Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Morning, peeps.

Joanne, enjoy the gardens tomorrow! I'm so happy to hear the dinner was a success.

Not much on the agenda today. We'll be picking up a few flowers for the yard. Looks like it's safe to do that - at last!

Enjoy the day, my friends.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, friends. It's a beautiful sunny spring day here. I'm dragging a bit this morning. We went out last night and got to bed late. A wrong number woke us up a little before 6, and I couldn't get back to sleep. Luckily I don't have a long to do list today. I need to set the vacuum going and I'd like to bake bread. I also want to get the hummingbird feeders out, since both ds and my sister in law have seen some. Of course, I will have to find them first.

Judy, I'm going to get some flowers today too, but potted ones. There is still the danger of heavy frost here.

Joanne, have fun at the gardens tomorrow. Will there be much to see at this time of year? I go to our botanic gardens in the off season sometimes, and there isn't much going on outside, except for the sculpture garden. (You may remember the giant horse picture I posted awhile back.). Now that I think about it, I guess spring bulbs will be blooming at this time of year.

Well, better get the day going......

Good morning housemates :)

It's good to be getting back into the groove!  I had a couple patients this morning.  As soon as I finish up the paperwork, I'll gather up the trash to take out and then am heading to the gym.  Then it's the CGOA group at 2 :clap  I'm currently working on an afghan for my cousin who's getting married at the end of June.  It's the Red Heart CAL that they have going right now....I think it's the Textured Granny Checkered Afghan, or something similar to that.  All of the granny squares, which is half are black and all the textured squares are blue so the color changes will make a checkered pattern.

I think most of you saw the one I just finished up for Maryann's baby shower 2 weeks ago and she should be coming up on her due date although I haven't heard any news yet!

Judy - I will not be seeing my mom tomorrow :(  Since I was just home a couple weeks ago.  She is getting a knee replacement on Monday for the 'other' knee :lol  So when she gets discharged, Steph is heading home on Thursday and staying for a week and then that following Thursday we'll switch and I'll be home for a week.  At that point I anticipate her to be well enough to not need constant supervision....but will play it by ear.

Joanne - It was pushing 90 here yesterday, today in the 70's and the rain is supposed to be rolling in for a few days I think!

Cindy - What kind of bread are you baking today?  I love the way it smells up the house :manyheart  I hope you enjoy your day beyond your to do list.

Yesterday was a busy one.  I had lunch with the SASSE group from church.  Then went to help Joan with the cleaning of her apartment.  It was vacuuming and cleaning the fridge and sorting and a few other things.  Then we played Rummicube and visited and had sandwiches.  Came home and went to bed early and slept way late playing catch up.

Today's agenda includes packing more boxes and working on the latest drawing, which is a restart of the third one.  There were just too many things in the first version that I wasn't at all happy with.  And this time I actually got the sky right.  Yay!   :D   The others weren't all that bad, but not what I wanted.  

Hope you all have a great Saturday.   :ghug

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, Enjoy your trip to the gardens tomorrow. 

Marisa, Wish your Mom the best with her surgery. 

Like Cindy said we had a nice day here just a little to windy to sit outside. I did some laundry and went to the store for a few things. Yesterday we went out to dinner with Gordy, Mary and there son Tim. We went for fish.  There all doing pretty good at this time. We don't have any plans for tomorrow since we were all just together for Jocelyn's birthday. DD has Maya's sister and brother there to celebrate there Dad's birthday with them. I'm okay with a quiet day. Hope everyone enjoys there Mother's Day! 

:rose  :rose  :rose Happy Mother's Day!  :rose  :rose  :rose

Good morning

Happy Mother's Day to the moms!!!

Cindy. Rutgers gardens has an annual plant sale every year on Mother's Day. We have been going for the last 4 years now. There are beautiful grounds and some unusual trees and plants. It's a very peaceful place. They even rent out space for weddings.

Have a wonderful relaxing day

Happy Mother's Day to all! ♥♥♥

I keep reading posts, but never seem to make it to the reply part lately. ;)   I'm home alone for the morning, which I'm loving!  We saw the kids yesterday and DH was asked to work at a trade show booth until about 2.  It's a good chance for him to see some old friends. :yes   I'm going to crochet today!

Hello! I got an email today setting my interview for Wednesday morning. Ack! That makes it real that I'm going for this position. :)

:manyheart   You must be so excited!  Can't wait to hear how it goes...we'll be cheering for you. :)

Have a wonderful day however you spend it!

Sitting here with DS and relaxing after an early dinner...

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Hi Ladies,

Hubby made us breakfast this morning. Then we worked out in the yard for awhile. I sat out in the sun for awhile this afternoon until it got to hot. I hate to even think that it was to hot this early in the season. We have a big change coming next weekend. I wanted to make enchiladeas for dinner but I grabbed the green sauce instead of the red so we ended up having tacos. Oh well!

Have a nice monday!

Belated Happy Mother's Day.  It was a hard day for me with lots of bad memories triggered.  But I spent it doing a lot of crocheting on the shawl that is ordered.  It's to the point that it takes where it takes an hour to crochet just one row.  Yuck!  Next one will be priced higher.  There is just way too many hours involved in making one.

Holly ~ Good luck with the interview.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Marisa ~ It's so nice to see you back in here.  Sending your mom lots of wishes for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery.

Hi ladies. Had a quiet day at work today, hope it is the same tomorrow.

Linda, Mother's Day didn't trigger bad memories for me, but I did have a few tearful moments, thinking about my mom.

Nothing much going on here. It's been hot, as Marlene said, but supposedly it's going to cool down.

Marisa, hope your moms surgery goes well. I made oatmeal bread on Saturday. That's my go to bread recipe.

:rain  Hi House.  My laptop is unplugged - we're having torential rain and are under flash flood warnings!  I made it home just before the rain started, thank goodness.

Linda ~ :hug  for your rough day yesterday.  I totally understand and just wish we could block out the bad memories. 

Marlene ~ Enchiladas sound yummy right now!  I've used green sauce, but we like the red better. :yes

Cindy ~ I'm glad you had a nice, quiet day at work today!  Are you knitting or crocheting anything now?

Hi to all my friends! ♥

I babysat for Zach today. :c9   Luke had his last "Zoo school" class and DD and SIL went for the picnic and final adventure hike. 

It's fun to have one on one time with each little guy. :)

I'll be making another drive to the lawyer tomorrow.  Our lawyer referred us to another lawyer who specializes in medicaid and disability stuff - they both think this is the way to go for Michael.  I don't understand how it all works, so I guess we'll find out tomorrow.  I'm already exhausted from all this, but Sue and I are all he's got.  So I guess we're stuck - yep, I'm angry!  (I definitely need more crochet time!)

Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Time to shut down the computer

Hi ya....

Mary, we're having enchiladas tomorrow....cheesy sauce....yummy!

Cindy, like you I had some tearful moments yesterday. Hugs to you....

Hugs to all of you

Had a wonderful time at the gardens and with the boys yesterday. It was great to have so e time with my middle dd too. I tried not to think about the Mother's Day when my mom passed

It's hot as hades and humid. Looks like storms are on the way but I'm going to craft club anyway. Need to unwind from a rough work day

Hi again, dinner is done (fish, salad and homemade applesauce, plus rolls for dh), and I'm out on the front porch with my iPad.

Joanne, I'm sorry your workday was rough. Hope tomorrow is better. Enjoy craft club. It was hot here, but it's cooling off quickly. There are severe thunderstorm warnings here, but right now the sky is blue.

Mary, you and Sue are good sisters, stepping in to take care of your brother. You are in a tough situation and resentment is understandable in the circumstances. It's too bad it's such a lot of work to get things straightened out.

I'm alternating work on my WIPs at the moment, (a knit baby blanket, the learn to knit afghan, and several crochet afghans.). All except the baby blanket have been WIPs for years. All of them are boring to me and I am very tempted to start something new.

Hi Ladies,

Hugs for everyone! 

Cindy, We had fish tonight to.

Mary, You and Sue sure are in a hard spot. You have the right to be angry. Good luck with the new lawyer. 

Holly, Wishing you the best on your job interview.

Judy, What kind of cheese sauce do you use on your enchildas? 

Joanne, Hope you are able to unwind tonight at craft club. 

Linda, Hope today was a better day for you. How many rows do you before your finished on your shawl?

We had a couple of thunderstorms today and lots and lots of rain. Daisy wasn't happy with all the rain. She don't like rain. I found a raincoat for her at a garage sale and she don't like it either. She had been up a couple of hours and wouldn't go off the porch. So I went out in the rain and we walked around the house and she went. Stubborn girl. They out to come with a doggy umbrella. 

Hope everyone has a nice tuesday!

Thank you, everyone. :manyheart   You know me well enough to know I don't normally get angry or feel sorry for myself...so I'll just take more deep breaths and take one day at a time. :)

Add me to the "fish for dinner" list - we had tilapia, a salad and asparagus last night!

I need to leave by 8 and I'm not ready yet - better scoot.   Have a good day, friends. ♥♥♥

Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday was a much better day.  Today is beautiful with blue skies and sunshine.

I almost forgot to go to drawing class yesterday.  Not sure where my head was, but at least I did remember.  The ash trees are still blooming, so the allergies are NOT helping me think straight.  Finally figured out what was giving me problems with this third drawing in watercolor pencil, pen and ink.  There is too much brush and stuff in front of the house to be able to see it clearly, so I don't really know where I'm trying to go with it.  I scrapped the second attempt, too.  I'm either going to try a different angle picture of it or go on to something entirely different.  Will look through my pictures and see what intrigues me and then decide.  It's also time to start doing the research work for the next set of classes.  We are more or less on our own as far as projects and drawing medium.  Linda E. will be there to guide us and help us with techniques.  I'm going to go back and work on colored pencils I think.  And the subject matter will either be landscapes or close ups of nature (flowers, trees, bushes or some such.)

Mary ~ Hoping that today goes more smoothly for you.  It seems that your brother has been pretty irresponsible with his life choices and now you and Sue are having to cope with the consequences.  I'd be shocked if you weren't feeling angry and put upon.  You two are in a hard position not of your choosing.   :hug

Joanne ~ Hope work goes better today.

I'm not sure how much more I need to do on the shawl to call it finished, but I think I'm almost to that point.  It's taking an hour to do just one row, which is a lot.  The next one done with lace weight yarn will be priced higher just because of the time it takes to make them.  The first one was spaced out over a year so I didn't realize how much time was invested in it.   :P   The one I'm making for myself it is in larger yarn, although still not all that big and is going much, much faster.  I worked on it yesterday.  I'm alternating between the two so I don't totally burn out.  I can see progress on mine much faster than on the other one.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.   :manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Where in for some cool weather over the next few days. Frost has even been mentioned. By the weekend it should start warming up slowly. I have to pick Payton and Jocelyn up from school friday. I know they will be staying over night friday night, but not sure about saturday. DS and Emme have to pick dishes for the meal for the wedding and also meet up with the best man to get his tux. Since the kids don't know the date of the wedding they will be with us. Have to keep the date from them so it can be kept from the ex. 

My cousin who is going through chemo, she has 3 treatments left and just finished up her radiation a bit ago is doing really well. My uncle who has cancer is going to have surgery so they can put in a screen due to blood clots. Then he is having a heart surgery a few weeks later. I forgot what there doing to his heart. 

I talked to Maya for just a minute tonight. She is star student this week. Everyone in her class gets a turn at being the star. 

Hope everyone has a nice wednesday!

Marlene ~ That's sad that the wedding date has to be kept from the kids so the ex doesn't find out.  When my ex and I divorced we worked super hard to stay on good terms with opposite sides of the family and to keep the kids out of the middle of things.  And to not make problems for the other with the kids.  I know it's hard work, but it was sooo worth it.  I wish more divorced couples made that effort.  Hope it's a wonderful day for all concerned.

Just finished up the paperwork for the unauthorized charges on my debit card that was cancelled.  They're still saying it could take 3 months to straighten out everything and return the money to me.  Sigh!  It has soooo messed up things for me this month.

Bought some more books today at used book stores.  I know!  Just what I need as I'm getting ready to move.  More books!   :lol   But I so need the escape they provide when life gets too much.  Love my books.  Bought mostly science fiction and light-hearted fiction.  Four of them are in the series with "Bobby Faye's Very (very, very, very) Bad Day" by Toni McGee Causey.  Harley Jane Kozak states, "Bobbie Faye is Southern, eloquent, kick-*ss, highly accomplished, and just plain nuts."  I agree.  I laughed all the way through it and hope do more of the same with the rest of them.  Among the Bobby Faye Sumrall Disasters listed for the "Louisiana State Insurance Archive" are the following: Fire at High School (Science Lab), Train Derailment, Partial Destruction of Power Plan, Destruction of Governer's Motorcade (No Fatalities), Drawbridge Jammed for Nine Weeks, Contamination of Red Pepper Crop, Shrimp Boat Sinks Blocking Intracoastal Canal, Water Tower Destruction, 4-H Bull Stampede, & Collapse of Buildings after Brawl over "Unknown" Woman.  Those are all before all the things that end up destroyed in this book.   :lol   I look forward to learning the details of at least some of them in the ones that I've ordered.  

Hope you all have a good Wednesday.   :manyheart

Good morning ladies. Work was very slow yesterday. We went over to ds's house after I got home, for dinner and for dh to help him with a few repairs. I read a book while the guys worked.

The sun is shining at the moment, but it's chilly and dh says there is lots of rain in the forecast. Just when I have days off.

Linda, I've never heard of those books, but I must say they sound entertaining! They will surely give you a few hours of escape from everyday life.

I am thinking about going to a block sale this morning. I definitely don't need anything, but I've had good luck this year finding stuff for my grandsons. Since there are 5 of them, whatever I find is bound to work for someone.

But first, I'd better get dressed and start a load of laundry. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Good afternoon ladies and happy belated mother's day too all :)

It's been kind of an add week, but not bad.  My summer bowling league starts this evening!  Oooo, I'm excited :)  It's the little things, lol.

Mom's surgery went well on Monday.  They started moving it yesterday, but had to wait until the afternoon to get started because of the nerve block.  She's doing well though.  Today she walked down the hall a bit, with walker and assistance of course!  Today they attempt stairs later and my mom feels she'll be able to do them.  Everyone keeps telling her how wonderful she's doing!  I told her that they are probably used to most people that like playing the 'sympathy card' when they've had surgery.  But, she knows the importance of getting it moving ASAP and all the rehab to get herself where she wants to be while losing as little motion as possible.  She had the other knee done about 5 years ago and did great after that one.  Plus, she has my sister and I constantly on top of her to make sure she's doing everything as she should be!  They still anticipate her to be discharged home tomorrow and Steph has some work to do in Altoona for a sister company of theirs so when she's done, she'll just continue home since she'll already be en route.  Thanks for all the well wishes for her.  Her biggest worry is having to run to the toilet, since her bowels still are not under control although she continues to improve.....SLOWLY!

I know I've been gone for a while and I think I missed some news.....Linda, why are you packing?

Archived