Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi all,

Linda it's good to see you back in the house. We had some cold here too, thankfully no snow!!! I've been busy at work, and have been working g on a knitted head warmer, a mystery CAL and tonight I started a crochet afghan from red heart called country fields lapghan and trying to do some reading too. There aren't enough hours I. The day to do what I want to do. Work just takes away so many "fun" hours every day

Marlene I'm keeping you and DH In my prayers!!!

Cindy. Wow that' is a lot of snow!!! My brothers MIL was in the hospital for a few days here in nj. She is 95. My brother and sil were here for a few days in nj staying with sil brother so I went to the hospital on Saturday and it was good to visit with them It's so hard when parents get old. Prayers for your FIL

Mary. Happy anniversary!!! We are going to celebrate thanksgiving at DD's MIL house. All 3 of my daughters will be coming. Oldest is taking the train from Boston wed and will be staying with me till Sunday. Can't wait to see her !!!

Just realized how late it is. I got hooked on the new Ghan I started tonight. 5:30 am will be here sooner than I'd like.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had snow flurries off and on all day here.  And wind chills were in the single digits even though the temps were in the mid 20s.  We've now have 9 straight days when it didn't get above freezing.   :wcold   I've been in the apartment except to walk Sweet Pea for almost a week now.  Too cold to run errands or anything else.  

I'll be having Thanksgiving at DD's house.  We're collaborating on what to fix.  She's already got the turkey.  And my apartment building is having an early Christmas potluck in early December.  We had an early Thanksgiving dinner that was marvelous with about a third of the residents attending.  My sweet potatoes were a big success.  Lots of good cooks here.

'Morning, everyone. :)   Winter seems to have arrived early this year!  The snow pictures on the news are incredible...stay safe out there!

Joanne ~ I agree that there aren't enough hours in the day!  Your new projects sound great - looking forward to seeing pictures. :yes

Linda ~ How nice to have activities at your apartments!  I don't blame you for staying in out of the bitter cold...so glad you have your yarn "hobbies." :hook

Judy ~ I agree about how quickly time goes by!  Almost scary, sometimes. :lol

Cindy ~ Are you able to get out on the roads?  Stay safe!  How is your FIL doing?

DH has a hair cut app't. and a dentist app't. this morning.  I hope to have some crochet time later. :yes 

Good morning. It's snowing......

Mary, I could get out on the road if I wanted to. This part of Michigan is used to this, so they are pretty good at plowing. I'm not going out though. I haven't been to the grocery store since before we went on vacation, but my pantry and freezer are pretty full. The only thing I'm totally out of is cold cuts for sandwiches. However, there's always peanut butter. I don't have fresh veggies, but I have lots of frozen ones. We still have milk, coffee, and fresh fruit. (oranges and apples that dd left from when she stayed with the dog). We could probably survive on what's here for a few months. We'd just wouldn't eat as well as we usually do.

Linda, I'm glad you found an apartment building with activities. I think our Thanksgiving dinner will be just us and youngest dd and ds. My brother and his wife and their two youngest kids are coming for the weekend, but they usually come after dinner. I will bring dinner over to the inlaws, unless one of my sister in laws does it for a change.

Mary, I assume fil is the same. Mil is not one to keep her worries to herself so I think she woukd tell us if something changed.

Joanne, I agree that work gets in the way of other things. I made a knitted head warmer last year, and even that small project took me forever. Right now I have so many things I'd like to make, and too many UFOs. My first priority is to finish a snowman mug rug for a quilt group exchange. I have it started at least.

Well, I'd better get moving. Have a great day, ladies.

post-8552-0-93203500-1416489980_thumb.jpegpost-8552-0-49974400-1416489989_thumb.jpgmorning peeps...

here are some pics. another baby ghan...next one will be gender neutral! And a graph ghan someone made in a FB group I'm in....my next big project!!!!

Cindy, thanks...and it's still snowing? YIKES!

The Paris ghan will need some deep blue to imitate the night sky, which I don't have. The black I have, as well as enough stash so that picking colors for the figures won't be a problem...lol!

Wow, Cindy!  Is this lake effect snow?  We have blue skies out there and it's supposed to start warming up tomorrow.  It's 25* now and supposed to get down to 9* tonight, then 30* with snow tomorrow.

Judy that graph 'ghan is gorgeous.  I can see why you would want to tackle it.  You do such nice graph 'ghans.

I found the box that has my printer in it last night!  I've unpacked 5 or 6 boxes this week and I'm slowly finding things.  More and more pictures are going up which makes it more and more mine.  I've got one of the original Nintendo game players and quite a few of the games.  I just found the hook-up for it so I can get that set up.  GS is wanting to play it.  He was disappointed when I didn't have it going last time that he was here.

Everyone stay safe in all the snow and cold.   :P

Judy ~ Your baby 'ghan is adorable! :c9   What stitch did you use?  And you are the one person I know who can tackle the graph 'ghan ;) ...it's beautiful!

Cindy ~ You sound so calm. :lol   If we get 3 inches of snow, we're housebound - no snow plows here!  For years we had an extra chest - type freezer so we could stock up.  We lived 25 miles from a store then and I planned ahead  much better than now. :yes

Linda ~ Isn't unpacking fun?  It's always a surprise to come across just what you need. :lol  I think it's great that you're taking your time and enjoying your new home. :manyheart

Well, it was bound to happen...We showed up for DH's haircut appt. and it's scheduled for tomorrow. :rolleyes  I'm still learning and adjusting to handling absolutely everything and have learned to laugh at myself quite often. :D   At least I had the dental appt. right!

Have a good evening, ladies. ♥

Hi Ladies,

Mary, Happy Anniversary! We are planning on going to DD's for Thanksgiving.

Judy, That is a beautiful graphghan. I think it would be fun to do.

Linda, It's nice your in an apartment building that has activities. My MIL lives in one to. I'm sure DD and GS are as excited as your are living so close to each other and being there for those important events.

Cindy, We have only gotten 4 inches of snow. We had to drive in some nasty snowy weather yesterday. At times you couldn't see the car coming toward you let alone the ones driving without there lights on. We almost witnessed a head-on collision. Someone was in a hurry and passing everyone even when we couldn't see.

Joanne, Can't wait to see your projects. Glad you be with all 3 of your girls real soon.

Yesterday hubby seen the heart doctor. They are not changing his blood pressure dose like the other doctor wanted to. They order a heart monitor and it will be delivered to the house. He has to wear it for two weeks and we go back in three weeks for the results. There also going to check his arteries in his neck.

I got the results back from my ultra sound yesterday. They recommend I have a ct or an mri. I have 3 things growing inside of me. I used google with my info, but waiting for the doctor to call me. I left a message for the nurse and let them know I got my results just waiting for a call from them to get the next test schedule. I'm sure they'll call tomorrow. 

We stayed with my sister last night. She had surgery on her hand and I picked up her pain meds. They couldn't get it filled near her home. It was snowing pretty good and we took things with us just in case.

I finished that baby blanket last week and delivered it to the grandma. She was pleased. I'll post a picture tomorrow as I need to charge my phone and the ipad is charging right now.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week. Stay safe and warm.

Good Morning, House. :)

Marlene ~ I'm glad you're home safe and sound - those driving conditions sound terrible!  Hopefully, they'll have your CT or MRI scheduled quickly and they can figure out what's going on. :hug   Waiting and wondering is so very hard.

DH really will get his hair cut today. ;)   I'm so careful about keeping track of appointments, etc. but wrote this one down on the wrong day.  His barber is very close to a Joann's - hmmm. 

Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning. The sun is shining here. This has been the snowiest November on record for this area, and all the snow fell this week. Freezing rain is predicted for overnight. Hopefully it won't happen. I have to work tomorrow.

Marlene, I hope you can get those tests schedulled soon, so you have some idea of what is going on. I agree with Mary, waiting and not knowing is hard.

Nothing much planned here today. I need to finish cleaning and that's about it. I might wrap the Christmas gifts that I've purchased so far too. Wrapping gifts is one of my least favorite things to do.

Morning peeps!

Mary, I have to laugh at myself quite often, too! The baby blanket is this: http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/one-skein-baby-blanket.html

I really had to push myself with it - I got bored. Oh, well. I think it's back to squares or other color change ghans for me. I also have bright colors set aside for a RR. That will likely be next. The blue I need for the Paris ghan will have to wait till after the holidays.

Linda, your move seems to be the best thing that you could have ever done....now, if only the weather wasn't so cold!

Hi to Cindy, Marlene, Holly, and those who lurk!

Have a great day my friends.

Good morning all.  My car battery is completely dead!  Drat.  This is the second time in as many weeks.  The first time it was due to the dome light staying on, but not this time.  it's over two years old and from the South.  Guess it can't handle the cold.  So guess what I'll be doing tomorrow?  Replacing it!  

GS will be coming here this afternoon.  He's been having a bad day at school.  I was going to get him when the battery went out.  Sigh!  Oh, well, we'll have a good time here and he can decompress.  School is so hard for him this year.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Your battery should be under warranty. If you go to auto zone or one of the type of stores they can check it out for you. Hubbies battery keeps going dead. It's his alternator and were not fixing it until next spring. Sorry to hear DGS is having a bad day at school.

Mary, Hope you got to do some shopping at Joann's.

Judy, I forgot to mention I like your baby afghan it's very pretty.

Cindy, Love the sunshine especially on a november day.

I heard from the doctor twice today. First call I have two fibroids and the a cyst on one of my ovaries. The second call she got my pap test results back and I have to go to a gynecologist. They just called and I go monday for a cat scan. I went looking and found the date and who I seen when I had to go to a gynecologist back in 2000 for precancerous cells. I called and left the message with the doctors office for them to look it up in my files. Now if I could shut my mind off. Hope everyone has a good day!

Cindy ~ Freezing rain on top of all that snow!  I hope the forecast is wrong.  Be careful driving to work in the morning. :yes

Linda ~ So sorry about the battery - not a fun way to spend money!  We just had mine replaced a couple of weeks ago.  It's so good that your GS has his grandma close now. :manyheart

Judy ~ I still keep "little square" supplies in a take along bag.  The ATW child's size afghan is still a WIP that will get done eventually. :)

Marlene ~ I'm so glad you got an appointment for Monday.  Hopefully, the weekend won't be too hard for you. :hug

We had a really good lunch and neither of us are hungry, so I'm going to crochet!  We're supposed to have thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow...we need rain!

I'm so glad that you can get in to be seen on Monday, Marlene.  Saying a prayer or three for you.

I'm almost done with a medium blue and white shawl that I'm making in lace weight alpaca and size 30 crochet threat.  Just about 5 more rows to go.  Of course, when each row takes a little over an hour, that's still quite a bit of crocheting.  The next one will be in a medium dark green with brown flecks lace weight alpaca and a silver yarn that is lace weight 51% silk and 49% wool and it will be for me.  I've decided that I deserve a few of my own creations.  I'll have about $75 in materials in it when it's finished.  That, and many, many hours of crocheting.  It should be truly luxurious.

We've gotten some rain already with more due throughout the weekend.  After the bitter cold we've had the last couple of weeks, 30* today felt almost balmy.  Everything is relative.   :P

Hi House!

Linda ~ The yarn you're using sounds gorgeous.  And good for you for keeping one!  Did you get your car battery? 

Thunderstorms early this morning and then just nice rain a good part of the day...we need all we can get! 

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Hi, everyone...

It's been a busy day and week. The home office that hubby used to use upstairs is now mine since he is officially retired and we've been removing 19 years accumulation of business stuff from the closet in the room. It now has my yarn in open bins and most of my patterns are in a file cabinet. The rest of the room has been made girlie...and is all mine! A room of my own, as the title of an old book says, and it has a big comfy sofa and a door! Hubby has been using my former desk and computer downstairs, but that room isn't far enough away from the noise of the TV, the dogs, etc, for me, so... it's finally done...and I can read in peace, crochet up there if I want to, and it even has a wicker chair with my bible and meditation books next to it.

Marlene, I hope you can distract yourself this weekend....my prayers are still with you....

Linda, is the car all set now?

Mary, I have quite a few saltines made in blue and white that are sitting in a bag but there aren't nearly enough to plan a layout and begin to assemble them. Maybe I should break out of my need for order and just randomly attach them as I complete a bunch. I wonder if I can bring myself to do that...lol!

Have a good night my friends

I had a night where I couldn't get my mind to turn off  So mostly read an old favorite in the wee hours and after I woke up after about 5 hours of sleep.  I did fix myself a casserole to eat off of this coming week until turkey makes it's appearance Thursday.  Finally had temps above freezing today.

They couldn't get the car in to be fixed until Monday afternoon, so it's just sitting and so am I.  DD and GS will take me to church if I wake up in time tomorrow, or they'll pick me up for lunch afterwards and then we'll be going to the Cirque du Soleil performance in the afternoon.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.   :manyheart

Judy, congratulations on having your own reading and crafting space now.   :clap    :clap     :clap

prayers and positive thoughts for you, Marlene!

Judy. Your sanctuary Is going to be heavenly. My DH took over the room that I had wanted for me. He has 2 printers, the oak roll top desk, a fax machine and all his stuff. Oh, well. Someday...........

Linda. The shawl you are going to make for you sounds divine....hope the car is fixed tomorrow. Have fun at cirque de solei today

Mary. We are having warm weather today,,but by thanksgiving back to the freezing temps.

Spent the day with dd and the boys yesterday. Had them over to celebrate DH birthday which is Monday. Today, we are going to see middle dd and take him out for portugese food.

Well I had better get going. Have a relaxing Sunday all

Edit. I just re read this post. Corrected the errors. iPad typing and auto correct are not my friend LOL

Good morning. On call for work, but not likely to be called in. It's warmed up considerably here and there are places where the grass is showing. It's to believe that there were two feet of snow on the ground just a couple of days ago.

Judy, your room sounds nice, DH keeps telling me that I should make one of the extra bedrooms into my craft and sewing room. I have always used the unfinished part of the basement as my crafting area, and I kind of like it there. There is no chance of anyone ever seeing my mess, so I can leave my projects out until I'm through with them. I have tons of storage and a long counter for cutting things out, making cards, etc. I don't have any natural light though. I don't think any of our extra bedrooms could neatly accommodate four sewing machines and a serger either. I don't need all those machines, but I like them all. Three sewing machines are vintage Kenmores. I like using them and they aren't worth much, so I keep them around. I lend them out at times, as they are virtually indestructible, and having them means that my DD's and I can do projects together.

Linda, your shawls sound gorgeous. I'm glad you are finally keeping one for yourself. Sounds like you are planning a fun afternoon.

Joanne, happy early birthday to your Dh.

Marlene, sending good thoughts.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Your shawl your making yourself sounds gorgeous. You certainly deserve it.

Judy, Your craft/reading room sounds like a nice getaway.

Cindy, All of are snow was melted last night.

Mary, Wish I could give you some of this rain were getting. It's suppose to rain all night and all day tomorrow.

Joanne, Happy Birthday to you DH!

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. I appreciate it very much. Today DD called Maya is sick and was all night long. Neither one of them can stay home tomorrow so grandpa will watch her while I go have my cat scan. We went and met DD late this afternoon. So far jello is helping her. She's hungry so I gave her some crackers and she begged for peanut butter. I told her it might make her sick, but she still wanted it. So I gave her barely any. So far so good. Hoping it was only a 24 hour bug.

Today I talked to my brothers and told them what was going on. I wanted to ask for prayers on facebook so I needed to tell them.

Hope everyone has a nice monday!

Good morning. As Marlene says, very gloomy and rainy here. There is a winter weather advisory for later today with 2-4 inches of snow predicted. This is already the snowiest November on record, might as well make it good!

Marlene, good thoughts and prayers for you. Hope Maya feels better today.

I'm planning to run errands today. First I'm going to check in with Dh's cousin though. Her husband has bad lungs caused by asbestos exposure and it sounds like he is really weakening fast. They are in their 70s, their children are out of state, and she isn't coping very well, so if she sounds really stressed I might go spend some time over there first. On Saturday, I told her to call the dr and get visiting nurses set up. Byesterday she told dh that they would be coming out this week. They only live a couple of miles from here, which makes it easier.

I think I have thanksgiving dinner figured out. It will only be us and ds and dd. My brother and family are coming, but later in the day. (I'll feed them leftovers!). I'm going to keep it simple. Everyone requested ham, which means we won't need dressing or cranberries. I think I will make hashbrown casserole, broccoli rice casserole, a couple of veggies, rolls and of course a few pies. Of course, I do have a turkey breast in the freezer........

morning, peeps...

Marlene, Keeping you in my prayers today...

Joanne, your experience with DH taking the room you thought you would have is how I lost the room downstairs! It's OK, though - he likes things neat, and with no doors on the room, which has two entrances...well, not the best for me, anyway. Maybe one day you'll figure out one for you. Every woman needs a woman cave!  And I have the same issue with autocorrect - it even does that when I use the Kindle Fire!

Cindy, your craft area sounds perfect....see above, where I mentioned the "neat" word, My sitting room has a door, a big closet, and is upstairs :devil Your Thanksgiving dinner menu sounds perfect!

We're having lasagna for Thanksgiving. It's less work, so easier on me (scoliosis is acting up with all the work I've been doing in my room) and we can still have the turkey breast that's already have in the freezer for Christmas dinner. There's a chance of bad weather Wednesday into Thursday, so we'll see if it stops DS from coming or not. He is only 15/20 minutes away, but it can can treacherous fast... Glad he drives a Volvo!

Am working on a RR, another for the donate pile. There's a school fundraiser coming up in late March, too. I may make a small throw to be auctioned for the cause...with the graphed face of a Husky on it;that's the symbol for the school and all its sports teams.

Have a great day my friends.

Archived