Our House Part Two

Good morning housemates,

Checking in before I start running.

Linda, I'm glad you found matching yarn for your grandmother's afghan.

Joanne, happy for you that you get to have your oldest with you for a while. 

Cindy, enjoy your extended holiday with family.

Well, I off to do whatever I can.

BBL!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Hi, peeps!

It was great reading what everyone did....so happy the handmade gifts were a hit!

Linda....you are getting good at mending! That has to have you so excited.....I can't imagine what it would be

Ike having something of my grandmother's that I could use.

Have a good day and stay safe on the roads

Beautiful work!!!

Good morning

Linda- glad that you finally got someone at Comcast and that you should have your tv reception back on tuesday. Kudos on the repair job!!

Marlene- Prayers for your cousin.

Finally got some pictures uploaded so here are the bulky cowls, the fingerless mitts and DH's knitted scarf. The first pic of the knitted scarf is much closer to the actual color  of the 'coffee beanz" yarn I used.

Have a good Monday, friends!

OMGosh ...how cute is that! ????

I took time away from my iPad to make a hook case for my goddaughter - the hooks I gave her I handed to her in a plastic zip lock bag I had :lol

I was gifted a crocheted case a long time ago and used that as a template. The cotton yarn I used is Peaches and Cream in Black Cherry. I used gauzy ribbon to tie it shut.

Hi House. :)   I hope everyone is having a good day.  DH is finishing up some things for work and I'm going to crochet!

Tammy ~ It's wonderful to see your posts!  Please let us know how you and your family are doing - hope all is well. :manyheart

Marlene ~ Safe travels as you drive to Texas. :yes

I too enjoyed reading how you all spent your holiday!  Now it's time to relax for a bit before the new year begins. :)   What are your plans for crocheting, knitting, or crafting? 

Tam, it's good to see you! Hope you had a good Christmas.

I spent the morning making a jacket for my youngest dgs. He is growing like a weed and at the moment he does not have a winter coat that fits him. Dd said she was waiting for the holiday rush to be over before she went shopping for a new one. The outside of the jacket is made from a reclaimed felted wool sweater, and the inside is fleece. It should be nice and warm. I still have to tack down the lining and figure out some sort of closure for it. I don't think that I will be able to make buttonholes in it, as I'd have to make them through two layers of wool, plus a layer of heavy fleec

post-6189-0-85063700-1388088605_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gardener

Hi House. :) I hope everyone is having a good day. DH is finishing up some things for work and I'm going to crochet!

Tammy ~ It's wonderful to see your posts! Please let us know how you and your family are doing - hope all is well. :manyheart ~ thanks dear! We're having a lovely Christmas in Florida!~

Marlene ~ Safe travels as you drive to Texas. :yes

I too enjoyed reading how you all spent your holiday! Now it's time to relax for a bit before the new year begins. :) What are your plans for crocheting, knitting, or crafting?

Tam, it's good to see you! Hope you had a good Christmas. ~ thanks so much! We've had a great Christmas! Having a fun vacation in Florida ????~

I spent the morning making a jacket for my youngest dgs. He is growing like a weed and at the moment he does not have a winter coat that fits him. Dd said she was waiting for the holiday rush to be over before she went shopping for a new one. The outside of the jacket is made from a reclaimed felted wool sweater, and the inside is fleece. It should be nice and warm. I still have to tack down the lining and figure out some sort of closure for it. I don't think that I will be able to make buttonholes in it, as I'd have to make them through two layers of wool, plus a layer of heavy fleecattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cindy, what a wonderful idea for a jacket!

{That is a cool jacket!!!}

????So good to see you all!! ☕

Edited by teakaycee

Cindy, that's a great looking jacket.  Great idea.

Tammy, it's nice to see you here again.  How is everyone?  Hope that life is treating you well.

Work was quiet today.  A couple of good sales, but mostly very quiet.

????☕

Evening my friends...... Miss you guys!!!

Whew......busy busy busy!

How are you all? I'm good....crocheting a lot!

I have been actually been filling lots of 'orders'.....

Here are just a few orders......

post-18634-0-72425300-1388110305_thumb.jpg

Boot cuffs...

post-18634-0-78054200-1388110331_thumb.jpg

post-18634-0-49118300-1388110346_thumb.jpg

Infinity Scarf

post-18634-0-21555500-1388110366_thumb.jpg

Slippers

post-18634-0-46595100-1388110383_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Good morning,

We had a nice relaxing day yesterday. We all slept in--haven't done that in a long time. Then had a nice leisurely breakfast. DD and I baked choc chip cookies and then headed over to DD's to visit with her and the boys. We all went for a nice walk- and although it was cold, it felt wonderful to be outside in the sunshine (and getting some exercise). My Dd's baked an apple crumb cake (YUM) while I played with the boys when we got back from our walk. After the boys were in bed, we perused the millions (lol) of DD's pictures and put together collage prints for all of us. They'll be ready for pick up today so DD and I will go out later to pick up some picture frames for them.

Tam- Good to hear from you and I saw on FB that you are spending Christmas in FL! How fun. Also saw that poor Michael has relapsed so prayers being said for him. Nice projects, by the way!

Mary- Did you get some crocheting time done yesterday?

Linda- I'm happy that you were able to find something that is going to work to repair that afghan! You definitely have a niche for that sort of thing!

Cindy- Stay safe in all that ice/cold/snow. Hopefully you still have your power. Enjoy your Christmas celebration!

Marlene- Hope this finds you safely in TX-or at least pretty close!

Judy- If you get "the suburban' there is a 15% off coupon at Moore Yarn. Not to enable or anything! LOL I'll be using it with some of the $ DH gave me for Christmas.

Val- Any luck with the car shopping?

Marisa- Hope you and your family had a wonderful time--by the looks of the pics on FB- I'd say you did!

Well, DD is still sleeping and DH has gone off to work, so I think i'll use the quiet time to do a little reading- or searching for books for my Nook since I have a BN gift card!

Have a wonderful day  everyone!

⛅☕Good morning kids......

Hope you all slept well!

So good to see you all!! I tell ya ...with having a job now ...it's tough to focus on more than one thing on the Internet ....so spending time in groups and such is gone! ????

Thanks Cindy for the compliment!????

Valerie.... I have the green boot cuff pattern almost written .... I'll share when I'm done! ????

Joanne..... So good to be posting here .... I miss all the ladies here in this group!

Yep....we're in Florida for Christmas! It's awesome! ☀????

Yes ....my sweet Michael has relapsed again.... :sigh Thank you for you prayers....it means a great deal to me!????

Bought myself an early Christmas present before we left ....brought it with us and have been loving it....so have my boys!

post-18634-0-66136900-1388152000_thumb.jpg

Well.... Off to get another cup and crochet while the boys are still being bums! ????

Catch up more in a while! ????

????

Tam---I love my Keurig. Have had it about three years I think.

Cindy. I forgot to comment on how cool that jacket is you made for your grandson!!!' I love it!!

Edited by imanurse55

Tam---I love my Keurig. Have had it about three years I think.

Cindy. I forgot to comment on how cool that jacket is you made for your grandson!!!' I love it!!

I'm lovin' the silly thing! And the boys are having so much fun trying all the fun favors of teas...cocoas and lemonade! ????

????

Good morning housemates!

Joanne - I haven't found the car yet.  Still looking.  It's so good to know that you're getting to spend time with your girls.

Tam - Thanks you in advance.  Florida sounds so good at this time.

Have a great day everybody!

'morning ladies!!

Joanne, I do't get the Suburban...so no coupon. I still has odds and ends of stash to use up plus 2 shawl patterns I want to make for me....which, of course, got put in a bag and forgotten about.

Tam, I've toyed with getting the Keurig for myself - DH hardly ever drinks coffee. May have to keep my eyes open for sales (I also have a pile of coupons for Bed Bath and Beyond).

Have a great day, ladies - I'm cooling down now after walking both pups. At the same time.

To say it was a brisk walk is an understatement :lol :lol :lol

• Like 1

'morning ladies!!

Joanne, I do't get the Suburban...so no coupon. I still has odds and ends of stash to use up plus 2 shawl patterns I want to make for me....which, of course, got put in a bag and forgotten about.

Tam, I've toyed with getting the Keurig for myself - DH hardly ever drinks coffee. May have to keep my eyes open for sales (I also have a pile of coupons for Bed Bath and Beyond).

Have a great day, ladies - I'm cooling down now after walking both pups. At the same time.

To say it was a brisk walk is an understatement :lol :lol :lol

I myself wasn't real sure about owning a Keurig.... Because I'm a heavy coffee drinker and wondered if a single cup machine would be a good thing.

But............ It is actually the best thing ever! Each cup takes seconds to brew and they are fresh! The rest of my family can enjoy cocoa...hot apple cider....iced tea in plain or flavors ....all in seconds!

????

• Like 1

I slept late today catching up for a lot of lost sleep in the last week or so.  It's better this afternoon temperaturewise.  This recent weather has been bothering my arthritis big time.

Tammy, I'm so sad that Michael is having trouble again.  Will keep him in my prayers.  Lovely crochet things!

Joanne, have fun with all the girls home.

Take care everyone.   :ghug

I slept late today catching up for a lot of lost sleep in the last week or so.  It's better this afternoon temperaturewise.  This recent weather has been bothering my arthritis big time.

Tammy, I'm so sad that Michael is having trouble again.  Will keep him in my prayers.  Lovely crochet things!

Joanne, have fun with all the girls home.

Take care everyone.   :ghug

Ooh.... Good deal on getting some needed rest!????

I'm sorry to hear you've been hurting ..... Arthritis can be so painful! :hug

Thank you dear for your prayers!! I so very much appreciate them!????

Thanks for the compliment too!

????

????

☕ ~ Good morning House.........

Hope everyone slept or is sleeping well!

Today is suppose to be warm and sunny... :sun ..... So we will be heading to the beach to play! ????

The boys have been enjoying our pool in the meantime.....

post-18634-0-82788400-1388226155_thumb.jpg

Got a question for you ladies.....

Do you find that your crocheting is a way of communication sometimes?

For instance.... When a friend has a baby... You make a blanket to say 'congratulations'

Or when a friend is sad ...you make a scarf or something to cheer them up.

Or when someone is sick....you make a prayer blanket to say....'get well soon'

Or when there is a death you make a Comfort'ghan to just say how sorry you are when words just won't help at the time.

I know for me.....it's how I communicate my feelings.

I just feel so blessed to have been given this gift of crocheting.

Well.... Speaking of crocheting.... I have two comfort'ghans to make for a couple of families who lost their beautiful daughters in a car accident earlier this week. ????

So... Off to get a fresh cup of coffee and get back to work on these blankets.

Catch up more later!

????

Morning ladies!

Oh, yes, Tam. I do communicate through crochet. At DHs suggestion I also add names or initials or think of some other way to personalize it if possible.

Enjoy the beach!

Good morning,

Yesterday, DD and I went to the Apple Store and initially told her because of the holiday rush it may take 2 days  to have it fixed. She explained that she was from Boston and needed to use her computer- they fixed it in a hour!  It was the battery that was dead- and since she had warranty it was free to replace! She's a happy girl- We also did a little shopping and although she didn't find a skirt she wanted she did find a pair of pants, and a few shirts. We went to B&N and I used my gift card to buy a book on knitting socks two at a time- (my goal is to learn how to knit socks) and also bought a calendar that features scenes from the Jersey Shore.

DH took us out to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. I'd never had Vietnamese food before and it was really good. DD really enjoyed it too!

We are babysitting the boys later on today/overnight! Oh, I made a chunky cowl last night for my DD's room-mate. Just have to weave in ends-which I am going to do now.  That, and get a cup of coffee!!

Have a great Saturday!