Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good Evening!  It's been a busy day today.  Will try to get a pic of the owls downloaded so I can show them off.  Got 4 towel toppers done, only 4 or 5 more to do.  I have to get some buttons, looked a couple of places tonight but they didn't have any.  So I'll have to try again tomorrow to get some.  I really want them done by tomorrow night.  Now my sink is backed up, ugh!!  We're trying a few things and hoping it will work to get us by for the holiday. 

Joanne - be safe in all that snow!!!  We're supposed to get "freezing rain" and then snow.  Just would like to have snow but that rarely happens here.

Marlene, hope your DH does well in his procedure tomorrow.  Prayers for you.

Cindy - Hope you can get what you need soon. 

Linda - Glad the TV is fixed!! 

Well, I'd better get ready to watch the news--trying to decide if I need to tell my DS and DIL not to come this weekend with all the winter storm warnings we are getting.  Everyone have a safe evening and stay warm!  Hugs to all!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning, House. :)  

Marlene ~ Thinking of you all as your DH has his procedure today. :hug   Have a safe trip!

Joanne ~ Wonderful finished projects!  :clap   Thanks for sharing pictures. :)

Cindy ~ Wow...it sounds like you'll definitely have a white Christmas!

Linda ~ Yay for Comcast finally getting your reception problems corrected!  I still haven't wrapped anything, but it will get done. ;)

Hi to the rest of my friends, too. :manyheart   It's been a busy week so far and I'm ready for some crochet time. :yes   Back to the dentist to have a filling replaced today - and I will take DH to a meeting on my way. 

Have a great morning, everyone.♥♥♥

Good morning. For once it's not snowing here, although it is cold and gloomy. It's supposed to warm up a bit over the next few days, but there is at least a foot of snow on the ground,so I doubt it will all melt by Christmas. Also there is freezing rain in tomorrow's forecast. Luckily, I don't have anyplace to go.

Marlene, hope hubby's procedure goes well today, and the results are good.

Mary, yuck, the dentist. Every time I go to the dentist I am reminded of a poem by Ogden Nash that begins:

Some tortures are physical and some are mental,

But the one that is both is dental!

I shared it with my dentist once. I don't think he was overly amused. (I know the dentist very well)

Sherry, seems like something always comes up. Hope you can get the sink working. Looking forward to seeing your owls. And yes, finally the rest of my gifts arrived. I plan to get them wrapped this morning. I've even stuffed the stockings, but I have them hidden in case one or more of the grandsons gets over here this week.

Linda, glad you got your tv issues fixed finally. Just in time for the last of the Christmas shows.

Hi to everyone else. Have a good day.

Mary, yuck, the dentist. Every time I go to the dentist I am reminded of a poem by Ogden Nash that begins:

Some tortures are physical and some are mental,

But the one that is both is dental!

I shared it with my dentist once. I don't think he was overly amused. (I know the dentist very well)

:lol  Oh, thank you for this...I needed a good laugh this morning. :D

morning ladies!

Cindy, that was a great quote!!

Mary, good luck at the dentist.

Marlene, thinking of your DH this morning.....

Sherry, running your life around the weather forecast is a pain! Around here the NY stations get our weather wrong a lot....we have a temperate climate because we're not far from the ocean, but a bit inland it's another world! We're getting tired of the Armageddon forecasts!

Have a good day peeps!  Our friends are coming over to visit and share a meal - out. I never cook when they come over and when we visit them, unless it's a party with BBQ, we eat out too :lol

Good morning housemates!

Joanne - I'm currently working on the heartwarming afghan I did a year ago for a lady in Alabama.  I got a order for 2 here in Georgia.

Mary - Hope the dentist visit proves less painful.

Marlene - Praying for you and Hubby as he has the procedure done.  Hope you were able to get your glasses.  Praying for safe travels.

Linda - Glad Comcast got the job done.

Judy - Enjoy your time with your friends.

Cindy - Glad you got the rest of your gifts and that you don't have to go out.

Thinking of you Marisa and Sherry.

Good morning.  Today is my first day back at work since getting sick last week.  I'm looking forward to it.  Two things this last week has done is to make me appreciate my bosses even more and to realize just how much I enjoy working there.

Marlene, wishing your hubby a successful procedure today and hoping for some answers, too.

More later.

Good afternoon housemates! :hi

Well, I'm finally feeling better :)  It was a busy weekend, my dad came in on Sunday and stayed until Tuesday to help move my new chiropractic table from the lady that retired this weekend AND, I've already gotten 2 of her patients and a 3rd scheduled for after the new year :clap

I just breezed through the posts, but many of you asked about my date and it went well.  I kinda like this one...but, am always skeptical :blush  We've been out several times now and I think we feel very comfortable with each other.  I feel like we joke around or 'pick' on each other like we've known one another for quite a while :think  Lost a couple points on Monday when he overslept after offering to help move the table, but did come when he got up and helped with everything else we had to do in the office so I guess that gave some redeeming points back.  But of course, I might've layed it on a bit thick :rofl

Joanne - Beautiful projects!

Judy - Happy belated birthday! :birthday

I have a question.  I rarely mix types of yarn--cotton and worsted weight acrylic--but I am in a dilemma.  I'm making a hat for a little girl and its a polar bear.  Hat is doubled strands ILTY (white) and of course, the bear's nose begins with black in a single strand.  My problem is I have NO black except for ILTC--the nose is only 2 rounds.  Do you think I can get by using the cotton for the nose (I'm sure it will eventually have to be washed as the hat is all white)?????  I look forward to your replies.  All I have left to do is the nose and the ears and sewing on the eyes.  It worked up so quick.  It's a pattern by repeatcrafterme (She's got a lot of animal hats and the patterns are free).

I think we have our sink working--YEA!!  will know for sure in the morning. 

Cindy - loved the poem!!  I needed a laugh as well.  That's the way I feel about dentists as well.

Mary - hope things are going well for you.

Marisa - sounds like you've been busy!!  Guess I missed you'd been going out--glad it seems to be going ok.

Val - hope things are going well.

Well DS and DIL won't be coming due to the weather.  They just keep adding more and more to it.  So they are afraid they'd get stuck here and they can't afford to miss work.  So they will come in January.  But that gives me more time to get all their Christmas.  I haven't bought much since I won't get my bonus until Monday.  I have no idea how much it will be--hopefully I'll know tomorrow.  I need to know how much everyone gets as I write the checks :)  

Well, I'm going to go make the ears for the bear and wait for some advice on what to do on the nose.  I hate to go buy a skein of black yarn for 2 rounds.  Have a great evening all!!!  gotta help DD rewrap the cast on the puppy's leg--she's been chewing at it. 

Sherry, I am not sure about mixing those yarns. Nit ought to work, but I guess it depends on how well the cotton yarn washes up.

I'm pretty sure that I have black WW yarn, although it's not ILTY. I'd be willing to send you some if you need it. It doesn't sound like you'd need very much.

Cindy - Well I went ahead and used the cotton.  It's only 2 small rounds and should be ok.  ILTC washes up great (It's what I use for my dishcloths).  So if I need to redo the nose later, I will.  Thanks for offering to send me the yarn but I need it by Friday (It's a Christmas gift for my coworkers little girl). 

Marlene - hope things went well for DH today.

Hugs to all.

Sherry, I have some RHSS in black that I could send you.  When washed it's just as soft as ILTY.

Marisa, I'm glad that the new guy seems to be working out better than the last one.  And congratulations on the new (to you) chair and acquiring some of the other gals clients.  That's great news.

Work went well and we had very good sales.  One of the highest ever for me.  Lily and I spent a large part of the day restocking a number of areas that have been selling like hot cakes.  Circular scarves have been super popular.  One gal today bought 11 scarves of assorted types.  Another bought 5.  Not to mention all the single and two to three scarf sales.  I bought one too.   :D   A circular one in kelly green with a neat pattern and texture.  I also got some socks, to try to keep my feet warm.   :lol

Good morning!

I read through all the posts, but don't have time to individually respond! I went to DD's after work and had some fun with the boys- and got home around 9! Tonight I'm getting my nails done after work and then hope to finish up the wrapping of gifts!

I'll try and pop in again tonight but wanted to wish you all a good day!

Good morning. Not as cold here as it has been, and the predicted freezing rain did not materialize. Tonight we are going to a school Christmas program to watch our three oldest grandsons. We are supposed to get freezing rain again this evening, but hopefully it will hold off until after the concert.

Sherry, are you going to show us a picture of that hat? It sounds cute.

Linda, I definitely can see those circle scarves being hot sellers. I bought myself a couple recently, and one of them ended up going with about 3/4 of my wardrobe. Whenever I wear that thing, I feel like I've really put forth some effort. I'm not much of a jewelry person, so accessorizing with a scarf feels like a big deal to me. Last time I was in Joanne Fabrics, the lady in line in front of me had about 30 cuts of all sorts of very light weight fabrics. She told me that she had an online shop and also made the rounds of the craft shows and that all the fabric was to make circle scarves. She said that she easily sold all she made.

Joanne,glad you had a good time with the boys last night. Isn't it nice to have a job where you still have energy for that after working all day?

Good afternoon housemates!

I've been running since I got up.

I got back home and discovered that they're totaling my car (ugh!).  Hopefully, I can find a good used one and have a little pocket change left over.  I have to return the rental Tuesday by 6pm.

I'm getting ready to start on the heartwarming afghans I've been commissioned to make.

Sherry, I once made an acrylic afghan with squares and roses.  I used the acrylic for the squares and cotton for the roses...it worked out well.  I think the hat will be okay.

Linda, glad you were able to go back to work.  I'm making some of those infinity scarves to sell.

Marisa, glad you're feeling better.

Joanne, Judy, Mary & Marlene...thinking of you guys!

Off to do some hooking and look for a used car.

Hi, ladies!

I had a busy day - went to breakfast with my goddaughter and then we went to Michael's where I got her P and Q hooks along with some super bulky Homespun. She has one more circular scarf she wants to make (for her other grandmother). She also texted me a pic of the slouch hat she finished. She loves crocheting!

We had sausages and pasta for dinner, and baked custard for desert. Tonight is our book club's party.

It's been a full day already!

Have a good night my friends.

Oh....in case anyone has sent me an email lately and not gotten a response, I seem to have trouble receiving some emails unless they're in reply to one I sent. Just a heads up.

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, I wouldn't think the cotton and acrylic yarns would matter to much especially for a hat like what your making. The thing that would worry me would be washing it and have the black bleed onto the white.

Marisa, Glad the new guy seems to be working out. It's nice that you are getting some to the retired chiro's patience and was able to purchase her table for your practice.

Cindy, Hope the ice holds out for your trip out tonight. Enjoy the Christmas program. I enjoyed your quote for the dental work.

Linda, Glad your feeling better and can go back to work. I loved my job to (waitressing) I worked at the same place for 11 years. When my favorite boss Mickey sold the business (he was my third boss there and the longest) hubby thought about buying it but he knew if he did he would have a hard time getting me out of there when he was ready to retire. So he didn't buy it. Many of my customers  became friends.

Judy, Have a nice evening with your book club friends.

Mary, Hope your dental appt went well.

Val, Sorry they totaled your car out. Good luck at finding the right car again.

Joanne, Glad you got to have some time with the GS. It has to be nice to feel like doing something after work.

Thanks for all the good thoughts for hubby's test yesterday. We have some answers. Hubby has 3 blockages. He has about 55% blockage that needs to be 70% before they can put a stint in. In that same (on the back side) artery further down quite a ways he has a blockage, but it is so thin in that area you can't stint it because they don't make stints that small, then the one along the heart dives down and comes back up and it pinches. Again no stint for that area. No surgery can be done on those last two blockages either. The only treatment for those two areas is medicine. So Monday when we see the doctor (someone else in the office as the doctor will be on vacation) he is going to increase the medicine he is already taking. He wanted to give another heart medicine, but I remind him if the side effect is headaches he can't take them. So he isn't going to be giving that to him. Hopefully it won't take to long before he notices a difference.

I did get my glasses and I love them. The only thing is I have to wear my reading glasses for the computer. I had bifocals put on my new ones but they don't work for the computer. But that is alright to. What a difference it makes driving at night time or being able to read the signs a little earlier.

Today we went to coffee with mil, bil and sil. Then we went and seen another sil who lives in the same building with mil. Then we went to lunch with mil, a different bil and sil. It was a nice day with everyone.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Marlene - glad you got some answers to DH's problems.  And enjoy your new glasses.  I sure like the ones I got a couple of months ago.

Joanne - glad you had fun with the boys. 

Val - sorry to hear they totaled your car.  I hope you find a good deal on a new/used one.

Linda - glad you had a good day today! 

Well the hat is finished, and I took a pic of it but haven't downloaded it yet (as well as the owl potholders).  got all the towel toppers done, gifts are in bags and ready to go for tomorrow.  The day care is having their party tomorrow (even though the boys won't be there, I'm taking their gifts to their teachers).  Hopefully the owl potholders will go to school tomorrow as it's the last day of school.  Got a lot done but still have a lot to do.

DS and DIL won't be coming (due to the nasty weather coming in this weekend), so I'll have more time to get their things done.  I still have DD's afghan to finish but I'm pretty sure it won't be done (unless all I do is crochet this weekend), so it'll have a note on it to give it back to me and I'll finish it.  Will make some towel toppers for the girls (and maybe even one for me LOL) for the stockings.  I really need to get the stocking stuffers but I have to wait until Monday when I get my bonus.  Hopefully the weather will be good by then.

Well, I'd better get things finished and get some rest.  All have a great night of rest!  Hugs to all of you!!

TGIF!!! Happy Friday!!!

BBL!!! Time to get ready---I finished the knitted cowl with the Seasons Yarn I had gotten at the LYS last night instead of wrapping gifts after having my nails done.  It's off the needles, but have to weave in the ends. Now to decide what to work on next!

Have a great day one and all!

Well, another wonderful winter day here :(  snow is now not coming, it's freezing rain and it was supposed to be tomorrow instead of today, ugh.  Not sure when it will start and if we'll have the boys this weekend.  Missy was also supposed to go the vet this afternoon and probably won't happen either.  Had so much to do this weekend but will probably be inside crocheting and maybe playing with the boys.  I hope we're able to get them before it gets bad. 

Joanne - glad you got your knitted cowl done! 

Mary - hope you don't get this winter stuff. 

Everyone stay warm and safe!!  Hugs to all!

Good morning housemates!

Just dropped my nephew off at work.  I have to go and get my belongings out of my car and take my niece back to return a phone she purchased on Tuesday that does not work at all.  Run, run, run.  I also have to look for a car since I have to return this one on Tuesday evening by 6pm.

It would be nice if I could find something nice and cheap and have a little change left over.  Oh well, we'll see.

We're suppose to have thunderstorms early Sunday. 

Marlene - So happy that you got answer.  I'm praying that everything works out.  Sounds like you had a great day yesterday with family...good for you!

Joanne - Patiently waiting for pictures of your cowls.

Sherry - I hope life eases up on you soon.  Be careful out there in that weather.  I'm glad you were able to get your gifts done.

Judy - I see you've hooked your goddaughter on crochet...wtg.  I'm so glad you got a chance to spend time with her.

Mary, Marisa & Cindy...thinking of you all.

Have a great day house!

Good morning. It's a yucky day here, freezing rain, ice all over. Glad I get to stay home. However, it's my weekend to work, and the forecast is for more of this mess, maybe mixed with snow on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully it's just snow, I can deal with that. Ice is something entirely different.

Dh wants to go out, although I suppose he will wait until the salt has melted the ice on the roads. Cars appear to be moving okay from here, but it's hard to be sure, I see the road through 500 feet of woods. He offered to take me out for lunch, but I may opt to stay home. I'm thinking about doing some sewing, and that usually is more productive if I don't get interrupted.

Val, Joanne posted her cowls a few days ago. They are here:

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/125507-our-house-part-two/page-725#entry2604353

Hope you find a car that suits your needs, and is at a good price.

Sherri, stay safe. Sounds like lots of messy weather all over.

I think I am all set for Christmas. Not everything that I had planned to make for gifts actually happened, although, I suppose I could get to work on those things still. Our family won't be opening gifts until the 27th.

Hope everyone has a productive and good day.

Oh, but I hurt by the time I went to bed last night.  My arthritis was giving me fits.  Finally had to take a pain pill to get to sleep.  Even the heating pad wasn't helping.   

The decision has been made.  I will be moving to Iowa the end of July/beginning of August.  The lease is up on the 31st here.  Lots to do but most of it can't be done until close to the move date.  But the decision is made and that feels good.  And I don't like the winters up there, but I'll just have to deal with them and see how things shake out.

Well, another wonderful winter day here :(  snow is now not coming, it's freezing rain and it was supposed to be tomorrow instead of today, ugh.  Not sure when it will start and if we'll have the boys this weekend.  Missy was also supposed to go the vet this afternoon and probably won't happen either.  Had so much to do this weekend but will probably be inside crocheting and maybe playing with the boys.  I hope we're able to get them before it gets bad. 

Oh, no!!!  That does not sounds like fun!  Stay safe.

Joanne - glad you got your knitted cowl done! 

Mary - hope you don't get this winter stuff. 

Everyone stay warm and safe!!  Hugs to all!

You stay warm and safe, too.

Good morning housemates!

Just dropped my nephew off at work.  I have to go and get my belongings out of my car and take my niece back to return a phone she purchased on Tuesday that does not work at all.  Run, run, run.  I also have to look for a car since I have to return this one on Tuesday evening by 6pm.

Not sure of your price range, but I got mine at Friendly Auto on Hwy 20 here in Cumming and have been very pleased with it.  You might want to check them out.

It would be nice if I could find something nice and cheap and have a little change left over.  Oh well, we'll see.

We're suppose to have thunderstorms early Sunday. 

Marlene - So happy that you got answer.  I'm praying that everything works out.  Sounds like you had a great day yesterday with family...good for you!

Joanne - Patiently waiting for pictures of your cowls.

Sherry - I hope life eases up on you soon.  Be careful out there in that weather.  I'm glad you were able to get your gifts done.

Judy - I see you've hooked your goddaughter on crochet...wtg.  I'm so glad you got a chance to spend time with her.

Mary, Marisa & Cindy...thinking of you all.

Have a great day house!

Hope you all have a good day.  BBL

Hi House.  I had to be gone almost all day yesterday and just got home from babysitting since 8 a.m. today.  The boys are so cute and really good, but they sure can wear out grammy. :lol  

Linda ~ Oh, I'm so sorry about the pain - I hope it improves soon. :hug   Good for you for planning the move back to Iowa. :manyheart   You and Joy are so close and I know you want to be with your GS before he's much older. :yes

Marlene ~ Glad Hubby's procedure is over and the news isn't too bad.  Hopefully the increased Rx will help a lot!

Valerie ~ Aww, I know you were hoping to keep your car. :hug  Good luck with the car shopping. :yes

Sherry ~ We're just supposed to get rain (fingers crossed), but I saw that your forecast doesn't look too good.  Stay safe on the roads.

I need to stop for now and get a few things done.  Thinking of all of you and will check in later. ♥♥♥

Archived