Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Linda - praying for you. Take good care of yourself.

Joanne - Sounds like your teams did well last night!

Cindy - looking forward to seeing your mittens! Never had attempted to make any. GS wants fingerless gloves but I haven't found a pattern yet.

DH is home today, allergiers are really bad. He's even going to the doctor which means he that's he's really sick. Need to get ready to get to work, YEA it's Friday!!!

Have a great day all!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone. After a rainy night its sunny and clear today. I did a lot of cleaning yesterday as well as laundry. All I have left is the master bathroom clean the fridge and mop the kitchen floor. Then I can craft or read or go shopping or whatever.

We have friends coming over this evening and we will likely have a bonfire and chat outside.

Off to get pictures of my mittens. I still can't believe that I actually got two to match!

Here are my mittens (I know they don;t look like much, but they are the first mittens I ever knit!) Also the beginning of the baby blanket I am making from those granny squares I found in a cabinet.
great job on the mittens!! And I love the look of the baby blanket:c9

Hi Ladies,

Val, :clap for delivering another ghan! You should of seen some of the art work they had at the UofM hospital when we were there. They were beaded animals and they were large. There was a duck, frog, dog, cat. He thought they were glued on but I think they were strung and glued as I could see string and glue. They were awesome to see.

Phyllis, I agree with what the others have said here. My work has to right or I'm not giving it away. I don't think there is ever anything that can be to good to give away. I like making things to give away.

Cindy, Your mini trip away sounds like a nice time away. Sending prayers for your little great niece. :clap for knitting two mittens and they match! Enjoy your company tonight and the bonfire.

Sherry, Good cheers going to your DD and all her schooling. It's great that you can help her out with the GS, especially after working all day yourself.

Glad you heard back from Maggie's Crochet. :cheer you on to making all those squares.

Joanne, Your friend is going to appreciate everyones help. She's lucky to have friends like you guys. Prayers for the 5 year old and her family. Your plans for your anniversary sound like a nice way to celebrate it. Happy anniversary!

Shannon, Glad your work schedules are allowing you some extra time to get some things done and some extra sleep. Small projects are great to have on hand for bus trips and waiting times. Glad Harry was able to find a job. Hope all works out.

Marisa, Sorry your meeting didn't go as you thought it would. Glad you had a nice dinner and a nice visit. :clap you on while finishing your knitted sweater.

Judy, That is a sweet story about your neighbors friend. It looks like Lucy is a queen, for the moment anyways.

Linda, Praying for you to get healthy soon!! I agree I think it is all the stress you were dealing with a few months ago that wore your body down. Please be careful! Please do tell Carol thank you for taking care of are dear friend.:hug

Mary, Your fall color ghan is going to be be pretty. Have a fun day with Luke!

Hubby's appt at the UofM went pretty well. At least we got some answers to what is going on with part of him. Since he started the pepcid and it has helped him with the chest pains, but hasn't completely taken them away the doctor has increased his other medicine for his stomach. He said the wrap is a little loose and that those surgeries don't last a life time. He also ordered a stress test which we got lucky and they did that day. He ordered that because hubby gets a pain in his left arm also when he has a really bad chest attack. The doctor who did it, called me in because I carry all the past test results with me and I have a print out of all the tests he had since things started in 2002. The doctor was impressed. I update it on my computer. I have learned now to add when we stop a medicine or change and why. He did suggest that we might get a heart catherization done to see if the blockage that was 20% has increased at all. That test was done 6 years ago.

DD had her tooth pulled without any problems. She is still having some pain, but she can work so that is a good thing.

Maya was happy to have us visiting.

Thanks for the prayers my sister and bil.

Tomorrow is we will being going to watch Jocelyn's cheerleading and Payton's football. DS is taking them to eat afterwards and asked us to join them. He said the kids might want to go to McDonalds, but I'm going to ask about the restaurant he bought a pizza home from. They like pizza so it might happen. If it doesn't maybe we can meet him there for pizza after he takes them home. It will be a fun day anyways. I'm going to go get something done and figure out what is for supper. I'm thinking some chili sounds pretty good.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

I forgot to tell you about my crocheting while waiting for hubby (while he was having his test). I'm working on a dishcloth. I get all the way around to the end of the row and find a mistake from the previous row. I frog it, rework it to discover a mistake 2 rows back. I had to frog that to, but I did get it fixed and back up to the row I had added. I think I better not set things down and come back when working on different stitches or I better look it over and see where I'm at. I didn't work a popcorn where I was suppose to. I am off.

Cindy ~ Your mittens are great! Congratulations on knitting your first pair. :clap The baby afghan is adorable and I love the colors. :c9

Marlene ~ It must feel so good to finally have some answers from the doctor. :hug Hopefully, the new dosage will help. I'm glad your DD is okay - dental work is never any fun! We've all been there with having to frog...and it's never much fun. :wink I'll bet your mind was more with your Hubby than your crocheting. :manyheart

Luke and I played with trucks today. :lol He is such a happy guy and so far, no signs of the terrible twos. ;)

It has been rainy and much cooler, thank goodness! Time to think about dinner. :)

Good....almost evening ladies :eek:hi

I had a busy day I guess :shrug Well, last night I watched tv and worked on the knit sweater and guess what.....I can officially tell you it is COMPLETE!!! I didn't get any pictures yet though. It's ok, definitely really good for being one of my first big knit projects (I was ambitious in choosing this to start with). I think it will be more of a housecoat :lol

Just got a text from my friend that just had Delany. Mom went home from the hospital on Tuesday. Last night was the first night they put Delany in a crib and out of the isolette. She did great and her body temp remained normal. She's eating well and assuming no more complications she is anticipated to be discharged on Sunday :clap:yay Thank you all so much for your prayers :hug

OK, back to my day.....Went swimming this morning and was cut short because my googles strap broke :( I had a family of 4 patients this morning (all repeats, but usually just the parents come). Did all that paperwork. Had to get paperwork together to extend the deferment on my student loans. Then ran to Dick's to get a new pair of googles, and the market. Back here and am just getting a moment to check in before I head out for the day. I have to stop in tomorrow morning, but not sure if I'll have time to check in or not.

Judy - Wow, Lucy sure is flexible :yes

Joanne - Continued prayers for the little girl :hug

Linda - Oh boy :hug I'm glad you're really on the mend now :hug

Sherry - I hope dh's allergies are in check :xfin

Cindy - Your mittens are great and I love the baby blanket :manyheart

Mary - Oooo, I bet Luke just loved playing trucks today :yes

Marlene - Glad to hear dh's appt went well and you were able to have some tests done. Also glad to hear dd's tooth was taken care of without a glitch. Sorry you had to frog the discloth a couple times :hug

Hi Ladies,

Mary, It's so much fun playing with the little guys. My first apartment we lived upstairs and one window faced the street and my son would play for hours with his cars in that window. I still have all his cars. Thanks for that memory!

Marisa, Such great news on Delany and her mom! Glad you keep getting the repeats. Congratulations on finishing your knit sweater. That's a big accomplishment.

Have a nice night everyone!

Hi all!

It's the weekend!!! Yipee!!!!!

Love the mittens, Cindy! Great job on them!!! I love the colors of the baby blanket-very, very nice! Hope you are enjoying your evening with friends- chatting around a fire sounds wonderful!

Marlene- Glad that the trek to the hospital was a successful one in that you got a lot of answers. Have a wonderful time tomorrow with Jocelyn and Payton!

Marisa- Can't wait to see the picture of the finished knit sweater!:bow

Mary- Maybe Luke will just skip over the terrible twos- although I think that maybe when the baby is born, he may need some extra attention. Right now, I can't imagine Ryan having the terrible twos- he has always been such a gentle, even keeled little boy- takes after my DD- she was the easiest child I had- always a heart of gold and always happy.

Judy- It's great that under the new coach they are doing so well. The Giants play the Tampa Bay Bucs on Sunday who are now coached by former Rutgers coach Schiano! Really hoping the Giants win this one--and then they play again Thursday night!:eek

Linda- Prayers for your for your continued recovery.

I had a meeting today and the Dad of the 5 year old was there. It amazes me how he can concentrate on anything!

Well, time to focus on the Yankee game and work on the RR. I'll be leaving early in the AM to go to help my friend and then down to the each with DH- so may not get back in here till Sunday!

Quick stop in--

Marisa- Have fun at the games- can't wait to see the knitted sweater. Kudos to you!

Beth- sorry you didn't receie the mcal clue! Did you check your junk mail? That's were my first two clues were- today's third clue made it to my inbox.

I emailed you my reference info! Good luck tomorrow!

Here are my mittens (I know they don;t look like much, but they are the first mittens I ever knit!) Also the beginning of the baby blanket I am making from those granny squares I found in a cabinet.

Congratulations on the matching sweaters! :cheer = :cheer The 'ghan is pretty, too.

Had a bit of a set-back today. Overdid it yesterday and I think this is payback. Will take things extra easy tomorrow.

Carol says, "You-re very welcome."

I have some yarn with me, but haven't had much concentration for working on any of it.

Have a great weekend. :hug :hug :hug

Love you. :manyheart

Hi, I thought I'd just kind of jump in here, for anyone who didn't see my introduction, my names Angela, I'm 27, married to my amazing hubby Jesse who I've been with for the last 8 years, we're expecting our very first baby Decemeber 3rd, and recently found out, it's a little boy growing in there. We're sooo excited! He'll be our little William Samuel Louis (Samuel after my grandfather, and Louis after hubby's uncle).

Me and my hubby :)

post-63059-135897777889_thumb.jpg

Me with the most recent picture of the big ol' baby belly lol

post-63059-13589777791_thumb.jpg

I run a daycare out of our home with six children, which it makes for busy days sometimes, but always interesting and usually lot's of fun. I'm also starting an online Early Childhood Education course through a local college on Monday. I have my Daycare Teaching Certificate right now, but am hoping to slowly course by course upgrade it to the university level through the people who license me (they'll pay $300 a year for me to upgrade my training so I hope to take a course each year over the next couple of years).

Before becoming a daycare teacher, I worked at a local animal shelter and now we have a house full of furbabies that I rescued. They each were either sick, or for some reason or another couldn't find a home, and they always knew I was a soft touch (with an understanding hubby) and we would end up taking them home. Right now we have our Lab mix Jakie, three cats Bella, Liberty, and Scruffy, two ferrets Lucy and Zoey, our Chinchilla Bandit, our Whydah Finch Remmington, our Cornsnake Pumpkin, our Hermit Crabs Zoidburg, and Knuckles, a 65 gallon fresh water tank, a 40 gallon with our Jack Dempsey Cichlid Larry, and our 40 gallon salt water tank. I love them all, they really are my fur babies. (I have lots of pictures of everyone but I don't want to overload with too many pics)

And now I'm going to stop rambling, but I love this post and look forward to getting to know everyone better, and now I should rest up, poor hubby has a bad cough, and I'm just getting over it, and trying not to let me and William get too run down and sick again :P and I'm going to finish sewing the last granny square onto my mums Christmas blanket. I'm making one for my mum, one for my MIL, and then a yellow Granny Square blanket for my Nanny for xmas, and hoping to get most of them done before baby comes.

Cindy- I'm so sorry about your little great niece, I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. I love your baby blanket and mittens! They look great :)

Judy- I LOVE your Shepherd, Lucy is goregous. My parents raised German Shepherds when I was a kid, and have a Golden Retrevier Molly and a Belgium Shepherd Ben at the moment, that our Lab Jake loves to play with. She's such a beautiful Shepherd, Lucys a cutie!

Joanne- I'm so sorry, about the little 5 year old, I'll keep them in my prayers as well.

Linda- that sounds awful, I'm so sorry you've been so sick :( I hope you continue on the mend and feel better soon.

Marlene- I'm sorry about your hubby, but glad that you got some answers. I hope the new medication and the doctors suggetions help. And your poor DD. I had a bunch of dental work done before me and my husband started trying for our baby, and dental work is never fun, but glad she's doing well. It sounds like you have a good day set up for tomorrow, I hope you guys have fun!

Marisa- thats wonderful about the sweater! Congratulations!

wow - it was busy here yesterday!!

Welcome, Angela! The more the merrier.

Congrats on the baby - when is your due date? I'm a December "baby boomer", married for almost 45 years and mom to an adult son.

You and DH sound like you're good souls, to rescue so many animals. Good luck on the Christmas projects!

Linda....:hug:hug

Marisa, yay for finishing your housecoat:clap:lol And I knew you'd appreciate Lucy's flexibility:lol:lol:lol:lol

Hi, Mary, Marlene, and everyone...have to dash! BB when I can.

Here's another pic: Sparkie is 6 1/2 yo. Miss Lucy is 1 1/2.

post-8552-135897777918_thumb.jpg

Good morning. Nice sunny day here, although its cold, (48 degrees)

Welcome Angela, congrats on the new baby. Sounds like your home is a very busy one already, what with all the animals, the day care and soon a new baby!

I am a 55 year old wife, mom of two daughters, one son, and a son in law, grandma to 4 little boys, and work part time as a critical care nurse. We are owned by a Brittany spaniel named Sophie.

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks about my work. After my mitten success, I decided to get back to work on those knit slippers. I have a mate to one of the slippers nearly finished.

We had a great time with our friends last night. It was a great night to sit by a fire. No big plans here for today. Dh has gone to Lowes and Menards to see if he can find edging stones for the new brick patio we are putting in. If he finds something suitable, I guess we will be working on a new patio today. We used to have a plain concrete one, (can you say ugly?) and dh decided we needed a new one and tore it out. Currently we have a sand pit where the patio ought to be.

Have a great day everyone.

Just a quick fly by while waiting for my patient. Sloan is with me this morning so he'll be anxious to get moving when I'm finished with my patient :lol No dilly dallying today.

I breezed through the posts, thanks all for your congrats on my sweater. I'll have pics next week. Continued prayers for everyone :hug

Quick stop in--

Marisa- Have fun at the games- can't wait to see the knitted sweater. Kudos to you!

Beth- sorry you didn't receie the mcal clue! Did you check your junk mail? That's were my first two clues were- today's third clue made it to my inbox.

I emailed you my reference info! Good luck tomorrow!

:lol I'm pretty sure you meant this for our other thread :devil

Hi, I thought I'd just kind of jump in here, for anyone who didn't see my introduction, my names Angela, I'm 27, married to my amazing hubby Jesse who I've been with for the last 8 years, we're expecting our very first baby Decemeber 3rd, and recently found out, it's a little boy growing in there. We're sooo excited! He'll be our little William Samuel Louis (Samuel after my grandfather, and Louis after hubby's uncle).

Me and my hubby :)

[ATTACH]58618[/ATTACH]

Me with the most recent picture of the big ol' baby belly lol

[ATTACH]58619[/ATTACH]

I run a daycare out of our home with six children, which it makes for busy days sometimes, but always interesting and usually lot's of fun. I'm also starting an online Early Childhood Education course through a local college on Monday. I have my Daycare Teaching Certificate right now, but am hoping to slowly course by course upgrade it to the university level through the people who license me (they'll pay $300 a year for me to upgrade my training so I hope to take a course each year over the next couple of years).

Before becoming a daycare teacher, I worked at a local animal shelter and now we have a house full of furbabies that I rescued. They each were either sick, or for some reason or another couldn't find a home, and they always knew I was a soft touch (with an understanding hubby) and we would end up taking them home. Right now we have our Lab mix Jakie, three cats Bella, Liberty, and Scruffy, two ferrets Lucy and Zoey, our Chinchilla Bandit, our Whydah Finch Remmington, our Cornsnake Pumpkin, our Hermit Crabs Zoidburg, and Knuckles, a 65 gallon fresh water tank, a 40 gallon with our Jack Dempsey Cichlid Larry, and our 40 gallon salt water tank. I love them all, they really are my fur babies. (I have lots of pictures of everyone but I don't want to overload with too many pics)

And now I'm going to stop rambling, but I love this post and look forward to getting to know everyone better, and now I should rest up, poor hubby has a bad cough, and I'm just getting over it, and trying not to let me and William get too run down and sick again :P and I'm going to finish sewing the last granny square onto my mums Christmas blanket. I'm making one for my mum, one for my MIL, and then a yellow Granny Square blanket for my Nanny for xmas, and hoping to get most of them done before baby comes.

Marisa- thats wonderful about the sweater! Congratulations!

:welcome and thanks. Congrats on your baby and working for your certificate and degree for your daycare :clap Wow, I bet all the kids you have at your daycare just love having all those animals around :yes I hope dh feels better quickly. Have fun with your hooking. I'm a little short on time and won't be back until Monday, so will properly introduce myself then :wink

Marisa, yay for finishing your housecoat:clap:lol And I knew you'd appreciate Lucy's flexibility:lol:lol:lol:lol

How cute :manyheart

I finished those knit slippers, and they match as well. Since I seem to be on a roll, I have another knit slipper that also needs a mate.

Go, Cindy, Go!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Happy Saturday, everyone. :flower

Angela ~ Welcome to the 'Ville and Our House! :welcome You all must be so excited to be having your first little one. :c9 Come visit whenever you can - we're glad you're here!

Linda ~ Lots of hugs coming your way. :hug:manyheart:hug

Marisa ~ Oh, such great news about your friend and Delany. :c9 Your Friday sounds like a really busy day!

Joanne ~ Enjoy your time with friends and your anniversary celebration, too!

Judy ~ Awww, I love seeing the pics of 'the children.' :manyheart

Cindy ~ You are definitely on a roll!:dance It sounds like Fall has arrived in your area!

We're doing some happy homeowner chores today - our weather is cooler and that helps make everything better! We have the TCU game on now and will watch the Texas game this evening. :)

Welcome, Angela! The more the merrier.

Congrats on the baby - when is your due date? I'm a December "baby boomer", married for almost 45 years and mom to an adult son.

You and DH sound like you're good souls, to rescue so many animals. Good luck on the Christmas projects!

Linda....:hug:hug

Hi, Mary, Marlene, and everyone...have to dash! BB when I can.

Another great picture of your furbabies!

Angela - Welcome to Our House! You sound like one very busy lady. I'm Linda, grandmother of one adorable grandson, 8 1/2 years old. I've been crocheting since I was 9, taught by my grandmother. I moved to an apartment 2 months ago and have been sick most of the time since. Sigh! I'm staying with my friend, Carol, until it's safe for me to be on my own again. I'm a care giver who now has to learn how to take care of myself. A huge change that's going to take some time to get used to.

Hope you all have great day! :manyheart

Quick stop in!

Welcome AngelA and congrats on your new baby.

Judy - the furples look great!

Joanne - Happy Anniversary!

Mary - glad you got some cooler weather.

Cindy - wtg on matching your mittens and slippers.

Linda - continuously praying for your complete recovery!

Marlene - have fun with the grandkids today!

I went to girl scout meeting last night. On my way out now to a skating fund raiser for the girl scout!!

BBL!

Linda ~ It will be hard to put yourself first - but we're always here to help you do just that for now! :hug:manyheart

Valerie ~ A skating party sounds fun! Field trips and skating all in one week...I'll bet your great niece loves having you with her. :)

Here is my fall 'ghan so far. The only color that doesn't look quite "true" is the dusty green - it looks sort of gray in the picture. And some of my flowers in the front yard -

post-10699-135897777982_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897777986_thumb.jpg

Not too much going on here, the daycare kids are Monday to Friday, so I have weekends off, and just kind of relaxing today, hopefully I'll get some really good cleaning done on the rest of the house this weekend. I get inspected every month by the company who licenses my daycare so I have to keep the downstairs of our house really clean at all times, because that's where the daycare is, but I find because I put so much extra worry and care into the downstairs, the upstairs ends up getting cluttered. It's not normally really messy, but I've just let things get piled up, upstairs, and with getting our room cleaned up, and the babies room ready, it needs a really good swept through soon, and give some old clothes and things that we're not using away to good will, so hopefully I'll get on that today.

Finished my mum's Christmas blanket last night

post-63059-135897778002_thumb.jpg

I know it's nothing that fancy, I kept telling Dh I wasn't sure how it came out, but he thinks my mother will like it, and so hoping to get my Mother-in-laws blanket started today, and maybe search around my craft box and see if I can find my cross stitch stuff. I want to cross stitch a friendship quote for my best friend for Christmas, and like I said I'm hoping to get everything done before baby so I'm not rushing around finishing christmas projects with a little newborn just coming home. I'm only taking three weeks off from the daycare after I have the baby (since I'm a self business, I don't get maternity leave so we can't really afford for me to take too much time off, and I also don't want to leave the parents without care for too long) so I want to focus the whole three weeks on healing up and spending time with our new little boy.

Judy: Thank you so much for the welcome :) and the congratulations :) I'm due December 3rd, so unless this little one goes early, he'll be a December baby too :) aw and that's so nice you and your husband have been married 45 years :) Me and my husband both always loved animals and working at the shelter was really nice, it was wonderful to be able to help so many animals. My hubby always knew he was in trouble when I would call up from the shelter and say "Don't say no right away, just think about it" because he knew the next thing to come out of my mouth was going to be a sob story about some poor animal that was either sick and the shelter couldn't afford to take it to the vet, which meant I would, or was old and no one wanted it, and I didn't want to see it live it's last year or two in a shelter. And although he would complain he would spoil them and love them all as much I did when I brought them home. I learned so much, and really enjoyed it, and I love caring for and spoiling all the furbabies we have now :).

aww and Sparkie and Lucy are adorable! What beautiful dogs, I love there colours, and they have the sweetest faces, I just want to give them a hug! :) lol

Cindy: It's nice to meet you, thank you for the congratulations :) We're really excited, and sounds like you're probably really busy too, but that sounds wonderful :) And of course Sophie owns the house and everybody in it, I think that's the way it always works ;) I'm sure she's totally adorable though, I love the coats on the Britney Spaniels.

Congrats on finishing the slippers :) I have a pair of slippers in my knitting bag, that I started for my mum months ago, and then got into other thing's and never went back to it yet :P

And it sounds like it was a great night, I love sitting by the fire :) And your patio sounds like it's going to look much better when you're all done, hope Dh can find the edging stones.

Marisa: Thank you so much for the congratulations, we can't wait for our little boy :) And thank you for the congrats on working for my degree, I can't wait. The daycare kids were all making fun of me telling me I'm not supposed to be excited about school work lol but I told them I can't wait to start my first assignment on Monday.

And the kid's do love all the animals, and the animals love them, our Lab Mix Jake mopes most Saturday and Sunday morning because he misses the kids when they're not here lol.

And thanks Dh is getting better then he was at the first of the week, but he has asthma too so when a cough hits him hard, it usually takes him a little longer to recover, but it's getting better.

Hope you have a fun weekend :)

Mary: awww thanks so much for such a nice welcome :) We're really excited! We can't wait, its hard to believe how fast it's gone, just 12 more weeks until I'm due :) Good luck with all the household chores. It is nicer to get things done when it cools off some. Your fall Afghan is beautiful, I love the colours!

Linda: Thank you for the welcome :) aw I'm sure your grandson is a cutie :) My mother can't wait for our little one to be born, it's my Dh's parents and my parents first grandbaby, so they're really excited too :)

My grandmother taught me to crochet as well when I was a little girl. I'm so sorry you've been so sick though. It really is hard to stop and look after yourself, especailly when your so used to looking after everyone else, but I'm glad you have your friend there to help you, and hopefully you start to feel better soon, and as hard as it is hopefully you're slowing down and looking after yourself, and feeling better. :hug

Valerie: Thanks so much for the congrats, and the welcome :) I hope the skating fund raiser goes well!

Archived