Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Happy almost weekend, everyone.  It's getting busy here.  Reading, drawing, crocheting, and packing.  I did at least 7 boxes up this afternoon.  Mostly they were of my quilting material stash with a box of books thrown in for good measure.  My arms and shoulders are feeling it tonight.

Sherry, that is exciting that you got to meet the new minister today.  Best wishes to him in settling in and hope that this means that things will finally start to settle down for you at work.  I know it's been more than a little frustrating for the last 6 months or so.   :hug

Judy, I love your pillow!  It's gorgeous!

Holly, here's hoping that you will love the work with the teens.   :hug   I was a student librarian in high school and adored several of our librarians.  They were fantastic to work with.

Marisa, having so many wips is frustrating and rewarding at the same time.  Frustrating in that it takes a long time to get something done on all of them, but rewarding when all of a sudden a whole bunch of them end up finishing at about the same time.  

I'm heading for bed in just a little bit.  Hope you all have a great weekend.  It's cooled down the last couple of days, but is supposed to hit the upper 80's about mid-week next week.   :lol

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and happy weekend!!!

Read through all the posts but don't have time to respond individually. I'm heading over to watch the boys shortly while dd and sil go looking at houses. Then off to get my nails done and later on this afternoon back to watch the boys since sil is working and dd has a bachelorette party to go to.

Now to get more coffee and at least get a few things done before heading out!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Hi everyone!   I hope you are all having a good weekend. :)

Joanne ~ Have fun with the little ones today. :c9   And a manicure sounds great, too.

Judy ~ Love the pillow!  Beautiful job and it looks very happy in your home. :yes   We have had hummers since mid-March and they usually stay until October.  They are so much fun to watch!

Linda ~ You are definitely the busy bee! ;)   Doing the packing a little at a time is so smart...that way you can still enjoy your crafting and books.

Marlene ~ So glad you were going to see Jocelyn and Peyton yesterday!  Also glad that you mentioned the roast in the crock pot...I forget I have one and really love using it.

Cindy ~ That is so great that your MIL is knitting!  I hope work goes well for you this weekend. :yes

Holly ~ Is the "new" branch very far from you?  How are Hubby and the girls?

Marisa ~ It's so good to see your posts!  You definitely have a lot on your hooks. :lol  Great news that your mom is doing well after her surgery.

Sherry ~ You sound less stressed already!  The changes at work sound like a good thing. :)   The c2c baby 'ghan sounds very cute!

Please forgive me if I've missed anyone - my brain is so full of things right now. :lol

Plans changed and I had to be gone most of yesterday, but am home all weekend! :cheer

Good morning ladies. I had a fairly quiet day at work today. It is still cold here, but the sun shone all day.

Joanne, sounds like you had a fun, but busy day. Hope you find some time to rest before heading into another work week.

Mary, yay!, for a couple of days at home. Hope you find time to do a little crocheting.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Cindy ~ I hope it's not too cold!  We're having a cooler May than usual, but the weather has been gorgeous this past week.

I finished two baby hats this afternoon.  DD's group of long time friends (since grade school!) are the ones I've made baby afghans, U of Texas scarves, etc. for and the one girl who has tried for years is finally going to have a baby girl! :c9  5 of the 6 girls all went to UT and DD requested a UT hat for the baby. :)  If I have time, I will make an afghan, too.

Have a good evening, ladies. ♥♥♥

Mary, you sound more rested just being able to be home for the day.  Hooray!

I did a couple more boxes today and went to the local beauty college for a haircut this afternoon.  i am stiff and sore from yesterday, so only did a couple of boxes today.  I have most of my fabric stash now packed up.  Well, the stash that isn't yet assigned a project, that is.  Still have about one more box of that then several boxes of projects that are at least planned and in some instances started.

I've been working on the next drawing a little today, too.  Mostly, though, I've had a quiet day with Sweet Pea.

I also got my tickets for the trip up to Cedar Rapids next month today.  And DD has landed a new job!  She will be based in Cedar Rapids starting next month.  No more commuting to Des Moines once a week.  Yay!

And three of the books that I ordered this week arrived today in the mail.  More fun reading!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, The pillow is gorgeous! Maybe when I'm done with baby blankets I can make a couple. 

Joanne, Enjoy your day with the boys.

Sherry, I hope the new boss can settle things down at your work. You do sound like there is some relief already. 

Jocelyn's run was canceled. But I went to Payton's play. It was about history. There was 4  fourth grade classes and each class did a skit about history. What a fun way to teach kids about history. They have two men that go around to different school districts and work with the kids for a week teaching history. I recorded Payton's class. After everything was over one of the men put a garbage bag over his shirt. Then picked the class who was the best behaved above the others and also picked one boy and one girl from each class to come up on stage and throw whip cream pies at him. Payton was picked. He said "I could listen to this boy answer questions all day long" come on down Payton. Grandma had a proud moment!  They put Payton on some medicine to calm him down and help him with his attention. The teacher told my son it was like night and day with Payton. And that Payton is just absorbing so much it likes he can't get enough. 

The last three times I've picked the kids up he gets out the map and finds where were at. When I tell him to look for a city I tell him which direction he is going (north, south, etc). I got that tip from my Mom. When I got my drivers license she sent me downtown Lansing on the highway at that to trade in her S&H stamps. She gave me directions to get there but not how to get home. But I knew my directions (north, south, etc) so I made back home. LOL!

I ended up taking this back to my hometown to meet there dad and Emme. Then they headed to Chicago for the rest of there weekend. 

Tomorrow starts are warming up streak. Boy is it welcomed to. 

Hope everyone has a good sunday!

The new branch is about 40 minutes away. We currently only have 1 vehicle, so we'll have to figure out how we're going to work this. Moving is not an option. I like our school system much better. The more I think about it, it's a good change, but I'm going to miss what I'm doing now.

Wayne and the girls are all doing good! Today was pictures for the girls' dance recital. They both looked so grown up!

Good morning

What a busy day yesterday was. Had a lot of fun with the boys and spent much of it outside. It was a gorgeous day. Got home around 10:30 last night. Needless to say today is going to be a take it easy kind of day!!! :-)

Have a good one

Good morning.  Discovered yesterday that I had goofed up on Friday.  I was supposed to deliver the Prayer Squares that the Prayer Shawl group had made for the graduates and forgot when Taylor cancelled out on me.  :eek  Saw them yesterday and about had a heart attack.  I was at the church 30 minutes before their first service and got them delivered, so it all turned out okay.  Whew!  

Holly, I'm sure you'll work things out.  It's good to here that Wayne is continuing to improve.  Wishing you all well.

Marlene, you must be soooo proud of Payton.  What wonderful news!

For anyone who hasn't read any of Toni McGee Causey's books, here is the chapter one lead in lines from Bobbie Faye's Very (very,very,very) Bad Day : "You know how some people are born to Greatness?  Well, Bobbie Faye Sumrall woke up one morning, kicked Greatness in the teeth, kneed it in the balls, took it hostage, and it's been begging for mercy ever since.   -a former Louisiana mayor after Bobbie Faye accidentally ran her car into his office, knocking pages of fraud evidence into the street, which helped land him in Federal prison"  These books are guaranteed to give you plenty of laughs.  And, somehow, in spite of how crazy they get, they leave you believing that all the craziness could actually happen.  Hopefully, just not all at the same time and to the same person.

Have a wonderful day.   :manyheart

Hi, again.  It's been raining all day here.  Not real heavy, but very steadily.

I just finished my third picture in watercolor pencils, pen, and ink.  I am soo proud of it.  I am learning new tricks with each one.  Even the two I ditched.   :P

post-9295-0-13511800-1400449772_thumb.jpg

Linda, that sketch is wonderful!!!!!

And work that you don't use is still useful....as with writing, it's all a learning experience.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, That picture is awesome!

Holly, I'm sure things will work out.

DS and Emme stopped by and picked up his camaro after they dropped the kids off at home. I crocheted today. I had to start the pattern all over as the other one wasn't working out with the pattern. I'm far enough in it now it looks like it will work out this time. Did some laundry to. 

Have a nice monday everyone!

Good morning. I am just about to go in for a meeting. Actually, I was planning to skip it, because yesterday was such an exhausting day at work. I only had one patient, but she was extremely unstable. However,this morning, I got a 6 AM phone call, telling me that I needed to come in today, as I had been exposed to a contagious bacteria. I figure that if I need to go in to pick up antibiotics, I might as well make it worth my while.

Linda, I really like your drawing. You are definitely talented, and that drawing teacher you have is a gifted instructor.

Once I get back home today, it'll be housework,yard work or both. It looks like it will be a nice day.

Morning ladies!

Joanne, yesterday was such a perfect day, wasn't it? We went to the bay at union beach and looked over at the NY skyline and the Verazanno bridge. So perfect. Enjoy craft club!

Marlene, is the blanket you're redoing the one with the unusual design? I've heard of other people having issues with it...

Cindy, wow, I can't imagine what you were exposed to! Good thing you'll have the rest of the day to putter....

Have a great day, my fiends and a shout out to everyone else!!

Good morning!  We went from rain yesterday to dense fog this morning.  Visibility is very poor.  Enjoyed my quiet day yesterday.

Joanne, have fun at craft club.  

Everyone's walks along the shore sound so nice.

Drawing class is this afternoon.  She's going to be bringing in some different materials to experiment with.  Sounds like a fun and messy class.   :P

Have a wonderful Monday.   :manyheart

Cindy, hope the bug you were exposed to isn't too nasty and that the antibiotics work well.

I looked up what I was exposed to, and the risk of casual contact actually causing an infection is actually fairly low. We suspected that the patients infection was serious, so most of us in the room wore masks, but they recommend treatment, if there is even the slightest possibility that you were in there without one. I'm not at all worried about it, but better safe than sorry!

It is shaping up to be a gorgeous day here. On my way to the hospital, I saw two convertibles with their tops down. It was sunny but only 48 degrees, so I think maybe they were pushing it a bit.

Well, better get to work now.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I hope getting treatment takes care of everything for you.

Judy, It was me trying to make the blanket bigger so I added more rows and doing granny square stitch makes more groups so it wasn't going to work out for me. It is just going to be what the pattern calls for unless I find an area I can add a few extra rows with out problems. 

Joanne, Enjoy crochet club tonight. 

Linda, Enjoy art class today.

It's breezy out here. I went to the post office and the store and it was nice in town. It's quite breezy often here on the lake. We have DS coming over saturday to help hubby put the dock in. 

Linda - WOW!!  What a great picture!  You have an awesome talent!!

Cindy - Glad that you are able to take the meds and hopefully that will keep the nasty stuff away from you.

Joanne - hope you had a good evening!

For those wanting to try a c2c, give it a try--it's a quick pattern.  I was surprised at how fast it went. 

A busy day today - school will be over this Friday for both GS.  I'll be so glad not to drive the little one to school every day.  Sad thing is he will have to do Kindergarten over again.  He's ok with "staying in the class again" - not using the term holding him back.  But he can't stay at the day care where I work next year, so I won't be seeing him and his brother as much next school year.  I really wanted DD to put them in the school by us as it would save a lot on day care and it's an all day kindergarten versus the 2 1/2 hours he's done this year (and next).  But she's determined to keep them there but that could change once school gets closer.

Didn't do anything but read this weekend.  Need to make a turtle for one of the bosses (that's what he collects).  Already have the other one's gift made (a prayer shawl).  Well, I'd better get off and get to bed.  Will have to go in early again tomorrow.  Have a great evening all!!  Hugs to all of you.

Thanks for all the compliments, my friends.  Art class was a lot of fun.  And the instructor finally convinced me to buy some watercolor paints with the demonstration.  She's been telling me that for a while, but I've been resisting.  Some of the tricks from yesterday only work with the paints and the effects were pretty awesome.  The kit I bought wasn't that expensive and will let me play with effects for a relatively small outlay of cash.  Who'd have thought that I'd get hooked on working with water colors?  Not me.  But I am loving the results.  The paints will give me even more control over the results.  Color me happy.   :c9

Sherry, you sound so much more relaxed than you have in quite a while.   :clap   It's definitely not all bad to held back in Kindergarten.  Sometimes it's all for the best.  And maybe DD will change her mind on the schools when it gets closer to the time to actually start.  My kids went to all day Kindergarten and loved it.  They had been going half days to preschool and the full day routine with a nap in the afternoon fit both of them very well.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday.  I've already been to vote in our primary, so the day is off to a great start here.

Hi Ladies,

Not much happening around here today. We had really nice weather today. I sat out for awhile tonight until the mosquitos came out. 

Hope everyone has a nice wednesday!

Hi all,

Busy days at work since one of my co-workers is on vacation. I didn't make it to cc last night. I stayed home and watched the rangers game with DH instead. In my pjs. Lol

Tomorrow I'm going with dd to have the boys pictures taken after work. Robbie turned 1 in March and she still hadn't gotten his 1 year old pic taken he always seemed to have a bump or bruise. Then we will take the boys to dinner

One of these days I'll post from my laptop so I can respond individually The auto correct on the iPad sometimes drives me batty.

Have a good hump day!!!!

Archived