Our House Part Two

HI all,

Had a busy day at work, which was what I expected after being off the end of last week. Got a lot accomplished though and left on time. It's getting cold here with snow in the forecast for Thursday. DD texted me last night- she is home safe and sound.

I need to get some new 'unmentionables' as well. When I was shopping with DD last Friday, I probably could have gotten some, but felt it better to do that kind of shopping alone. LOL

Judy- I must have missed it- where are you going in March? I put in for a week vacation the week after Easter- I think I'm heading to Boston then as well as visit my cousin in NH. I am carrying over 3 wks vacation into next year so on top of the 4 weeks I get, I'll have 7 weeks off!

Marlene- Glad to hear you made it to TX and are settling in. I would have left the restaurant too--but not sure I would have waited 45 minutes to do so. At least DH wouldn't have!  Have fun learning new things for the computer!

Mary- Hope all went well with DH's appointments today!

Val- that was nice of your sis to do some grilling for you! Hope you find a car soon!

Linda- That sounds like it's going to be so pretty when you are done with it. Agree with Cindy- a pain that they are fixing the roof, but the alternative is so much worse!

Hi to everyone I may have missed--off to grab a quick bite and then it's time for craft club!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Cindy, I cracked up when I read your comment of buying unmentionables on Amazon if they carried them!!! You're too funny!

Marlene, that was a very bad experience - glad you up and left! You were more patient than we would have been!

Linda, all that noise would send my pups off the deep end! I hope it's done quickly!

Joanne, My goddaughter is studying classical voice in Strausburg (sp?) France for her Spring semester with Syracuse. Several months ago her mom asked if I wanted to go to see Alyson in March for a few days - and stop in Paris for at least a day and a half.They travel alot, and she can give me the Cliff Notes tour of Paris... It's going to be a blast! I have never been to Europe.

Judy that trip to France sounds like so much fun!

They were done with the roof work in 4 1/2 - 5 hours and it's pretty much all picked up too, which is nice.

I went and did it!  I signed up for a drawing class at Hobby Lobby that starts next Monday.  Talked to the instructor tonight and am now very excited about it.  I'll need to pick up a few things but also have quite a bit of what's needed.  She sounds so nice and super encouraging, which is exactly what I need at this point.  We'll see how this class goes and then maybe take another one.  Her painting classes sound good too.  I'm going to go with one at a time for now.

Got air in my tire when I was out this afternoon.  It was going flat on Saturday.  I need new tires, so if the infusion of air doesn't hold then it's time to get that taken care of tomorrow if possible.  Also went to the bank and to Goodwill.  Got a book, a stuffed mouse wearing overalls, and knife block.

My unmentionables come from Walmart, although I wasn't paying close attention to what I was grabbing and didn't get my usuals the last time I was there.  They'll do, just not my normal items.   :lol

I'm really happy with the way this one is turning out, on the Celtic Knot Shawl.  It's been a long time since I've made one and I really like doing it again.  The knitted shawl is about 12 inches long now and as long as I pay attention to the stitch markers I'm not having any more trouble with the pattern.  Yay!   :clap   It's just slow going on it.

• Like 1

????

☕~ Evening House......

Whew .... Been busy crocheting! :whew

The drive here to Florida I was busy making 3 Christmas stockings for my boys. ????

Then while here I've made an infinity scarf .... One of two Comfort'ghans .... And a boutique hand bag.

I'm now working on the second Comfort'ghan.

All this beautiful time of crocheting has really got me to realize that I'm more unhappy working outside the home that I thought! It's been so stressful lately at work. It's not what it use to be. I've been giving serious thought to quitting...and having this time off has been so wonderful! It's going to be hard to go back to work!

Anyway.... Back to doing what I love....crocheting! ????

One Comfort'ghan......

post-18634-0-53694800-1388470046_thumb.jpg

Boutique hand bag........

post-18634-0-78611000-1388470297_thumb.jpg

Second Comfort'ghan.......

post-18634-0-39921700-1388470424_thumb.jpg

????

• Like 1

Good morning everyone. It's freezing here and we seem to have picked up a few inches of new snow overnight. Oh well, I have no place to go, so I guess I can deal with it. It's supposed to snow quite a bit tonight again, just in time for me to drive to work in it.

Well be staying home this evening since I have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow. Actually, we don't often stay up til midnight anymore, since I frequently work on New Years Day. We are going to DD's for dinner tomorrow, and I volunteered to bring dessert, so I will have to make that today. I want to bring treats to work too, so I'll make that today as well. I also want to find a pattern to try out with my alpaca yarn. I'm thinking of trying a knitted cowl, maybe even in the round. I wonder if it's possible to knit in the round on a circular needle. That would solve my issue of the dpns falling out of the project.

Tam, your work is gorgeous! I especially like that top afghan, the one that looks like an unusual granny square based pattern.

Well, second cup of coffee nearly finished, better get going on the daily chores.........

Edited by Gardener

Tam - your work is beautiful!!  I totally understand about stressful work!!  If I could quit, I would.  Give it some thought and decide what's best for you and your family.

Cindy - sorry you have snow.  We just have cold here now.  At least for now, there's a chance of some snow but hopefully it will stay up north!!!  I don't knit anymore, and I don't ever remember using the circular needles, so I can't help you there.  Enjoy your day!

Linda - the class sounds like fun!  I hope you enjoy it! 

Joanne - Glad your work isn't as stressful!  Wow!!  7 weeks of vacation!!  Enjoy all that time off!  I get 2 weeks of vacation (which I'm patiently waiting for March to get here--may take Spring Break off and be with my grandsons but we'll see). 

Marlene - sorry about your travel problems but glad you made it ok to TX.

Mary - hope things are going well for your and yours. 

I'm off today and tomorrow!!  Yea!!  Yesterday was a very busy and stressful day, hoping that the rest of the work week will be quieter.  DH and I are going to go to Panera Bread (we have a gift card) and then to HL to spend my gift card!!  ILTY is on sale!!  I'm thinking of making "Not Your Granny's Sweater #1" to wear at work.  We'll be watching the Bowl games. 

Missy Snuggles didn't have her surgery yesterday, they had an emergency surgery and put hers off until today  (I'm sure she's going to be very, very mad at us since she's having to stay longer).  So the surgery is sometime today--the vet is normally off today but he's coming in to do her surgery.  So I'll let you all know when we find out she's doing.  Our house was very, very quiet with out her.   Have a great day all!!

Good morning!  

Tammy, those are all so beautiful.  Working full time at something that is stressful isn't always worth it.  I'll keep you in my prayers as you search for what is right for you.  You are such a gifted crocheter.  Not having time for it is maybe not the right choice.  You will figure it out.   :hug

Cindy, I don't see why you couldn't make a circular scarf on circular needles.  It sounds like a great idea to me.

Wishing Missy Snuggles a successful surgery and a swift recovery.   :hug

I've got a cold so taking things easy is definitely on the menu for today.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, The jacket for DGS was a neat idea. I would think you could knit in the round with the circular needles. You would just mark the first st. I'm not much of a knitter but that would be how I would do it. Can't wait to see what you make out your alpaca yarn. The colors sound lovely.

Linda, Glad you were able to come close to matching yarns for your Grandmothers afghan. You have a nack for repairing very delicate stuff. Hope you don't have to suffer with both the cold and your pain. I hope the doctor was just testing it out. I also hope the new class is just what your looking for. It should be exciting.

Judy, Your trip to France will be a grand time. I think I brought the yarn to make a shawl. But have to finish a couple of patterns first. A walk out with both dogs at the same time was certainly a workout. 

Tam, Prayers for a speedy recovery for Michael. Your projects are beautiful. I love the afghans your making. I'm sure you'll make the right decision on working at the school or else where. I'm sure with your great personality the kids love you.

Joanne, What a great gift to the boys from DD. How wonderful to have some time off to spend with all your girls. You certainly deserve those extra 3 weeks vacation. You worked really hard last year. It's nice that you can roll them over. 

Sherry, I'm glad the DD and the GS love there afghans. Prayers said for Miss Snuggles surgery and recovery all go fine. Can share where you got the potholders and the owl stuffy at. I'm thinking about making me some owl stuff. Enjoy your shopping trip to HL. 

Val, Good luck with the car shopping. How nice of your sister to think about you and your other sister and grill for you guys. 

Holly, What is on your hooks? I have to find a button for DD's headband and get that in the mail to her. I have a couple of baby blankets to make.

Mary, Wasn't DH last day of work this week? 

I couldn't get into are house last night. I could get on the ville and seeking patterns but after that I couldn't get into anything else. Don't know what the problem was but it is fixed this morning. It's taken me a couple of hours to read back and type this off as I made deviled eggs, egg salad and I made breakfast. It's going to take me a little while to get use to this gas stove. I have electric at home. I set the plastic spatula leaning on the edge of the frying pan and burnt it. Yesterday 3 of us ladies did the prepping for the soups for New Years Day so we don't have to do anything today. We have a New Years Eve party here tonight with a band. If we were home we wouldn't be going out so I'm looking forward to it. Not sure how long we will stay as hubby a cold. Hope everyone is enjoying there day.

Good afternoon housemates!

Mary - sounds like you and I have the same job.  I spent most of yesterday in the car.  I've just gotten home from today's early start.  I have to pick up my nephew in about 15 minutes.  However, I'll not have to go back out today.  I hope you get a chance to get in some crocheting time.

I found the perfect car...only to find out that someone was inside signing the papers for it.  Oh well!  Back to the drawing board.

My sister outdid herself on the grilling.  She grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, sausages, pork chops, ribs. wingettes and Boston butt.  We have enough food to last 2 weeks or more. 

Tam - your "Drop in the Pond" ghan is beautiful.  I have that on my "to do" list.  I hope you find a job that makes you happy.

Judy - wow, a trip to France.  I'm so happy for you!  Will DH be able to handle Lucy while you're gone?

Joanne - 7 weeks...good for you.  Glad you were able to get caught up at work and leave on time as well.

Marlene - so sorry you had a bad experience on your way to Texas.  Enjoy your party tonight.

Sherry - hope all is well with Ms. Snuggles' surgery today.  Glad you had a chance to be off today.

Linda - looking forward to seeing pictures of your shawl.  I think we're getting more rain after tomorrow.

Cindy - WTG on your shopping.

Well, I'm off to get ready to pick up my nephew.  I'll spend the rest of the afternoon/evening hooking.

HAPPY NEW YEAR HOUSEMATES!!!!  :mdust  :party :party :party  :mdust

Good morning everyone. It's freezing here and we seem to have picked up a few inches of new snow overnight. Oh well, I have no place to go, so I guess I can deal with it. It's supposed to snow quite a bit tonight again, just in time for me to drive to work in it.

Well be staying home this evening since I have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow. Actually, we don't often stay up til midnight anymore, since I frequently work on New Years Day. We are going to DD's for dinner tomorrow, and I volunteered to bring dessert, so I will have to make that today. I want to bring treats to work too, so I'll make that today as well. I also want to find a pattern to try out with my alpaca yarn. I'm thinking of trying a knitted cowl, maybe even in the round. I wonder if it's possible to knit in the round on a circular needle. That would solve my issue of the dpns falling out of the project.

Tam, your work is gorgeous! I especially like that top afghan, the one that looks like an unusual granny square based pattern.

Well, second cup of coffee nearly finished, better get going on the daily chores.........

Check this out......

Knitted in the round....circular needles.....

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/honey-cowl

Thanks for the compliment!

That's one of my favorite patterns! ????

Happy New Year's Eve! 

Judy ~ What exciting news!  I see clothes shopping in your future. :D

Holly ~ Your afghan sounds lovely and your color description sounds perfect for your living area! :yes

Tammy ~ Beautiful work as always! :clap   The purse is a great size and the afghans are gorgeous.  How long will you be in Florida?

Valerie ~ Delicious sounding food from your sister!   'Hope you find your car soon - sorry about missing out on one.  Yep, for someone who really doesn't enjoy driving, I sure do a lot more of it now. :lol   I'm so thankful that DH agreed to give it up on his own, though!  Enjoy your crochet time.

Marlene ~ You are already 'full speed ahead' at the coast!  Your New Year's Eve and Day plans sound great.  How did Miss Daisy do on the trip?  DH is officially unemployed as of today.  He woke up with a terrible cold this a.m. - so both our DH's need chicken soup. ;)

Sherry ~ Sending hugs and good thoughts for Missy Snuggles.  She will be very happy to come home again. :manyheart  We love Panera's - great food!  Have fun at HL - let us know what yarn you got!

Cindy ~ Clothes shopping wears me out, too. :lol   I need some things and really need to go...it's much more fun to buy yarn!

Linda ~ Can't wait to see your shawl!  Good for you for signing up for the drawing class. :cheer   Both of my sisters are talented that way...not me!

Joanne ~ How was craft club last night?  Ryan and Robbie sound so cute.   We've only kept both boys overnight once - it's interesting at their ages, isn't it? :lol  

I have chicken stewing to make my chicken noodle soup.  That and crocheting are my plans for this afternoon.

☕~ Afternoon everyone......

Thanks so much for all the compliments on my work and advice about my job! :hug

I think I've decided to quit.....the only thing I haven't decided about is whether or not to finish out the school year?

Whoa.... Check you out Sherry! Coupons and gift cards! You rock! ???? I sure hope you have a great time tomorrow! Praying for your Missy Snuggles! ????

Oh Linda ....feel better fast my dear!????

Have a fabulous time Marlene!! We're just hanging here with the boys....going to toast in the New Year with a couple bottles of sparkling cider! ????

Hey there Valerie! Good to see you my dear! Have a grand New Years! ????

????

Happy New Year's Eve! 

Judy ~ What exciting news!  I see clothes shopping in your future. :D

Holly ~ Your afghan sounds lovely and your color description sounds perfect for your living area! :yes

Tammy ~ Beautiful work as always! :clap   The purse is a great size and the afghans are gorgeous.  How long will you be in Florida?

Valerie ~ Delicious sounding food from your sister!   'Hope you find your car soon - sorry about missing out on one.  Yep, for someone who really doesn't enjoy driving, I sure do a lot more of it now. :lol   I'm so thankful that DH agreed to give it up on his own, though!  Enjoy your crochet time.

Marlene ~ You are already 'full speed ahead' at the coast!  Your New Year's Eve and Day plans sound great.  How did Miss Daisy do on the trip?  DH is officially unemployed as of today.  He woke up with a terrible cold this a.m. - so both our DH's need chicken soup. ;)

Sherry ~ Sending hugs and good thoughts for Missy Snuggles.  She will be very happy to come home again. :manyheart  We love Panera's - great food!  Have fun at HL - let us know what yarn you got!

Cindy ~ Clothes shopping wears me out, too. :lol   I need some things and really need to go...it's much more fun to buy yarn!

Linda ~ Can't wait to see your shawl!  Good for you for signing up for the drawing class. :cheer   Both of my sisters are talented that way...not me!

Joanne ~ How was craft club last night?  Ryan and Robbie sound so cute.   We've only kept both boys overnight once - it's interesting at their ages, isn't it? :lol  

I have chicken stewing to make my chicken noodle soup.  That and crocheting are my plans for this afternoon.

Hey there Mary! ????

We'll be heading out Friday afternoon.

We need to make a detour to Joplin MO to visit my uncle who just fell ill this week.

Check this out......

Knitted in the round....circular needles.....http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/honey-cowl

Thanks for the compliment!

That's one of my favorite patterns!

Thanks Tam! I'm not sure if I have enough yarn for such a dense pattern, but I may give it a try, at least the short version. My hanks don't have labels, since they came directly from the alpaca farm.

Thanks Tam! I'm not sure if I have enough yarn for such a dense pattern, but I may give it a try, at least the short version. My hanks don't have labels, since they came directly from the alpaca farm.

There are several on Ravelry....but that one caught my eye! ???? :knit

Hi ladies!

Been lurking....

Mary, funny you should mention seeing clothes shopping in my future.

I was online with LL BEAN earlier today and ordered one of those drape type cardis, comfy black pants and new sunglasses. That, with some polartec stuff I have will keep me comfy and warm. I understand that part of France is very cold and my friend and I love to walk.

Hi, again.  Went to Hobby Lobby this afternoon and got most of what I'll need for the drawing class as well as finding out where the  classroom is.  Pretty much set, I think.  Might need one more item, but will need to check with the instructor on Monday about it.  I have all the basics now.

Just having a quiet night at home.

:party  :yay Happy New Year !!!  :yay  :party

Tammy ~ Just being selfish, but we miss you here at the 'ville.  So, I vote for your leaving work asap. :hug:wink   Have a safe trip back home. :manyheart

Judy ~ LL Bean is the best!  I order from them every year..per requests for slippers, khakis and shirts for SIL and DH . :)

Linda ~ I can't wait to hear about your first class! 

Happy New Year, everyone.  We never make it 'til midnight anymore. :lol

'Morning, all. :manyheart    I hope today is a good day for everyone...and a good start to a great year!  I'm looking forward to a better one than last year. :)   

Time for me to set up my new calendar and get better organized around here!  How are you all spending New Year's Day?

Good morning and welcome to 2014!!!

Judy- I love LL bean. DD and I stopped at LL bean last Friday and she bought herself the same slippers that my youngest bought for me. They are so warm and they are fun -pink /black/gray plaid. She also got a nice sweater. I bought some handwarmers to wear under my gloves who. We go to the hockey game at Yankee stadium

Cindy- hope you have a good day at work. I bought yarm to make the honey cowl that Tammy posted. But right now I'm knitting a scarf with cables. I learned at craft club. Last night I started an afghan using homespun thick and quick.

Mary- when I woke up this morning I hung up my new calendar which has scens from the jersey shore. Hope u get some hooky time today.

Sherry- have you heard from the vet on how missy snuggles is doing? Enjoy your day off

Linda. How exciting that you are all set for your art classes!! It should be fun. My DD is going to be teaching printmaking classes at a local museum this winter.

Tammy. Happy New Years. Love the projects you posted.

Marissa. Happy New Years. Are you still seeing that guy? Wishing you the best in 2014.

Marlene. Hope you had a good new year celebration in TX

We are supposed to have a snowstorm Thursday afternoon into Friday. If we do, I've already decided I'm staying home Friday.

Today is going to be a nice lazy day. The only work I'm going to do is laundry. Was contemplating putting the decorations away but will wait for rpthe weekend to do that. I'd rather spend the day knitting crocheting and maybe a short visit with the boys. Or I may invite dd to come here with them. Ryan wasn't feeling good yesterday so we'll see

May the year bring you all good healthy good times and lots of crafty fun!!

Good Morning Ladies,

Wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

I'll be back later. We serve homemade chicken noodle and potato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches on New Years Day. Hope everyone has a great day!

⛅ Good Morning House.......

~HAPPY NEW YEAR~

Mary....you're a sweetheart .... I'm with you though....I miss being here and I'm just not working anymore! I think I'm going to ask to be put on the "sub list"

Joanne.... You have a wonderful quiet day!! We're heading out to get some souvenir shopping done. Then back here for a peaceful evening of crocheting for me!

Marlene..... Sounds yummy! Have a great day!!!

Hugs to you all :hug

????

Hi, my friends.

The day has flown by. We made another trip to the food store, I had to run to Best Buy for something and the parking lot and store were deserted. It was so nice. Took me longer to get there and back than it did for me to find what I needed!

Joanne, I love the ll bean store in freehold. A member of our book club retired from teaching remedial English at Brookdale....got bored....and works there part time. She loves it.

Last night somewhere behind our house very loud fireworks were being shot off....for over a half hour. Poor Sparkie is terrified of them and thunder. Lucy wouldn't let him come upstairs without growling and snarling at him. She owns the upstairs. He hung around me till they stopped, then we all finally got some sleep. Not really much sleep....and woke with a headache that finally disappeared after Tylenol and coffee...dragging now, but at least I know I'll be sleeping well tonight.

Hi, everyone.  Happy New Year!!  I slept way late.  I've been watching the Rose Bowl Parade while doing some other things as well.  I love the floats and horses and marching bands.  Their theme is Dreams.  Which sure fits in with what I've been exploring.

Tammy, being a sub sounds like a good compromise to working full time vs. not working.  I'm sure you're a great teacher, but there is more to life than work and it sounds like that has really been suffering with the full time job.

Poor Sparkie.  We had some fireworks going off, but they weren't very close.  And Sweet Pea doesn't seem to mind either fireworks or thunder.  She doesn't like the steam engine whistle though.  She's unhappy whenever that goes off.

Have a wonderful day and a great new year.   :ghug

I think that my afghan is almost half done. I'm going to start on a scarf for myself to match the hat I made from leftover from my girls' hats and scarfs.

I'm hoping that 2014 will be a kinder year for our family. It was a really rough year.