Our House Part Two

Hapoy relaxing Sunday

We went grocery shopping and then to Christmas tree shoppes to pick up a few things. Stopped at the mall since DH had given me a gift card to get a new charm for my pandora bracelet and now we are home !!!

I had a fun time with the boys yesterday. The boys and I put our rain boots on and we were splashing in the puddles from the melting snow. Such silliness!! Dd got home earlier than expected so we got to chat a little before I headed home.

Hope you are all enjoying your day.

Edited by imanurse55

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Good afternoon housemates!

It's gloomy and raining off and on here.

Marlene, sorry for your friend's loss.

Joanne, sounds like you and the boys had a good time. Did you get any hooking time?

Mary, I can imagine how tired you are.  Our Jacob has to lay on a human body to go to sleep...thanks to his mom.

Well back to watching the basketball game and maybe a little snoozing.  My nephew is working the 10-6:30 shift so I have a while before I have to go out.

Enjoy your evening ladies.

Good morning. I'm on call for work, so I got up at 6:30. Still, that's an hour later than I usually get up for work. It sounded like my chances of getting called in were pretty good.

My kitchen cabinets are scheduled for delivery this Friday. Hopefully the installer can get here the following week. Then we can schedule someone to come and template the counter tops. Counters will take another five weeks after that. I will need to have a sink and taps here when the counter people come to measure, so I will go pick those out this week. Just when I am finally getting the hang of running all over the house for stuff! We started painting the kitchen this weekend, and plan to have that finished by the end of the week.

No crafting going on here, but I joined the "Sophie's Blanket" CAL on Facebook, so I might start that this week. I'm quite a ways behind, since it's already been going for two or three months. If I make it, it will be scrappy. I need to get rid of all those leftovers from other projects.

It's gotten very cold here again and there is snow in the forecast. Even if it snows, I doubt it will last long.

Have a great day, ladies.

• Like 1

Morning peeps!

Joanne, I remember going out in summer rain showers and splashing in the puddles...you're making tons of wonderful memories for the grandsons.

Hi, Valerie!

How on earth is Jacob going to learn to sleep when he's older? I mean, between the "short" time he goes to school and gets married?? That's a tough one....

Monday - already. The usual stuff to do...and I'm wondering how long I can hold out before crafting again...loL! Maybe if I take out my pointy sticks and work on my scarf from last year it'll keep me calm. I'm so restless I can't even read for more than a short time!

Have a great day everyone.

Hi, Cindy!

I admire you for doing the CAL. I'm still debating it.

My scraps are a skein of yarn here and there plus a pile of balls of various colors. If I do it I was toying with just black and white. Not sure. When I saw whwere a lot of the members had already gotten on it I did feel a tad overwhelmed at the thought. I also looked at the pattern and it seems wordy and busy...another thing that makes my eyes glaze over.

Probably the best thing for me to do is just try the first week of instructions and see if I can slide into the mojo.... 

• Like 2

Judy, I haven't actually started that CAL. I haven't even looked at the instructions. Still debating...... It's a very pretty blanket, though. I think I would like it best in a planned color scheme, but I'm trying hard not to buy any yarn for a while. I have a lot of yarn, boxes and boxes full. Part of the problem is that I always buy an extra skein for every project. Experience has taught me that this is often neccesary. It makes for lots of leftovers though.

Cindy, I know about buying extra yarn...that's how my stash grew!

And yup...I think if I do it it will be black and white. The pattern is striking enough that it doesn't need too much added...though some gray touches might really look awesome. I have all of the above in stash...lol!

Hi everyone.  The house is almost back to normal. ;)  It's a gorgeous day here after 4 days of rainy weather.  The boys were so good, even though they wanted to play outside more.

Valerie ~ I hope you feel better soon. :hug

Marlene ~ So sorry for about your friend's dad. :(   Your appreciation dinner sounds so good.  Do you all have a date for going back home?

Cindy ~ How exciting that the cabinets will be installed soon! 

Cindy and Judy ~ Is the Sophie's blanket a pattern you can share here? 

Joanne ~ Your time with the boys sounds fun.  They can wear you out, can't they? :lol

Hi to Linda, Donna and others I've missed. :manyheart

DH has two appointments in the morning and then I hope to get back to crocheting.  Have a good evening, all. ♥

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Sometime after the 15th we'll leave. Maya would like me home for spring break. Hers starts April 2nd. I told her it's 30 degrees colder at my house than here. She said we could stay with her, since the weather is warmer at her house than my house. And if she could make it 70 degrees in the winter time she would and we wouldn't have to go to Texas. I think she misses us. Probably made worse for her when I went home for my brothers funeral. At least we know she misses us and loves us.

Joanne, Lots of memories for the boy to remember you always did with them.

Cindy, Has to be getting exciting with more and more of the kitchen getting done.

Val, Hope your feeling better soon.

Judy, Sophie's blanket would look great in black and white.

Today we went to Mustang Island. Two couples who are new to are park and very good friends invited us and five other couples to come out for fish dinner. They are camping on the water for a couple of night this week. We took are chairs and ate and enjoyed the view, the scenery and each others company. It was a great day.

Hope everyone has a nice week coming your way.

Morning peeps!

Still deciding about "Sophie"....and still haven't picked up a hook. I think after three days now the worst of my withdrawal symptoms is gone :lol

Food store this morning. BBL!

Hi ladies. Sunny and cold here today. Snow in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow. I ended up working half the day yesterday, and also worked today. I have a meeting tomorrow, but otherwise I'm off until Saturday.

I started a scrappy Sophie last night. So far, I am using girly colors and will make it baby blanket size. I read quite a number of comments about making it a smaller blanket. The blanket as written, sounds like it will turn out quite big. I did the first seven rounds and they were quite easy. One more round will finish week one's instructions. I think the CAL is already on week eleven.

I guess I'm going out to look for a sink and faucets for the kitchen tonight. I don't feel like it, but it has to be done soon. I'm just tired of making decisions.

Well, I'm off to set the table...homemade bread and crockpot beef stew for dinner. Hope it tastes as good as it smells. I just tossed a bunch of stuff in the crockpot and told dh to start it at noon.

Interesting Cindy, what you said about the first seven rows being easy. Baby blanket size sounds good...though that would eliminate the black and white theme...unless I threw in some pink. I have lots of that.

Your dinner sounds good too. We picked up some breed today for stew later this week. It's so cold here it sounded good.

Enjoy your days off.

Good morning housemates!

Thanks ladies!  I'm feeling somewhat better.  My left arm is aching slightly.  I think I'm still getting some swelling off and on.  I was drugged and slept most of yesterday.  Thursday can't get here fast enough.  I'm down to 2 days a week pt for my back.  I will also have to do pt for my hand.  I just want to get back to hooking.

Cindy, your scrap Sophie sound pretty.

Judy, I think black, white and pink will be pretty too.

Well off I go to drop the niece and nephew off at work.

Have a great everybody!

Edited by luvtocrochet757

Good Morning. :)

Cindy ~ Thank you for the link to Sophie's blanket.  It's a wonderful pattern!  I hope you were able to find a sink and faucet you liked...so many choices. :yes

Valerie ~ Oh, I hope your back and hand heal quickly. :hug  You must be in total withdrawal without your yarn and hook...are you able to crochet even a little bit?

Judy ~ Well, are you going to give in and start the Sophie blanket? :D

Marlene ~ April used to be our favorite time to go to the coast - not too hot and not crowded. :)  I hope you're relaxing and having a good time.

Yesterday was a very long day.  DH had two appointments and then the dr. sent him for a couple of x-rays.  Then we took Gracie to the vet. About two weeks ago, she started limping every once in a while.  Of course, she never walks anywhere - always trots or runs. He examined her leg and took x-rays...she has torn her ACL on her back left leg! :cry  So surgery will happen in the next couple of weeks - he wants her on the anti-inflamatory for a while first. 

Aren't I just full of cheery news? ;)  I'm off to the post office and grocery store.

Good morning. Rainy and gloomy here. I need to go to a meeting this afternoon, but that's all that's planned today. (Well, unless you count laundry and cleaning!)

I picked out a black granite sink, but did not choose a faucet. I saw one that I sort of liked, but I want to look a bit more for that. Dh doesn't want a bright chrome faucet, he likes the very dull brushed metal look, which is okay, it will match the cabinet pulls. However, that meant that we couldn't get a bright shiny stainless steel sink, hence the granite one.

Mary, poor Gracie. Hope dh is okay.

Sophie is done through round 15. So far this pattern is really fun. Each round is a bit different, and sometimes they take a bit of careful reading to figure out, but all rounds thus far have been easy. I took a picture, but the colors aren't quite true, due to the weather.

post-6189-0-32906800-1427294806_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Good Morning. :)

Cindy ~ Thank you for the link to Sophie's blanket.  It's a wonderful pattern!  I hope you were able to find a sink and faucet you liked...so many choices. :yes

Valerie ~ Oh, I hope your back and hand heal quickly. :hug  You must be in total withdrawal without your yarn and hook...are you able to crochet even a little bit?

Judy ~ Well, are you going to give in and start the Sophie blanket? :Dstill thinking about it...I've only glanced at the pattern but haven't really gone through it to see if I want to play yet.

Marlene ~ April used to be our favorite time to go to the coast - not too hot and not crowded. :)  I hope you're relaxing and having a good time.

Yesterday was a very long day.  DH had two appointments and then the dr. sent him for a couple of x-rays. Is he ok? Then we took Gracie to the vet. About two weeks ago, she started limping every once in a while.  Of course, she never walks anywhere - always trots or runs. He examined her leg and took x-rays...she has torn her ACL on her back left leg! :cry  So surgery will happen in the next couple of weeks - he wants her on the anti-inflamatory for a while first. 

Aren't I just full of cheery news? ;)  I'm off to the post office and grocery store.

Oh, poor Gracie! And poor you! I know how hard this is going to be....esp as you try and keep her quiet while it heals afterward. :hug

Sparkie limps when he walks at a slow pace - and has been for many years. He can still run like a deer, even at his age, and walks up and down the stairs ok. He's a long, big dog, so any time he goes down the stairs it's like a tractor trailer cautiously making it's way down the road! We opted not to have it checked further. Who knows...he could be living with that, too.  

Edited by judianne

Cindy ~ The afghan is gorgeous!  The mixture of girly colors is perfect. :clap

Judy ~ Yes, DH is okay.  He's had a lot of congestion and the dr. ordered a chest x-ray just to make sure there's nothing else.  His left hand has been hurting and cramping, so that was the other x-ray.  I'm so glad we have eachother to talk to about our pets. :ghug     I'm already worried about surgery, but our vet is the most dedicated and cautious vet we've ever had.

Linda ~ We miss you!  I hope you're much better now. :manyheart

I'm going to crochet all afternoon!  Just need some "me" time with my hook. :)  All 95 hexagons are finished!  One last row to join and then on to the border.