Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hello ladies.

Judy, that baby afghan is so pretty. Hubby definitely has an eye for design!

Mary, I need to adopt the one room at a time cleaning plan. I used to do that when my children were little, but I'm a. Lot less organized now, and it shows.

My grandsons have taken swimming lessons in their neighborhood for several years. Definitely a lot easier for dd than getting all the boys in the van and driving them somewhere.

Nothing much going on here. I taught a class all day Tuesday, and did housework today. I was hoping to work in the garden, but it's rained most of the day.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

Marlene. I'm so glad you are having fun with maya and the texting!!!! Wow 8 years old already!!!!!

Judy. Love the afghan. And DH sure does have an eye for design. My DH is pretty good at color placement too I do value his opinion. Have if watching the rangers game. I'm glad it's on at 8 even though they are playing not the west coast!!!

Mary I like the one room at a time plan. I'll have to get back to that too. Glad things are settling down for a bit. Have fun with the boys. My dd is looking into swimming lessons for Ryan. That was one if the best thing I ever signed my DD's up for!! They all were on the swim team and two were on the diving team. There are usually 5 or 6 of us there regularly sometimes more come to craft club.

Sherry. Great pic of gs and buster brown. Both are adorable. Hope things are going well at work

Cindy. We r supposed to get the rain here overnight into the morning. I'm off Friday since I have an eye exam. Figured I'd make it a three day weekend

Off to get ready to watch the game. I want to set up the coffee for the am and make our lunches for tomorrow. Have a good Thursday.

Hi Ladies,

Mary, I need to go to that same cleaning schedule to. Hope Mike continues to improve and appreciates what you and Sue have done for him.

Judy, Love the afghan! Your DH certainly has an eye for design. Hope each day continues to improve for you.

Cindy, Are you going away for a vacation?

Joanne, Can't wait to see your afghan.

Thanks for Maya's birthday wishes. I will pass them on to her tonight when I text her. DD called this morning and said they both have to work this saturday so Maya can come friday instead of sunday as we had planned. Last night we watched the International Space Station go over. It like the third time we've seen it. 

Hope everyone has a nice thursday!

Judy ~ The baby 'ghan is adorable. :c9   You (and Hubby ;) ) are always so good at color placement!

Joanne ~ Good for you for planning a three day weekend. :yes  Our DD was also on the swim team in high school and tennis team, too.  Not sure where she got her athletic ability. :lol

Cindy ~ Send some rain our way, please.  My garden (all in pots due to lack of sun in the back yard) is thriving.  We've already been enjoying yellow baby tomatoes and some of the others are starting to ripen.  DH counted 23 tomatoes on one plant! 

Marlene ~ Oh, I know you're looking forward to Maya coming on Friday. :)   I hope your hand and arm pain is much better now. :hug

The upstairs is very clean as of this evening - of course we don't use it much.  The worst part is Zoe's cat hair everywhere since that is her favorite space. ;)   Tomorrow I will start downstairs with the office.  Sure hope I can keep this up. :D

Hi to those I've missed. ♥

Have a good evening, ladies. :manyheart

Good morning. The sun is shining today, so I guess I can do some weeding. Maybe that rain is headed your way, Mary!

Marlene, we are going to Makinac Island, Pictured Rocks, the Apostle Islands and maybe Tahquahmenon Falls on the way home.

I think I'm going to go out and run some errands today. I am taking my mil out shopping this evening, but I find it impossible to shop for myself when she is with me. She is physically weak and gets confused easily, so I usually just stick to her like glue. She would not mind if I left her to her own devices though. I would just worry about her. She's tired after one or two stops, but she loves to go out and poke around a few stores.

,Arlene, happy birthday to Maya. So glad that you are having fun texting. I know you are looking forward to having her over on Friday.

Well, better go do a few things around here. Have a great day ladies.

Hi, everyone.  I can't believe it's been almost a week since I was on here.  The time is flying by and I'm experiencing a lot of losses so my mood is all over the place.  With each box I pack this is feeling less and less like my home, which is hard.  And saying good-bys is getting harder and harder, too.  

I gave one of the ladies at prayer shawl group one of the shawls I made.  Her husband almost died about six weeks ago and it's really slow going with his recovery.  They are pretty sure he has kidney cancer, too.  They need to do a biopsy to be sure.   He doesn't know yet which is also hard on G'ma.  I am making one for my drawing instructor.  I've learned so much in such a short time and wish I had more time with her so I could learn more.

Judy ~ That's a lovely baby afghan.

Sherry ~ Buster Brown is adorable!  And the picture of him with your GS is so sweet.  I so hope that your life will calm down with the coming of the new minister.  You've done well to keep it together so well with all the chaos you've been through at work.

Mary ~ Sorry this has become such an ordeal with your brother.  You and Sue have to be exhausted.   :hug

I read all the back posts, but didn't take notes so I know that I'm missing out on things.  I'll try to do better about checking in better.  And I'm really glad that I won't be losing all of you with the move.   :manyheart   Hope everyone has a great day and a great upcoming weekend.   :manyheart

Linda, it has to be hard, leaving there. You've spent many years making a home...but your new home will be wonderful with GS and DD there!

And we here at the House are completely portable!!!!!

Thanks, ladies! I have some squares left, so I'm taking some Bernat Satin in white and making big squares so I can attach the smaller ones to them...it'll be an eclectic look I'm sure, because I don't think I want to make too many more of the three round squares. I want to use up the ones I have left!

Joanne, that Ranger game was a heartbreaker!! All the skilled attempts go in and then it's a fluke goal. Oh, well....

Hi Ladies,

Linda, My neighbors were up today they have there place up for sale again for the third summer. She told me she told her husband if it doesn't sell this summer don't even mention selling it again. She said she is all torn up over it. She has been on this lake since she was a child. But they are in there mid 70's and it's just to much to keep up two places. I know when we decided to move here to the lake it was one of the hardest things I had to deal with. If someone would knock on my door and say they wanted to by are place I 'd been gone soon. We've lived here since 99 but my hometown is home to me. Are nephew is cook at a bar back home, and hubby's sister use to cook there and we use to go there for dinner quite often. It was always homecooked food not your regular bar food. We went there for burgers as he mentioned they were the best in town on facebook. I tell it really brought back home much I would love to be back there. I love living on the lake, but it's just not home for me. Here's a big  :hug. How I really do know how you feel.

Cindy, Thanks for the birthday wishes for Maya. She thanks you to. Enjoy your vacation up in the U.P. Don't forget the bug spray, the mosquitos will probably carry you away if your out walking any trails. 

Mary, The pain is lightening up a bit. 

Maya said to tell everyone thanks for the birthday wishes. The neighbors lost there dog this past winter. They still have doggy treats so they have been giving Daisy a treat and the dog a few doors down as came for a treat for quite awhile. Daisy won't let them pet her yet. They said she gives them there doggy fix. They don't know if they are going to get another dog or not. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Good morning ladies. Sun is shining, washer humming....dishwasher sloshing......where would I be without all my handy electric helpers?

Mil and I ended up visiting my youngest dd last evening. Mil hadn't seen her house yet, so she was very pleased. Fils hearing in his right ear suddenly disappeared this past week. (He was already pretty deaf) He can hear a little from his left ear, but he refuses to even consider a hearing aid. This makes life pretty dull for mil, since it's so hard to communicate with him.

We are going out to dinner with friends and then to their house afterwards for dessert. I have to work this weekend, so we won't be staying out very late.

Have a great day, ladies.

Good morning!  Wow!  Did the weather ever kick up a fuss last night!   Thunder, lightening, hard rain, and fairly high winds all came through in the evening and night.  I got to prayer shawl meeting before it started and we stayed there until it let up a bit and then came home in one of the lulls.  No damage or anything.  Atlanta lost a bunch of trees, but nothing much here in Cumming, although a few folks lost power for a while.  Lots of dead twigs and such came down in the parking lot, but nothing of any size.

Hope you all have a good day.

Hi, my friends!

Well, we are officially "former" smartphone users. We went and got the basic phones....I feel free! No texting either. I had to take a realistic look at my needs and keeping them just didn't add up.

Happy Friday, House. :manyheart

Linda ~ I'm glad the worst of the storms missed your area.  You sound super busy!  You have made such wonderful friends in Georgia  and they will always be your friends! ♥  Knowing you, once you get to CR you'll have tons of new friends and the bonus of seeing family, too!  I have very little family left in Iowa, but maybe someday we'll drive up and see cousins and finally meet you in person!

Judy ~ I've finally learned all about my iPhone (after 3 years :lol) and now I don't want to give it up.  DD is a texter, as are her DH and my DH.  With Luke and Zach growing up so fast, guess I'll try to keep up as long as I can. ;)

Cindy ~ Enjoy your dinner tonight!  Your vacation plans sound fabulous. :yes

Marlene ~ Have fun with Maya!

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :)

Well, I've slowed down on the cleaning, but still plugging along.  These darned 2" wooden blinds take forever to dust properly! ;)

Thanks, Mary.  And I'd love to meet you in person some day.  Same to the rest of you.  Although we live far apart, that doesn't stop us from being good friends.

I've turned in my notice here at the apartment.  And the packing is coming along in spits and jerks.  I'll get there.  But I'm glad that I started as early as I did.

Fairly quiet weekend planned for the moment.

Linda, I thought of you when watching the news yesterday. How far outside of the town do you live?

Hi ladies. Worked today, very busy. It felt like there must have been a full moon! One more day, and then off for two weeks!

We have no plans for tonight. Dh is busy grilling chicken for dinner. We will have a large salad and strawberry shortcake with the chicken.

I'm sitting out on the deck relaxing at the moment and thats the most strenuous activity that I have planned for this evening.

I live very close to the center of Cumming, which is about 25-30 miles north and a bit east of Atlanta.

I have been experimenting with the new professional quality drawing pencils that I got.  WOW!!!  The difference between them and the ones I've used before is like night and day.  What a difference good pencils make.  I'm bowled over by some the effects that I can get with these.  It's pretty mind blowing.  And the new techniques I'm learning are pretty awesome, too.

Wow a three day weekend just flew by!!! I had my eye exam and got my new glasses and new prescription sunglasses. Today I babysat for the boys while dd and sil looked at houses. They found one they are probably going to make an offer on so we'll see. Ryan was napping the whole time I was there so Robbie and I had some one on one time Ryan woke up just as I was ready to leave so I took him hime with me. DH and I took him to the waterfront and he played on the play ground and had a ball. He stayed with us for dinner and I took him home and read him a story before leaving. We had such a fun time. He talks so much and is a real delight to be with.

Can't believe it's back to work tomorrow

Cindy. Enjoy your two weeks off.

Linda. Glad you started the packing when you did. Better to do it in bits and spurts

Mary. Have you had any time for you???

Judy. Did you watch the rangers game last night? I'm so glad I didn't have to get up early today since it went to two over times !!! Sorry they lost. It was almost like déjà vu.

Holly. Are the forks done with school?

Hope you had a good weekend Marlene.

I'm starting to fade so .....have a good Monday!!!

Joanne ~ Your long weekend sounds wonderful!  I hope your kids find just the right house. :)  Thanks for the reminder...I'm past due for a visit to the opthamologist. :yes

Linda ~ Oh, I'm so glad you're still enjoying your drawing classes.  Yay for new drawing pencils! 

Cindy ~ I know you're looking forward to two weeks off!  When will you leave on your trip?

DH went fishing with a friend and it was nice to be here alone for most of the day. (No fish for dinner :lol )  I made two baby hats - one for DD's friend's baby shower and another for my shop!  I could have been cleaning and doing laundry, but crocheting was much more fun! :)

Hi to those I've missed. :manyheart

We have 3 days left of school. It's been a good school year for Alicia, but we're ready for summer vacation. Summer Reading starts at the library tomorrow, so it's my busiest time of year.

Hi, Holly!  I have been doing more experimenting with the colored pencils today.  The results are so vivid and much more real than what I ever achieved before that I get super excited working with them.  And I do have an assignment to complete before class at 4:00 pm this afternoon.  Sigh!

It's been a pretty quiet day here.  Not as hot as a good bit of last week though, which was nice.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Morning peeps!

Mary, I love time by myself....

Holly, DS always love the summer reading programs at the library! He still enjoys a good book when he has the time...no eReader for him either, which surprises me!

Linda, the right tools for our crafts do make a difference! I hope you finished the assignment and you were happy with it.

Joanne, I actually fell asleep, then woke up to see the game was in second overtime...it should never have gone that far. The way the ref missed the goalie interference on Lundquist and let the goal stand for LA was terrible!!! I have never seen the Rangers play this good!!

That's great you had a chance for one on one time with Ryan!

New glasses are fantastic...I would be nowhere without my glasses....

We took the dogs on a drive to the Bay at Union Beach Saturday - and learned last night that there was a huge fire in the town and a volunteer firefighter lost his life fighting it, I saw a pic of the area and we drive by there all the time...you probably do, too, Joanne...so sad...

Hi, Cindy, Sherry and everyone...we are getting periodic deluges here, but at least the weekend was very nice and we got out a lot.

Have a good day my friends.

Hi Ladies,

Holly, I enroll my granddaughter Maya in the summer reading program here near us. I use to take her to story time when she was younger. It's such a great program for kids.

Linda, Glad your new pencils are working out for you. 

Mary, I enjoy some time to myself to. Hope your drawing worked out for your class.

Cindy, Enjoy your two week vacation!

Judy, Even though we live on a lake I miss the drive along the coast in Texas. Sad new about the firemen losing his life.

Joanne, Sounds like a great weekend for you. I bet Ryan enjoy his one on one time with grandma to. I think the grandkids entertain us until about age 5 after that we have to entertain them.

Sherry, Hope the first two days with the new minister were easy going days for you.

I picked Maya up friday night. Saturday we were outside most of the day playing and enjoying it together. Sunday we went to my other sisters house. Are lawn mower won't stay running and my bil has fixed it before. They have a rider and a walker so they let us borrow the walker until are's is running. Had a visit with her and there family. All three girls, sil and her grandson were there. Maya and I went grocery shopping on are way home and got home late. I got a phone call from my mom that my uncle who has cancer is back in the hospital. My aunt (there sister who he lives with) said she thinks he should be in hospice. He went to one hospital and they didn't have no empty beds so they sent him to another hospital until they have an opening. If you would say a pray for him it would be so appreciated. 

Maya and I are going to spend an hour with her reading and doing some school work. Her third grade teacher (for next year) gave all the kids a packet to work on this summer. 

Have a good day everyone!

Quick stop in before heading out to craft club. Judy. I did read about the union beach firefighter. He had a heart attack. And we do go to union beach quite often. We almost went it the playground there yesterday but went to key port instead

Hope the rangers win tonight!! And they got royally ripped off the other night by that non call for goalie interference!!!!!,

Have a good night everyone!!!!

Archived