JulieKay

Our House Part Two

Good morning. Still gloomy, rainy and chilly here. It seems like fall has really arrived. I've been up since seven. My laundry is nearly done and I even got caught up on ironing. Just towels left to wash. We are going to DDs for dinner this evening so I don't have to cook. I offered to bring something, but so far she hadn't come up with anything yet.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Morning peeps!

Cindy, we're having the same the weather - been that way for several days. The grass looks good, anyway!

Later, gators.

Hi House. :)  

LeeAnn ~ I just know you're having a wonderful weekend!  What a beautiful place to celebrate your anniversary. :yes   The comfort 'ghans are lovely.

Cindy ~ Have a great time at DD's this evening.  We'll have the boys from about noon today until tomorrow afternoon. At least our weather is cool and dry so they can use their scooters and bikes. :)

Judy ~ The stuffed GS dog is such a neat thing to make!  Looking forward to pictures. 

This past week just wore me out.  Nothing out of the ordinary going on...I guess my age is showing. Lol 

Have a good Saturday, everyone. :manyheart

Ready for this gloomy weather to end. I watched robbie and charlie for a few hours while dd took ryan to a classmates birthday party Them i stopped at trader joes on my way home since there are some things i like to get there and it is about 10 minutes from dds house. Got home, did laundry and then dh an i went out to dinner and then a quick stop at Michaels and i picked up 2 red velvet caron cakes. I finished a shawl with cherry chip Caron cake yarn tonight. This one was called augusta shawl....very similar to the half granny square shawl, except instead of 3 DC ch1 in each space, you do 2DC ch 1. It came out nice. Just have to take a picture in daylight.

Tomorrow I'm babysitting Jali. DD has a deal with the NJ Devils to have her pop up print shop at an event the Devils are having tomorrow

Hope you enjoyed your dinner with DD and family, Cindy

Mary. Have fun with the boys.

Leeann...hope you are enjoying your anniversary getaway!!!!

Judy..is this the week the cone may come off?

Marlene, Michelle, Marisa and kiyo. . Hope you are having good weekend !!!!

Edited by imanurse55

Hi peeps.

Joanne, Tuesday is Lucy's vet visit - hopefully she will be cone-less after that and won't rip a hole in it. While we're there Sparky needs ear meds, so he'll going Lucy in the exam room. They won't dispense the meds without seeing him, despite his record of chronic infections. 

Your daughters are so lucky to have you close by!

I'm having a slow start to the stuffed dog - but have a  Eureka moment yesterday and realize what I was doing wrong on the neck part. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Have a good night - hi to everyone lurking!

Good evening House!

I am baaaacccckkk!  We had a super duper wonderful weekend!  Oh my gosh, the Water Falls were amazing!  We did an awful lot of walking. Dh wore his foot pedometer, we walked over 9000 steps!  Eeekk!

Will post photo's tomorrow but wanted to fly by to let you all know that I am thinking of you.  hugs and warmest of wishes!

• Like 1

Hi Ladies,

Michelle, I hope your doing better with your flare up. We winter in Texas a few days of December to mid April. We leave December 26th. My procedure is going to be a TEE-transesophagel echocardiogram and abalation. 

Judy, Beautiful baby blanket! You are going to make the 4 year old day. She will love her police dog. I have the type of hair as you. I wear layers and it seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. 

Cindy, A cleaning schedule sounds like a good idea. I'm hoping after my heart procedure I will bounce back to normal. My house really needs attention. When do you go to the Smokey Mountains? 

Mary, Hope your getting rested up between all the doctor appts. 

LeeAnn, Happy Anniversary! The comfortghans turned out great. They will be much appreciated. The falls look like a nice place to visit for a mini vacation. 

We went to Maya's house thursday and spent the weekend. Her mom and daddy wanted to go away for the weekend. They went to Chicago. They took the commuter train and she said that's the way to go if I ever wanted to go to Chicago. She picked me up a bag of Garrett's caramel corn. DS buys me a bag for Christmas. It is the best! We stayed with the kids. Boy Gerimiah wore me out. I was thinking I'm glad were going home today so I can rest. I did three loads of laundry which involves going up and down stairs. Maybe if I hadn't Gerimiah wouldn't of wore me out. But I like to help out. Maya is going to camp today until wednesday. I helped her pack her things. She is so excited! 

I called the doctors office friday as I still hadn't heard when I would have my procedure and I still don't. She said it's taking longer because the doctor is going to be out part of the week for the next two weeks. To me it's pretty simple book starting the third week of October. She was glad I told her I go to Texas in December. Which makes me think the doctor should of put some info in his notes about scheduling me. 

Wednesday and Thursday I will be at the hospital with my brother. He is having a Thalium test done. We have to be there at 7:30am both days. I will stay with my sister wednesday night. 

DS reffed a soccer game last week. I was able to watch the game online. I had a few issues with buffering so I need to see if I can find out why. Maybe a certain drive needs to be updated. I love soccer so it was exciting to watch the game and him ref. 

I hope everyone has a good week!

• Like 1

Hi ladies. :)

Joanne ~ How was your day with baby Jali? :c9   Your DD's event sounds really interesting...I hope it went well. :yes

Judy ~ Keeping fingers crossed that Lucy is all healed and that you can toss the cone!

LeeAnn ~ Oh, so glad you had a wonderful weekend!  You deserved some time off for a change. :manyheart

Marlene ~ How frustrating not to have the appointment scheduled yet!  Hopefully, they'll do that soon so you can get this procedure behind you. :hug   I hope your brothers testing goes well. :yes

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

Well, I've got a swollen, bruised cheek and lip. Ice packs are really helping. While trying to make sure Zach didn't fall off his bike on the driveway, I got him to land on the grass and I landed on the driveway.   (Not gracefully, I might add. :lol)  Nothing broken or serious, but I won't be going to the dentist for my crown impressions this week. :rolleyes

'Morning, everyone. :)   We just got back from hubby's regular 6 month check up. Now I have to take Pilot into the Honda dealer...it seems the ac fan/blower has a mind of its own and is stuck on "high."  Very annoying and very loud. ;)  I have a scarf started and will take that with me.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day! :manyheart

• Like 1

Hi peeps!

Had a vet visit this AM - a recheck for Lucy, who crashed into things (twice) in the back yard yesterday, destroying the original cone as well as the back up cone. I then caught her biting the scab, so slapped on a non stick gauze pad, taped it loosely and topped it off with splashes of tabasco sauce to keep her from puling it off.

Vet says she's healing great and if the bandage works, go for it!

Brought Sparkie in too - ears are infected again, so meds twice a day in the ears for 10-14 days. 

Off to start a Scooby Do graph ghan for the little neighbor. I was having a hard time with the stuffed dog pattern and knew it wasn't going to look good enough for me even if I plowed through to the end.

Later gators!

HI ladies. I'm feeling very unambitious today. I slept well, but I'm still tired. So far I haven't accomplished all that much. I even pulled out one of those freezer meals that I made last month. DD already tried this one, (creamy Italian chicken), and they weren't crazy about it. I had my doubts about it when I saw the recipe, since I thought that it had way too much Italian dressing in it, but a couple of DDs friends gave it good reviews, so I decided to try it.

Judy, I'm sorry the crocheted GSD didn't work out. I think your neighbor will like ScoobyDoo though. Seems like some dogs are really Leone to ear infections. We had a cocker spaniel that was on medication for her ears a lot.

Mary, I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I am a very accident prone person, so I can totally see that happening to me. I'm glad it wasn't any worse.

LeeAnn, I'm so glad you had a great weekend. It's good to take time to recharge and reconnect.

Marlene, I hope your appointment is soon. Seems like you have been waiting for quite a while already.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi all,

Sumday was a fun day with Jali!! The event at the NJ devils was great and my DDs promt shop got lots of exposure. There were even some devils players learning how to screen print . It was an event held dor the season ticket holders. Dd called me aroumd 2 and said that i could come over and someone would let me in. So Jali and i walked over!! He loved all the activity and lights in the arena. We then walked home and waited for dd to get back. The devils are hiring her pront club for 10 other games where they will supply limited edition prints.

Last night went to craft club and had a great time. Working on another half granny shawl in the red velvet caron cakes yarn.

Judy, Glad that lucy is on the mend and the bandage is working. Im sure the scoovy ghan will turn out fabulously. Hope sparkie feels better soon

Mary, sorry to read about your fall!!!! I could totally see that happening to me Hope the wait for the pilot was painless. I dont mind taking my car in since i always know that i will have crocjet or knitting time.

Cindy, how was dinner? I decided to make beef stew in the crockpot. It was great to come home to a delicious dinner waiting

Leeann. Glad you had a great weekend get a way. !!!

Marlene. Hope by the time u read this, you have your appointment. Please take it easy!!

Hi to the rest of the house!,

Joanne, somewhat to my surprise, dinner was very good. (Mine also cooked in the crockpot, love that thing!). Both of us liked it, and Dh even said that I should make it again! It was super simple, and there is enough leftover for another meal. This is the recipe. http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2014/05/07/crockpot-italian-chicken-recipe/

I thought it would be very vinegary tasting since it had both liquid Italian dressing and a packet of Italian dressing mix in it, but it wasn't at all. I used a storebrand bottle of dressing which might have been milder than what DD used.

Edited by Gardener

Hi ladies. :)

Joanne ~ How was your day with baby Jali? :c9   Your DD's event sounds really interesting...I hope it went well. :yes

Judy ~ Keeping fingers crossed that Lucy is all healed and that you can toss the cone!

LeeAnn ~ Oh, so glad you had a wonderful weekend!  You deserved some time off for a change. :manyheart

Marlene ~ How frustrating not to have the appointment scheduled yet!  Hopefully, they'll do that soon so you can get this procedure behind you. :hug   I hope your brothers testing goes well. :yes

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

Well, I've got a swollen, bruised cheek and lip. Ice packs are really helping. While trying to make sure Zach didn't fall off his bike on the driveway, I got him to land on the grass and I landed on the driveway.   (Not gracefully, I might add. :lol)  Nothing broken or serious, but I won't be going to the dentist for my crown impressions this week. :rolleyes

Oh, Mary, I totally feel for you. I'm another one who is accident prone. You're a wonderful grandmother - thinking of Zach before yourself! Ouch! I hope you heal quickly. :hug

Good morning, friends. :)

Joanne ~ That is wonderful news about your DD's shop!  I still haven't tried the 'cakes' yarn, but I love the way it looked in your and Judy's pics. :yes

Cindy ~ Your dinner sounds delicious!  It's always so nice to have things in the freezer all ready to go.  I bet you are really looking forward to your trip!

Judy ~ Your vet sounds like ours. ;)   One time I was desperate when Maggie had a similar "wound" and I sprinkled cayenne pepper on a gauze pad...our vet thought it was a great idea. Lol  The graph 'ghan will be perfect for the little one. :)

Good news...my Grammy bruises are almost gone. :lol   And, I didn't even make it into the service bay at Honda.  The guy who came out to check me in saw the boys car seats in the back and checked the ac controls in the console that face the back seats. Yep, a little munchkin had turned them all the way up which caused the extra loud blower noise to run continuously. Lol  He was so diplomatic and nice...and of course I was laughing at myself.  He said the car seats were the clue...they see this quite often. :D  

DD's hubby's grandmother's funeral is tomorrow.  She was very well known, as was her husband, so the funeral should be quite crowded.  DD decided not to take the boys, so we'll go for the service and then pick up the boys at school.  They're having a reception and then another short service at the cemetery...a bit too much for them.

Off to the store and post office.  Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

• Like 1

Good morning peeps!

I started the Scooby ghan yesterday, which means I worked on the bottom solid part of it - adding 20 sc to each end to make it wider and am adding 8 stitches to the top and bottom too. Will probably embroider a heart at the bottom with the little girl's initial in it when finished.

Today I start the graph part (hopefully). I also have some small Christmas projects I want to make. 

Have a great day, my friends.

Good morning everyone. Drippy and foggy here this morning. It's quite humid too.

Today's plan is laundry and housework. I also bought a pair of pants online that are too big, and I want to take them in. These pants are very simply constructed, so I don't think altering them will be hard. It costs $10 to return items to this particular store, and they didn't cost much more than that. Because of the return costs, I never buy anything from there unless it's really cheap. I keep shopping there because my mother in law likes their clothes, and once I'm paying for shipping anyhow, I might as well get myself something as well. Mostly I've been really lucky with fit and quality, but every once in a while things don't work out. Goodwill gets it in that case, unless I can think of someone to give it to.

Dh is going out with his uncle tonight so I don't need to think about dinner. I made a bunch of stuffed peppers and froze them a few weeks ago. Whenever Dh is gone, I eat one of them, since he doesn't like them, and I do.

DD started her nurse practitioner job this week. She thinks that she is really going to like it.

Have a great day ladies!

'Morning, House. :)   I couldn't sleep last night, so it will be a very long day. ;)  We don't have to leave until about 12, so I've been very lazy this morning.

Judy ~ I can't wait to see this graph 'ghan! 

Cindy ~ Good luck with the alterations - it sounds very doable!  I used to sew a lot, but haven't touched my machine in a very long time.

The whole 'ville has been really quiet lately.  I hope everyone is okay!

Mary, being lazy is allowed!!

Cindy, your DD must be so excited!!  And you gave me an idea to add to next week's dinner plans. I haven't made stuffed peppers in a while.

yup - it's been quiet on here lately.  I miss seeing crochet projects!

​Good morning everyone!!

​  Just really wanted to be sure to pop in and wish our Florida and East Coast friends well! Please take precautions to stay safe - my thoughts and prayers are with you during this hurricane!

​  I have been going more than usual lately and paying for it...Yesterday we took one of the GS;s to the stockyard. He loves cows!! and he had never been before - he's 3. He was so excited! He wore me out just watching him because he couldn't be still and jabbered nonstop!! Today I  just can't seem to get going and I have a painting party to attend tonight at church.. but oh well... I am learning to adjust.

​ 

​CINDY- how is the house cleaning schedule coming? Amazing just how much better we feel when house is cleaned... seems like mine has not been to my specifications in so long.. but not giving up... small small bites at a time!! :) Did you get to take your trip to the Smokies?

JUDY- Hope your Lucy is about well by now. Wow! She sounds like a handful! :lol  I love your blanket!! Such bright cheerful squares!!

LEANN- How was the anniversary getaway? That place looks amazing!!  and HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY!! You deserved a getaway!!

​MARY- How is your DH getting along with all the dr appointments? You know, I am going to have to subscribe to get  this on my phone, so I can keep up... and :eek  on your fall!! Wow!! that must have been painful! So glad you're bruises are gone! I had to laugh about the grands and your ac in the car! Sounds like mine!! so sorry for the DH"s grandmother's passing... My DH's is 94. She close to us and is a handful. STill determined and she gets out and walks every day crossing the busy highway several times a day to go to my DH's sister's house across the road. :reyes  I just pray....

​Hi JOANNE!! Hope you're doing good! I can't wait to see your Augusta shawl! I got to make a special trip to the Michael's ( an hour and a 1/2 away) and picked up 2 Caron Cakes - Cake Pop. Not sure what I want to make with it yet.. I made a HUGE yarn purchase! They had online sales and I had a coupon for in-store. I bought yarn to make Ninja turtles for the DGS's Christmas- I will need to make 3. And got enough yarn to make each DIL, plus myself a ponch for Christmas. 4 in all. Plus the 2 caron cakes!! So excited!!

​MARLENE- HI!! I just can't seem to get out of this last flare-- it's been going on a couple weeks now. Not bad enough to keep me out of functioning, but makes it hard.. Thank you to this group for caring!! I try never to bring it up to my church and to my friends and try not to say much at home with the fam. you guys understand! :ghug  Thanks for explaining how you have 2 homes... Some days I think that would just be awesome!! And I am praying for your procedure!! Be glad when you are completely well! and I hope your brother's testing went okay....

​Well, it's getting on towards lunch time. Still have some internet work to do and need to try to get a LITTLE something done and something cooked before getting ready for the painting party. I really do not feel like going I am that tired. Don't even want to think about getting ready. But I really need the sisterhood of it and I will really enjoy it once I get there...

​Hello and Bye to the ones I missed and hope all has a pretty good day.. Again, be safe for all those in the way of Matthew... :hug  :hug 

Graph ghan in the works

post-8552-0-85501800-1475774632_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hello House!

I have missed you all and have had the best of intentions to get on here and see what ya all are up to.   :manyheart

Joanne-that was so sweet of you to watch Jali, your dd's business is booming!  I bet she is super excited about it all.  Does she have help?  I know first hand how difficult it can be juggling it all.  What a great event!

Mary-eeek!  So sorry to hear about your fall, glad that the bruises are going away.  My 4 year old nieces are geniuses when it comes to gadgets, especially Savannah.  She gets on my sisters phone and plays learning games, however I think she may have been on it too much as my sister is having a difficult time getting her phone to operate.  

Cindy-cooking has been low on my priority list, but the freezer meals have come to the rescue.  Thank you for sharing your recipe, it is time for me to stock up.  My mom used to make stuffed bell peppers, yummy!

Judy-oohhh laaa laaa another graph ghan!  wow!  You amaze me!  I bet you will get it done quickly, you are so fast, your projects always look top notch!

Michelle-your grandson sounds like such a ham!  Full of energy at that age.  While we were on our mini-vacation we went to a Michael's.  I had never been in one before..oh my gosh!  I bought way too many cakes of yarn..going to share with my ladies but boy oh boy is that store fun!  Can't wait to see your finished projects.

Marlene-how are you doing this week?  Will you all be headed back to your other vacation home?

Thank you all for the Anniversary wishes, we have been married for 20 years.  I must admit my dh is a fabulous guy!  So patient and kind, he is a true gem.

Finally got around to blogging about our getaway..if you would all like to see photo's.

http://leeannsheavenscents.blogspot.com/

Since I was gone, I have had a lot of work to catch up on, almost caught up.  Back to work,  Hugs!

LeeAnn, LOVE the pictures on your blog!! And that staircase at the end...uh-uh, not for me!  It's super nice getting away from the routine of day to day.

Hello ladies. It's a humid rainy day here. Not particularly warm, but not cool either. I went out to get groceries this morning and I noticed that the trees have really changed a lot over the past few days. It's still two weeks before we leave for the smokies, I'm hoping that we will hit the color there at just the right time.

LeeAnn, if you check my blog, (link in my signature),I have posted links to the other recipes that DD and I made. As we eat them, I plan to update the post with our impressions of the recipe. Both Dh and I really like the freezer meal idea. By the end of the day we are ready to wind down, not clutter up the kitchen with food prep. I wish I had tried this when my kids were growing up. It would have saved a lot of stress.

Michelle, my cleaning schedule is still a work in progress and probably will be for a while. However, it is sort of calming to have a consistent plan. I used to decide I was going to clean the whole house all in the same day, and I woukd be defeated before I began, because it was so overwhelming. I'm slowly working my way through areas that are often ignored for weeks, and making a list of things that need to be done. Many of these are one time things, like repairs or putting up a shelf or installing some hooks. Once I get the list made, we will probably take a weekend to work on it.

Judy, you have already gotten a long ways on that afghan. I'm always so amazed at how smooth your color changes are.

I still haven't come up with a vacation project. I tried to convince myself that a smart crafter would just pack a WIP or two, but evidently I'm not that bright...none of my WIPs are particularly appealing to me at the moment. Just in case, I have purchased a whole bunch of Kindle books. Maybe too many.

Hi Ladies. :)  DD and SIL just left with the boys.  They were very busy. Lol 

Michelle ~ I'm so sorry that this flare has lasted this long. :hug   Our Zach is almost 4, but talks nonstop, too. :lol  Would love to hear more about your painting!

Judy ~ You're off to such a great start on the graph 'ghan!   It's going to be adorable.  :yes 

Cindy ~ My spurts of deep cleaning never last long. ;)   With DH under foot all the time, it does make it more difficult. (Good excuse, anyway Lol)

LeeAnn ~ Your pictures are wonderful!  Such a beautiful place and going to Michaels, too...so glad you had a great weekend!

I guess I'd better think about dinner.  The boys ate sliders, mac n cheese and fruit before they left.  DD said they'll probably want another meal before bed. :lol