syncing acts!  She's actually quite excited to go.

LeeAnn - So sorry to hear about your dd and Sam, she'll bounce back...we all do :hug Great news about the Chamber event and your Etsy class!  I hope you're getting things crossed off your holiday to do list, it's coming VERY quickly!

Judy - Scooby ghan is awesome and I'm excited that Larissa loved it so much!  Glad to hear you found a dress for the wedding reception.  How are the hats coming along?

Mary - Sending prayers for dh's new medication to work out so he can hold off the surgery a while longer.  How sweet of you to make scarves for the classmates.

Cindy - Thanks for all the info about granite, I knew it wasn't uniform but I didn't really know the rest about it.  Glad to hear you had a good vacation and were able to adjust your plans to accommodate the large crowds!  Sounds like you made some good reading and knitting progress.

Joann - I'm sure you loved babysitting as much as your dd loved having you babysit.  How was the art event that she went to?

Marlene - I hope the new BP med helps the cough and that you hear back about your procedure. Sounds like your brother's diagnosis is promising, what is the plan of action for him?  Did you get your sleep thing moved up sooner?  Sounds like you're having fun with the kids!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Happy Halloween in case I don't make it back on Monday!

:jack  :skeleton  :jack  :skeleton  :jack  :skeleton  :jack  :skeleton

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello friends. We got home last night. Our drive home was completely uneventful, but we were tired anyhow. We are all unpacked, laundry is done, groceries are bought and dinner is in the crockpot. I ought to vacuum a bit but I think it will wait until Monday. The grandkids are coming over tomorrow and they will undoubtedly drag in some dirt! Our dog was extremely happy to see us. Youngest DD stayed here with her, but she knows that we are her people and she likes us around.

We could not have asked for better weather and we had a wonderful time. Both of us were sorry to be going home....but not sorry enough to stay and deal with the weekend crowds again, I read 3 or 4 books and knit quite a bit on my 3 button shawl. We also managed to finish a puzzle. We never make puzzles at home, but we enjoy making them when we are on vacation.

A lot of leaves fell while we were gone, dh has cleaned up a lot of them, but there is a lot more to clean up still. It's nit very cold here, but it's gloomy. Good weather to work outdoors. I'm going to do some cleaning up in my flower beds now. Have a great weekend.

Hi Ladies. :)  Just wanted to say "Hi."

We left home at 10 this a.m. and got home at 7...DD and her hubby went to friends' engagement brunch and then to the TCU game.  The boys were so good, but grammy is tired. (Too bad they're too old for naps Lol)  I've read your posts, but we need to eat dinner. ;)  Have a good evening and I will be back tomorrow.  :manyheart 

Morning peeps.

Good morning house!  Where has another week gone???Hi, Marisa!

It's been busy yet again.  I haven't had much crafting time and do need to fit some in for Troy's Christmas stocking.  Mom's house (at least the main floor) should be done in time for her to decorate.  Troy got stuck with the 'generic' stocking last year, but I did make my sisters bf one last year.  My mom's cousin (who made all of ours and is the one who taught me to knit and crochet) never made him one.  Even though they've been together for 10-11 years now, she won't make them until the person is married in because she made my fiancé one back after we got engaged but then the wedding never happened.  So, I made Steph's bf a stocking last year and now this year I'm making Troy one and let him pick his pattern out...he was pretty excited to be involved.  lol

I'm afraid I side with Mom's cousin....there's a lot of work involved and she had to have been disappointed. That's sweet you let Troy pick out the pattern. Is it going to be kitted?

My parents left last Saturday and dad came back on Monday so I've been at the house helping in between patients.  Thursday I had our yarn night with my friends Becca  and Em (who I met at the Knit the Bridge project) and we attempted to make yarn pumpkins.  They needed to dry (glue was involved) so I'm not quite sure of their outcome yet.How did they come out?

Yesterday the countertop guys came back to fix their job.  Not sure if I mentioned previously, they cut the spot a 30" range top, but mom got a 36" range top!  So, the kitchen is officially done!  Mom drove back yesterday and we spent the later afternoon unpacking kitchen stuff and washing dishes, etc.  We went out to eat and to pick up some organizing type of the things she needed to get before we can continue.  So, I'm heading up there after my patients this morning to help her continue organizing (I LOVE organizing! lol)  and I'm bringing stuff to attempt a gluten free pumpkin bread recipe that I found...fingers crossed.  I actually tried twice already and failed both times.  The inside did not cooking while the outside was almost burning!  I got 2 different flours to try so we'll see how that goes because after my failure, I read the comments on the recipe and found that someone else who used the flour I did had the same problem.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the specific gluten free flour that the girl used in the recipe, so we'll see how these 2 go.  I should be adding wheat back in fairly soon anyways and I honestly don't think that it's going to pose a problem for me, but time will tell.​I have a friend whose DD has sever problems with gluten and has to keep to her diet very carefully, She's 21 now, and monitors herself.

Tonight me, mom, and Troy are going to Outrageous Bingo, which is a fundraiser for the LGBT community and the facility where they have the event at a Jewish Church/Temple.  It's always a lot of fun.  They do it once a month and always sell out quickly.  We have some other friends going as well, so it should be an awesome time.  It's mom's first time and is not a bingo person, but I told her that it's very laid back and silly with an intermission show of lip syncing acts!  She's actually quite excited to go.

LeeAnn - So sorry to hear about your dd and Sam, she'll bounce back...we all do :hug Great news about the Chamber event and your Etsy class!  I hope you're getting things crossed off your holiday to do list, it's coming VERY quickly!

Judy - Scooby ghan is awesome and I'm excited that Larissa loved it so much!  Glad to hear you found a dress for the wedding reception.  How are the hats coming along? Picture being posted in a minute!!

Mary - Sending prayers for dh's new medication to work out so he can hold off the surgery a while longer.  How sweet of you to make scarves for the classmates.

Cindy - Thanks for all the info about granite, I knew it wasn't uniform but I didn't really know the rest about it.  Glad to hear you had a good vacation and were able to adjust your plans to accommodate the large crowds!  Sounds like you made some good reading and knitting progress.

Joann - I'm sure you loved babysitting as much as your dd loved having you babysit.  How was the art event that she went to?

Marlene - I hope the new BP med helps the cough and that you hear back about your procedure. Sounds like your brother's diagnosis is promising, what is the plan of action for him?  Did you get your sleep thing moved up sooner?  Sounds like you're having fun with the kids!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Happy Halloween in case I don't make it back on Monday!

:jack  :skeleton  :jack  :skeleton  :jack  :skeleton  :jack  :skeleton

Hello friends. We got home last night. Our drive home was completely uneventful, but we were tired anyhow. We are all unpacked, laundry is done, groceries are bought and dinner is in the crockpot. I ought to vacuum a bit but I think it will wait until Monday. The grandkids are coming over tomorrow and they will undoubtedly drag in some dirt! Our dog was extremely happy to see us. Youngest DD stayed here with her, but she knows that we are her people and she likes us around.Yup - our pups are super attached to their people!

We could not have asked for better weather and we had a wonderful time. Both of us were sorry to be going home....but not sorry enough to stay and deal with the weekend crowds again, I read 3 or 4 books and knit quite a bit on my 3 button shawl. We also managed to finish a puzzle. We never make puzzles at home, but we enjoy making them when we are on vacation.I used to like puzzles - but wouldn't be able to put them aside to get anything else done! And that was back in the day when I wasn't a crocheter,

A lot of leaves fell while we were gone, dh has cleaned up a lot of them, but there is a lot more to clean up still. It's nit very cold here, but it's gloomy. Good weather to work outdoors. I'm going to do some cleaning up in my flower beds now. Have a great weekend.

Two pics....one shows the blue better,  Same pattern, one from a Red Heart SS yarn wrapper! Red one is in Homespun and for the mom. Dropping them off this morning,

post-8552-0-17823700-1477829528_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-96955000-1477829551_thumb.jpg

good morning peeps!

Judy ~ The hats are adorable!  :c9  You inspired me to start beanies for the little guys...I have two started!  

I hope everyone has had a good weekend! :manyheart

They'll love their beanies made by grandma!

Yesterday felt like Summer and this morning the heat is back on! Schizo weather.........

Not much on the agenda today, The candy for the little neighborhood munchkins is ready and I'm ready to hook again - maybe a poncho for me. A drape look, so I have to go hunting on Ravelry. I also have some rug sale coasters I want to finish making for a couple of friends. Christmasy colors.

Have a great day, my friends.

Good morning ladies. It's cold here! Things are back to normal here. My plans for the day involve laundry, and housework.

Once the to do list is done, I might sew. I have a felted wool sweater that I want to turn into a tote bag. I think I will get Dh to make me some leather handles for it. He usually has bits of leather in the shop.

Judy, those hats are really cute. When you look for a poncho pattern, check out the shawls too. When I was looking for a shawl pattern, I saw quite a few that looked like drape ponchos.

Have a great day, ladies.

Happy happy Halloween ladies! :jack  :skeleton  :jack  :skeleton  :jack  :skeleton  :jack  :skeleton

I had a good weekend.  Bingo was fun and mom enjoyed herself a lot!  Yesterday I got the bathroom cleaned and Troy did laundry.  We had some French Onion soup for lunch and then I headed over to my parents to help out and Troy joined us for dinner.  I got to sit and relax a bit last night and got some of the stocking done!

Cindy - Glad you made it home.  Did the grandkids leave some extra dirt for you to clean up today?  Good think you held off and waited on the vacuuming ;)

Mary - I bet you had a great time with the boys even though they wore you out!

Judy - I don't actually know yet how the pumpkins are doing, we haven't gotten back together yet.  The stocking is knit and I agree with mom's cousin as well.  The hats are great!

Joann - I can't wait to see your new tote bag that you make from the sweater!  Glad things are getting back to normal for you.

spent the morning decluttering the kitchen counters and trying to decide what to do with our downstairs office desk. We want to return the room to being a dining room. So far no takers for it. 

Good morning ladies. It's cold here! Things are back to normal here. My plans for the day involve laundry, and housework.

Once the to do list is done, I might sew. I have a felted wool sweater that I want to turn into a tote bag. ​You're so good at repurposing things!!  It'll look great, I'm sure,I think I will get Dh to make me some leather handles for it. He usually has bits of leather in the shop.

Judy, those hats are really cute. Thanks!!  When you look for a poncho pattern, check out the shawls too. When I was looking for a shawl pattern, I saw quite a few that looked like drape ponchos. Thanks for the tip. I have my feet up now after the busy morning, so it might be time to browse

Have a great day, ladies.

Happy happy Halloween ladies! :jack  :skeleton  :jack  :skeleton  :jack  :skeleton  :jack  :skeletonYou have a happy one, too,

I had a good weekend.  Bingo was fun and mom enjoyed herself a lot!  That's great  to hear. Yesterday I got the bathroom cleaned and Troy did laundry.  We had some French Onion soup Love that soup! for lunch and then I headed over to my parents to help out and Troy joined us for dinner.  I got to sit and relax a bit last night and got some of the stocking done!

Cindy - Glad you made it home.  Did the grandkids leave some extra dirt for you to clean up today?  Good think you held off and waited on the vacuuming ;)

Mary - I bet you had a great time with the boys even though they wore you out!

Judy - I don't actually know yet how the pumpkins are doing, we haven't gotten back together yet.  The stocking is knit and I agree with mom's cousin as well.  The hats are great!Thanks!!  

Joann - I can't wait to see your new tote bag that you make from the sweater!  Glad things are getting back to normal for you.

Later, gators.

Hi House. :)

Again, I'm keeping up with you all - but not posting as much. ;)   We had a good morning...voted, DH had an appt...and as soon as we got home things changed.  Gracie was not able to use her back right leg and I could tell she had been sleeping on our bed. I assume she jumped off the bed and something happened.  Keeping fingers crossed it won't mean another ACL surgery.  We see the vet at 3 tomorrow.

We've had lots of trick or treaters and we'll stay open until the candy runs out. I always buy too much, though!

Happy Halloween!

Hi peeps.

Mary, I hope it's just a muscle thing with Gracie! Sparkie does that sometimes - usually when he decides to nudge Lucy with his massive head. With only a 10 pound difference between the two, it's like Sparkie is trying to move a tank! Fingers crossed for you all!

Sounds like no more bed for Gracie :(

Thank you, Judy.  I'm trying to be positive and we'll know for sure in a few hours. :)  I went and got my haircut and plan to crochet for a while. 

Cindy ~ Your vacations sounds so nice!  What a great idea for the tote bag...you always have such creative ideas. :yes

Marisa ~ Yum!  I love french onion soup and haven't made it in quite a while.  Going for bingo sounds fun!  We have neighbors who go twice a week and love it. :)

Hi to the rest of the house, too! :manyheart

Hi ladies. It's a beautiful day here, 70 degrees and sunny. I'm sitting outside, which is not a normal November occurrence in Michigan!

I did not get to sew yesterday. Our water softener sprung a leak and it was wet around my sewing area. Dh found the problem, (just a rubber seal), but it is no longer leaking. He will probably go ahead and replace the seal eventually because it will likely leak again.

Mary, Sophie has times where she has a hard time walking too. Usually it passes in a day or two. She is almost 11 years old, so it might just be old age. Hope Gracie is doing better today.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Thought I'd share a picture of our beautiful gold birch tree. I can't figure out how to turn it right side up though.

post-6189-0-30713300-1478020088_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous tree, Cindy! The weather here has frost covering the car window in the morning and we're shedding jackets this afternoon!

Hi House!

Oh  my gosh!  I have been trying to get on here for days..then BAM!  Something or someone needs my attention.  I am so glad to be busy but these 80+ hour work weeks are exhausting!

Judy-the hats are adorable!  Your finished projects are always so lovely!  I personally love love making poncho's and shawls. I have one that is almost finished..can't wait!

Cindy-so glad that you had a wonderful vacation, your tree is a beauty!  We are having strange weather here in Colorful Colorado.  No snow and really warm temps, no complaints here but it is strange.

Joanne-bet you had another fun filled weekend, your grands are all growing up so fast!  

Marisa-French Onion soup sounds just perfect!  You and Troy are sure keeping busy.  I used to take my grandma to Bingo, she loved it.  I loved just spending time with her and spoiling her rotten.  I sure do miss her.

Mary-your grands are keeping you hopping too!  Will you get to see any more sport games this week?

Marlene-how are you feeling?  Did your appointment go well?

Michelle-how ya doing?  How are you feeling? better I hope.

My mom had a knee replacement surgery yesterday.  I spent most of the day with her, worked late last night pouring soap then up early to package and then ran back to the hospital to check on her.  She is in A LOT of pain, hoping that the afternoon was better for her.  Will run back to check on her this evening.

it has been super duper busy here at the shop, in Joyce's shop too.  I am running with no end in sight...off to work on paperwork..maybe I can get caught up.

hugs and warmest of wishes!

Morning peeps!

LeeAnn, I hope your mom's recovery is swift and without complications! We're getting warm and sunny temps too, but by Friday the high will be in the low 50's....my kind of weather

I finished looking through several pages of shawl patterns and found one that drapes like a poncho and isn't too huge. Next, I look at poncho patterns.

I worked on a second rug coaster last night. These things can be addictive! The only part that isn't a fav of mine is adding the fringe. I'm not into fiddly stuff, esp when the entire length of each piece of fringe I'm working with is only 4 inches,

Have a great day  my friends.

Good morning. Chilly and rainy here today. I managed to get most of my cleaning done yesterday. Hopefully, I will be motivated to finish it today. So far I've baked bread, and read.

Judy, I hope you find the perfect poncho pattern.

LeeAnn, hope your mom's recovery is going well. My brother in law had both his knees done a few months ago and said he needed pain medication for close to a month. He's really happy he decided on surgery though. Prior to surgery he had a lot of knee pain, and my sister in law said he just sat most of the time. Now he's back to a much more active life. And WOW, have you been busy! I'm tired just reading about it.

Mary, how did Gracie do at the vet?

Good afternoon House!

Judy-ohh laaa laaa a new poncho?  they are so much fun to make, I really do enjoy making shawls and poncho's.  It is a good thing I have a shop as I like to make them but am not very good at wearing them.   :lol   Do you have a color palet in mind?  Have you seen the gradient color yarn packs?  They are soo neat!  I am thinking of ordering a few for the shop..hmmm???

Cindy-your neck of the woods is lovely!  I bet you enjoy all of the stunning scenery, so relaxing and breathtaking.  How's the knit project coming along?

Been back and forth to the hospital, mom is in a lot of pain. She had a very rough night, hoping that she rested today.  I have been going in before heading into the shop and then again after work.  I am worried as she has had so many surgeries that her recovery is going to be slow.  She was up yesterday but today she was wiped out..

Dusting and cleaning the shop, customers just walked in.  Be back soon, hugs! :ghug

Hi ladies. :)

LeeAnn ~ Sending big hugs for your mom. :hug   I'm so glad you're able to see her often and I know that means a lot to her. :manyheart

Cindy ~ I can almost smell that homemade bread! 

Judy ~ Looking forward to seeing your poncho!  What yarn will you be using?

Hi to everyone I've missed! ♥♥♥

Our Gracie will be having ACL surgery next Tuesday. :(  There are two vets and both are wonderful, but Gracie has seen the director since day one and I feel more comfortable with him and Tuesday is his first available surgery time.  It's the 3 months of "on leash or in crate only" that is the hardest part.  So here we go again!

Have a good evening, friends. :manyheart

Mary, I'm so sorry about Gracie. And poor you! We felt bad enough having Lucy in a cone for 2 weeks! At least you know what to do this time around. :hug  :hug

I may be making a short poncho - using 2 strands of Homespun instead of the super bulky (#6) recommended. There's also another, regular length one, using WW, and I can use up some stash of grays, black and purples. Those are the front runners.

I finished the second rug coaster and have another set I want to make, along with a thread Christmas tree bookmark. 

Have a good night my friends.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Jumping up and down in e citement! I am the ecstatic owner of a Tampa Doll Crochetville tote! It's gorgeous and came with a turkey dishcloth, (too pretty to use), a sitting turkey ornament, (amazing detail) and a cute turkey pin.

post-6189-0-99743600-1478137334_thumb.jpg

post-6189-0-81633200-1478137350_thumb.jpg

Good morning House!

Mary-ohh poor Gracie, hopefully she will be feeling better soon.  Will she be ok after?

Cindy-Congratulations!!!!  Welcome to the Bag Lady Group!  Isn't it just wonderful?  It is a fantastic feeling to be a recipient, I have mine here at the shop with me, it always has a project in there..love love love it!

Judy-how are you doing today?  Whatcha working on?

Marisa, Joanne, Michelle, Marlene-hope that you are all doing well.

Just came back from the hospital.  Mom seems to be doing better..thank goodness!  She is to go home tomorrow, she is excited to get out of the hospital.  All of her therapy needs to be set up, it is going to be a process but it was good to see her on the mend.  I helped give her a sponge bath, she perked up so much.  It really is the little things.  

Nothing too exciting going on here in my neck of the woods, today I am hoping to finish the dragonfly poncho, I really can not wait!  It worked up fast, if I had more time I would have had it done sooner but all in all I am happy with the results.

Back to Etsy land, hugs and warmest of wishes!

Archived