Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-26273-0-85724400-1475851158_thumb.jpgpost-26273-0-85724400-1475851158_thumb.jpg​Good morning!!

Thoughts and prayers going out for Florida this morning as well as the rest of the east coast. Sitting here watching the weather news and it looks horrible​!

I feel a little better this morning. I need to clean the spare room today.. It tends to become kind of a junk room for throwing every thing on the bed. My brother may come tomorrow and he and his boys might stay for the night. Don't know yet...he's going through a REALLY bad time.

​ It is SO dry here!! We really need some rain. The ground just crunches and they have burn bans out.

​  JUDY- amazing how fast your fingers fly and on the graphs!! I haven't done one in years, but all that time looking to make sure of where I'm at... but Scooby looks like he is going to be really cute!!

​  CINDY- I'm going to have to check out some of those recipes on your blog. That would be real nice some days just to pull something homemade out of the freezer and not worry about it.

​  LEANN= I love your post on your blog about your trip! I would love to visit 7Falls!! I just love waterfalls, caves all that stuff!! I would have to pray for no flare ups while there! :lol  But it looks awesome!! And you are really moving along in your business....  Looks great!!

​    We had a good time at the painting party last night. I just mainly painted in my own little world and listened to all the laughter. I was just so tired!! But it was good. About once a quarter, one of the girls who is super creative, collects a small fee from us and shows us about 5 or 6 pics to choose from. She cuts out the wood and sands it down, and supplies all the paint and the ribbons. We look at the pictures and just go for it! But it is a great fellowship time! Here's what I did for my front door:

​ I also did a few more things for my blog:

http://www.stringingwithheart.com/spirit-headbands/

Well, wishing everyone a great day. Fixing to try to get going!!

Good morning house!

Oh what a morning it has been!

Here it is almost afternoon and I have been trying to post for an hour or so.

Michelle-your painting party project is awesome! How fun! I have heard of the parties, it all sounds like so much fun!  I too like to listen and work, so glad that you were able to get out and about.  It does the heart good.  

Judy-How's Mr. Scooby coming along?  Is your fur baby feeling better?  Lucy is probably wondering why she has to wear a cone and really wants to get at her ouchie..

Mary-is it still thundering in your neck of the woods?  are you tired being up so early? Mac n Cheese sounds good to me!  I love it but homemade please and thank you :manyheart  :manyheart  :manyheart

Cindy-my house is in need of a good cleaning, being gone last week put me behind but it will happen.  Last night we cleaned the kitchen tonight it will be my bedroom and perhaps the Craft Studio...I need a bit of motivation.  What project did you decide to take on your trip?

I woke up this morning to the most wonderful package from Tampa Doll...oh my gosh! I am still on cloud 9!  I have wrote about it here:

http://leeannsheavenscents.blogspot.com/2016/10/random-actsof-kindness.html

thank you all for thinking of me, my heart is full of gratitude, I can't seem to find all of the right words to say but please know that just made my day/week/year.  I am  humbled by all of you and your generosity as well as friendship.  hugs and warmest of wishes! :ghug

Michelle ~ Your fall decoration is wonderful!  We were lucky enough to get 1½" of rain early this morning.  The temps dropped into the low 60's and it feels so good. :)  

We're home from DH's weekly appointment and it's crochet time for me. :D

LeeAnn, I still remember how excited I was when I received my tote bag from Mary Jo! Congratulations!!!

And Lucy is walking around with a bandage over her healed sore to make sure the fur grows enough to cover it so she won't bite it and reinfect it. I still put tabasco sauce on the bandage so she won't touch it.

Michelle, I love your decoration! Beautiful...

Thanks for the compliments on my graph khans, my friends! I do love making them - but once I start working on color changes I have to go upstairs to my sitting room or the pups will be bugging me for attention! There have been times I would go off by a stitch or two in my count, but I usually can fudge most of those by increasing or decreasing on the next row. I've been making them for almost as long as I've been on the ville. Julie Kay, who used to be on here, sent me my first graph picture (a German Shepherd) and I was immediately hooked!

Scooby has feet....lol!

Good morning. It's cold here, 44 degrees but the sun is shining and it's looking like it will be a nice day. We are going up north to my oldest brother in laws place later today, and I'm interested in seeing what the fall color looks like up there, There has been quite a bit of color developing here over the past week, so it should be more developed 75 mikes further north. They live in a tiny little town that apparently gas this really great mom and pop restaurant, so we are going to have dinner there.

Michelle, your decoration is lovely.

LeeAnn, congratulations!

I have vacuuming to do and a load of laundry. I am going to get chili ready for tomorrow's dinner as well. I'd also like to spend some time sewing today. Best get moving.....

Good morning ladies!  It looks like I fell off the wagon again already, but at least I'm regaining much quicker than a couple years.

I just kind of skimmed through the posts and didn't take notes.  It's been a busy couple weeks here though.  That first week since I was here last was spent 'sprinting' to the finish line to have the kitchen ready for remodel scheduled to begin Monday October 3rd, which was the 2nd week (this week) that I missed.  Anyways, dad managed to get the whole kitchen rewired, the plumbing redone, drywall up and patching that needed it.  I pulled up carpet, staples, and tack strips in the areas that were relevant to our project meaning that it's still not all done, but we had to go a portion into the living to get the flooring down right since it's a snap & lock flooring.  Me and mom painted the pertinent areas and mom did a lot of the 'gopher' stuff as she likes to call it since she can't really get on the floor (well, she can but it's the getting back up part that's a problem with 2 knee replacements).  We finally started laying the flooring on Saturday later afternoon, which seemed a bit difficult to get going because the walls in this place are not quite straight/even (an ongoing struggle).  Dad worked on the flooring Sunday, but Troy and I had stuff to do during the day so we didn't get there to help until about 4-4:30 and dad had...I'd say almost half done, but the half he was working into needed a lot of cutting of the 'wooden' slats.  So when we got there we laid down the middle part of the flooring while dad handles both ends by the walls that needing to be cut so it worked out well and moved along much quicker.  We ended up finishing at 9pm Sunday night.  The install guys came around 8am Monday morning....so we made it!  It's been busy this week too because most of what we had to do had to be done after the install guys were done for the day.  They were booked for 3 days, but didn't finish on Wed so came back yesterday to finish.  The new fridge was also delivered on Monday, but the guys didn't leave the ice making kit! We spent Thursday running errands....off to Sears about the ice making kit, which they gave us without a problem.  And to IKEA to return kitchen pieces that we didn't even use...I'm not quite sure how they did their measurements, but we returned $600 worth of stuff that we did not need!  One piece of it we needed to exchange for a different size, plus my parents had gone the day before to return/exchange something that needed a different size (that was due to a cabinet that we needed to downsize from 36" to 30" because it didn't quite fit next to the window).  The guy was out on Thursday to measure for the countertops (also ordered from IKEA), they are getting a quartz top due to durability and NO maintenance (right up mom's alley, lol).  My parents left yesterday to head back to Hazleton for the week, which is nice for mom to get stuff done back there since the last 2 times they went back it was only over 1 or 2 nights.  Hopefully now we can slow down a bit since we don't have that timeline anymore. 

Last night Troy and I ran errands, I needed stuff to make buffalo chicken dip to take to his niece's birthday party today.  Although we can't eat it, that was the request.  We are going to eat before we head over to the party assuming we won't be able to have anything there, which is fine since we're prepared. We were planning to go stain the decks at one of his rental units this morning, but it's wet out and quite cool so I don't think that's happening :(  His buddy powerwashed it for him this week though, so we need to get it done! 

For the record, I really never felt the need to own a home because I didn't want to deal with all the house stuff....repairs, maintenance, etc.  I like just calling the landlord to fix stuff.  And here I am....between my parents house and Troy's rental, lol.  Sometimes God's plan for us is different from our own!  I'm actually enjoying doing everything to help them both though, although my crochet time is severely suffering :(

Anyhow.....

Great projects.... I saw a few blankets (Judy and LeeAnn I think) and a fall door decoration (Michelle I think).

I also hate cleaning and I told Troy when we move we need cleaning people!  He wants a decent size house and I'm already having trouble keeping up with this little one....granted it's so clustered in here there's no where to go with anything so that doesn't help.

Michelle - I recently picked up a book at a seminar called The DeFlame Diet by David R. Seaman that may potentially be of interest to you.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and everyone in the wake of Matthew stays safe!

Good morning house!

Marisa-oh my!  You are one busy gal!  All of the home renovation is awesome but hard work! I am not much of a home reno kinda gal.  Thankfully my dh likes doing it, I am the gopher and cook for those kind of projects.  They stress me out, painting really stresses me out because I feel like it spills into every room.  My twin sister on the other hand, loves painting!  She has painted almost every room in her 3 story house!   :eek Sounds like the new lifestyle/meals are working, so happy for you my friend!

Judy-you inspire me, one of these days I am going to try a graph ghan.  What do you think would be the easiest for a newbie?

Cindy-you have quite the weekend planned!  It is cooling down here, only 13 °F last night...brrrr...I am so grateful for my thick fleece jammies.  I had to bust them out as I can not sleep when I am cold.

Mary-so very glad that you were able to squeeze in crochet time, it makes me feel so good when I can just sit and relax.

Nothing too exciting going on, I have to work today.  Going to practice my Power Point for Monday's class then work on the knit socks.  I had started a pair for  my dh as an anniversary gift, missed the date but am hoping to get them done soon.  I am using a thicker wool, they are working up super fast.

The Temperature Crochet A Long that I am hosting officially started a week ago, best news..I have managed to keep up!  I am crocheting 2 small hexagon's a day.  One for the high temp and the other for the low temp.  Only 3 rounds per hexi and I am connecting as I go....and weaving in my ends. :yay   I am astonished with myself, loving the way that it is working up.  Have any of you done the temperature projects? 

Off to get ready for the day, hugs and warmest of wishes! :ghug

Hi peeps!

Cindy, enjoy your family visit and the leaf peeping. It's been around 55 most of today, with a very cold and windy rain most of the day.

Marisa, my son loves his apartment for the reasons you mentioned...and his building has just gone rent control. He's in heaven.

You have a lot more patience than I do, doing all those jobs for your folks ad Troy's house! And I'm curious: why can't you eat the buffalo dip?

LeeAnn, I'll check for easy graph patterns for you. I think I have a free potholder pattern I got from an old magazine. But it has the a cat's face on it - being a small project you can get your feet wet with the concept. You tube videos are a great help - they weren't around when I started! And cotton for potholders of course, unless you just want them for practice and won't use them.

I'll check and see what I can find in my files. I'd love to enable you  help you try it! :devil

Hi House!  The weekend is about gone and I just realized I haven't posted.  We had little people here part of yesterday and last night.  The weather has been gorgeous and cool, so I worked in my yard this morning.  Just cleaning up the beds and cutting back some perennials...it felt great.

See you tomorrow!

Good morning, everyone. :)

Marisa ~ Wow!  It sounds like your parents will be ready to move in before long.  I know they appreciate having help from you and Troy!  Maybe you can squeeze in some crochet time while they're back in New York this week? ;)

LeeAnn ~ The temperature CAL sounds like fun!  And your temps are definitely cold. Lol  Looking forward to seeing the hexies. :yes

Judy ~ It sounds like Lucy is doing much better.  Tell her I said to behave herself. :)

Cindy ~ I hope you all had a great trip to your brother-in-laws.  Our leaves haven't started changing colors yet, but should start before long.

Marlene ~ Thinking of you!  Have they scheduled your procedure yet?

Better get started on the laundry and chores. DH and Gracie are still asleep, but I enjoy being up early when it's quiet. :)

Thank you for the birthday wishes!! Im in boston with my oldest daughter!! We are going to the boston red sox game later today since it was rained out yesterday. Although she is a red sox fan (im a yankee fan), ive never been to a major league baseball playoff game so it should be lots of fun!!!

The drive up Saturday was gorgeous. The fall foliage was spectacular!!! We have been having a relaxing time. Since it rained all day yesterday and the game was cancelled, we opted to just stay in. I made her a half granny shawl in cherry chip. We had stopped in Michael's after going out to dinner Saturday and she picked that color. I had just finished one in red velvet but she said she really liked the cherry chip. So i bought it and made it yesterday for her!

Ive read through all the posts and dd has just gotten up, so I'm going to sign off and go have some coffee. Have a wonderful day. I am looking forward to spending my birthday with her in Boston ( another first). I will be driving back home tomorrow and then back to work on wed

Hugs to all!

Morning peeps!

Marty, from your mouth to God's ears...lol!Lucy loves flying through the yard, chasing her ball and looking up at the many squirrels climbing around the big oaks. A few days ago I was out back and heard a lot of racket... looked over the fence in time to see a huge utter of white and grey wings barely off the ground and a squirrel screeching! Lucky critter hung on to the bottom of a small tree, frozen in place for the longest time! It probably saw its entire brief life flash before it's eyes!

We have a lot of raptors around here. And with the water flows by we also saw an egretast week. Nature is wonderful, especially for me, raised in NYC. I never get tired of watching it all.

I hope to get back k to work on Scooby Doo today...

Have a good one my friends.

Hello house!

Did everyone have a good weekend?  It sure felt like a work weekend but all in all it was a good one.

Joanne-Happy Birthday to you my friend!   :birthday  :bday enjoy the game and your dd, how fun!  The Cherry Chip Caron Cakes are beautiful!  You are so fast, can't believe that you finished a shawl in a day, wow!

Judy-I had to laugh at Lucy, she sounds like so much fun! We have 4 out door cats, I love sitting and watching them play and roll around in the dirt and grass.  They are too cute!  Sometimes they just sit atop the fence and watch the cars go by.  

Mary-you were up early!  Did you get your chores done?  They seem never ending in our house but I am sure trying to get them all done so that I can spend the rest of the week doing with I love.

Marissa-you and Troy are working like bee's, hoping that you can take a small break soon!

Hello to the rest of the house!  Tonight is my 3rd Etsy class, I have studied the power point and feel a lot better about this weeks topic, Pricing/Shipping and finances..right up my alley!

Yesterday we drove dd to Pueblo a bigger city than Alamosa.  She found the prettiest Blush (Pink) dress to wear for homecoming this weekend.  Along with shoes and a small purse.  She is so sweet and is over the moon excited to be going with her boyfriend Sam.  He is a nice young man, very easy on the eyes too.   :lol

Off to get my bathrooms cleaned before class, talk soon.  Hugs! :ghug

Joanne ~ Your birthday plans sound wonderful!  Enjoy the rest of your stay with your DD. :)

LeeAnn ~ Have a great Etsy class!  Oh, I remember how much fun it was to go shopping with DD for homecoming and proms.  Well, it was tiring, but fun. Lol  Of course, she tried on everything in the store and I always gave in on our set budget. ;)

Judy ~ I can just see Lucy flushing out all the creatures!  When Gracie's in the mood, she does the same thing.  Last year when a wild turkey landed in our back yard, we had to close all the blinds and only take her out in front until he finally left. :lol

We've been to have DH's glasses fixed, grocery store and had lunch.  I think I'll crochet for a while - and ignore the dusting and vacuuming.

Hi ladies. Super busy at work again. My day wasn't too bad, but I was glad to go home. Although my patient was extremely pleasant.

Joanne, your birthday sounds absolutely wonderful. Hope your drive home is uneventful.

Judy, I grew up in the country and we have lived on ten wooded acres ever since we were married, nearly 37 years ago. I take

wildlife sightings for granted. However, once when we were in Cade's Cove in the Smokies, there was literally a traffic jam caused by a couple of deer grazing beside the road. Around here they graze in our yard and eat my hostas. I see them walking down our driveway nearly every day. My brother in law and sister in law about an hour north of us regularly have bears getting into their bird feeders.

LeeAnn, hope your class went well.

Mary, you are always so busy!

Good night, friends.

Hi ladies. Lovely day here as well. Sunny and 70 degrees.

I managed to get those pants altered finally. I also caught up on my ironing and did some laundry. I should have worked on cutting back my perennials since it was such nice weather but it didn't occur to me until it was time to make dinner.

Work again tomorrow.

Have a great evening ladies.

Good afternoon House!

Mary-ohh cleaning and desk stuff is what I do daily.   :lol   My desk here at the shop and at home are messy and sometimes super disorganized.  I try to keep it all looking neat and tidy but some days I just "Stack" items...it's terrible.   :P   

Cindy-you are on the ball!  I have had a pair of pants that need to be altered for ummm at least a year.  I am five feet tall..everything I buy  has to be altered, short people problems as my dd says.

You all are so lucky with the warm weather!  It has been overcast, cold and windy here..winter is right around the corner. 

Nothing too exciting going on, worked on the other Etsy shop, adding more yarn.  Still have a lot to go but I am making a small dent.  Almost time to head home, have an order for 30 of the mini elephant soaps..shouldn't be too hard as I can pour 32 in one whack!  Yeahh!  I love having multiple molds, really makes it more manageable.

hello to everyone else, hugs and warmest of wishes! :ghug

Good morning. I've been up since 5:30. I am supposed to work, but at 5:40 I was asked if I wanted the morning off. I said yes. At 5:45 they called back and asked me to be on call, I had gotten up at 5:30 as usual, so it didn't matter much to me. I didn't sleep hardly at all, so even just one less hour at work will be nice. Hopefully they will call me in before noon if I get called in. I need to have a TB skin test read andthe clinic is only open until noon. Otherwise I will have to go in early tomorrow so that I can swing by the hospital to have it read before I go to the medical education building to teach ACLS.

Just got called in.....

Morning peeps!

Cindy, you sound so calm never knowing if you're going in to work. I would be fine with a career like that but DH, not so much...lol! Yay for altering the pants!

LeeAnn, I always have to hem my pants - even sweat pants! I'm barely 5'4 or so, "behind the door" as they say, when the height was handed out in my family. Two brothers are 6'5" and 6'8" but my sis and I are height challenged, taking after mom. Girl cousin and a niece are close to 6 foot, though!

I finished row 62 of the graph ghan yesterday, just abut the halfway point - minimal color changes until the head of Scooby, so it's fast at this point. I'm keeping track of how much time I spend on it as well as row count. I get asked about those two things a lot.

Pups are enjoying the cool weather and we've started winterizing the back yard, bringing in stuff and ditching summer plants.

I read all your posts....I hope you all get some craft time!

Have a good one my friends

Archived