Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi friends - I've missed a couple of days again but have read through posts and will catch up tomorrow. :)

Marlene ~ You've been on my mind a lot today and I hope you are okay. :hug 

DH fell yesterday.  He seemed okay, but our Dr. worked us in at 10 this a.m. just to make sure.  Thankfully, everything is okay.

Luke called me this afternoon (with his mom's help) for the first time.  He wanted to tell me about the gorillas at the zoo.  He talks very fast. :lol

Have a good evening, everyone. ♥♥♥

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

I hope that maya is feeling better Marlene and I'm keep g you in my prayers

I have about 4 projects going right now. Knit headband, crocheted blanket, and two shawlettes! Not enough hours in the day not consumed by work!!!!

Time for me to get ready, but wanted to pop in and wish you all a good day!

Good morning. We got a couple of inches of snow overnight, but it's just slushy on our sidewalks, so I assume the roads are fine. I'm staying here though, housework is calling me. Hmm, maybe I won't answer.....

I went shopping for a winter coat yesterday, but there were tons of great deals on the clearance racks, so I not only ended up with two winter coats, but also two skirts, a dressy top and a sweater dress. (For $16 I coukd hardly leave that dress behind.) After that I decided to get away from the clearance racks, even though I hadn't looked through them all yet. I set out to buy one coat, but after I chose a nice basic black wool coat, I found another coat that looked like it would be a lot warmer. I liked them both, so I bought them both! I can't remember the last time I bought a winter coat, but I think it might be more than ten years ago. ( it goes to show that it pays to buy good quality, also how much I dislike shopping for myself.) My beloved gray wool pea coat is now retired. :( The outside still looks good, but the lining is worn out and rips if I look at it wrong. I'm not sure what to do with it though, I don't want to donate an item in such poor condition. Another friend suggested that I replace the lining. However, I'm not sure it's worth the work. I'll hang it in a spare closet for now.

Marlene, still sending good thoughts and praying for you. Hope you hear something soon, and that Maya is feeling better.

Joanne, only 4 projects? I am too embarrassed to even count mine!

Mary, how cute that Luke wanted to call you. My second and third grandsons like to talk on the phone too. Miss sometimes a little hard to figure out just what they are telling me.

Judy, I hope ds can make it on Thursday.

Morning peeps.

Hi friends - I've missed a couple of days again but have read through posts and will catch up tomorrow. :)

Marlene ~ You've been on my mind a lot today and I hope you are okay. :hug

DH fell yesterday.  He seemed okay, but our Dr. worked us in at 10 this a.m. just to make sure.  Thankfully, everything is okay.So glad he's OK!

Luke called me this afternoon (with his mom's help) for the first time.  He wanted to tell me about the gorillas at the zoo.  He talks very fast. :lol

That's so sweet! Does he talk fast in person, too? He was probably over the moon at being allowed to talk on the phone with you. I wonder if he'll try and do it himself one day...loL!

Have a good evening, everyone. ♥♥♥

Good morning!

I hope that maya is feeling better Marlene and I'm keep g you in my prayers

I have about 4 projects going right now. Knit headband, crocheted blanket, and two shawlettes! Not enough hours in the day not consumed by work!!!!What shawlette pattern are you using? I don't count my unfinished cross stitch projects. So for now I only have two WIPs. 

Time for me to get ready, but wanted to pop in and wish you all a good day!

Hope you day goes well, Joanne.

Cindy, wow, you really scored in the store! Do you have a rule like my hubby does? When he brings in something new, something old has to go out...I don't subscribe to that theory much of the time, though...loL!

Hi Ladies,

The cat scan was good news. But I still have to see the gynecologist for the cervix. Have to wait for the insurance company to approve. Thanks for the prayers. Just got the call I have an appt the 11th unless there is a cancellation then they will call me. Have a good day!

Hi House. :autumn   It's a beautiful day here and the leaves are really coming down. 

Marlene ~ Yay for good news on the CT scan.  Keeping fingers crossed, the dr. has a cancellation so you don't have to wait so long. :hug

Cindy ~ Great shopping trip!  I bought two new coats last year and they should last me for a very long time. :)

Judy ~ Lasagna sounds yummy for Thanksgiving!  I know you'll enjoy your new craft/reading room. :yes

Joanne ~ Talk about WIPs! :lol  Have fun with your DD's and the boys.

Linda ~ What are you taking to DD's for Thanksgiving?  I hope you got your car fixed and that you're staying warm. ♥

We're having a traditional dinner this year.  When DD was growing up, she wouldn't touch turkey or chicken. (after seeing a PBS special on how they are processed for retail sales. :lol )  I'm even having the green bean casserole...haven't done that in years. 

Have a good evening, everyone.

Marlene, I'm glad that the CT scan turned out good. Will continue to pray for good news from the gynecologist.

Judy, no such rule here, although I do regularly purge my closet and I did add two skirts and two coats to the donation box yesterday. I guess I should get rid of a top and a dress too, then I will be even.

Morning, peeps...reporting in from my room :manyheart

Marlene, one step over with - that's great news! With the holidays, maybe there will be a cancelation at the doctor's....

Mary, there have been times lately when I've decided to fogo bacon, etc...I'm losing my desire for it - and it's because I am such an animal lover. I try NOT to think about what goes on in  those slaughterhouses...I even thank the turkey for being our meal when I prepare it...

If I lived on a farm I would definitely be a vegetarian.

Have a good day my friends

Good morning ladies. No rain or snow falling here. Looks like our typical winter gloom out there. I need to clean house today. I totally wasted most of yesterday, mostly reading a book, taking a nap, etc. I did do some baking and I made a couple of meals for my inlaws. They started getting meals on wheels a month or so ago, but my mil felt the meals were too large, plus there's some they don't like. She did not like the waste of food, so she cut back to just 4 days a week from them, and said she would do some cooking again. They are housebound but my sil is bringing them Thanksgiving dinner, so I made them soup and a roast beef dinner.

Judy, I would not be able to eat animals that I raised myself either. My friend, who is married to a farmer says that I would change my mind when I realized how much money a cow or pig could bring in. However, my son in law, whose dad has a hobby farm, told me that his dad once raised a pig for the table. Evidently pigs are very smart and the family became a bit attached to her. When the pig showed up at the table, no-one could eat it, so they ended up giving the meat away.

Well, off to do yesterday's neglected chores.....

Hi ladies. :)  Everything is done that I can do today!  It feels strange not to be making cornbread for my stuffing, but Sue is bringing "Bob's dressing" and it is always wonderful! (Bob was her husband who passed away a few years ago.)  Yesterday was DD's birthday, but we'll celebrate that tomorrow, too.

In case I don't get back on in the morning...Have a lovely day tomorrow! I am thankful for so many things, but you all are very special to me and I'm so glad we're friends. :manyheart

To do list is done! Thanks to dh's help,meh vacuumed and dusted the family room and cleaned a bathroom. I have dinner in the oven and now I'm debating whether or not to do some laundry or leave it for Saturday. My brother and sister in law are leaving after lunch,Mao I'd have time then. Of course by then, I'll have to clean again!

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

Busy day at work. I'll be leaving shortly to pick up dd at the train station. Luckily the weather wasn't as bad as forecasted. Roads were fine coming home from work. Dd wants to bake a pie when she gets here. Don't have the energy to clean But I did do the bathrooms. Lol

As far as wips... Those are the ones I'm actively alternating between. I have more that are being neglected

Enjoy your day tomorrow everyone. Thankful for family, friends and blessings......hugs to you all!

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!

Good morning ladies. No rain or snow falling here. Looks like our typical winter gloom out there. I need to clean house today. I totally wasted most of yesterday, mostly reading a book, taking a nap, etc.I call that time "mental health day"...not a waste at all! I did do some baking and I made a couple of meals for my inlaws. They started getting meals on wheels a month or so ago, but my mil felt the meals were too large, plus there's some they don't like. She did not like the waste of food, so she cut back to just 4 days a week from them, and said she would do some cooking again. They are housebound but my sil is bringing them Thanksgiving dinner, so I made them soup and a roast beef dinner.You're sweet!

Judy, I would not be able to eat animals that I raised myself either. :h5  My friend, who is married to a farmer says that I would change my mind when I realized how much money a cow or pig could bring in. However, my son in law, whose dad has a hobby farm, told me that his dad once raised a pig for the table. Evidently pigs are very smart and the family became a bit attached to her. When the pig showed up at the table, no-one could eat it, so they ended up giving the meat away.The kids must have been devastated! Something you would never forget...

Well, off to do yesterday's neglected chores.....

Hi ladies. :)  Everything is done that I can do today!  It feels strange not to be making cornbread for my stuffing, but Sue is bringing "Bob's dressing" and it is always wonderful! (Bob was her husband who passed away a few years ago.)  Yesterday was DD's birthday, but we'll celebrate that tomorrow, too.

In case I don't get back on in the morning...Have a lovely day tomorrow! I am thankful for so many things, but you all are very special to me and I'm so glad we're friends. :manyheart

I'm thankful we're all friends, too! We have such a support group...and are always thinking of the ladies here, even those whose schedules are so crazy that they can only post occasionally. 

Well, our shore area escaped any snow. Yesterday was sleet, but as Joanne said, by the time she left for home the roads were fine...so DS will be here later.

Hugs to everyone!

a note from Linda...posted to me last night.

Hi,Judy,

I am at my DD's house. 
please pass on my best wishes to the rest of the house, 
I fell in my apartment yesterday hitting my left knee, left side, and left shoulder.  Ayden was with me and was a big help.  I called Joy.  Ayden was able to get me to a sitting position after things calmed down a little.  Once Joy got there we were able to eventually get me to my feet.  After a whole lot of x=rays IT WAS DETERMINED That I had broken the head of the humerous in my shoulder.  I won't need surgery and my side and knee are okay.  I'll see the orthopedist on Monday to see where we go from here.  I'm in a sling and on strong pain pills for now.
love
linda t

Judy ~ Thank you for letting us know about Linda.

Linda ~ Sending hugs and get well wishes. :hug  :manyheart   I am so sorry this happened - please let us know how you're doing.

I'll check in later - Sue is sleeping in and I'm not sure what's on the agenda for today. :)

Hi Ladies,

Linda, So sorry to hear about your fall. Will you me staying with DD for awhile?

Mary, Glad your DH is okay after his fall.

Cindy, Sounds like you had a good day of shopping. It's nice that your close enough to help your in-laws and other family members to.

Joanne, Enjoy your time with DD and the rest of your family.

Judy, DD doesn't care for turkey but she will it. I told her next year we could have a roast or something. DH raised a pig and his ex and daughter wouldn't eat it. We raised two calves and grandpa raised pigs (he had lots of them), but my dad told us don't make the cows your pets because they will be your dinner one day.

We came to Maya's for Thanksgiving and will go home tomorrow. We had most of the usual dinner. Have you guys seen or tried pumpkin pudding? I seen it and a recipe for a pie. I made the pie almost exactly and it is delicious. Maya and I went to the store a few hours ago and I picked up 4 more boxes. I'm thinking it might only be a seasonal item.

Hope everyone had a nice day with your family. DS was hear with the kids. They spent the night along with us. After dinner they headed to Chicago. Emme had a run to do.

Hubby brought up next year about having Christmas at Thanksgiving and us going to Texas after Thanksgiving. DD said that was okay with her. She said it's mom who doesn't wants to be here for Christmas with her grandkids. DS didn't say anything, but he's said before he wouldn't stay around if it wasn't for the kids.

DS and Emme had a great time in California. They went to LA and San Fransisco. Emme loved there and asked can't we move here? He said you can. I will just be driving like I do know, but I won't be leaving the kids until there 18. She likes living in the big city.

I got a call wednesday from the doctors office. They have a cancellation monday so I took it. I'm praying it's all good news there to.

Last year I bought the girls all a rainbow loom. Maya got hers out and we watched a couple of videos on how to. I picked up a book with different patterns in it, but no tips for someone who has never done it. We made three bracelets. One for her, one for grandpa and one for grandma. I see why there made for kids.There fingers are little and work a lot easier.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Good Morning!  I hope everyone has had a good Thanksgiving.  Sue left a little while ago and I have started the laundry...it's amazing how fast it piles up!

Linda ~ Thinking of you and hoping you are feeling a little better. :hug

Judy ~ I'll bet the lasagna was delicious!  It sounds really good about now after all the turkey. ;)  Have you had time to enjoy your new room?

Cindy ~ I think you said your company was leaving today?

Marlene ~ Oh, that's good news about your appointment being moved up to tomorrow.  You know we're all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers that everything is okay. :hug   I haven't seen the pumpkin pudding, but it sounds delicious! 

Hi to Joanne and anyone I may be missing.

DH is going to a high school get together this evening.  I'm not going this time - neither are several other wives. :lol   So we've been laughing about DH's "date" tonight - a friend since grade school is picking him up.   I will be very happy with my hook, yarn and a movie. :yes

Have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Morning peeps!

Mary, I hope all is well at home.

I really have been using my room! I have Celtic Woman playing on my CD payer right now as I type this while hubby is in the yard playing with his leaf blower...lol!

I read up here, it's also a place I can meditate (that still has a long way to go insofar as the amount of time I can sit still). I actually finished a Sherlock Holmes short story the other day! I love the old fashioned English in it, but need to pay attention when I read them, and the activity downstairs isn't helpful. I'm afraid I haven't read most of the stories from ACD, but plan on correcting that.

Hi to everyone else. We're going to pull out our Christmas decorations today while we wait for the Sears repairman. A soon to be 2 yo refrigerator where the light switch broke (a short from the looks of the soot in the plastic piece holding the wiring, IMO) And the indicator lights for the temp controls don't work either! Pain in the .....

Have a good day my friends.

Hi ladies. Our company left a short while ago and I've started the laundry. I only have a couple of loads, unless I do the guest room sheets today too. I'm getting a cold so most likely those will wait.

Dsil, youngest dd and I went shopping yesterday. I bought new bed pillows and a $15 sweater. Dd and DSIL shopped til they dropped. I sat around and read a book on my phone. The best part was going out for lunch. I'm not much of a shopper at the best of times and these weren't the best of times. The crowds were unbelievable, even late in the day.

Judy, they definitely don't build things like they used to! Hope the fridge repair is quick and easy and tgat its under warranty!

Mary, I'd opt for hook, yarn and movie too!

Marlene, I'm so glad that you could get an earlier dr appointment. Mpraying for good news for you.

Linda, sorry to hear of your accident. My mom broke her shoulder in a fall too, and although it took a long time to heal, the pain got better sooner. They did not do anything to it, but I'm not sure if that was the recommended treatment or if that's what they chose after assessing her risk for surgery. At any rate, it healed and she was able to use that arm again.

Joanne did all three if your DD's have Thanksgiving with you?

Hi, ladies!

Cindy, rest up! My goddaughter and her mom both have very severe colds with low grade fevers. Tis the season, I guess.

Well, the fridge is working as it should. I forget but I think hubby told me it was 180 or so. I just know it was 95 just to walk in the door. I'm glad we had someone who knows what they're doing take care of it. I worry about electrical stuff - esp after I saw the soot from inside the original switch! It'll be 2 years old next week. It's especially annoying when you see how cheaply things are made!

We put out our decorations - keeping it as simple as possible. The porch looks good, with a wooden sled bordered with battery operated lights and greenery on top of it. It stands propped up by the mailbox, We have our potted evergreen all lit up and sitting on a small table. The wreath on the door has battery operated lights, too. The cold air was very much a part of the Christmas experience today!

Have a good night everyone.

Hi all - hope you all had a great Thanksgiving holiday.  My DS and DIL came up for Thanksgiving, spent Wednesday night to Friday morning with us and then he went to his dad's family dinner and they have now gone home.  Both DDs and GSs were here too.  It's been a great holiday for us.  Only down side is DH had to work the last 2 Saturdays to get Thanksgiving and the day after off.  He will do that again for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day holidays. 

I've been super busy at work (working 12 hour days, 5 days a week).  this is the first time I've had any time off  in the last month, other than a snow day.  We have hired a new child care director and I think that this coming week, I'll be back to my normal duties.  I've had to be in the classrooms and the day care office to help out.  it's been a mess but I think we've found the right person to run the day care.  I was supposed to get off at noon on Wednesday but the Department of Human Services showed up to do a full review of the day care, so I got to spend the whole day there.  :(

Haven't had time to catch up but did see where Linda fell, I hope that you are doing better.

Joanne, hope your weather isn't too bad and that you got to see all your family.

Mary - hope things are going good with you all. 

Maybe I'll be able to get on here more since I will be getting home earlier.  GSs are with DD tonight, so it's really quiet here.  But tomorrow we're putting up the tree, so it will be a fun afternoon.  The boys will decorate the tree--it's interesting to see what they do.

Have a great Saturday evening all.  Hugs to all of you. 

'Morning all. :)

Sherry ~ It's so good to see your post!  I'm glad you all are doing well, but 60 hour work weeks are too much - Yikes!

Cindy ~ You sound like me...I'm not a shopper and only go when I need something. :lol  When do you go back to work?

Judy ~ I totally agree that things used to last longer and were made better!  Good news though that someone was able to fix it fairly quickly.

Moving a little slow this morning, but will begin putting away autumn things pretty soon.  Our temps are supposed to drop a lot by tomorrow, so I want to at least get part of the outdoor Christmas things done today.

Have a good morning! ♥♥♥

Archived