Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Just jumping on really quick. Wayne is doing pretty good. Still hurting, but it's a difficult surgery, so there will be pain for awhile. He's got feeling back in his hands and doesn't have shooting pain in his arms, so it's a good thing. :)

I'm tired. All the craziness of those 3 weeks is catching up with me. And the possible changes at work became a little more real today. There are several retirements happening at the end of August, including our director so shuffling has started. It may or may not affect me, but I'll be applying for a branch manager position. I'm ok with not getting it, but think that I need to put my name in there. I think my chances are 50/50 for getting one of the 2 positions.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holly ~ It's good to here that Wayne is doing so well and that there's so much improvement in his arms and hands.  Good luck with the manager position.  Hope you get one of them.   :hug

Marlene ~ Hope you get the plumbing figured out and fixed ASAP.  That's one of the more difficult things to fix on your own.  I have done some of the simpler things, but not everything by any means.

Art class went well today.  The instructor had some critiques on both of the first two pictures, but nothing super major.  I had reached the point of adding the pen and ink to the third picture and I'm incorporating some changes in this one vs. the first ones.  This continues to be a medium that I really, really like.   :D   My friends like them, too.  Even up close.   :lol

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

Hi, friends.  Today was a long day.  Especially since I never did get any sleep last night.  My head wouldn't shut up so was up all night.  Worked on the kitchen in the morning.  After picking up Taylor at school she came over here and we got started on boxes and other stuff in preparation for moving.  I now have sixteen book boxes stacked along one wall of the bedroom, some of which had to be reopened and repacked.  We got some stuff sorted out and taken to GoodWill and a chair hauled to the curb to go to the dump.

The new debit card arrived today and I got the process started for disputing the felonious charges made to it.  The process could take 90 days or more since some of the charges appeared to be from New Zealand.  At least it is started and there is hope that I will eventually get those funds back, if not very soon.  Sigh!   :(   Anyway, a lot got done one way or another today.  I'm about ready for bed.  Hope you all had a good day.   :ghug

A quick hello....

Linda, it sounds like you're coming along with your packing. What does Sweet Pea think of everything? I hope the bank moves along quickly on the money!

I just frogged several rows of the Lucy pillow....as in her pictures, many of my rows came out wonky. I didn't like the look of the long stitches sitting where they were, so, riiiiip-it......I should have brought down the frog I was gifted so I had company....lol! It was where I put the first stitch in some rows that messed up the look. I really should look at my so called simple patterns more carefully as I work them.

Have a good night everyone.

Hi all

I stopped for my oil change and tore rotation after work so just finished dinner. Lol. Read through all the posts and since I'm on the iPad I'm just going to wish you alk a good rest of the evening.

Yay. Tomorrow is hump day !!!!

Hi Ladies,

Holly, That's great news on Wayne. I hope you get one of the positions.

Linda, Hope you can sleep tonight. Way to go on your packing.

Judy, Sorry you had to frog.

Hubby was awake thinking about are plumbing problem. He thinks there is a plug and not a leak. Time will tell. I'll let him do the worrying about it. I crocheted a bit today. I'm working on a baby blanket. It's an old pattern. Crocheted Rainbow Set by Helen Passey. It's on ravelry (pictures only). It is on Leisure Arts website to, they brought it back. 

We will be staying at my sisters tomorrow night. Hubby has to go tomorrow to get the heart machine hooked up. Thursday he has a dentist appt and group therapy starts back up. Hopefully I can squeeze in a visit with my cousins. They come for Mother's Day every year. One of them is doing chemo or radiation treatments so hopefully she feels like coming up. I'll call first. 

Have a good week!

Thanks for the good wishes on the job. I'm kind of torn. I love what I do and I'm a good children's librarian. I know I can do well as a branch manager. I just don't know that I'll love it like I do this. But then, I also know that eventually I'll get tired of the children's thing and wish I could move up. I guess I'll just see what happens and if I don't get it, it's ok. Because like I said, I love what I do. The extra money would be nice, though.

Morning peeps....

Holly I can identify with your ambivalence. I

Back in the day I was a bank teller. Took a promotion to head teller....which was ok. The extra pay was good. But then I made a mistake and accepted the position as head of the commercial loan department. Pay was fantastic but the stress wasn't worth it. I resigned within six months.

If it's mean to be, it will happen, I'm sure. The extra pay, esp when you have kids, is so important. I wish you good luck, whatever path you take!

Good morning!  It's cool now, but it's supposed to hit 80* or a little higher today.  Not a cloud in the sky and beautiful.  I slept for 10 hours last night without any trouble.   :lol   Between all the exercise yesterday and no sleep the night before it was easy.  It feels really good to have gotten the packing and sorting really started with lots of visible results.  And now that I'm started it will be that much easier to keep going at it.   :)

Elaine, one of my sisters-in-law, was going to hold a big get-together for Christmas last year which has been delayed multiple times.  Since I'm moving up to Iowa the end of July she sent out an email to everyone suggesting the new date be after I get up there, and it met with unanimous agreement.  It will be the end of August, which gives me some time to get started settling in and an opportunity to see everyone soon after getting up there.  I'm excited.   :D

A quick hello....

Linda, it sounds like you're coming along with your packing. What does Sweet Pea think of everything? I hope the bank moves along quickly on the money!

As long as I'm here, Sweet Pea is fine with whatever is going on.

I hope it doesn't take as long as they are saying it could to get the money back, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.  One good thing is that if it does take 90 days, it will mean that I will have some extra cash right after the move, which could be a really good thing.

I just frogged several rows of the Lucy pillow....as in her pictures, many of my rows came out wonky. I didn't like the look of the long stitches sitting where they were, so, riiiiip-it......I should have brought down the frog I was gifted so I had company....lol! It was where I put the first stitch in some rows that messed up the look. I really should look at my so called simple patterns more carefully as I work them.

Have a good night everyone.

I hate it when the "easy" patterns end up being the ones that take the most attention.  Sorry you've have to visit the frog pond so often with this one.

Hope that everyone has a good day.

Holly ~ Hoping that whatever is best for you will happen with the job.  Extra money is nice, but the joy of doing something you love can out way that in the long run.  Glad that Wayne is continuing to improve.

Good morning ladies. Sun is shining here after a night of loud thunder and heavy rain. I didn't sleep too badly despite the noise, but I woke up quite a few times.

Judy, I had that same frogging problem with an easy afghan pattern. Everything was fine for about a foot and then I began losing stitches. Of course I didn't notice and then I got bored with it and ignored it for a few months. When I picked it up again, I counted stitches and I was 6 stitches short of what I was supposed to have. I put it away again!

Linda, I think packing would be a daunting task. It's good you've started already. It's also great that you have a family occasion to look forward to, after you get settled in.

Holly, I hope you get a manager position. As Judy says, extra money is always welcome when you are bringing up children.

Marlene, I've seen that rainbow blanket made up and it's really pretty. I've never seen the rest of the set though. Might have to go hunting on Ravelry for it.

My car is in the shop, so I'm sort of stuck at home. I don't like driving Dh's car much. Guess I'll do laundry or something. Dd #2 invited us for dinner tonight. She's hoping that her dad can fix her garage door opener. Dh thinks she will have to buy a new one.

Good evening, everyone. :)   I've just read through all your posts.  I won't bore you with too many details...but I've put a lot of miles on my car lately. ;)

Michael is still in the hospital in Dallas and they're not saying when he'll be released.  We do know he will be going to a nursing facility, which Sue and I are researching now.  That and so much more...I miss you guys and my hook and yarn, too!

We're supposed to meet with the lawyer at 10 tomorrow - they are already predicting severe weather, so we'll see.

Everyone take care and I hope you are all okay! ♥♥♥

Good morning

Mary. Safe travels today. You sure have a lot on your plate and hope you get a little me time soon

Marlene. That's a pretty blanket. It's been in my favs on ravelry for quite a while

Linda. Sounds like things are looking up with your upcoming move. Hope the banking situation is straightened out sooner rather than later.

Cindy. I always feel trapped when my car is in the shop and I'm forced to stay home. Even though I'm very happy to stay home it's the knowing I can't go out that bothers me if you know what I mean.

Holly. Glad to read the news on Wayne and I hope that the new position pans out. Extra money with kids is always a bonus i understand your ambivalence when you love what you are doing, though

Judy. Don't think your rangers are going any farther in the playoffs. But at least the Yankees won and Jeter had his first homer of the year

Have a good day everyone. I'd better get a move on here

Good morning ladies. It's nice and sunny here this morning. It's supposed to hit 80 today.

I'm not sure that I will do much productive today. I got a nasty cut on my right index finger yesterday and it's quite painful. It was a careless accident involving food and a knife. It took me hours to get it to stop bleeding, but this morning the bandaid is still dry. My finger really hurts, but it's not even very swollen, so hopefully it's going to heal okay. I teach a class all day tomorrow, and then don't work until Monday, so that will give the wound some time to heal before I go back to washing my hands every ten minutes.

Joanne, I got my car back already, $600 later. I'm sort of surprised that dh didn't suggest just getting rid of it and buying another one, since it's 15 years old. Every once in a while, I point out how far the cost of once a year repairs would go in terms of monthly car payments. (Me: if I drive it for only three more months, it's worth it, payments on a new car would be more.). It only has 120,000 miles on it and it runs just as well as it ever did. Of course, now that I have my car back, I don't want to go anywhere.

Mary, hope you get a break from the busyness soon, and that the lawyers visit goes well.

Morning, peeps!

Cindy, i hope you heal fast! I always use neosporin when I get a cut on my hands. I'm a slow healer, but that speeds it up for me.

I only have 85000 miles on my Toyota matrix. It's an 05 and I live the way it handles and can carry so much in the back if we need it. We just put a couple of hundred into it, but like you, are waiting for sometime down the road to replace it.

Joanne, I just hope the Rangers misery is over soon. The schedule hasn't helped, but we do consider it a victory in that they beat Philadelphia in round one :). I saw Jeter's homer....no cheap one, either! I hope he continues hitting well.

Good morning!!!! TGIF!!!!

Hope u all have a good day. Going out to dinner after work with some friends and I'm looking forward to that. Nice way to end the work week!!!!

Good morning ladies. I'm ready for work, but I'm a bit early, so thought I'd do a quick check in. It rained overnight here, and it's really sticky. Hopefully it will be back to springlike temperatures today. I'm not quite ready for summer.

My finger feels a bit better this morning. I still have to re bandage it so I don't know what it looks like.

Joanne, have fun at dinner. It is a nice way to end the work week.

Have a great day.

Morning, peeps.

Cindy, I hope your finger is healing....we are expecting about 80 degrees on Sunday....I am so not ready to go from having the heat on in the house to turning on the air conditioning.

Joanne, enjoy your dinner out!

Today is a quick run to the food store then I have a hair appointment.

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, How nice of your family to wait for you to move to have the family get together. 

Cindy, Hope your finger heals up quickly. 

Joanne, Enjoy your dinner tonight with your friends. 

Mary, Hope things lighten up for you real soon. Don't forget to take care of you to.

Holly, I understand your loving your job. I was a waitress for 11 years in the same restaurant. It was a small mom and pop type restaurant. I had one boss Mickey for 8 years. I loved my job! I also found out what it was like to run the place as if I owned it as my boss found out he had cancer 6 months after he bought the place. His mother and I ran the place together twice as five years later they found another cancer. When Mickey decided to sell my husband thought about buying it for me, but he knew how much I loved job(s) that he would never get me out of there and he wanted to retire soon and travel. So we didn't buy it.  

Judy, How's the pillow going now?

I got some crocheting done while waiting for hubby at the dentist. I'm not using all the colors that the rainbow pattern calls for as its for a boy and DD didn't think I should. So I've played around with the blue, green, yellow and white yarns to find the right look. I'm going with 2 yellow, 1 white, 2 green, 1 white, 2 blue, then follow with the pattern in white. 

My cousins didn't come up for Mother's Day as the Eagle's club isn't having there mother/daughter banquet this year. 

Need to get some stuff done around here. Have a nice day everyone!

Marlene, I'm on the fourth or seven repeats for the pillow cover. Doesn't look like I'll have to frog any more rows...lol!

Your blanket sounds like it's going to be beautiful!

Woohoo!  2 days in one week :clap  I just breezed through the posts though, I've missed you ladies as well.  I need to get myself back into a routine so I can keep up better.

I have my last patient on the therapy bed now and have some paperwork to finish up before I leave.  Then heading over to a friends house to watch a movie and crochet :)  Tomorrow I'll head over to a crochet group over at a Panera, it's the local Crochet Guild chapter.  Wonderful group of ladies and 1 guy.  They always admire my Crochetville bag that Mary Jo made, and how could you not....each one is just gorgeous!

I feel like there's something going on Sunday, but cannot think right now.  In the evening I'll be babysitting for the neighbors :bounce

Well, gotta run so I don't end up here all night.....Crochetville really needs to get an app, it would be so much easier for me to check in.....

Good morning

Had a nice dinner last night. It was a relaxing evening and great to see some old friends

Today it's the usual sat morning routine. Tomorrow we r going it Rutgers gardens and like Judy mentioned it's supposed to be sunny and 80. At least there is lots of shade there.

Time to refill the coffee and get moving here

Have a good day!!!!

Archived