JulieKay

Our House Part Two

Good Morning!  Washer, dryer and dishwasher are all going, so I'm taking a break. :)

Michelle ~ Bless your heart. :hug   Having been through a terrible experience with a lousy dentist many years ago, I can relate unfortunately.  Maybe just take one step at a time - the extractions will relieve your pain - and then see what your options are.  I wish I could give you a "real" hug! :hug

Judy ~ Super progress on the graph 'ghan!  I'm taking a break from the vintage stripes for now...it's about 25" and getting awfully warm to work on. Lol

Cindy ~ Enjoy your week off!  Do you all have any special plans?

Marlene ~  How did Baby G get to be 8 months old already? ;)   I'm so glad you got to see your family for a few days!

Oops!  I hit post by accident.

Hi to LeeAnn and Joanne and the rest of our House, too! ♥♥♥♥♥

Mr. Eagle: 55/150 :D

• Like 1

Hi ladies! All done with work for a week. My DDs and I are going to Canada for a girls weekend. We will meet up with my sister, sisters in law and nieces. Our plans are really to just spend time together. We will play games, watch movies, get pedicures and facials, go out for a few nice meals and just generally relax and enjoy ourselves.

I came across this Lion brand pattern in an email today. It calls for 15 different colors, (if I counted correctly), but I think it would work well as a scrap buster. It looks like there is enough variation in stitches to keep it interesting.

http://www.lionbrand.com/lby_freedownload/download/link/product_id/150628/

If my link doesn't work the pattern is called Axbridge Afghan.

Mary, don't you just love all those electronic household helpers?

Michelle, I hate going to the dentist, but I do like our dentist. I was one of his first patients when he set up his practice so we've become friends over the years.

Judy, you are making great progress on the eagle ghan.

Hi to LeeAnn, Joanne, Marlene and anyone else in the house.

Judy ~ You are doing great! :clap

Cindy ~ Can I come? :lol   Have a wonderful trip!

Morning peeps!

Cindy, I saw that pattern and it;s great - with enough of a variety of stitches to keep it from getting boring. I;ve been working her a lot of ends on my graphs and I think this pattern could easily be made doing that - to much weaving at all! C'mon - you can do it!  :lol  :lol

Your girl time vacay sounds absolutely wonderful!!!! Enjoy :hug

Have a great day my friends - I stepped outside this morning and almost couldn't breathe because of the humidity. Temp is in the high 70's and humidity is 90! Getting my color done today - telling my beautician to leave the hair curly...not that it will do anything else :rofl

God morning. It's fairly pleasant outside here, although it's supposed to be hot and humid with thunderstorms today.

It sounds like DD and dsil are still planning to go ahead with the house purchase. The seller offered to pay for the new furnaces but not the A/C. Supposedly the old A/C units work, but they are on their last legs. They won't move before fall, so they can worry about that next spring.

Judy, I often work over ends, but I didn't even think about that when I saw the pattern. It immediately dawned on me that it woukd be a good stash busting pattern. I also noticed that it did not require me to sew pieces together!

Mary, come on over. We leave on Saturday!

Have a great day ladies...My dirty laundry is calling me.......

Hello everyone!

It has been so hot here the past few days!

MARLENE I know you really enjoyed your stay with your DD and it is so good to hear you are getting better! Continue to take care of yourself!

JOANNE we had a night like you did the other night. Our power did not stay off that long though, just 3 hours, I was glad when it came back on!

JUDY, you did not read my post wrong! I WAS taken advantage of! I am not as aggravated for I want forgiveness in my heart, but just concerned now of what to expect having these teeth pulled and what I'm going to do.. :reyes
but thanks to everyone for the encouragement. And it sounds like you are coming right along with your Mr. Eagle.

Thank you LEEANN, on encouragement for my blog. I am enjoying it and it does help me so much! Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your sister and family! And I LOVE your shop! :yes

Hi CINDY! Hope you are enjoying your days off! It sounds like you are anyway with such fun plans!

Thank you MARY for the hug!! I felt it all the way through computer-land! :hug 

Well I better get up from here and get a few more things done before calling it a night. We have to leave at 5:00 AM  for a 2 hour drive to all day  seminars for my husband's pest control business. Believe me, NOT my way to spend the day! But I'm thankful, it pays the bills!!

Anyway, Hi to all else that I missed and stay cool!!

• Like 1

Hi House. :)

Judy ~ Looking forward to a progress picture of the Eagle 'ghan!  You can send me some of your curls...I have zero curls. Lol

Cindy ~ Good news about the kid's house!  So often, sellers won't negotiate and then wonder why the house doesn't sell.  Thank you for the invite ;) , but I don't think I can make it. :lol   My sister, Sue will be in Michigan over Labor Day to visit her in-laws. She's always kept in touch with her DH's family - he died in 2008 - and they are such a great family. :yes

Michelle ~ 5 a.m.!  I'm usually up then, but not ready to go anywhere!  Have a safe trip. :)  I will be thinking about you next week when you go to the dentist.  :manyheart 

And...Cindy, I love that pattern!  I got the Lion Brand message, reset my password and then nothing happened.  At least I could see the pattern!

We had a family outing today.  Gracie and Zoe were both due for some shots, so we scheduled appts. for both of them.  Zoe doesn't get out much and was not a happy camper.  ;)  

Have a good evening, friends. :ghug

Morning peeps!

It looked like an invasion out front of our house last night - we had a water pipe burst at the site of the meter. Trucks, CATS, lights - till about 2 AM. But this morning you would never know they'd been there! They rolled up the grass they had to take up so they could dig their 5 foot deep holes and then replaced it beautifully - we have had a ton of rain since then, so it's settling the grass back in really well. Luckily I had emptied the kitchen sink before it all went to heck, and before they started working the water company left us with three gallons of water - which augmented my usual "prepper" supply...lol!

God morning. It's fairly pleasant outside here, although it's supposed to be hot and humid with thunderstorms today.

It sounds like DD and dsil are still planning to go ahead with the house purchase. The seller offered to pay for the new furnaces but not the A/C. Supposedly the old A/C units work, but they are on their last legs. They won't move before fall, so they can worry about that next spring.That sounds good - and new furnaces will be so efficient!

Judy, I often work over ends, but I didn't even think about that when I saw the pattern. It immediately dawned on me that it woukd be a good stash busting pattern. I also noticed that it did not require me to sew pieces together!LOL!

Mary, come on over. We leave on Saturday!

Have a great day ladies...My dirty laundry is calling me.......

Hi House. :)

Judy ~ Looking forward to a progress picture of the Eagle 'ghan!  You can send me some of your curls...I have zero curls. Lol Too funny! I told DH not to expect to see "normal" hair till at least September...lol!

Cindy ~ Good news about the kid's house!  So often, sellers won't negotiate and then wonder why the house doesn't sell.  Thank you for the invite ;) , but I don't think I can make it. :lol   My sister, Sue will be in Michigan over Labor Day to visit her in-laws. She's always kept in touch with her DH's family - he died in 2008 - and they are such a great family. :yes

Michelle ~ 5 a.m.!  I'm usually up then, but not ready to go anywhere!  Have a safe trip. :)  I will be thinking about you next week when you go to the dentist.  :manyheart

And...Cindy, I love that pattern!  I got the Lion Brand message, reset my password and then nothing happened.  At least I could see the pattern!

We had a family outing today.  Gracie and Zoe were both due for some shots, so we scheduled appts. for both of them.  Zoe doesn't get out much and was not a happy camper.  ;) Cats know that an excursion for them always ends in a bad place.

Have a good evening, friends. :ghug

Have a good day, my friends.

Photo Friday.

post-8552-0-38049800-1469793685_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good morning. It's breezy and cool here this morning. Dh has gone to help his brother install new kitchen cabinets and I have a few errands to run and then I'm going to go help DD. I'm not sure if she's packing or purging or what. I was planning to clean and do some clothes shopping, but I guess that will wait.

Judy, I'm always so impressed at how clean the lines on your graph-ghans are. That one is going to be a beauty.

Mary, I had a bit of trouble resetting my password on the Lion brand site too. Eventually it worked. And I'm really hoping the kids get that house. It's a really good fit for them. Of course, I'm going to be just a tiny bit jealous of that master closet......

Well, I'd best get moving, or I won't get to DDs before lunchtime.

Have a good day ladies.

Judy ~ I'm so glad they were able to fix the water main...and were neat about it!  You all have had lots of excitement in the neighborhood lately!  I call it the "happy homeowner stuff." :lol

Cindy ~ Your DD and mine have a lot in common.  As soon as they decided to put the house on the market, she started purging, donating and bringing things here that she didn't want to store in case they have to move twice.  So, my hardly ever used dining room is full of boxes of framed pics, keepsakes, etc. Lol  Have fun this weekend!

I worked on a scarf while DH had his weekly appt. today.  Again, thank goodness for crocheting! :)

And...I forgot to say...Judy ~ your graph 'ghan is absolutely stunning! :clap

Morning, Mary and Cindy - and thanks!

Cindy, I'm so close to the work that it's only when I take a picture of it that I can really get the full effect of the piece.

Sunny day today - unlike yesterday at this time, when it was a monsoon! We're going to get a blender today so we can enjoy some smoothies! Plus there are lots of other things I can use it for. Had one years ago and gave it to DS....never replaced it!

Have a great day my friends,

Good afternoon

We were supposed to go to a bar b que today, but it was postponed to next weekend because of the weather. Hot sunny this morning and now it is raining Glad we took care of all the errands this morning. Now I've got laundry going and kitchen and bathrooms cleaned. Now I'm taking a break to have something to eat. I was starting to feel hungry and couldn't believe it was after 2 already!!!!

The graphghan is coming along nicely, Judy!! Glad the water main break issue is behind you

Michelle. Good luck with the dentist

Cindy. Sounds like the house will be a good fit for your DD and family. Thats how i felt when DD moved to her 2nd house Some work to be done, but a great size house for the boys to grow up in. And a nice big basement and yard for them to play. They are in the process of picking out their cabinets and all the things to re do their kitchen. That was one thing dd wanted done when they picked this house. I Saw the plans and its going to be great! Have fun on your girls trip !

Mary. Glad you got some hooky time. Im plugging away on the knot blanket and working on a never ending square blanket. Using stash yarn and i like switching back and forth between knitting and crocheting Of course dd would like it if i just knitted so Charlie's blanket would be done sooner. Lol

Marlene hope all is well and you are continuing to pace yourself

Have a good rest of the day everyone

Hello ladies. Humid, but not terribly hot here. It's supposed to rain, but so far it hasn't.

We've been out and about most of the day so far. We started with breakfast out, went and made some adjustments to our phone plan, stopped by the tile store for samples and picked up some groceries. I also made an appetizer and dessert to take along on our getaway.

I think we have finally found the right backsplash tile for our kitchen. It's by far the most expensive tile that we've looked at, but I suppose it makes sense to put in expensive tile. Everything else in the kitchen was expensive. No point in ruining the effect with cheap make do tile, I guess. I sort of like plain subway tile, which is cheap, but Dh hates it. As in he really, really, really hates it! The tile we brought home today is marble. I also saw travertine that I really liked, but I'm concerned about keeping it clean, since it has such a rough, pitted finish.

Well, I'd better go pack.

Have a great weekend. Ladies.

morning peeps.

Joanne, Charlie won't be needing too many blankets for a while - this weather is yucky. Enjoy playing with the yarn!

Cindy, I agree with the better backsplash choice. And you're right about the travertine - can't see using it in any area that needs a lot of cleaning. Are you bringing a small hook project on your trip?

Have a good day my friends.

A lazy Sunday it will be since the weather is just plain yucky, humid and rain again for today :-(

Going to hook, knit, read and nap.

Have a relaxing day everyone !

Hi House!  I hope everyone has had a good weekend.  We've stayed busy - early mornings in the yard and inside the rest of the day.  My desk is cleaned off (including filing!) for the first time in a while. :)  We're back to the 100* plus temps with no break in the forecast.

I started a baby 'ghan and had 8 or 9 rows finished before I realized I was using an "I" hook instead of a "J."  It's a pattern I've made since I was pregnant with DD!  It's over 2 inches narrower than usual, so I need to get creative with a wider border. Lol

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Hi peeps!

Mary, glad you just decided to make a bigger border.  We hookers are very good at improvising, aren't we? :lol  :lol

Usual Monday here. Planning to work on Mr.Eagle later on - haven't done anything since Friday!

Have great day my friends.

'Morning, all! We're at dd's with the boys :) I didn't bring any crocheting and wouldn't you know they're playing quietly for a change! Lol.

Have a good Monday!

'Morning, all! We're at dd's with the boys :) I didn't bring any crocheting and wouldn't you know they're playing quietly for a change! Lol.

Have a good Monday!

Isn't that always the way...lol!

Good morning and happy tuesday! Had a nice time at craft club last night. It had been 2 weeks. Two weeks ago the library was closed for some renovations and last monday we had the storms and the power was out !

Hooe everyone is well. Time to get moving for another day in paradise !!!

• Like 1

Hi House.  :)

Joanne ~ So glad you were able to go to craft club last night!  How is Charlie's blanket coming along?

Judy ~ Have you been able to work on Mr. Eagle again? 

Marlene and Michelle ~ Thinking of you both and hope things are going well. :manyheart

Hi to the rest of the House, too!

The boys were both so cute yesterday...no arguing at all! :lol  Zach is at that age where he knows what he's saying, but doesn't always have the right words.  "Gammy, I made that all by my own"  for an example.  Lol  DD kept a journal of "Lukeisms" and has one for Zach, too. :)

102* forecasted for today.  Can't wait!