Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Mary - I really like the colors in your fall afghan! It will be beautiful when you are finished with it.

Angela - Love your mom's afghan! I'm sure she will love it. Welcome! Congrats on the upcoming baby boy! Good luck on your course!

I've only been here a short time (for this CAL anyway). I'm a grandma (Me-Mo is my boys' name for me) to 2 wonderful grandsons, ages 7 and 4. My DH and I will be married for 32 years in October. We have 3 adult children, DS and DIL live in Texas, and our two DD are here in the same city. The oldest DD is the mom of our grandsons. I've been crocheting for over 40 years, and I love to crochet. My current project is a granny square jacket for DD.

Cindy - way to go on the slippers!! Keep up the good work!

The weather the last 2 days has been so great!! The high has been in the 60's and we've had rain!!! Hopefully it will be nice next weekend as we are taking the kids to the state fair. DH and I watched football this afternoon--OU didn't play but we did watch OSU and K State. Tomorrow the Cowboys will be playing, so I know we'll be watching that. I have 3 more squares do to and then I can start putting the jacket together!!! :clap:clap

Have a great evening all and hugs to all.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good early morning!

Yesterday was a busy day! But what glorious weather! It reminded me of my wedding day- the skies were blue, sun was shining and the humidity was low- just like on the day I got married.

I went to my friends house to help her set up for the garage sale, and stayed till about 1. DH and I headed down to the ocean and walked around the shops and then went to early dinner. After dinner we walked along the boardwalk. There were tents set up on the beach for a wedding reception- and we saw the bride and groom having some photo shoots- it was beautiful. I really got a kick out of the bride who had on pink flip flops under her gorgeous wedding gown.

Today is football Sunday and I'm so glad that my Giants are playing the early game! I'm hoping to get a little crocheting in. I did finish the baby RR for my co-worker- will try and get pics later today when the sun is out. It's supposed to be a beautiful day again today.

Welcome Angela! It sure sounds like you are one busy woman!!! Good luck on the impending birth of your first child! Exciting times ahead!!!! I love the afghan you made and am sure it will be well loved.

I am married for my 2nd time- 11 years yesterday--and have three adult DD's,and a wonderful son-in-law. My youngest DD is the only one married and she has given me one beautiful grandson who is almost 14 mos old. She is pregnant again with the baby due in March! My oldest lives in Boston and I try to get up there at least 4 x/year to spend time with her and visit. My middle DD is an artist, finishing up her master's in art education and she lives about a 1/2 hour-40 min away with her BF who is also an artist. My youngest, as I mentioned is an OR nurse and Mom! I love sports and you will 'hear' me speak of my teams often. Nothing like watching a game with crochet hook/yarn in hand!!

Sherry- WTG on almost completing the granny square jacket!

Mary- Beautiful fall afghan in the making! I know you mentioned, but I forgot to write down which pattern you are using for it. I love the way it looks and must add to my ever growing list of WiM's!

Val- You have sure been busy- between the trek to Bama, the afghan-making, the GS activities!!!

Marlene- Hope you had a wonderful time with your Grands!!

Judy- Did you get a chance to be outside yesterday? It was truly a glorious day with more of that on the horizon for today!!! Lovin it!!!

Cindy- You are really on a roll finishing up matching things! WTG!!!

Marisa- hope you had a ball at the Pitt game and fun at the tailgate. Nothing like fall/football/tailgate! We are going to have "football friday" at work soon and for lunch bring in 'tailgate' foods! It should be fun. (Oh, and thanks for pointing out that I "spoke to Beth" who is on our other thread- I guess I forgot where I was- LOL)

Well, I'm going to try and go back to sleep for a little bit- we'll see- I'm kind of wide awake- I think after the Giants game, there may be a nap in my future!

:rain Good Morning! It's raining and cool and wonderful!

Thanks to all of you for the compliments on my afghan. Hopefully, it will be finished before next fall. ;)

Angela ~ Your Mum's afghan is lovely! :clap I know she will love it - do you suppose Jakie will share it? :lol We have one daughter, son-in-law and grandson Luke. He is 2½ and will have a little brother in October. :c9

Sherry ~ I know you're loving this weather as much as we are! :manyheart

Joanne ~ Your Saturday sounds perfect! Here is the ripple pattern - absolutely no counting after the foundation row! Definitely a good pattern to make while watching TV. :)

Hi to Cindy and the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

Good morning all! DH is still not feeling well, so we didn't go to church. Youngest DD is here, so I can't work on the jacket. Just got all the squares done but still need to sew them together (my least favorite thing to do in crochet!!).

Joanne - sounds like a lovely day you had. Enjoy your sports today!! We'll be watching the Cowboys this afternoon.

Mary - yes we are certainly enjoying the cooler weather!

Everyone have a great Sunday!

Mary - I love your fall ghan. How are you handling the weave ins?

Thank you! Yep, there are lots of ends to weave in. :lol I can't crochet over them with this pattern, so I'm hiding them every 3 or 4 rows.

Sherry ~ I hope your DH feels better soon. :manyheart

Hey, ladies!

Joanne, we were so glad the Giants game wasn't later tonight - no way couldwe have gone to sleep after it! Good win for them and the Yankees!

...and Happy belated Anniversary:manyheart

Here is my fall 'ghan so far. The only color that doesn't look quite "true" is the dusty green - it looks sort of gray in the picture. And some of my flowers in the front yard -

Gorgeous colors! THe green looks true to me, too. And I think your flowers are so pretty...:c9

Hi to everyone else...it was a busy day for me, Delicious Orchards, home, then out to AC Moore for yarn for various projects. We had my spaghetti with thick meat sauce for dinner today, so that was lots of cooking and cleaning up....

Now I have yarn and hook ready to start another animal graph square:hook

The weather has been so beautiful, as Joanne mentioned, that it's hard to stay inside. I've been out back, sitting at the patio table every chance I get.:)

I hope everyone has a great evening. "Talk" tomorrow!:hug

Judy- I was so happy the game was on at 1!!! We watched the game with DD and Ryan and then after the game, we went for a nice long walk in the glorious weather!!! Great win- but it was nerve-wracking for sure! I heard on the ride home that the Yankee won, but didn't catch any of the game.

Sherry- Hope your DH feels better quick!

I ended up going back to sleep after I had posted here this morning- and slept for another 2 hours. DH took me out to breakfast to I-Hop- and one of my DD and sil's friends was waitressing so it was fun! Of course when I saw that she was working I asked that they seat us in her section. She's a phys ed teacher but still works IHop at least one weekend day for extra $.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend, but I didn't get much crocheting in. Hoping to do a little tonight!

Have a good rest of the evening!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Glad you were feeling a little better, but sorry it caused you a set back. Hope each day will find you feeling a little better. Please be careful! It's so nice seeing your posts.

Angela, Welcome! Congratulations on your first baby! Good luck with school! Your Mom's afghan is beautiful! She's going to love it! Hope your hubby feels better soon. I'm married I have a son recently divorced. He has a son 8 and a daughter 6. My daughter has a 6 year old daughter (Maya). You will hear me talk about her a lot. We take of her in the summer time and it was full time before she started school. DH has a daughter married with a college freshman son and a 16 year old daughter. We winter in Texas for 3 months.

Cindy, Did your DH find the edging stones he went looking for? :clap great news on making matching slippers. Your on a roll. When do you have to go back to work?

Judy, Beautiful pic of your fur babies. Homemade spaghetti yummy!

Mary, Your afghan is beautiful! Love those colors together. Your flowers and yard look really nice to.

Val, Your such a great help with your nieces and nephews.

Sherry, :clap for finishing the squares! Hope your DH feels better soon. The GS are going to love going to the fair. Maya, her Mom, Mom's friend and her son went to a 4-H fair today. Maya called and she was all excited. They seen lots and did lots.

Joanne, Glad you had a great day yesterday! :clap for finishing your rr ghan.

Julie, Hoping all is well with you.

We had a great day yesterday with DS, his GF, Payton and Jocelyn. Neither football team won but the kids had a good time playing. It was almost to warm for football. My face got burnt. Next week it will be sunscreen. I was able to see how the kids are with DS's GF and they really do like spending time with her and she is good with them. She's been reading books about kids.

Hubby and I went out to pizza by ourselves. The kids had to go home and he had to go ref.

Last night watching tv in the bedroom my tv went out. So today I looked online through the ads and we went to Menards and I got a 26" Westinghouse for 150.00.

DD is calling the dentist tomorrow. The area where the tooth came out isn't hurting, it's the tooth in front it is. She is still taking pain meds for it. I told her they probably hit a nerve.

Have a nice night everyone! See you tomorrow.

Today was kind of a blah day, was supposed to hang out with a friend who I've known since we were kids, but she cancelled out on me last minute this morning but I totally understood, but most of my friends are single, and are still into going to the bars, etc. I've never been a bar person anyway, but my friends used to come over for a bonfire and a few drinks on our deck before they'd go out, but since I got pregnant, I haven't seen them really at all. I'm a home body usually, but it just sounded nice to have a chat with a friend for a few hours. And I got in a fight with my mum, which always makes for a bummer day :P and have been stressing over money. Dh got laid off from his job at the hospital a few month's ago, and has been leaving resume's everywhere, but we live in a really small town, and there's just no work around here. BUT day's almost over, and I finished two squares on my Mother in Law's Christmas blanket, between today and yesterday. DH is FINALLY starting to feel better, his voice is gone, but his asthma is starting to get better, it's a nice evening here, and I get to start my course tomorrow, which is exciting, I can't wait to start my first assignment after the kids leave tomorrow :)

Cindy: aw thanks, I always get so nervous when I make something if it looks ok.

Sherry: Thanks so much, I hope my mum likes it, and thank you for the congrats, and the good luck wishes :) That's so nice to have your two grandson's so close, and that's wonderful you and DH have been married 32 years in October, and sounds like you have great children :) and congrats on the granny square jacket for DD :) Hope you get a chance to sew it all together soon. That's always my least favourite part too, I always get so nervous my knot's won't be tight enough. I hope you get some nice weather for the state fair though, that sounds fun, and I hope your poor DH is feeling better.

Joanne- aww thanks for the welcome, and we are really excited about our little boy. My belly's growing faster and faster all the time lol. And thank you about Afghan I always get nervous about something I made.

aww Happy Belated Anniversary! It sounds like you and DH had a really nice day :) A walk along the beach, and dinner sounds lovely :)

aw congratulations on your little grandson, and the up coming little grandbaby :) It sounds like you have 3 great children too :)

aw I Hop, and seeing your DD and SIL sounds great way to spend the morning :) So glad you had such a great weekend :)

Mary- aw your Afghan is beautiful :) And thank you so much, I always worry when it's something I did. lol And Jakie always wants everything made of yarn for himself haha. Well I'm crocheting he always uses my big balls of yarn for a pillow, and once I'm done, hes the first one to run over and lay on it lol. I told DH when I'm all done all the christmas stuff, I'll have to make Jake his very own blankie. aww and Luke's at such a cute age :) I love the two's and three's :) and congratulations on your new little grandson :)

Valerie: Thank you so much :)

Judy: mmm the spagetti sounds so yummy :) It's been so long since we've made home made spagetti, I might have to pick up some stuff to make it next time we get paid. Good luck with your animal graph square :) and glad it's been such nice weather, having a few nice days always makes you feel good :)

Marlene: Thank you for the nice welcome, and the good luck wishes :) And thank you for the nice comments on the Afghan I hope she does. And hubby is finally starting to feel better, he's still losing his voice, and has a cough, but his asthma is starting to get better now. I'm sorry your son's going through a divorice though, but glad that his GF is getting along so well with everything, especailly the kids. And that's wonderful you get to spend so much time with your little grand daugther, and nice that you have so many children and grand children around :)

aw and sorry your TV went out, but glad you managed to be able to pick up a new one. And sorry DD's tooth is so sore. I had a lot of dental work done just before we started trying for a baby and I know some of them took a long time to heal, hopefully she feels better soon

Hello everyone. I had a nice quiet day today. Church this morning, then ds was here for lunch and part of the afternoon. We sat out on the deck, dh and ds read and I knitted on that last slipper, and when I got sick of that, i worked on my log cabin afghan. Tonight dd, dsil and the four grandsons came over. They just left.

Marlene, dh decided to use the same bricks as the patio, for edging after he spent the morning at Lowes and Menards. We got the patio about 1/3 done yesterday. Dh did most of the work, and he is pretty stiff today. it will likely be next weekend before we have tome to work on it some more.

It sounds like you got a great buy on the tv! And its great that your grandkids are getting along with your ds's gf.

Angela, sending good thoughts fro your dh to find another job. The job market is awful here as well. We actually live near a big city, but jobs are still scarce.

Sherry, looking forward to seeing that jacket. I also heate the sewing together aprt of crocheting. I made a cardigan out of squares years ago and although it turned out really nice, I hated sewing the pieces together, and consequently, I never wore it. I eventually donated it to Goodwill.

Evening all.................. wow have I been seriously MIA!!!

What a time it has been for me!

I sure do miss you guys!!!!! But I have been so darn busy... it hasnt even been funny. I managed to post alot on FB because I can do that real easy from my phone ... in order to keep family and friends updated with whats been going on with me... hubby.. and the kids..... but thats about it!

I'm not going to say this too loud... but I may have found things to be slightly .... very slightly setting down so I can come visit you lovely ladies and gents again.

Very quick update....

I'm good... tired like no other.. but good

Hubby is great... had his bone marrow transplant back in May after a relapse has put him back in the hospital in Novemeber of last and again in March of this year. He has been in the hospital all year... finally got to come home the end of last month. Praise God! He is Cancer free!

The kids............ well... my oldest three are still doing great... My Navy son has been stationed on shore duty in Oklahoma. *whew* My other son is doing well... keeping busy with his kids and work. My daughter just landed a new job as a phlebotomist which will pay her more that her CNA job. Being a single mom of 3... she's happy to have the extra money!

My younger three boys that are still at home are doing great... school has started and they are having a blast. My youngest is still chasing bugs. He is the Team Manager for the Jr High Football team. He had a great summer of Baseball and improved alot. My super hero Michael is doing great also....... he has been in remission for over a year now! I thank God every day for him being healthy and happy! He grew like a crazy weed over the summer... 5'8.5" (taller than me... sigh) He's anxious for wrestling season to start. He got some time on the mound this summer pitching for his team... he did a really good job! And my 6'1" 16yr old .... What an amazing summer he had. He pitched fantastic for his team ... they went 25 -5 for the season taking Championship of 3 out of 4 tournaments they were in.... 2nd place in the 4th one. He was invited to a College camp in August that we took him to........ amazing! Since then he has been contacted by 4 different Colleges interested in him. He's playing Fall Baseball right now and having a blast. Wrestling season will start soon for him and he too is anxious for that... Keeps him busy and fit ... heheee.

And ME............... I've just been BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being a single mom for the last 8 months has been exhausting!

I have been able to get some crocheting done... not as much as I would have liked... but some. I have been able to crochet more since the boys have been in school.... which makes me happy! :)

Been on a blanket kick lately.... (comfort'ghans and prayer blankets)

Anyway............. wanted to say :hi HI

have a great evening!

I'm great! My oldest dd is expecting her 5th child this winter, so another grandchild on the way!

:woo

How awesome! So how much have you already crocheted for the new little one... :D

Good morning!

Lots to catch up on here early this morning!

Marlene- glad you had such a nice time with Jocelyn and Payton- and that DS's GF and the kids are getting along!

Cindy- Your Sunday sounds like a great day- nothing like being with family for the day!

Angela- Positive thoughts that DH will find a job---

Tammy-How nice to see that wonderful post!!! I've seen your posts on FB and know that this past year has not been the easiest for you and the family. I'm happy to hear that Michael has been in a remission for a year!!! It's great that you have some time now to do a little crocheting and to pop in to 'our house'!!!!

I must get ready for another week in Paradise! Have a good Monday everyone!

Tam - Good to hear from you again!! I'm so glad that your DH is cancer free!! Really glad your Navy son is here in Oklahoma!!! Sounds like the rest of the family is doing great!

Cindy - thanks for the encouragement. Sounds like you had a great Sunday. I wasn't able to work on the jacket yesterday since youngest DD was here, so I worked on my Shawler and have it almost finished. It's heavy as I did it double stranded since I don't like Homespun yarn, but I think it will be ok for days when it's not super cold. Might make another one in just one strand of WW and see how it goes.

Joanne - hope you have a great day in Paradise!!

Will have both GS tonight, so I probably won't get much done except do supper and homework and get them ready for bed. DH went to work today and is feeling better but I'm sure he'll be tired as they have been working at least 10 hrs a day.

Have a wonderful Monday!

Good morning. I'm tired today. Sophie got sprayed by a skunk last night and we were up until after midnight bathing her and de-smellling the house.

Tam, haven;t crochet anything for the new baby yet. She isn't due until February.

I'm going to go grocery shopping and run errands this morning.

'morning, peeps!

Another beautiful morning here...will be out for a walk today with Miss Lucy.

I went to AC Moore yesterday and got yarn for the piano ghan, some brown for the animal graph ghan, and some Caron SS for a baby girl hat my nurse neighbor asked for - just looking for patterns. She likes the shell look with the flower on the side...I found one that has a flower, but no shells for main beanie....still looking.

Judy, Beautiful pic of your fur babies. Homemade spaghetti yummy!

We had a great day yesterday with DS, his GF, Payton and Jocelyn. Neither football team won but the kids had a good time playing. It was almost to warm for football. My face got burnt.I wear a moisturizer with sunscreen every day. I burn way too easily...

Next week it will be sunscreen. I was able to see how the kids are with DS's GF and they really do like spending time with her and she is good with them. She's been reading books about kids. That's so good to hear!

Hubby and I went out to pizza by ourselves. Alone time is nice....

The kids had to go home and he had to go ref.

Last night watching tv in the bedroom my tv went out. So today I looked online through the ads and we went to Menards and I got a 26" Westinghouse for 150.00. Glad you got a replacement so fast!

DD is calling the dentist tomorrow. The area where the tooth came out isn't hurting, it's the tooth in front it is. She is still taking pain meds for it. I told her they probably hit a nerve.

Have a nice night everyone! See you tomorrow.

Oh, that sounds painful! It does sound like the nerve got injured. Maybe it'll heal on it's own?

Today was kind of a blah day, was supposed to hang out with a friend who I've known since we were kids, but she cancelled out on me last minute this morning but I totally understood, but most of my friends are single, and are still into going to the bars, etc. I've never been a bar person anyway, but my friends used to come over for a bonfire and a few drinks on our deck before they'd go out, but since I got pregnant, I haven't seen them really at all.It's hard when you don't have much in common any longer. Once the baby comes you'll find yourslef an entirely new set of friends, I'm sure!

I'm a home body usually, but it just sounded nice to have a chat with a friend for a few hours. And I got in a fight with my mum, which always makes for a bummer day :P and have been stressing over money. Dh got laid off from his job at the hospital a few month's ago, and has been leaving resume's everywhere, but we live in a really small town, and there's just no work around here. I hope he gets a new job soon!! BUT day's almost over, and I finished two squares on my Mother in Law's Christmas blanket, between today and yesterday. DH is FINALLY starting to feel better, his voice is gone, but his asthma is starting to get better, it's a nice evening here, and I get to start my course tomorrow, which is exciting, I can't wait to start my first assignment after the kids leave tomorrow :)After being with little ones it'll feel great to stretch your brain!!;)

Judy: mmm the spagetti sounds so yummy :) It's been so long since we've made home made spagetti, I might have to pick up some stuff to make it next time we get paid.The nice thing about making it is that I get more meals out of it than if I had store-bought sauce. Tastes better,too;)

Good luck with your animal graph square :)This is the 4th square. Already made a cat, dog and elephant:D

and glad it's been such nice weather, having a few nice days always makes you feel good :)

I forgot to remark on the Christmas ghan you showed us - I really like it!! Simple is good, and the colors are pretty - what's not to love?:)

Hello everyone. I had a nice quiet day today. Church this morning, then ds was here for lunch and part of the afternoon. We sat out on the deck, dh and ds read and I knitted on that last slipper, and when I got sick of that, i worked on my log cabin afghan. Tonight dd, dsil and the four grandsons came over. They just left.

What a nice day!!

dh decided to use the same bricks as the patio, for edging after he spent the morning at Lowes and Menards. We got the patio about 1/3 done yesterday. Dh did most of the work, and he is pretty stiff today. it will likely be next weekend before we have tome to work on it some more.

That's really brutal work...but I'll bet it'll look great!!

How is your great niece?

Tam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:manyheart:hug

I've been getting the updates from Caring Bridge - it's such wonderful news! I went over to your blog and signed up as a follower, too. Your work is beautiful, as always!:hug:manyheart:hook

Better get my act together! BB when I can.

Good morning. I'm tired today. Sophie got sprayed by a skunk last night and we were up until after midnight bathing her and de-smellling the house.UH-OH! Two nights ago AFTER I had let the dogs out for the night I got that aroma coming in through my upstairs windows!! Closed everything. ICK. When I was out in the yard with the pups I did hear some critter just behind the fence (very overgrown...)

HOW do you deskunk everything? Just in case:P

Tam, haven;t crochet anything for the new baby yet. She isn't due until February.

Judy, free Sherlock Holmes Kindle book today:

Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Missing Gate

I'm never sure if these imitations will be any good, but if they are free, I snap them up. Some have been well done, some not so much.

THanks! Hey, anything free is good! I give them a try and if it doesn't grab me...no loss.

Have a good day!

Good morning!

Lots to catch up on here early this morning!

Marlene- glad you had such a nice time with Jocelyn and Payton- and that DS's GF and the kids are getting along!

Cindy- Your Sunday sounds like a great day- nothing like being with family for the day!

Angela- Positive thoughts that DH will find a job---

Tammy-How nice to see that wonderful post!!! I've seen your posts on FB and know that this past year has not been the easiest for you and the family. I'm happy to hear that Michael has been in a remission for a year!!! It's great that you have some time now to do a little crocheting and to pop in to 'our house'!!!!

I must get ready for another week in Paradise! Have a good Monday everyone!

So good to see you too! Thanks for all the love ... Its been rough this year... but we got through it and continue to! :hug you have a great Monday yourself!

Tam - Good to hear from you again!! I'm so glad that your DH is cancer free!! Really glad your Navy son is here in Oklahoma!!! Sounds like the rest of the family is doing great!

Cindy - thanks for the encouragement. Sounds like you had a great Sunday. I wasn't able to work on the jacket yesterday since youngest DD was here, so I worked on my Shawler and have it almost finished. It's heavy as I did it double stranded since I don't like Homespun yarn, but I think it will be ok for days when it's not super cold. Might make another one in just one strand of WW and see how it goes.

Joanne - hope you have a great day in Paradise!!

Will have both GS tonight, so I probably won't get much done except do supper and homework and get them ready for bed. DH went to work today and is feeling better but I'm sure he'll be tired as they have been working at least 10 hrs a day.

Have a wonderful Monday!

Thanks sweetie!!!

Sure is nice to see you!!!

Good morning. I'm tired today. Sophie got sprayed by a skunk last night and we were up until after midnight bathing her and de-smellling the house.

YUCK.... oh honey... poor Sophie... poor you!

Oh...... I bet you will get lots crocheted though for that new little bundle.

:heart

:mug

'morning, peeps!

Another beautiful morning here...will be out for a walk today with Miss Lucy.

I went to AC Moore yesterday and got yarn for the piano ghan, some brown for the animal graph ghan, and some Caron SS for a baby girl hat my nurse neighbor asked for - just looking for patterns. She likes the shell look with the flower on the side...I found one that has a flower, but no shells for main beanie....still looking.

Tam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:manyheart:hug

I've been getting the updates from Caring Bridge - it's such wonderful news! I went over to your blog and signed up as a follower, too. Your work is beautiful, as always!:hug:manyheart:hook

Better get my act together! BB when I can.

Judy....................... :hug:manyheart:hug

Its so good to see you too!!!!! Gosh how I missed you guys!

Its been a long tough road.... but we made it! :)

An animal graph'ghan huh? cool.. cant wait to see!

Thanks for the compliments on my work.... I do try! :hook

you have a magnificent Monday!

:heart

:mug

Judy, regarding the skunk smell, it was nearly midnight so we improvised. We bathed her with Arm and Hammer laundry soap, (sounds odd, I know, but it contains baking soda) and then followed that with regular shampoo. Today she still has a slight smell about her, so I will be stopping by the pet supply store when I'm out, and seeing if they carry a shampoo especially made for this. Evidently there is at least one on the market and it is supposed to be very effective. I read online that a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, worked into the fur and left for five minutes works well. However it said that this is very hard on their skin, so I opted for something else first. I also read that Dawn dish soap is helpful, but I didn't have any in the house.

Almost worse than the dog smell was the way the odor immediately went throughout the entire house. We opened all the windows and ran fans all night, so it is now cold inside. At least it smells better. I also lit candles for a while, but of course I couldn't leave them burning when we finally got to go to bed.

Archived