Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Evening all--glad it's Wednesday!  I'm beginning to really dislike the short week--too much to do and not enough time to do it. 

Buster Brown is so cute--his personality is so different from Missy's.  He tries so hard to get her to play, but she has begun to play a little bit with him.  We love watching him play and run.  Typical puppy.  Missy's still mad at us and leaves us "presents" around the house still.  Hopefully that will stop soon.

Work this week is hectic.  One pastor has barely started to pack (he's got a room full of books) and he's only emptied one shelf.  The other one has everything out already.  She got hurt on her vacation and won't be able to do any standing or walking for 6 weeks.  There's no surgery but hopefully it will heal enough that she can walk ok.  She didn't break anything but cut a tendon and the way it was damaged, they can't do surgery to repair it.  So prayers for her recovery would be appreciated.  I'm soooo ready for the new pastor to be here.  Just a few more days, and he should be moved in.

We got a lot of rain (well, a lot considering how much we haven't had this year).  There's still a burn ban in effect.  At least so far we don't have any bad storms predicted.  I'm so not ready for the bad stuff.  We're all on edge about the storms after last May. 

Holly - not good on your smart phone.  So far we've not had that problem but we lock the screen (you have to enter a code to unlock it but you can still do 911 in a true emergency) which makes it harder to call 911.  We still have a land line though.  We never use it, but it's there if we need it. 

Joanne - glad you got your shawl finished.  Looking forward to seeing it.   

I know I promised pics of Buster Brown, but I forgot to send them to my email.  So I will do that tonight.  Then I need to make a little turtle to give to the one pastor--I'm sure I've got plenty of time since he's not packed but about 12 boxes  LOL. 

Have a great evening all.  Hugs to all of you!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies. It looks like the start of a beautiful day here. It's sunny but cool. I have cleaning to do, and will likely do some sewing. I should go to the grocery store but that will probably wait until Saturday or next Monday. I might even cook dinner today. It's been leftovers all week, with the addition of fruit and a salad. It's harder to cook for only two than I thought it would Ben. Dh doesn't mind leftovers, and I almost always turn them into so me thing a little different from the original dish.

I ended up being on call for work yesterday, I didn't get called in but I had to go in anyway for a meeting. Tomorrow, I'll definitely be working. I'm just such a sucker for those 5 AM phone calls asking me if I want to stay home!

Holly, my iPhone has never dialed 911. I know it can call 911 without being unlocked, but I don't know how it works. We had that super humid weather yesterday too. It wasn't hot, but the air was thick.

Sherry, hope the injured minister heals quickly. That's not the new one is it?

Well, I suppose I ought to go get dressed and get going on my to do list. Have a great day.

Sorry to MIA.  I missed class on Monday, but made it up on Wednesday.  Another picture hit the no-go pile.  I've still got a 50% batting average which is much better than most.  I think the reality of the move is really getting to me.  I'm sad about all those that I'll be leaving behind.  But it will be worth it.  DD is already talking about some of the things we can do together when I get up there, and that's exciting.

Mary, I'll be going up for a visit on the 12th of June.  I'll spend about 10 days there and hope to find an apartment at that time.  DD is starting in a new job on June 2nd based there in Cedar Rapids, so she won't have the commuting to Des Moines once a week any more which will be nice.

The results of Sweet Pea's biopsy came back and the growth was benign.  Thank goodness.  The stitches come out on Saturday and then she should be just fine.

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, Prayers for the minister who is on the mend.

Linda, It's kind of bitter sweet. Leaving your friends will be hard, but the rewards you will reap being with DD and GS will be worth it. 

Cindy, Perfect weather day today. Hope you have a nice day at work tomorrow.

DH wanted me to attend the meeting with him so him riding his motorcycle never got mentioned. It was about ptsd. There has just been a change from ptsd to ptsi (the i stands for injury). There was a nice turnout and I learned things about ptsi that I didn't know. 

My hand is giving me fits. It's becoming painful. Going to wear the brace I was given several years and hope it helps the pain.

Hope everyone has a nice friday!

Hi ladies. Looks like everyone is busy! I worked today, and it was very busy.it was a good day though.

Nothing much to report here. I sewed myself a skirt this week out of fabric from my stash, and I like how it turned out, so I'm thinking of going out and buying better fabric to make another one. Shorts are no longer a very good look for me, so I like to wear skirts or a casual dress when it's hot.

Tomorrow is Grandson #4's birthday so we will be going to his birthday party. It will be a barbecue. I bought him this educational computer toy. I think he will love it!hes crazy about computers.

Happy Friday!!!!

I babysat again last evening after work and dd was so appreciative. She went to dinner with her friend who got married today. They have been friends since hs. Both my middle dd and youngest are in the wedding party. Just saw a pic on fb that middle dd posted of the bride and groom and they look so happy

Watched the rangers game and I know Judy and her DH must be thrilled. I'm happy too, but I'm a devils fan and only rooting for the rangers because my son in law is a huge fan and my devils aren't in the playoffs ;-)

Cindy. That's great that you made a skirt and you like it enough to make another one. Have fun at your GS party tomorrow !!!

Hope the rest of the house had a good day!!!!!

Good Morning. :)   I can't believe it's been so long since I posted! :(   This last week has been very long and very busy.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!  I'm so looking forward to some time in my neglected yard this morning. :yes

Hi, my friends!!

I read all the posts....

Mary, good to see you here.

Joanne, yes, me and DH were screaming like lunatics during the Ranger game!!! Hockey is so fast normally, but these playoff games have been unbelievable!! So proud of the team...a bunch of good guys...no bullies, no cheaters who embellish every close call to try and get a penalty called on the other team....

Next Wednesday is going to be the beginning of more lost sleep...lol!

It's a beautiful sunny day here....enjoy your day, everyone, whatever you plan to do....

Good morning ladies. Lovely day here, sunny, warm and breezy. Nits my usual day off a little housework, some laundry and a little fine to craft or read. (Okay, so maybe it's not exactly usual....). And then dgs's birthday party this evening.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Happy June!!!!

What a glorious day today was!!! Perfect weather!!!!! We babysat for a couple hrs while DD and sil went to look at houses. Then after they got home DH and I took a ride down to the bay. We had such a relaxing afternoon!!!! I feel like I had a mini vacation!!!!

Hope you all had an awesome day!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

It was such a fun and busy weekend at DD's. Friday we picked Maya up from school. Saturday DD and I went dress shopping. We both found dresses and are finally price was unbelievable. Eight dollars for 70.00 dresses. They were both on clearance, she had a 15% off coupon, plus her discount final cost 8.00. 

Maya's birthday party was a fun time to. DS, Emme and the kids came and one of Maya's school class mates (Hailee). Hailee wrote a note to Maya and told Maya she is her angel. That's like the second time she has wrote to Maya and told her that. I hope the girls will stay friends forever. Maya's big gift was an I-pod. She loves it! We have texted and we will be able to face time to.

I took my box of pictures and Emme and I went through them. The kids baby books were in there. Boy am I glad I never gave it to DS. I gave that to her to read through. I shared many stories with her of DS growing up. She loved hearing them. We had many laughs and nice bonding time. 

The kids were able to go swimming and it was very hot out. Unbelieve able weather for May.

Today we attended are other granddaughters (Karli's)  graduation. Some smarty pants pulled the fire alarm during the ceremony. It was done on purpose. I hope they find out who did and there is consequences. They checked things out and said there was no fire. And when they could figure out which alarm was set off they could stop the noise and we could continue. I thought with all these people in the gym there could be a stampede. 

Did any one watch Good Morning America this morning? I don't usually, but I seen an article in the newspaper I read from back home about the one room school that is in that school district. It was in Oneida Township and hubby attended that school. I attended a one room school from K thru 2nd grade. Did anyone else attend a room school? My grandma taught at one room schools (maybe two or three) before going to public schools then retiring.

Hope everyone has a nice week!

Good morning ladies. Hot, humid and threatening to rain here. We could use rain, so I'm not complaining.

Marlene, I also attended a two room country school until second grade. It was two separate one room school buildings on the same lot. The second school was moved there when the first one got too crowded. One was a very typical old fashioned building with two entrances, one for boys and one for girls. After second grade my folks decided to send us top private school, and a year or two later, the old country school houses consolidated into a large city based school, and everyone had to be bussed to school. When we switched schools, the private school was amazed to find that I was ahead of my classmates by more than a year. Their assumption was that a little country school couldn't possibly be providing a good education.

Today's plan here is to wash sheets and towels, vacuum and maybe do a bit of sewing. My week shouldn't be too busy. I have to teach a class tomorrow and maybe We'd. (Depends on how tomorrow goes), and then I work the weekend. After that we are going on vacation.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi, ladies.

A very early same day surgery today and I'm already home. Just feeling like sitting right now but it all went well and hospital staff were all so nice.

Talk later.d

Hi All!!  Just one more day (if we can both survive until then).  The minister that got hurt is not the new one but the lady pastor that is leaving.  I'm so sad that she's leaving and that she is hurt.  The drs think that there will be no surgery and that the tendon will repair itself.  Today wasn't a good day--too much drama.  Won't bore you with the details computer drama but I'm so glad that the new boss will be there on Thursday. 

Can't get the pics of Buster Brown to download from my email.  So I'll try to figure something else out tomorrow.  I'm so tired now (after all the computer drama) that my mind needs to not think right now LOL.

Well, our Thunder lost in the playoffs.  But there's always next year.  hopefully next year all the guys will be healthy and able to mesh as a team.  We're still proud of the team, they've been through a lot this year.  At least I don't have to watch the other teams now - or at least I don't think I will.  DH is a big sports fan but by the time of the season comes to an end, I'm tired of sooooo much sports.

Hope you all are having a good Monday!  Will check in more now that the drama will soon be over (Or at least that's what I'm praying for).

Hugs to all of you!!

Glad all went well Judy!!!!

Cindy enjoy your week before vacation!!!

Marlene. Sounds like the perfect present for may. sounds like you had a good weekend and way to go on the dresses!!!

Sherry. Hoping the drama is over soon!!!!!! The thunder gave the spurs a run for their money but the spurs are such a great team.

Went to craft club after work and started binding off my knitted shawl. Now I'm going to read for a bit before heading off to the land of nod

Hi Mary, Holly, Linda, Marisa!!!

Have a good Tuesday

Morning, ladies!

I made it through the night with some throbbing...tylenol helped a bit on that....but the hardest thing was trying to sleep with my head elevated (two pillows). I managed ok.

Now the fun begins: I deperately need to wash my hair this morning, which doc says is ok. I'm just to be careful around it and don't submerge my head or stuff like that. So...a gentle wash and rinse....

Have a good day, my friends

Good Morning All!!  I had to do the pics of the puppy at work this morning.  Couldn't get it to open at home.  But here's the littlest GS with him.  We are so proud of him--no fear of this puppy and he's not afraid of Missy anymore. 

Going to be a busy day but wanted to share the pics of our new furbaby.    Everyone have a great Tuesday!!

post-27829-0-93248100-1401799209_thumb.jpg

post-27829-0-75172500-1401799498_thumb.jpg

post-27829-0-80879000-1401799530_thumb.jpg

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Glad your procedure went well.

Sherry, What a cute puppy and adorable grandson. Hope things will be less stressful real soon.

Maya and I are going to love her having an ipod. She texted yesterday to tell me she didn't go to school as she wasn't feeling well. Then again this morning to tell me she was on her way to school. It just brightens my morning getting a text from my favorite person. I'm going to send her one right now so she'll have it if she checks it in the morning. She even abbreviates. A couple of times I sent her a ?. It is fun!

Tomorrow is her birthday. Can't believe she is going to be 8 years old. I don't know where the time has gone, but I hope it slows down a little. 

Hope everyone has a nice wednesday!

Good Morning, House. :)  

Judy ~ I'm so glad the procedure went well!  Hopefully the pain has subsided by now. :hug

Marlene ~ Sending a big Happy Birthday to Maya!  I agree - time goes by way too fast!

Sherry ~ Awww, the puppy is precious and so is your grandson. :c9   You sound so relieved about the changes at work...Yay!

Joanne ~ Looking forward to seeing your knitting project!  I'm glad you made it to craft club this week - how many people usually come?

Cindy ~ Oh, you all must be happy to be going on vacation!  Will you be with the kids this time?

Linda ~ Good news about Sweet Pea's test results.♥  I know you're going to be very busy getting ready for your trip, and then getting ready to move! 

Holly ~ When does school get out where you are?  The girls must be getting excited about summer!  I hope your DH is doing well. :yes

Things have settled down a bit for now.  Mike is improving slowly and will be at the rehab place for quite a while.  Sue and I have had his house cleaned, painted, etc. which has meant making that drive a lot!

Luke and Zach are both in swimming lessons and I hope to see them tomorrow. :manyheart

Have a good day, everyone!

morning, my friends!

Marlene, I love hearing about Maya! You have such a special relationship. Happy Birthday to her!

Mary, swim lessons were the best thing we ever did for our son. He had one on one with a Red Cross certified instructor. When she saw how well he did she told him he should think about advancing his skills as he got older so he could be  a lifeguard. He never did that, but I was treated to the sight of him doing cannonballs from the higher diving board at our swim club! He had no fear....not always a good thing...lol! Boys will be boys.

Well, I slept much better last  night and barely had any discomfort! Yay! This morning it's bothersome, but that's to be expected. I made the appointment to have the stitches out for this coming Tuesday. DH is coming for that...I wish I wasn't so nervous about these things.

I finished the small baby ghan with the 3 round squares. It measures 24 inches square and is cute. Will wash it and then take a pic.I love DH's suggestion for how to arrange the colors....it looks great!till have leftover squares but I'll figure out something. Maybe make each of them into big squares with another color.

BBL!

Hi Judy!  Can't wait to see the newest baby 'ghan. :)

Last year Luke refused to put his head under water...this year he's like a little fish. :lol   One of DD's neighbors is certified and gives lessons in her back yard pool, so they can even walk to lessons!

I've started in on "one room at a time" cleaning.  Things weren't in great shape before Mike's problems, and it's really driving me nuts now. ;)

Hi, Mary - funny you talked about cleaning a room at a time. I started cleaning a few dresser drawers today!

And here's a small (24 inch) square baby ghan. I'm so glad hubby helped me lay out the colors. I really like the way it looks. I didn't fuss with the border as you can tell...

post-8552-0-23686100-1401915728_thumb.jpg

Archived