Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Long day today! I had 2 programs with 4 and 5 year olds and then lots of time working on program plans for the next week. I have school visits tomorrow and Thursday and a program Thursday afternoon. Then I'll be off for a 4 day weekend. Next week I go to another school and need to get serious about planning my programs for Summer Reading. I also want to get all of my stuff organized and easy to find for whoever takes my spot. I'd hate to leave things in a mess for her.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quiet day here, too.  Sweet Pea goes in to the vet tomorrow to have the cyst removed from her shoulder and to have her teeth cleaned.  One more thing out of the way before the move.

I can't imagine you leaving things a mess, Holly.  You always seem to have things under control.  When does the new job officially start?

Hope you all have a good day tomorrow.   :ghug

If you could see my work desk, you might not think it's under control, but I can find everything... :) Summer Reading ends on Aug. 2. I'll do all my statistics on Monday, the 4th and then start at the new library on Tuesday. I'm on vacation the next week and then again the last week of August. I feel a little bad doing that right away at the new place, but it was planned based on what worked for my current branch. :)

Good Morning, House.  I'm way behind again, but that seems to be normal for me these days. ;)

Linda ~ Lovely drawing!  I've always been in awe of people who can do what you're doing. :yes   Great news about Joy's job.  That drive couldn't have been fun!

Holly ~ You sound super busy, but good!  I hope you love your new location.  :)

Cindy ~ 'Hope all is well with you and your co-workers. 

Joanne ~ Yes, Zach always has a bump or bruise, too.  He chipped one of his front teeth last week and DD was so upset.  The first time is aways the hardest...with two boys, she had better get ready for more. :lol

Hi to everyone I've missed. ♥  Need to leave at 7:30 to stay with Zach while Luke has a check-up.  My brother is being transported to a nursing facility today and Sue will meet them there. 

Have a wonderful day, friends. :manyheart

Morning peeps,

Hi, Sherry and Holly!

Linda I hope Sweet Pea does well today...poor fur babies, they don't know what's happening.

Mary, we went through our share of ER visits with DS, but we know other parents of boys who had it worse! The worse on, other than the concussion he had playing football in HS, was whenhe was about ten, he stood too close to someone swinging an aluminum bat. The quarter moon crater that went down to his orbital bone was a doozy. Good thing hubby was home or they would have wheeled me in to the ER! DS was fascinated by the entire process and the plastic surgeon was impressed...lol!

I hope your borther's transfer is uneventful.

I went to a surgeon to see about this hornlike projection on top of my scalp, leftover from some sort of cyst. She wants to biopsy it, but the sucker is really attached, so, with my fainting condition, it'll be outpatient on June 2. And I will be in a light sedation, like what they use for colonoscopy patients. I like this surgeon a lot. She's partners with one that DH has had to use, as well as DS, and I can see why the two clicked. She's about DS's age and very easy to talk to. Very happy with her and feel totally at ease about getting this out....finally!

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning ladies. Lovely sunshiny day here. I'm going out with dd a bit later. She wants to buy patio furniture and flowers. Tomorrow is the only da y I work this week, followed by a four day weekend. We have a family reunion on Saturday. Our family was assigned desserts, so I'll be baking tomorrow.

Ds's worst injury as a child was probably when he knocked out both of his front teeth. He was still a toddler, and I felt terrible ( so I totally understand your DD's feelings, Mary). My own dd has five boys and it's one thing after another over there. Dd is already used to it! My oldest brother broke both his arms, a shoulder and a wrist all in the same year. Luckily my other brother wasn't quite as reckless.

Judy, I'm impressed that you were able to get out patient surgery scheduled that quickly. Hope it goes very well, and that it turns out to be nothing serious.

Mary, hope your brothers move goes smoothly, and that he settles in well.

Holly, it does sound as if you are in a bit of a whirlwind. I guess all you can do is keep calm and keep going.

Linda, can't wait to see what you do with water colors. I've heard that they are hard if you don't know how to use them.

Well, better go get dressed and start the day.

Good morning.  Dropped off Sweet Pea and then had breakfast out.  Then to the WalMart to pick up antihistamines (not a good thing to run out of during allergy season) and art supplies (to go with the watercolor paints.)  Picked up a variety of sponges, little kid tooth brush, some little spritzer bottles, a small sea salt grinder, etc. which give some really cool effects with the paints.  And some duck tape and a zipper to make a bag to carry it all around in.  I am trying to be somewhat organized with this stuff.  Emphasis on trying.   :lol   I can't say that I really know what I'm doing with the watercolors yet, but I'm definitely having fun.  Adding in the paints now will be interesting to say the least.   :D

They are tearing up the parking lot today and redoing a bunch of it.  I have to move my car to somewhere else in about 45 minutes.  A pain, but hopefully an improvement when they are done.

Mary ~ I really hope that all goes well with your brother's move.  Is he making much sense yet?  

I think the worst thing the kids had happen to them was when DS managed to break DD's arm.  But the time they released the emergency brake on the car and it rolled over DS on its way backwards toward the busy street we lived on, with DD hanging out the side door with one leg dragging on the ground is right up there on the freak-out meter.  Miraculously, neither one was seriously injured and the traffic evaporated as the car rolled across the street and up onto the opposite sidewalk.  Sprained ankles were common place, but only the one broken bone.  DD has never let DS live it down that he broke her arm.   :lol

Judy ~ I hope all goes well with the biopsy.  Sounds like a really good idea to have it done as outpatient surgery.

Holly ~ You still sound way more organized than me.   :P

Thanks, Cindy and Linda. I just went for pre op and had to sit longer than usual after the bloodwork. Nerves, already... Had a nice Polish lady do the EKG, and we were talking about food...lol!

Someone mentioned if the doctor suggested stoping coloring my hair....I had wondered about that. I wouldn't mind at all. I would end up with healthier hair!

I hadn't thought of that, but suppose it might have an effect, Judy.

Just picked up Sweet Pea.  Boy, was she happy to see me, and headed for the door immediately.  She has 9 stitches in her shoulder.  They said she did very, very well with it.  She'll be on an anti-inflammatory/anti-pain med for a week and has to wear a T-shirt until the stitches come out, so that she doesn't take them out early herself and cause herself problems.  She's definitely walking with a hitch in her get-along and yips whenever she comes down too hard on that foot..  Much happier to be home.  They are so good with her.  Another group of people I'll miss when I move.  Sigh.   :cry

Good morning!  Sweet Pea slept most of the rest of the day, but is doing better today.  Still pretty quiet, but she's moving better.  I'm being driver for several friends today.  It's supposed to get up to 90* or more for the next several days.  The parking area was finished last night and it is a definite improvement over the busted up places from before.

Hope you all have a good day.   :manyheart

Hi all,

Good luck with the procedure, Judy-- better to have it done as OPS!! I;m sure all will go well- and I'll be saying prayers and thinking positive thoughts! Have fun watching the Rangers tonight- we'll be watching too!

Went with DD last night to have the boys pictures taken- oh, what an adventure- now I know why she wanted me to go with her!!! We then went out to eat dinner and stopped in Gymboree afterwards and I bought the boys new swim suits!

Glad that it's a three day weekend coming up! It'll be like a mini vacation!

Well, I'd better figure out something for dinner- so we're done before the game starts!

have a good night everyone!

Thanks, Joanne.

Little boys are such a handful...and they feed off each other, energy-wise! Definitely need two sets of hands for any excursion!

Can't wait for the game! Sometimes hubby starts coaching from his seat...and I leave the room and watch it elsewhere if he gets too crazy.

Have a good night, everyone.

Hi everyone. :)  

Judy ~ Good news that you were able to set up the procedure pretty quickly.  I don't blame you for wanting to be sedated!

Linda ~ Awww, I'm so glad Sweet Pea is doing well. :manyheart   I think it's rougher on us sometimes. :yes

Luke had a full eye exam, but all is well. His pediatrician noticed his left eye appeared "weaker" and wanted him to have the exam.  He is taking swimming lessons each afternoon and I got to go watch yesterday. :)

I am so excited to be home most of the day today.  DH has to meet someone for about an hour, but I always have my crochet bag ready to go for these times. :)

Any plans for the holiday weekend?  Have a good morning, all! ♥♥♥

morning peeps!

Mary, you are so blessed having the babies close by. They certainly have a way of making your day more fun...and exhausting!

Not much going on today - have a great day my freinds.

Good morning. It's gorgeous weather here, warm, breezy and sunny.

I couldn't sleep this morning, so I got up at 6, put on the coffee and baked cookies. We have a family reunion tomorrow and my immediate family is to bring desserts. Since it is an outdoor affair, I decided to bring finger food type stuff that can sit out for a while without melting and spoiling. I also wanted some kid friendly stuff. One of my DD's is making banana bread, and I don't know what the other one is bringing. I plan to bake a pound cake and make some mini cheesecake bites. Those will go fast enough to not worry about them sitting out.

I have cleaned two bathrooms and have a load of laundry out on the line. One more bathroom to go. After my baking is done I plan to clean the kitchen. I'd like to vacuum a bit as well. I'm hoping to be done by one, so that I can get outside and enjoy the weather. Dh wants to go out to Lake Michigan tonight, so we will probably find a place to eat out there, which means I don't have to think about dinner.

Well, better get back to work.....

Good morning, my friends.  I have a relatively quiet weekend planned.  Taylor is coming over this afternoon and we are going to rearrange the bedroom so I have more room to stack boxes and then we will start in on packing some of the more fragile things.  Which reminds me that I need to go to the liquor store and pick up some of their boxes.  They are really nice and sturdy for packing my statues and such.  And with the long weekend they will be sure to have a bunch.

Sweet Pea is much better today.  She is back to barking at sounds outside and is moving around much better and more frisky.  Yay!  She was trying to get at the incision this morning and yipping every time she stretched too far.  I told her that if it hurt to quit doing that.  Don't know that she understood, but she did quit.

It's to be HOT all weekend so I'll be mostly inside.

Cindy ~ Have a wonderful time at the reunion.

Mary ~ How wonderful that you get to stay home for most of the day.  Enjoy!  I'm so glad that Robbie's eyes are okay.

Hope you all have a great long weekend.   :manyheart

Cindy, where did you get all that energy!? It sounds like you're going to have a fun time!

Linda, do you still have a t shirt on Sweet Pea?

Hi, Judy.  Yes, Sweet Pea still has her T-shirt on.  That's supposed to stay on until the stitches come out a week from tomorrow.

I'm shot!  Taylor was here for almost 3 hours and we got a lot done.  Including getting one display case emptied and a good bit of two more.  Also, got the loom partially dismantled and all packed away in its carry case.  And the bed moved.

I'll be going up to Joan's apartment this evening and we'll play some Rummicube.  She said not to eat a big supper so I'm guessing there will a fair number of snacks available.   :lol

Well. I've finally finished everything on my to do list. I'm pooped!

We decided to grill at home rather than go out to the lake. Once we remembered it was a holiday weekend, it was a no brainier! It's such nice weather, that it is sure to be crowded there. We are just having burgers, potato salad from the deli, raw veggies and fruit. No work for me.

Linda, wow, you got a lot of packing done! Have fun with your friend this evening.

Mary, I hope you enjoyed your day at home. Hopefully things bare going to quiet down a bit for you.

Judy, regarding the energy, it was just one of those days!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, My son punctured a hole in his ear drum playing soccer and using his head to hit the soccer ball. Those balls are hard enough. 

DD was 16 or 17 and with a gf in the gf's blazer and someone hit them as the other car came around the corner and it tipped the blazer over. It was a hit and run and the driver was never stopped. It happened in front of a nurses house and came right out to check on the girls. Luckily it had a sunroof and climbed out through it. DD had to stay over night in the hospital for observation, but both girls were okay. I don't know who was more scared me or them. 

Hope you were able to spend the day at home and get some me time in. Glad Zack's eyes were okay.

Holly, Good luck with your new postition and getting everything ready for the next person to take your job over.

Judy, Probably a much easier way to have your procedure taken care of. 

Linda, You got a lot of packing done today. Can't wait to see how your next picture turns out with all your new items to help you. Glad Sweet Pea is doing well after his surgery. 

Joanne, Enjoy your mini vacation! 

Cindy, Enjoy your reunion tomorrow! A nice day to bake with a little cooler day. 

I had my dentist appt then we went to hobby lobby to get MIL a magnifying sheet (they sell them in the needle work). It wasn't strong enough so I will return it and get her a 10x. She's had to give reading as she can't see good enough. We stopped to visit with sil and bil and the bil was golfing so hubby napped and I visited with sil. Bil came home and we went out to dinner. We stopped by SD's hubby has a play station and he and sil, and Zack play together online and he need help. I got to feed Bently and he went to sleep. Hated to put him down. 

Today we determined we need to buy a new toliet. So that's what we will be off to do tomorrow. Certainly glad we still have the rv.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Hi ladies!

Marlene, the eReaders (Kindle, Nook) are able to have the size of the font adjusted for visually impaired people. Not sure how high up it goes, but that's an alternative if it works for her.

And the stuff that happens to our kids is what adds the gray hairs!

Have a peaceful Memorial Weekend, my friends.

Good morning, everyone.  Had a nice time at Joan's last night.  I did what no one has done.  I beat Joan at Rummicube and rather thoroughly at that.  She was shocked.  And the snacks were French bread with a spread that included cheeses, green and black olives, spring onions, mayonaise, butter, and something else.  Then it was baked until gooey.  Yummy!

A quiet day planned.  Hope you all have a good Memorial Day weekend.

Archived