Our House Part Two

Good morning, err, I mean afternoon.

I went out this morning to get lab work done, (30 minute wait for 2 minutes of lab time!). I also stopped by Goodwill to look for wool sweaters for felting and sweaters with interesting designs to make throw pillows. I found a gorgeous merino wool sweater in an extra large mans size. My first thought was what a lot of felted fabric I'd get put of it. However, I decided it was so beautiful that I'd leave it there in case someone wanted to wear it. I did find three wool sweaters and a couple of heavy cotton ones for pillows. And guess what? I'm old enough for the senior discount at a Goodwill!

I did some Christmas shopping and got groceries while I was out. I hit the little grocery store on the corner just in time to pick up the marked down meat. Tonight's pork chops cost only $1.27. After I got home I did some online Christmas shopping, wrapped presents until I ran out of paper and did laundry. Regular laundry is done, the cotton sweaters are in now, and then I'll work on felting the wool sweaters. If they don't come out too thick, I want to try making mittens from them.

While I was out, Dh had a customer that raises Alpacas. She invited us to bring our grandsons over to visit their farm. She sells

Alpaca yarn and told him that I could buy it from her at half price. I may take her up on that.

Well, back to working on my scarf!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Good morning, err, I mean afternoon.

I went out this morning to get lab work done, (30 minute wait for 2 minutes of lab time!). I also stopped by Goodwill to look for wool sweaters for felting and sweaters with interesting designs to make throw pillows. I found a gorgeous merino wool sweater in an extra large mans size. My first thought was what a lot of felted fabric I'd get put of it. However, I decided it was so beautiful that I'd leave it there in case someone wanted to wear it. I did find three wool sweaters and a couple of heavy cotton ones for pillows. And guess what? I'm old enough for the senior discount at a Goodwill!

I chuckled....I rememberhow excited I got when I was able to get a senior discount for the first time!

I did some Christmas shopping and got groceries while I was out. I hit the little grocery store on the corner just in time to pick up the marked down meat. Tonight's pork chops cost only $1.27. After I got home I did some online Christmas shopping, wrapped presents until I ran out of paper and did laundry. Regular laundry is done, the cotton sweaters are in now, and then I'll work on felting the wool sweaters. If they don't come out too thick, I want to try making mittens from them making mittens - what a great idea!

While I was out, Dh had a customer that raises Alpacas. She invited us to bring our grandsons over to visit their farm. She sells

Alpaca yarn and told him that I could buy it from her at half price. I may take her up on that.

Well, back to working on my scarf!

oh, alpaca yarn!! :bounce

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I'll have to ask about the senior discount the next time I go there. Cool idea to make mittens out of the wool sweater. Can't wait to see them.

Val, Sorry about the car accident. Glad you and Jaleia are both okay.

Joanne, I have been getting some things around for Texas. Are car is white. We only had the choice of black or white with a tow package on it.

Mary, We had freezing rain here this morning and I bet things will be a mess in the morning. It's raining right now. I'm not sure what it's suppose to get down to but the news said are county and north had slick roads. Are deck is still all icy. But it will melt quickly it's suppose to be almost 50 tomorrow. I guess that will be are indian summer since we never had one since are fall was so warm.

Daisy is doing good. If it's warm when we get to Texas she is going to be happy. She shivers when she comes in, but she wants to stay out there to.   

Val, We traded in a 2010 escape. I really loved it. It had an emissions problem and it wasn't covered under the extended warranty we bought. I had it quit on me twice in a month. With going to Texas I don't want to get stranded some where with it. It always starts back up but it runs rough for a couple of minutes then straightens out and works fine until the next time. My bil has the same problem with his dodge truck but his only acts up in the summer. I love the escapes probably as much as I loved the blazers.

Is your car fixable?

I did some laundry today and we sorted out things we had in the car to see what really needs to be in there. Made some phone calls that need to be done.  Made tuna casserole for supper. Hubby is having a lot of gas and I mean bad gas and he was having a lot of pain in his stomach. I called the doctor yesterday and the nurse called us back. She said for him to take gas x and change his diet. She was surprised the doctor told him he could eat regular food so soon after surgery. I was to. The last time he had this surgery he was on soft food for a month. Hubby said if he has to go back to soft foods he will to get rid of this gas. The gas x is helping.

Hoping the rest of the house are staying warm. Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Hi, everyone.  I was just kind of out of sorts today and feeling off.  May be the weather.  It started raining fairly hard last night and we've been having light to moderate rain for most of the day.  I finally went to Walmart to pick up some prescriptions and non prescriptions items.  Then found the Hunger Games trio for $28 and in the larger print version so got that and some ham and bananas, too.  

On the way home I decided that I was hungry for the Reuban sandwich that Arby's has.  Ordered the combo with a side salad and light dressing instead of fries.  I was waiting patiently and they had a jerk goofing off up front, so I wasn't concerned until everyone disappeared.  Went up and asked if the gal knew when my food would be ready.  I was polite and not mad of anything.  She looked at the ticket and asked if I'd been waiting 12 minutes?  I said I guess so.  She was horrified and started apologizing all over the place.  She gave me two coupons for a free combo on each one and offered my a free dessert, too.  I wasn't mad or anything, I was just getting hungry.  :think Then she brought me a fresh sandwich as well.  I was rather flabbergasted by the whole thing.  I get two meals out of one sandwich as it is, so essentially I'm getting 8 meals for the price of one.  I'm still not sure quite what happened.  I also got the free dessert.    :P   I said thank you.  What an evening!

Marlene, congratulations on the new car!  Sounds really nice.  Hope hubby is okay.  Tell him to take is a bit easier on the diet.

Oh, my.  Christmas with little ones who are learning what all the excitement is about. :c9  What fun!  Enjoy, Mary and Joanne.

Val, I'm so glad you and your friend are okay.  Was the car totaled or fixable?  

Cindy, congratulations on all the Goodwill finds.  Good luck with the mittens.

Have a good day tomorrow, everyone.   :manyheart

Joanne- Littlest GS is soooooo excited about Christmas--he told me this afternoon that he will be getting up early on Christmas morning to see if he can see Santa.  Told DD to get ready to be woke up early (sometimes payback is good LOL).  Glad you got to go to craft club.  I love Christmas with little ones around--makes it so exciting.

Linda - way to go on the meal.  I'm sure they are on a clock to make sure you don't wait more than 1 or 2 minutes and that's why all the goodies.  Glad you enjoyed them.

Marlene - enjoy your new car!!

Mary - we're getting ready for another wicked storm.  I'm already tired of this mess and we've only had one storm.  This one will be bringing freezing rain, sleet and then snow.  I'm really hoping that the freezing rain and sleet won't happen but that's usually what we get :(   Hope you don't get any of it.

Going to help my friend tomorrow by going and getting what she needs so if we get stuck at home, she'll have enough food to get her through till next weekend.  Then if it moves in on Thursday morning, we're hoping the schools will cancel for the day and we'll get to be home.  It's a mess if it comes in late in the day because no one wants to come and get their kids and then the teachers are stuck until almost dark to go home.  We closed early 2 weeks ago and it was a mess.  So if it's gonna get bad, I want it to do it early in the morning so there'd be no school. 

Got a big list of stuff to do, why do I do this to myself every year?????  I keep finding more things to make and not enough time to do them in.  I have a dinosaur or a owl hat to make DIL, finish DD's afghan, make towel toppers for teacher gifts, and a scraf for DH (he made a comment he's the ONLY ONE without one LOL).  Got several texting mittens done, so I'll have to get them ready to wrap.  If we stay in all weekend, I hope to get a lot done cause I probably won't have the GSs. 

Well, I'd better go check the laundry that I'm doing for DD, hopefully it will be done soon and I can go to bed.

Have a great Wednesday tomorrow!!!!  Hugs to everyone!  Stay warm and safe.

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I'll have to ask about the senior discount the next time I go there. Cool idea to make mittens out of the wool sweater. Can't wait to see them.

I love the escapes probably as much as I loved the blazers.

!

You only have to be 50 for the Goodwill senior discount, and the discount was 10%.

This last line got my attention. I am still driving the Blazer that I bought when oldest DD was a senior in high school. It's 15 years old,runs like a charm, and I hope it lasts for a few more years. It only has 116,000 miles on it, and Dh's friend, who runs a car dealership, says the engine in this particular Blazer is considered to be one of the best. Apparently running for 300,000 miles isn't unusual. I told dh that probably meant I could drive it at least another 15 years. He just rolled his eyes. He thinks I should get a new car, because it's so old. It's in really good shape physically as well.

My youngest Dd has an Escape and loves it. It has much quicker pickup than my car, but the Blazer seems to be a bit better on slippery roads. I just thought it was funny that you mentioned two vehicles that I'm familiar with!

'morning peeps!

Linda, that was a great customer relations move by Arby's!

Sherry, your post brought back memories of DS when he was alittle guy - knocking on our bedroom door at 3 or 4 in the morning to ask if Santa had come yet! Enjoy the payback!

We haven't had winter weather as far as snow or ice - yet. Tomorrow will be in the low 60's. Not liking that. It's supposed to be winter weather in December!

Be safe on the roads, my friends!

Please!  Everyone stay safe in the next set of storms.  Winter in the North is sooo much fun.  NOT!  

Cindy, paybacks when it's the grandkids doing it to the kids is fun.  I've gotten a number of messages from DD apologizing for things she did as a kid that are now coming back to her as a parent.   :lol   Santa's present and the stocking stuffers were always fair game whenever the kids woke up, since hubby insisted on attending church services before present opening every year.  I didn't feel it was fair not to get to open something right away, so that was our compromise.  And the Santa gift was always something extra nice so they didn't object too much.  And the stockings always held extra big fruit that mom never got, because it was more expensive than the smaller ones.   :P   With nuts and a little candy.  And sometimes another small gift, too.

I reread Ender's Game over the last two days.  I remembered a lot, but had forgotten a lot, too.  I'm not sure how they can capture all of it in a movie.  Some, yes.  But there are so many subtle things there.  I almost don't want to go see it now.  But I probably will.  Has anyone seen it yet?

Work is my long day today, so better start to get ready.  Hope you all have a good one.   :manyheart

I'm back again. It's gloomy and raining off and on here, but warm enough to not be icy. It's supposed to get into the 50s today.

Dh has gone to the dentist, is I asked him to pick up some more wrapping paper while he was out. Hopefully he will remember. Then I'll finish wrapping what I've bought so far. Wrapping is one of my least favorite parts of the holidays. We are also not doing one of my favorite things and that is putting up a tree. We are doing some remodeling in the living room, so we decided to skip it this year. I will fill a big copper kettle with greens, holly, birch logs and big pine cones and string lights in it, and that will have to do for this year. That can easily be moved when it's in the way, whereas a tree is there for the duration.

Linda, I didn't know Arby's had Ruebens. The Arby's near us closed recently, so I rarely get there. I love Ruebens though, so I may have to make a point of going there. I haven't read The Enders, nor have I seen the movie, so I can't answer your question. However, I've found that I shouldn't expect a movie based on a book to be entirely true to the story. That saves a lot of disappointment.

Judy, you may not like this warm spell, but Sophie does. She spends a lot more time wandering around outside if it isn't freezing. Today is too wet at times for her though. It's supposed to drop back down to the 20s here by Friday.

I went through part my closet again this morning and found another bag of stuff to donate to Goodwill. There's still more that can probably go but I had better get going on my other chores. I found a tutorial online to turn adult shirts into toddler dresses so I may try that with a too large shirt. If it works, I will donate it.

Hi House. :)   I hope everyone is having a good day!  DH needed to be at the train station at 5:50 this a.m. and I was home by 6:40.  :lol   It's been a very long day already...I'll go back to get him at 4:30.  I've been on a roll - cleaning and laundry - vacuuming can wait until tomorrow. :yes

Cindy ~ I was a Blazer girl, too. ;)  I had a black one and then a white one, but have had a Honda since then.  Aww, I know you'll miss the tree this year...but your other decorations can add a lot!

Linda ~ Your Arby's experience was strange - but it's good that they took care of you!  I hope work goes okay today. :)

Judy ~ It's 81* here today and supposed to be in the teens by tomorrow night!  Crazy weather! :yes

Hi to everyone I've missed. :manyheart   While I'm 'home alone' I want to spend a little time crocheting. :D   I'm making a little girl's scarf in white with bright pink hearts.

Hi Ladies,

Linda, We don't go to arby's but since now I know they serve rueben's we may. I'm glad they took care of you.

Judy, We had 52 here today but 20's are coming. Enjoy it!

Sherry, I hope the weather isn't to bad on you. DS took a job delivering freight and he is in the north west corner of Arkansas and he said 6-12 inches of snow and 1/2 inch of ice. He's waiting to see if they have a load for him to come back to Chicago. He said if not he's out of there. He has the kids this weekend. He said there weather there is suppose to start at 6am tomorrow morning. Be safe!

Cindy, I know you will miss not having a Christmas tree. I've thought about replacing are's with a 4ft potted tree, but then I look at are's and changed my mine. DD's escape probably isn't 4 wheel drive.

Mary, Be safe in that storm that's coming to.

I lost my post and recovered it. :clap

I'm asking for prayers. My cousin lost her son unexpectedly today. He was only 35 the same age as my DD. I just cant imagine losing one of my kids. He lived at home with his Mom and Grandma. He had some surgery 2 months ago and had problems with blood clots. He fell a short time after he got up this morning. They called 911 and he died a short time later at the hospital. His funeral is Saturday. Thanks!

Oh Marlene, so sorry about your cousins son. Your family has had such a lot of sadness to deal with recently. Prayers for all.

Also wishing for safe travels for your son.

DD's escape is 4 wheel drive, but it's automatic, my Blazer is so old that there is a button to push to put it into 4 wheel drive. I suspect that the Blazer weighs a lot more too, which might help in snow.

I finished felting those sweaters today. It took two trips through the washer. I found a cute felted coaster pattern to try out with the sweaters, as well as a couple of mitten patterns. I knit a bit today, and made a crocheted headband, but I didn't really have time for sewing. One of my Canadian sisters in law is coming to visit tomorrow, so I won't have time then either.

Hope to "see" you all tomorrow!

Oh, Marlene!  I'm so sorry!  He didn't suffer long, but it's sure hard on the family when that happens so suddenly.

It's been a strange day.  The skies have been gray all week long.  It's like the clouds were hanging close to the ground and sitting in the tops of the trees on the hilltops.  Today they started out at the tops of the trees here where I live.  Then when the sun set they settled to the ground and boy was it ever foggy out.  I didn't like the drive home, but at least it's not far.  About 5:30 this evening, the power went off in the whole shopping center.  It stayed off for at least 10-15 minutes and then came back on.  I have no idea what happened.  It messed up the computer a bit and I couldn't run one of the reports.  Otherwise everything seems to be okay.

Stay safe in the the advancing weather.

Hi all.  Hope you are all warm and safe.

Marlene - so sorry to hear of your loss.  Will be praying for the family.

Mary - The temps dropped early this morning.  The low on Saturday morning will be 7.  So not ready for this!!

Linda - hope you can get the other report to run later.  Do you have a UPS (Uninterrupted Power supply) for the computer?  That allows you time to turn off the machine without losing all your data.  If you don't have one, you might check in to getting one.  We got one a long time ago because of power surges.

Well had a very interesting day.  We had this terrible smell downstairs and it was only in the hallway.  I check the whole building and couldn't find anything.  I was told to call the plumber and they said pour hot water down all our drains--did that, smell was still there.  So tonight there were several people trying to find the source--and it was found--someone left a pan of turkey in the oven (oven was off) - what a horrible smell.  Hopefully it will smell better tomorrow! 

We're ready for the storm that's coming.  People bought out the stores here.  Those that haven't grown up here don't understand it could be days before you can get out.  A lot of people think it's stupid but having been trapped in a house for 8 or more days without being able to get out, you want to make sure you have what you need.  I was able to get some groceries for our friend so she won't have to get out this weekend.  It's so cold--and it's going to get much much colder, brrrrrrrrrr. 

Well I'd better get ready for bed.  Will probably need to be up early to see if the weather's moved in and if we will be going to work.  Have a wonderful evening all--stay warm!!  Hugs to all of you.

Good Morning, everyone.  Brrr!!  It's 52* colder than it was yesterday - and the temps are still dropping.  We're warm and have lots of firewood and food in case we have icy stuff.

Marlene ~ Oh, I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin's son.  :hug  I hope your DS is safe on the roads and has a good weekend with the kids!

Cindy ~ You are so creative!  Felting the sweaters to use for other projects is a super idea! 

Judy ~ I hope all is well with you guys. :manyheart !

Sherry ~ We always stock up, too.  Ice storms are scary and there's no way I'm driving on that stuff! ;)   Stay safe!

Linda ~ I'm glad the power outage at work wasn't for too long.  What are you working on craft - wise?

Have a good morning, House. ♥♥♥

Morning, peeps.

Marlene, sending lots of love your family's way. How awful.

I hope everyone is safe with the scary weather arriving! As long as the power stays on you'll be good.

Not much going on here...good neighborhood stuff as well as not so good. The ying and yang of life. We're good here, thank goodness.

Been knitting with the new yarn and hope to get my speed up a bit as I go.

Have a good day my friends.

Good morning. Cold and gloomy again. Dh tells me that there is record cold coming next week, but at least there isn't any ice in our forecast. My daily chores are done and dinner is partly started, courtesy of my crockpot. My sister in law should be here shortly.

I got up early this morning, ( couldn't sleep) and finished a headband that I started last week. I did not use a pattern, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. It will be a Christmas gift.

• Like 1

Good morning, all.  More clouds and rain today with temps in the 60s.  Clouds and rain and temps to stay the same through Monday, then Monday night the temps are to drop at least 20*.  The rain clears out on Tuesday and colder still.  Brrrr!!!  At least there's no forecast of ice or snow.  At least not yet.   :P

Mary - The temps dropped early this morning.  The low on Saturday morning will be 7.  So not ready for this!!

Oh, BRRRRRR!!!!!  Please stay warm and safe.

Linda - hope you can get the other report to run later.  Do you have a UPS (Uninterrupted Power supply) for the computer?  That allows you time to turn off the machine without losing all your data.  If you don't have one, you might check in to getting one.  We got one a long time ago because of power surges.

It's an older computer and system that belongs to the owners.  They have had this happen before and will be able to get it all straightened out.  At least I could give them a heads up before I left last night so they know what to expect.

Well had a very interesting day.  We had this terrible smell downstairs and it was only in the hallway.  I check the whole building and couldn't find anything.  I was told to call the plumber and they said pour hot water down all our drains--did that, smell was still there.  So tonight there were several people trying to find the source--and it was found--someone left a pan of turkey in the oven (oven was off) - what a horrible smell.  Hopefully it will smell better tomorrow! 

Oh, ick!!!!!

We're ready for the storm that's coming.  People bought out the stores here.  Those that haven't grown up here don't understand it could be days before you can get out.  A lot of people think it's stupid but having been trapped in a house for 8 or more days without being able to get out, you want to make sure you have what you need.  I was able to get some groceries for our friend so she won't have to get out this weekend.  It's so cold--and it's going to get much much colder, brrrrrrrrrr. 

I remember things like that when I still lived up North.  They aren't any fun, but you if you know what to expect and are prepared for it, it's not too bad.  If you lose power and don't have an alternate source it can be brutal.

Well I'd better get ready for bed.  Will probably need to be up early to see if the weather's moved in and if we will be going to work.  Have a wonderful evening all--stay warm!!  Hugs to all of you.

Take care.  I'll be praying for you as this weather hits.

Good Morning, everyone.  Brrr!!  It's 52* colder than it was yesterday - and the temps are still dropping.  We're warm and have lots of firewood and food in case we have icy stuff.

Oh, ouch!!!  

Sherry ~ We always stock up, too.  Ice storms are scary and there's no way I'm driving on that stuff! ;)   Stay safe!

I second that.  Big bags of cat litter on the back axle on rear wheel drive vehicles helps with traction and the cat litter is better at getting you unstuck than sand.

Linda ~ I'm glad the power outage at work wasn't for too long.  What are you working on craft - wise?

Oh, that's a pandora's box question.  I've got three prayer shawls in various stages and a couple more that are on hold.   :P  

And then there all the quilts at various stages from almost done to still just ideas &/or just a collection of fabrics that go together, but no pattern ideas.   :lol    And just for variety I've got a couple of a of counted cross stitch small projects, one just started and one almost done. 

My two most recent projects, both headbands from the same yarn. The one with the cable is my own pattern, the other is this one:
http://pattern-paradise.com/2013/11/05/free-pattern-winter-waves-ear-warmer/

Beautiful headbands, Cindy.

Hope you all have a great day!   :manyheart

Good afternoon housemates :)

I checked in yesterday and took notes on the posts, but didn't get a chance to reply.  I had dinner with my group of chiropractors on Tuesday and then a movie date with a new guy from Match...we'll see how this one fares out.  I like him so far, but time will tell.  He's bowling with us tonight since Becca can't come, she has an interview tomorrow morning that she needs to prepare for....I hope he's good :lol

Mary - Good idea getting those outside decorations done.  Hope your cleaning goes well today!

Linda - WTG losing a couple more pounds!  I enjoy Arby's too.  The weather here is funny as well.

Cindy - Great headbands and WTG on your felt sweaters!  Sounds like you got some great deals with the book sale. 

Val - Welcome back....I've been a little sporadic myself lately, it just seems like there's always so much going on and before you know it....the week is gone.

Judy - Happy belated Anniversary!  How's the new iPad coming along?  My mom got the new iPad air too.

Joanne - Glad to hear you made out well at the LYS and that it wasn't super expensive!

Marlene - Prayers for your cousins family :hug 

Sherry - I hope the storms pass fairly quickly and that you don't get stuck inside for too long!  I'm glad you found the source of the smell.

Hi all,

It's been a good week so far- and I'm really enjoying not having the work stress that I was enduring. I'm busy at work, but I like it to be busy- the day goes by faster. I also get out on time!!! That is the great thing!

Last night I stopped at DD's after work since they had put up their Christmas lights. Ryan is so excited about them! He and I played for a while- it's so much fun and his creativity is starting to show. We really have fun! Robbie is standing now and moving along the couch or table--it won't be long before he's walking and he's not quite 9 mos old! Yikes!!!

I've read up on the posts- and wish safety to all of you in its path!

Cindy- love the headbands, especially the one that you didn't use a pattern for! Very cute! Have fun with your sis-in-law. I am looking forward to putting up the tree this weekend. I can understand that you would be a little sad about not putting it up, but your alternative sounds lovely!

Marisa- Hope you have fun bowling tonight with the new man.

Marlene- I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's son Your family has definitely had more than its fair share of sadness this year. Here's to a better 2014

Mary- Did you get to crochet while you were home alone today?

Judy- How are you enjoying the knitting with the new yarn?

Linda- I love Rueben's too and although we don't have an Arby's nearby, I'm now getting a craving to have a Reuben soon!

Sherry- Yikes! 7 degrees! And Ice!!! Glad you got to the store and that was nice to get your neighbor groceries too. I don't mind the bad weather - as long as I don't have to go out in it, I have coffee and milk and I don't lose my power.

Dinner is done- leftover baked ziti from Tuesday- so off I go. Tonight we are going to watch "The Sound of Music" and I've set the DVR so that DD can watch it this weekend since she's working tonight and forgot to set her DVR.

Have a good night!

Hi, all.  My TV reception has been messed up since day before yesterday.  Poor signals on the few channels that aren't completely non-functional.  Very frustrating trying to watch my regular shows, most which aren't coming in at all or only poorly.  They keep saying they'll have it fixed soon, but hasn't happened yet.  This morning it was supposed to be fixed by 1:38 this afternoon.  WRONG!!!

I had a late customer who came in just before 7:00 and didn't leave until 7:30, but she spent over $60 so worth the delay.  And the best total sales of any day that I've closed out on to date.  It started raining again about mid afternoon, too.  Anyway didn't make it to prayer shawl group tonight.  I'd have gotten there just in time to turn around and come back home.  So it goes sometimes.

Hi all!!  It's sooooooo cold--the temps are going to get brutal for this area.  They are saying it will get to -2 (without a wind chill).  I do not like this stuff.  We are not working tomorrow.  all the schools are closed, so we close too.  Didn't take little man to school today because it was starting to sleet.  So DD came and got him about 2.  He was so proud, he got to help my youngest DD (she's a day care teacher), he helped pat the backs of the little ones to get them to go to sleep.  DD posted a pic of him on FB cause she wasn't hearing all his questions, he was sound asleep.  Took us about 30 minutes to get home--it was really slick but most people were driving slowly.

Cindy - pretty headbands.

Mary - hope this stuff stays away from you.

Joanne - glad you're getting some extra R&R time.  And that you are enjoying your new job.  Supper sounded good.  I made a big batch of chili--will have it again tomorrow since it will be soooooooooooo cold.

Marisa - hope things are going well for you.

Well, I'm working on DD's afghan tonight (no thinking about the pattern).  But tomorrow I'll start on either a dinosaur for DIL or an owl--haven't decided yet what I'm going to do for her.  I'm thinking the dinosaur but I have a really cute Owl hat, will just have to see which will be the easiest to do.  I've got plenty of yarn--so I'm good for a long, long time!!  Not even sure I'll go on Monday if the roads/sidewalks are icy--can't afford to fall and break my bionic knee  LOL  (surgeon would be most unhappy with me).

All my friends, please stay warm and stay safe.  Don't get out unless it's an emergency if you're getting this nasty cold stuff.  Hugs to all of you!!

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, Stay safe and stay warm. Glad they found what was causing the smell. Yuck!  We made a pot of chili here to.

Cindy, Your headbands are beautiful. You did a great job creating the one without the pattern.

Mary, You be safe and stay warm to.

Judy, Have fun with your knitting.

Joanne, So happy for you that the new position is just what you needed.

Marisa, Hope your having a good time with bowling with the new man.

Linda, I hope you warm up pretty soon. You've been cold for awhile.

Thanks ladies for all the love and prayers for my family. Hubby has an appt tomorrow with the VA. It's for compensation. Don't know if he'll qualify but you don't know if you don't try. Monday he has an appt with are family doctor. Time renew prescriptions. The gas x is helping him. Now he has started getting the chest pain back that he use to have. It's not all the time like it was, but we sure did hope and so did the doctor that the surgery was taking care of it.

DS made it out of Arkansas before the storm hit.

Tomorrow were getting Maya for the weekend. We will meet up after were done with the VA.

Have a good Friday everyone!