Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a nice visit with my goddaughter...short, but filled with chatter and crochet tips!

And here's a new pic of Miss Lucy from a few minutes ago.

post-8552-0-17254300-1407530130_thumb.jpg

Awww, Miss Lucy is beautiful!  And your yard is, too. :)

I feel a little more caught up today.  I spent two hours rearranging and making new folders for pictures - even my computer isn't organized. :lol

DD sent lots of pictures from the coast and I wanted to share a couple.

post-10699-0-66680000-1407541055_thumb.jpg

post-10699-0-30664400-1407541170_thumb.jpg

morning peeps!

Mary, thanks....and i love the pictures! There's nothing like the joy that little kids experience in such ordinary things....

Hi House. :)   I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.  We are at 103* right now, so I'm grumpy because it's way too hot to be outside. ;)

DD and the little guys are coming over in the a.m. so we have their play pool, dump trucks and the rest of the fun stuff in the back yard.  Her DH is on a fishing trip with his dad in Galveston. 

Have a good evening, all! :manyheart

Good morning!

What a week! Very emotional! and despite the circumstances I have enjoyed having my oldest here with me and also the oodles of time I've spent watching the boys. The memorial was yesterday and today my dd is taking the train back home.

Love those pics Mary and Judy, the pic of Lucy in your backyard is great!

Time to brew some coffee and make breakfast.

Have a good day everyone !

Morning, peeps.

Joanne, I'm glad to hear that some good things did come out such a bad week.

Cindy, hopefully you had a good nights sleep after such a day!

Mary, enjoy the family time today. And I agree with both not liking the temp you had yesterday as well as the grumpy factor it gives...

Were off to the Keyport flea market today to get some homemade dog treats. My attempt at a new recipe for those wasn't successful, so before I go back to making the pumpkin cookies for the pups I thought I'd give all of us a break and buy what I know they like!

Have a great day, my friends.

Hi House!

Holly ~ Your star afghan is adorable! :c9   I love the pattern and yarn you've chosen.  'Hope you've had a good vacation!

Joanne ~ Having you and eachother for support is so important at this time...Hugs to all. :hug   I hope all goes well with the house closing and moving. 

Cindy ~ I hope your work day went well. :yes

Judy ~ How was the market?  I used to make treats for our Maggie.  Gracie will eat anything - even pieces of carrots. :lol

Marlene ~ I know this is a busy weekend!  Can't wait to hear about the wedding. :yes

We had a wonderful time with DD and the boys.  They played in the sprinklers, sprayed us all (including Gracie) with the hose and chased eachother everywhere. :)   We grilled burgers and had a picnic inside because it got too hot.

Hi to everyone at 'Our House!'  We're staying with the boys tomorrow while mom has two appointments, so I'll check in when I can. ♥♥♥

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Sorry for the circumstance that brought your DD home, but glad you were able to get time with her and the boys. Hope you have an easier week this week.

Cindy, Your crocheted shoes/slippers are adorable.

Judy, I just love that shawl! Great pic of Lucy and your nice yard.

Mary, Cute pics of the boys playing on the beach. It sounds like everyone had a good time today to. So glad your back home now.

Holly, What a beautiful starghan you made. I like to do the round ripples. I have never done a starghan. Hope your having a nice vacation.

We are back to DD's again. Maya's daddy started getting sick last night and has been in bed all day. He has to work in the morning so I hope he is feeling much better so he can. We went over to the apartment today and got the last of things and did some cleaning. DS came to stay he has a load to pick up at 3am here where DD lives. Then he'll be on his way to the Indiana and Ohio border. We will either be going home tomorrow or tuesday. Still lots to do here. Hubby and DD worked on getting all the handles on the cupboards. And painted another coat on the cupboard frames. Tomorrow we should be able to hang them.

Hope everyone has a great week!

DS and Emme's wedding was beautiful! DS had the kids this last week. Wednesday they came to DD's and spent the night then thursday they went near are hometown and got a hotel room. That afternoon he told the kids he and Emme was getting married the next day. He videoed it and it is awesome. He asked Jocelyn about the dress she tried on and if she knew why and she said no. He asked Payton if he knew why they had to pick up his suit and new shoes and he said for school. He told them about the wedding. That they tricked them it was tomorrow not next year. They were so surprised and happy. The reception was held at a room over looking the Spartans football field. The food was really good. One of the meats was salmon and I could only wish I could make it like they did. Payton and I danced a couple of times. He was so anxious to dance he didn't even want to wait until after the first song. He danced most of the night and didn't care if he had to dance by himself. He even was dancing at the wedding after the ceremony when they walked down the isle. The song was "Happy". I never would of guessed Payton to be a dancer. Jocelyn danced all night to, except she wouldn't dance with her dad. Emme's has family member that have a band. They play lots of polka music and I heard her dad talking about the band. And I asked if Mike had told him his dad and grandparents had a band together and he said yes. Grandma was early and I introduced them and shared the band talents with them. At the reception they got to talk about music and hopefully we will all get together and they will play. Emme's dad play the accordian and grandma plays the piano.

We stayed friday night at the hotel and Maya stayed with us to along with Payton and Jocelyn. Saturday morning we all met up for breakfast buffet at the hotel. Then we left afterwards.

It was one of the nicest weddings and receptions I have been to in a long time.

Emme's family just loves DS as we do Emme.

Morning, peeps!

Marlene, I'm so happy to hear that the wedding went so well! I wish them a long and happy life together.

Holly, that blanket is super cute! I love the colors, too.

Mary, it sounds like you succeeded in getting the boys ...and Gracie...all tired out! We always keep a bag of baby carrots I. The fridge for the dogs. They love them, and vets say it's a healthy snack.

The flea market was jammed yesterday and we went at 9:30 am! Three weeks if other events using the space meant they were missed. We brought home two bags of treats. One is oatmeal and the other is cheese steak, made with pan drippings, according to the label. My dogs will eat anything too, but when I put these bags on the counter, Miss Lucy jumps up and stretches her legs over and cranes her neck trying to maneuver her body so she can reach them!

Hot again here today. Blech.

Have a great day my friends.

Good morning ladies. I'm still tired from my busy work weekend. I enjoyed it though. It's humid here today, but not too hot yet. I'm supposed to go out with dd to choose tile for her kitchen backsplash this morning. Her condo kitchen is all white, counters, cabinets, floors walls, everything. She is going to paint it and put in new cabinets and a tile backsplash so it doesn't look quite so boring.

Mary. I can't believe how big your grandsons are getting. Thanks for sharing their picture.

Joanne, I'm glad you and your DD's are through this difficult week.

Marlene, ds wedding sounds like it was wonderful!

Holly, that star ghan is really nice. I've never made one. I've done a few round ripples, but they aren't among my favorite patterns.

Judy, our dog does not eat people food of any sort, unless our grandsons are eating over. Then she hangs out under their chairs. I tried giving her carrots but she just turned her nose up at them. However, my brothers dog loves carrots and can barely contain his joy when he sees the carrot package come out of the fridge. I've made treats for Sophie before, and she enjoyed them, but I think she would like almost anything that came out if her treat jar.

I'm sitting out on the front porch at the moment and a hummingbird is fluttering around me.

We are going camping from Tomorrow until Friday. I'm not sure if there is internet there. I can read posts from my phone, but posting from it is a pain.

Cindy, enjoy the camping trip! And I think our dogs would like anything that came out of the treat jar, too, but Lucy is really interested in people food!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Enjoy your camping trip. DD had wood cupboards and we took all the doors off and the draws out and we painted them white. All the hardware was painted black. It looks nice. The kitchen walls are painted gray.

Judy, Daisy will eat almost all food she can find or get someone to share with her. She doesn't like popcorn though. Hope it cools down for you real soon.

Hubby went home late this afternoon and will come back tomorrow. Daisy stayed her with us. Today we put all but three doors on (24) the cupboards and the drawers back. Boy am I sore tonight. My shoulder, elbow and hand are not happy with me. We have another big work day tomorrow. Clothes, bathroom and kitchen need to be unpacked.

My class reunion is this weekend so I may not go home until sunday night. It's my 40th! I can't believe it's been that long. They have a bonfire at a park on friday evening. Saturday you can kayak, golf and a dinner cruise on a river boat (I'm not doing any of them). Sunday is a family picinic at a park. I plan to do friday and sunday.

Hope everyone is having a nice week!

DS was here last night and said they did so well on wedding gifts that they decided they would get married again next year. LOL!

Oh no, Mary. Seems like this forum has some major issues. I can understand security, but maybe this is a little too secure. Fear of getting banned makes me reluctant to post pictures. When I was banned, I used the 3G on my phone and the help forum on the board to reach Amy.

It's gloomy and rainy here, but we are packing to go camping. Dh says it's supposed to stop raining soon, hopefully he is right. Mat least all we have to do to set up is unhook the trailer and roll out the awning.

I'm not sure if I will be online before we get back home at the end of the week. Hope everyone has a great week.

Well, I was unable to get on here at all today, till just now. I got in touch with Amy on the FB page and gave her my IP address. So...voila!

She said the server my be fighting malware a bit too hard or something. Whatever. Here I am :)

It seems whenever pictures get posted, people get locked out. Wonder If Amy is looking into that

Rainy and gloomy here and the Yankee game is rained out. Whet will I watch tonight? Lol.

Cindy have fun camping

Marlene it seems like you have been super busy. That's a lot of work you've been doing. Fingers crossed that my dd and sil's closing this week goes ok. They have a feeling that the closing on the new place may be put off a few weeks so that means they will have to stay at my DD's mil house.

DH is wondering about dinner so I'd better go. I think it will be turkey bacon, lettuce and tomatoe sandwiches tonight.

Have a good night everyone

Good Morning!  We were gone until about 6 yesterday, so I don't know when I was reinstated. ;)   I'm starting to get a complex, but now I see it happened to Judy, too so I'm not alone. :)

I'm off early to babysit, so will check in later - rush hour traffic is never fun!

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope the rain stopped so you could get off to a good start for camping. Enjoy you time!

Joanne, DD thought her closing would be changed to a different day right up to friday afternoon when she called her realtor. I hope all goes as planned for them.  DD made a list of questions to ask the owner at closing.

I hope they get something figured out about posting pictures. I wonder how many get locked out and don't know how to get ahold of Amy and don't come back.

Hubby finished the last cupboard today. We will be packing up in the morning and heading to my sisters. It is going to be a relaxing time us. When we get home we have to build are cupboard in the bathroom. Hubby had to tear it down. He built it when we remodeled the bathroom some years ago.

Hope everyone has a nice thursday!

Good Morning! 

Marlene ~ So glad all is going well for your kids!  Have a great time with your sister and at the reunion. :yes

Not sure what's happened all of a sudden, but I posted a few times after I shared the pics of Luke and Zach and then poof...gone for the third time in 3 weeks!  Like you, I have wondered about others who have left the forum.  I know several "old timers" left last year due to issues with their browsers and the new format.  I sure don't want to lose touch with you all! :manyheart

I think I get to stay home all day!  Pilot needs a break and so do I. ;)

Back to laundry, cleaning and the desk.  Have a good day, all. ♥

Archived