Our House Part Two

Oh, Mary! Poor Gracie!!!! Good luck with her surgery !!! Dd called before and wants me to babysit sat since she made an appt for belle at the vet. She has a lump on her back left leg and it's getting bigger so she wants it checked out. I took belle for a walk last week and it didn't seem to bother her when we were walking.

Cindy---the Sophie's blanket is looking great!!! It sounds like your kitchen is going to be stunning. I didn't even know they made granite sinks

I've started yet another knit blanket. This one is for youngest dd. She wants one too. Different colors than her other two sisters. It it will have the smaller stripes in grey marble like theirs. This will be my mindless it gets done when it gets done project. I'm figuring next fall. Lol. Not that she'll really need it any sooner.

Dinner is ready, so I've got to go. Hi to Val, Linda , Judy and everyone !!!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Uh-oh...I think I'm obsessed with "Sophie"! I crocheted nearly all day and I'm finished through round 20. I even wove in all the ends. I did not do laundry, or housework. I didn't even cook dinner. (Dh made French toast.). I wished I didn't have to go to my meeting at work so I could keep working on it. However, now my right arm aches! Wonder if crocheting counts as exercise? I think I may end up buying some bright pink yarn and some more of the yellow, just so I can use those colors every once in a while, but I don't absolutely have to. I've got lots of suitable yarn.

Joanne, if I ever finish my wips, I think I'm going to make striped blankets to use up some yarn. I'm liking the effect of random colors in the Sophie blanket, so I think I'd like them in stripes too. And I find plain ordinary knitting very relaxing.

If I understood the sales person correctly, the granite sink isn't solid granite. It's crushed granite, mixed with something and molded into a sink. My sister in law has one, and hers has really held up well.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Poor Gracie! I bet you are pretty worried about all of it. It's scary to have surgery whether we have two legs or four. We love are kids. Hope DH gets to feeling better soon.

Cindy, Love your Sophie blanket. Your kitchen is going to be beautiful.

Joanne, Have to love those mindless projects.

Val, Hope your doing better real soon.

Hi to Judy, Linda and CrochetAddict85!

Today I finished the stars for the flag afghan. Tomorrow I will take it up to the club house and lay it on a big table so I can pin the stars on it and start sewing them on. The lady who won it is in the hospital. She fell at 530am last thursday. Her husband took her to a small town hospital it's the closest. She has crushed all the bones around the ball to your shoulder. They couldn't get her into a hospital in Corpus Christi all the beds were full in all there hospitals. Corpus is a big city and has several hospitals. She ended being taken to Victoria and hour away. They didn't do surgery until yesterday. They had to cut her open, measure her and then make her a new shoulder in Austin and fly it to her. Morphine hasn't even been touching her pain. I don't even want to try and imagine how painful that is and then to suffer for 6 days.

Today hubby went golfing. One of the couples has a hot dog roast annually. This year was his 18th one. I invited my friend Kathy to go with me. Her hubby golfs with mine.

I face timed with Maya tonight. She wants me to call or face time with her every night until I come home unless I come home early. And she really wants me to. Hubby came home from golfing today and said we could go home any time after friday. Friday night is are relay for life walk. Are park raised over 15,000.00 this year. This is are 10th year of doing it and we have raised over 95,000.00.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

Morning peeps!

Marlene, it sounds like the lady who won your ghan really needs something pretty like that to help her through this. Any distraction when you're in such awful pain. I've heard from a friend in Waco that the Texas hospitals are really full...she mentioned why, and I'm guessing she's right.

Cindy ~ The afghan is gorgeous!  The mixture of girly colors is perfect. :clap

Judy ~ Yes, DH is okay.  He's had a lot of congestion and the dr. ordered a chest x-ray just to make sure there's nothing else.  His left hand has been hurting and cramping, so that was the other x-ray. When will you hear about the xrays? I'm so glad we have eachother to talk to about our pets. :ghug     I'm already worried about surgery, but our vet is the most dedicated and cautious vet we've ever had.trusting our doctors - human or animal - is vital. You're really playing nurse these days!

Linda ~ We miss you!  I hope you're much better now. :manyheart

I'm going to crochet all afternoon!  Just need some "me" time with my hook. :)  All 95 hexagons are finished!  One last row to join and then on to the border.

I guess the hex ghan will be put on your etsy shop?

Cindy, you're too funny! You're lucky you have a hubby who knows his way around the kitchen! I'm afraid I'll get obsessed with Sophie, too and hide here up in my sitting room way too much.

I'm making more baby hats...another charity drive, this time at my neighbor's NICU in NJ. I made 2 yesterday afternoon. Just the basic beanie with a turned up brim. I told her I would havea handful for her on Monday.

Once these are in her hands I'm going to make a point to have some on hand for any fututre requests...and will start using my stash to make granny squares...in between working on the ATW I want to make for ME.

Hi to Linda, and everyone else!

Good morning. Still cold and gloomy here. Yesterday's forecasted snow did not materialize, more is forecast for today. Where is spring?

Sophie is done through round 21. I think I'm enjoying this project because I am using pretty colors and using a different one every round. I think that changing colors all the time makes progress more evident. The pattern continues to be quite easy. Each time I start a round, it takes me a few minutes to figure out what is supposed to be happening, but once I "get it", it's smooth sailing.

Today I am definitely doing laundry. I'm also going to bake some Butterfinger cheesecake bars.

http://www.iwashyoudry.com/2014/02/28/butterfinger-cheesecake-bars/

These are really good. I want to take them to work on Saturday, but I'm not sure how much function will be left in my kitchen by tomorrow, so I'm going to make them today.

Well, off to start laundry....can't crochet every day away..........

'Morning, friends. :)

Cindy ~ Good for you for having a crochet day yesterday!  Love reading about your progress on Sophie - and I'm very proud of you for weaving in the ends. :wink   That recipe looks incredible - I want a Butterfinger right now. :lol

Marlene ~ Sending hugs and prayers for your friend. :hug    Congratulations on finishing all those stars!  Having a big work space will help with the sewing. :yes  Miss Maya isn't giving up on getting you all to come home, is she? ;)

Judy ~ Have fun with the hats!  We should hear about hubby's x-rays by tomorrow.  The pills are making Gracie sleep a lot, but I'm really glad because she's not flying through the house and yard as much. :)

We had thunderstorms last night.  They were part of the same system that caused tornadoes in Oklahoma...I hope Sherry is okay!

Laundry is about done and two baths are clean - maybe a little crochet time this afternoon.  I forgot that I need to make some half-hexies and attach those before starting the border. 

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Nope Maya isn't giving up on trying to get us to come early. She tried again yesterday. She sent me a video telling me to call her every night until we come home unless we come home early. Grandma you are coming home early right. We face timed and I told her I'm not ready to come home. If it was warmer at home I wouldn't mind. But Cindy said there still calling for snow and I don't want to go home when it's that cold not when it's nice here.

Cindy, Love your Sophie and the colors.

Judy, Way to go on the hats!

We have a new addition coming to are family. Maya is going to get a little sister or brother. Her mommy is due in november. They haven't told Maya yet. For some reason DD's doctor told her 15% of pregnancy end in a miscarriage. She didn't have any problems with Maya and I don't think she would this time either. The only thing different is her age. She will be 38 in april. She said they may wait a little while to tell Maya so if something did happen they wouldn't have to explain that to her.

I'm hoping for a girl. DD called the baby a girl then corrected it to baby.

Today I started sewing the stars on. Four done and forty six to go. I have them all pinned on.

Hope everyone has a great friday!

Edited by tobybob

Cindy - even with the indoor lighting I think the colors look terrific!

Marlene, I hope all goes well with the new baby!!

I have 6 hats done - will make 2 more I think - they're all different colors and slightly different sizes.

Morning ladies. Sun is shining here, but it's cold. It snowed for a while yesterday, but didn't stick. I'm sitting by the living room window as I type this and a semi truck marked "Kraftmaid Cabinets" is very slowly backing up our driveway with my new kitchen cabinets! Those semi drivers are good. Our driveway is 400 feet long and winds through the woods. Now we can schedule installation. I'm hoping that we can go to Detroit next week to pick out our granite slab. We need to make an appointment for that so we will see what days they are open for that. Hopefully on one if my days off!

Marlene, congrats on the expected new grandchild. Hope all goes well for DD. It's still unseasonable cold here, I'd stay in Texas for a bit!

Thanks, Judy.

I'm staying away from "Sophie" for a bit. I have to work this weekend and I'd really like to have a productive day in terms of domestic chores. We are going out to dinner with friends this evening, but I think we will be home early. Before dinner we need to go look for a kitchen faucet. I really like the one I currently have, but it has a broken sprayer, and of course it's no longer made. We need the tap and whatever else we want, ( I currently have a soap dispenser, which I like), here when they template the countertops.

Good Morning!  I have windows open and it's a beautiful day. :)

Judy ~ Wow!  You've accomplished so much with the hats. :c9   What's next on your list?

Marlene ~ Wish I was closer to help you with all of those stars.  Congratulations on the new grandbaby-to-be! :manyheart

Cindy ~ Yay for the new cabinets arriving! 

DH has gone to lunch with "the guys" so I have about two hours to myself. :D   Luke has his 2nd baseball (t-ball) game tomorrow, so we'll go to that and his birthday party on Sunday afternoon.

Have a good day, everyone.♥♥♥

Morning ladies. Sun is shining here, but it's cold. It snowed for a while yesterday, but didn't stick. I'm sitting by the living room window as I type this and a semi truck marked "Kraftmaid Cabinets" is very slowly backing up our driveway with my new kitchen cabinets! Those semi drivers are good. Our driveway is 400 feet long and winds through the woods. Now we can schedule installation. I'm hoping that we can go to Detroit next week to pick out our granite slab. We need to make an appointment for that so we will see what days they are open for that. Hopefully on one if my days off!Picking out the granite should be fun, at least!

Marlene, congrats on the expected new grandchild. Hope all goes well for DD. It's still unseasonable cold here, I'd stay in Texas for a bit!

Thanks, Judy.

I'm staying away from "Sophie" for a bit. I have to work this weekend and I'd really like to have a productive day in terms of domestic chores. We are going out to dinner with friends this evening, but I think we will be home early. Before dinner we need to go look for a kitchen faucet. I really like the one I currently have, but it has a broken sprayer, and of course it's no longer made. We need the tap and whatever else we want, ( I currently have a soap dispenser, which I like), here when they template the countertops.

Good Morning!  I have windows open and it's a beautiful day. :)

Judy ~ Wow!  You've accomplished so much with the hats. :c9   What's next on your list?My ATW...and maybe a graph at the same time...low threshold of boredom, ya know ;) 

Marlene ~ Wish I was closer to help you with all of those stars.  Congratulations on the new grandbaby-to-be! :manyheart

Cindy ~ Yay for the new cabinets arriving! 

DH has gone to lunch with "the guys" so I have about two hours to myself. :D   Luke has his 2nd baseball (t-ball) game tomorrow, so we'll go to that and his birthday party on Sunday afternoon.

Have a good day, everyone.♥♥♥

Hello, everyone.  Sorry to have been MIA for the last week.  I've been taking it easy and reading a lot.  I'm making steady progress with PT and now have three movements back to normal!  Yay!  Still a lot to go though.

I've read up on all the posts that I missed.

Good morning. Rainy and gloomy here. I need to go to a meeting this afternoon, but that's all that's planned today. (Well, unless you count laundry and cleaning!)

I picked out a black granite sink, but did not choose a faucet. I saw one that I sort of liked, but I want to look a bit more for that. Dh doesn't want a bright chrome faucet, he likes the very dull brushed metal look, which is okay, it will match the cabinet pulls. However, that meant that we couldn't get a bright shiny stainless steel sink, hence the granite one.

Mary, poor Gracie. Hope dh is okay.

Sophie is done through round 15. So far this pattern is really fun. Each round is a bit different, and sometimes they take a bit of careful reading to figure out, but all rounds thus far have been easy. I took a picture, but the colors aren't quite true, due to the weather.

Today I finished the stars for the flag afghan. Tomorrow I will take it up to the club house and lay it on a big table so I can pin the stars on it and start sewing them on. The lady who won it is in the hospital. She fell at 530am last thursday. Her husband took her to a small town hospital it's the closest. She has crushed all the bones around the ball to your shoulder. They couldn't get her into a hospital in Corpus Christi all the beds were full in all there hospitals. Corpus is a big city and has several hospitals. She ended being taken to Victoria and hour away. They didn't do surgery until yesterday. They had to cut her open, measure her and then make her a new shoulder in Austin and fly it to her. Morphine hasn't even been touching her pain. I don't even want to try and imagine how painful that is and then to suffer for 6 days.

Oh, no!  that sounds awful.  I hope that she will recover quickly, but shoulders are a bear to heal from and hers sounds very bad.

Today hubby went golfing. One of the couples has a hot dog roast annually. This year was his 18th one. I invited my friend Kathy to go with me. Her hubby golfs with mine.

I face timed with Maya tonight. She wants me to call or face time with her every night until I come home unless I come home early. And she really wants me to. Hubby came home from golfing today and said we could go home any time after friday. Friday night is are relay for life walk. Are park raised over 15,000.00 this year. This is are 10th year of doing it and we have raised over 95,000.00.

WOW!!!  That is an awesome amount, Marlene.  You are all doing a magnificent job.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

Here's Sophie today. It's not a very good picture, Too dark here

Beautiful!

I'm hoping for a girl. DD called the baby a girl then corrected it to baby.

I am pretty sure the reason for the 15% miscarriage rate is because of DD's age.  After 35 the chance of chromosome  damage increases very greatly.  My niece was told that if they have any more kids they are almost certain to have Mongoloid child.  She's in her mid  forties now.  They already have 9 kids and not using birth control.  They believe that it's up to God whether or not they have any more.  Their youngest is around 2 and the oldest 2 are in college.  It's not for me that's for sure.  Wishing your DD a safe pregnancy and wonderful new little one.  She's probably wise to wait a bit to tell Maya.  At her age, 9 months takes forever to go by.

Today I started sewing the stars on. Four done and forty six to go. I have them all pinned on.  Good luck with all that sewing.  I would help if I were closer.

Hope everyone has a great friday!

The weather has turned back to cold here after that lovely week of warm temps.  We had freezing rain and snow pellets one day this week.  It didn't last long, thank goodness.  I think that today's high was 34*  Yuck!

Hi House.

Linda ~ Wonderful news about the PT results!  I hope everything is back to normal very soon. :yes

Cindy ~ Do you love your new cabinets? :)

We're taking Gracie for a pre-op antibiotic injection after while.  (We've scheduled her surgery for Monday.)  And Luke's game is at 2:30 this afternoon.

I've made 5 out of 8 half hexagons.  They go quickly...and then there are those 8 ends to weave in. :lol

Have a good Saturday, everyone. :manyheart

Morning peeps!

It's cold here again!

Linda, that's great news about you regaining some normal movement. You must be a good patient. I've been reading, too, just some odds and ends of cosy mysteries that have piled up on my Kindle. I really want to make a dent in the pile.

Mary, do you find weaving in ends to be as meditative as I do?

Cindy, did you take "before" pics of the kitchen?

So, I have 7 hats for my neighbor's thinggie....and I;m done with them for a while. Washing out any dog fur right now. They're the same beanie pattern as before, with me changing the last sc row to either a complimentary color or a rev sc with the same color as the beanie.

Not sure what I'll pick up next. 

Have a good one my friends.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, How exciting to get your new cabinets and now to order your granite.

Mary, Have a fun time at Luke's t-ball game. Happy Birthday to Luke!

Linda, Great news your getting back some normal movement.

Judy, Congratulations on finishing your hats!

We went to relay for life last night. We came home at 1:15 am. I didn't even realize it was that late. There was a lot more teams this year than last year. And a nice turn out. The weather was perfect for it to.

DD sent me a video. She and Maya were going in to Babies are Us. Maya asked why we have to go here. Her mom says because I'm pregnant. Maya says no your not. Mom say yes I am. Daddy and I are having a baby. Maya started laughing and said I don't believe you. She just kept laughing and and repeating I don't believe you. It was really cute. I'll have to call her today and see what she thinks about it.

I need to wash up are bedding and work on those stars today. And a trip to the store is needed to.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Hello housemates!

It's cold here too and will be even colder tomorrow morning.

My nephew is off today.  My niece had to be at work at 4 am.  She drove herself.  I didn't have to leave home.

I got the cast off.  My hand is still broken but healing nicely.  I'm in a splint.  I have to go back in a month.  I haven't tried to crochet yet because my hand is still swollen and sore.

Cindy, your Sophie blanket is pretty.  Congrats on the progress of your kitchen.

Linda, glad you're on the mend.

Marlene, congrats on your new grandbaby.

Mary, praying all is well for little Gracie.

Judy, you're really putting out the hats.

Off to take a nap.

Have a super Saturday!

• Like 1

Hi, everyone.  DD had to go to urgent care today.  She has an upper respiratory infection and they gave her two different meds and told her to rest.  Her chest was tight yesterday when she came home from work and felt worse this morning.  We were talking about moving me back today, but that doesn't look promising now that she is sick.  It's certainly more than I can do on my own.

Val, I'm glad that the cast is off.  A splint is definitely a step in the right direction.  Just be careful how much you do at one time with it.

Marlene, Maya's reaction is adorable.  Since mom doesn't yet show it makes it harder to believe for her.

Judy, congrats on finishing so many hats so quickly.  I'm sure your neighbor will be thrilled with them.

Mary, way to go on the semi-hexagons.  Can't wait to see pictures.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  :ghug 

Hi ladies. Work today. I wasn't particularly busy, but it was very busy, generally speaking. No empty ICU beds either, which is a bad thing. One of my patients could move to the floor after 6 PM though, which would open up a bed.

Mary, I haven't actually seen the cabinets yet. They are all in boxes. The installer is coming Monday to make sure they are all here. After that he will tell us when he can install them. We won't go look at the granite until after that because they will only hold the slab for a few weeks. And, Judy, I forgot to get before pics.

Linda, it seems like there is always something coming up to keep you at DDs house. Eventually it will all work out. Sure hope DD feels better soon.

Marlene, do you think Maya is excited? Her reaction sure was cute!

Mary, WTG on the hexagons. Sending positive thoughts for Gracie.

Val, take care of that hand and don't overdo. Thanks for the compliment on my Sophie blanket. I'm liking the random colors, much to my amazement. I am usually more comfortable with order and rhythm. This "marching to the beat of a different drummer" is way out of my comfort zone!

Work again tomorrow.

Hi, peeps.

Marlene, Maya is so cute! I can't wait to hear what she she told you over the phone.

Cindy, hopefully more ICU beds will be empty today. And for good reasons!

Linda, it seems like smething out there is preventing you from moving to your apaprtment. Totally wierd. I hope DD feels better quickly.

I'm dragging today - some bug or other is trying to make it's home in me from the neck up. Tea with honey, water, antihistamine - and tylenol if the fever goes above 100...

But I still ate lunch. Only nausea stops my appetite completely. I'm not hungry as much as I normally am, but I'm eating.

Don't feel like doing much - will likely just put up my feet and try and read. I have a pot of beef stew going on the stove, so don't want to ignore it.

Hi everyone. :)   Luke's game yesterday was the best entertainment I've had in a long time.  They're all so cute and so small...and still a little confused on what to do with the ball and bat. :lol

Valerie ~ Such good news that your cast is off!  Hopefully, the healing will go quickly and you can crochet again. :hug

Marlene ~ Maya will be a wonderful big sister!  I'm so glad your weather is good and that enjoying all the activities.

Judy ~ 7 hats is fantastic!  I know they will be much appreciated. :c9

Linda ~ Oh, sending hugs to your DD. :hug  You all have had enough crud for this year!  Allergies are kicking in here - the trees are loaded with pollen, so I'm keeping windows closed!

Cindy ~ You must be excited for tomorrow...I think I would have had to sneak a peek. Lol

Off to Luke's party in about an hour.  Have a great Sunday.

Hi, all.  I'm feeling pretty good, but DD is totally wiped out.  It's much warmer today, too.  In the mid 50s so far and 60 or so tomorrow.  Not doing a lot of crafting, but lots of book reading.

Mary, have a wonderful time at Luke's party.  The game sounds great.  And best wishes for Gracie tomorrow with her surgery.

Cindy, it's not good when there are no ICU beds available.  Hope some more patients can move to regular beds today.

Judy, best wishes with your bug.  Rest a lot and push fluids.