Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Phyllis - I agree with the others. We should give our best effort. I love to make things to give away, it's a part of why I love to crochet is to bring happiness to others and I want to give my very best to them.

Valerie - hope you had a good time on the school field trip!

Joanne - hope you enjoy watching the game and :crocheting.

Marisa - DD is going for an accounting degree. She has her 2 year (finished that in December) and is now in a 4 year university. Slow but sure--she will finally get her degree. She's also taking 2 courses online, so she doesn't have to go 2 nights a week--at least for this semester.

Finally heard from Maggie's Crochet--her directions were nothing like the pattern. If the pattern had been that way, I would have been done with it by now. But since I know how to do it now, the next one may be done that way. Will wait and see. I have 44 squares done and I think I need 58.

Well, I'd better get back to crocheting squares!! Have a lot to make and get sewn together before Christmas!! It will be here before I'm ready for it!!

Hugs to all!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

Sherry- Glad to hear that you got the help from the designer. Cheering you on to get the squares done!

I worked on the RR last night- the rows are taking longer and longer, but I'm enjoying working with the ILTY!!

I'll be helping out my friend who recently lost her mom this Saturday at a garage sale. Her town is having a "city-wide" garage sale, and when I tell you her Mom had a lot of brand new clothes and things, I'm not exaggerating when I say alot! A few of us will help her get set up and then in the after noon, DH and I are heading down to the beach and then out to dinner for our anniversary. So it looks like I'd better do some of my usual Saturday chores tonight and tomorrow night!

Cindy-Welcome back home- sounds like you had a nice day

Val- School field trips already? Where did you go?

Linda- Sending hugs and hoping you are on the mend. Are you still at your friend's house?

Julie- Hugs to you too!

Judy- TG the Yankees won--but I'm wondering if Jeter is going to be ok! Tonight Rutgers is playing and they are on ESPN @7:30. Guess what DH and I will be doing tonight? Yup- flipping channels!! :lol

Go Rutgers!:cheer

Good morning housemates. I'm so happy right now. Didn't have to work one job last night so went to bed about 8 pm slept until just about ten minutes ago. Granted I was up several times through the night but at least I got some extra sleep.

Today I'm off from the other place and have to work tonight. I need to take my desktop computer back into the company that I rented it from. I paid it off but because of a louse up in the paperwork on their end I got locked out of it and now it won't unlock.

I have been tired but I've been getting in some stitching on the bus when going to the evening job and when waiting for people to get out of there and give me a ride home afterward. I've finished a few more squares. They all laugh but I enjoy it and it keeps me rather focused. As well as relaxed.

I won't really get any extra sleep today but tomorrow morning I don't have to work the day job and can sleep a little extra then. Saturday night I have off from the night job. They scheduled that almost perfectly. Four different days when I can get things done and get a little extra sleep. If I could keep it like that I would be thrilled.

Now for the best news of all.....Harry is among the ranks of the employed again!!! He got hired on at the place where I work during the day and they are going to try to find him at least two or three days a week to start out with. It's a good thing and will most likely work into full time. As long as he can keep his temper in check.

Well off to try to get something accomplished on the crocheting end of things. :crocheting:hook

Good morning ladies :hi

I'm feeling a little foggy this morning, not sure why :shrug Last night was another PYP event and it was a social media panel discussion. I thought I was going to learn something, but came out with zero new knowledge :( All the people did was talk about who they are and what they do. I was anticipating them kinda going over the ins and outs of social media and how to link things together and use it efficiently....oh well :shrug Sue (the friend that goes to the events with me) and I had dinner after and it was wonderful! It was a new seafood restaurant opened by the guy who has a seafood retail shop a few blocks down :yes

Was in bed by 10 :eek early for me. Gym this morning for swimming and now here I am :yes

Mary - I can't wait to see your fall ripple....are you doing light to dark, vice versa, or mixing up the order of shades?

Judy - :yay for a new do! Did you find any good deals shopping? You brought a tear to my eye with your scarf story :hug

Joanne - Glad you got some of your rr done. Very nice of you to help your friend set up for the garage sale. Enjoy your day at the beach and out for dinner and Happy Anniversary :yay

Phyllis - Yes, I agree....I also anticipate all of us to be on the same page with our work :yes

Cindy - Sometimes our colors choices are strange and while we may not like the finished product due to color scheme, that doesn't mean it's not perfect for someone else. But the QUALITY of work remains the same. After all, this world wouldn't be very fun if we all liked the same thing :think That's why when Mary (I think it was Mary) asked about this mysteryghan being a xmas gift, I said I have to see the finished product first. Then I can know whose personality it fits :think

Val - Oooo, where did you go on your field trip?

Sherry - Accounting is a very good field to get into, WTG to dd and those online classes are NOT a walk in the park :no Glad to hear you finally heard back about the jacket and can now continue :clap

Shannon - :yay for getting a good nights sleep and that your schedule is a bit spaced out this week to get other things done too. I hope the laptop issue is fixed promptly for you :xfin WTG Harry for picking up a new job :yay

Good morning. It started out as a gloomy dreary day here today but occasionally the sun gets through.. I don't mind, I have cleaning and laundry to do.

I knit a mitten last night. I tried to do one in the round, but it would have taken me weeks just to do the cuff, so I dug out an old pattern booklet for two needle mittens and tried those. They were fast and easy. Knitting in the round just seemed so awkward to me. All those needles just hanging around and getting in the way. But finally I understand how it's done.

Joanne, its so sweet of you to help your friend set up for her garage sale. It will be hard for her getting out all her mom's things.

Shannon, WTG for Harry getting a job, and I'm so glad you're getting a bit of time to catch up on rest.

Sherry, my dd is also taking some on-line classes as she works toward her doctorate. On-line classes are hard and require a lot of discipline. Good luck to your dd. Glad you now have the jacket figured out.

Marisa, sorry your event was not as helpful as you had hoped. At least you ended up having a great time at dinner.

Mary, looking forward to seeing your fall ripple. I always feel like I need to have order in my projects, which is probably why I have so much spare yarn. Often when I set out to use up leftovers, I end up buying even more yarn, because I don't care for the random look of whatever it is I am making. I really need to get over that though, because I am over-run with odd balls of yarn. Either that or make a whole bunch of kids hats.

Joanne, that is exactly what I hate about projects in the round. At first you feel like it is going so fast, and then after a while, each round seems to take forever. Thats where I am on my square baby blanket.

Linda, hope you are recovering.

Good morning Housemates!

I went to the High Museum of Arts, Atlanta. My DN and I were chapperones for her DD's 3rd grade class. It was fun and the teacher that I worked with said he'd be requesting my assistance again!

I'm on the blackberry so I'll have to comment individually later.

Hi everyone! :flower I'm without a car today, so no excuses not to get lots done. ;) I followed DH to the dealer at 7, he brought me home and went on to work.

Valerie ~ I remember all of those field trips! Have you started on the next afghan? :crocheting

Judy ~ Thank you for sharing the story about your neighbor. :manyheart Your day with friends sounds so nice!

Shannon ~ Oh, good news about Harry and a little more "normal" schedule for you!

Joanne ~ What colors are you using for the RR? Your anniversary plans sound wonderful! Happy Anniversary to you both!

Cindy ~ So glad you all had a nice trip. :)

Marisa ~ Your dinner sounds great...seafood is always at the top of my list. ;) For the ripple, I picked out several Vanna's colors that remind me of fall. I didn't put like colors together - but they all just "work." :yarn

Sherry - I hope you're having a good day!

Hi to anyone I've missed. :manyheart Time to get back to work!

Hi, ladies!

I read through everyone's posts....and want to encourage everyone who is crocheting, helping friends/family and all....we have a wonderful group of women here!

No crochet mojo yet....but once I get the yarn for the piano ghan, i'm sure it'll return

Off I go again.

Hugs to everyone

Friends, if you would, could you please pray again for my great niece? (The one who had heart surgery a few months ago.) She is not doing very well, and has been admitted to the hospital. Her heart function has declined and they don't know why. She is having diagnostic tests done today, and they have a surgeon on standby in case she needs some sort of procedure. I saw her this weekend at the wedding and I am concerned that she doesn't have the strength for much more.

Friends, if you would, could you please pray again for my great niece? (The one who had heart surgery a few months ago.) She is not doing very well, and has been admitted to the hospital. Her heart function has declined and they don't know why. She is having diagnostic tests done today, and they have a surgeon on standby in case she needs some sort of procedure. I saw her this weekend at the wedding and I am concerned that she doesn't have the strength for much more.

Definitely sending prayers her way :hug :hug

Oh, the poor thing!:hug:manyheart

Prayers for your great niece! So sorry to hear she isn't doing well:hug

If I may piggyback on your request for prayers, the 5 year old I told you all about does not have a good prognosis. Please continue to pray for her, her Mom and Dad! They are expecting their second child in about a month. this is all just so sad:(

Judy- Miss Lucy sure is flexible!!! Can't imagine sleeping like that!

To the rest of the house! Read all the posts- I didn't get home till 7- just finished dinner (TG DH cooked- he made sausage and peppers/onions) YUM!!! Now we've got the games on!!!

Have a good night!

Hello from the land of non-hospital. The Sunday before Labor Day I was feeling lousy in the evening and Labor Day wasn't much better. I ended up throwing up violently that night and went back to the ER and was again admitted to the hospital. :eek there appeared to be blood in what I threw up and my hemoglobin was down to 7. I ended up getting two units of blood that night. I ended up with a "C Diff" infection in my colon which causes the colon to bleed and the diarrhea that goes with it I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Then the next day they did an upper GI scope and discovered bruising and tiny bleeds in the small bowel. Related to stress and use of Ibuprofen. I got 2 more units of blood the next day which only brought the hemoglobin up to 8.4. so two days later I got another 2 units of blood for a total of 6. The last two did bring up my hemoglobin. Finally! I finally got discharged late yesterday afternoon. I am back at Carol's, and will be recuperating for some time to come. I'm on antibiotics for another week and then have weeks of meds for the stomach and colon to get things back to normal. Will have to be extra careful for quite a while to come. At least I'm getting better.

Jules, I haven't picked up the knit scarf in a while - I actually forgot about it!:lol Today will be a good day to pick it up again;)

Hi to everyone else...CU later!

...and here's the finished scarf!

Lovel

:oops Thanks for the reminder....

We built on the circles from last week to make them into squares :D

I hope dh's eye appt goes well :xfin

That turned out so neat!

Good morning housemates. I'm so happy right now. Didn't have to work one job last night so went to bed about 8 pm slept until just about ten minutes ago. Granted I was up several times through the night but at least I got some extra sleep.

Today I'm off from the other place and have to work tonight. I need to take my desktop computer back into the company that I rented it from. I paid it off but because of a louse up in the paperwork on their end I got locked out of it and now it won't unlock.

I have been tired but I've been getting in some stitching on the bus when going to the evening job and when waiting for people to get out of there and give me a ride home afterward. I've finished a few more squares. They all laugh but I enjoy it and it keeps me rather focused. As well as relaxed.

I won't really get any extra sleep today but tomorrow morning I don't have to work the day job and can sleep a little extra then. Saturday night I have off from the night job. They scheduled that almost perfectly. Four different days when I can get things done and get a little extra sleep. If I could keep it like that I would be thrilled.

Now for the best news of all.....Harry is among the ranks of the employed again!!! He got hired on at the place where I work during the day and they are going to try to find him at least two or three days a week to start out with. It's a good thing and will most likely work into full time. As long as he can keep his temper in check.

Well off to try to get something accomplished on the crocheting end of things. :crocheting:hook

Good luck to Harry!

Here's a pic of our spoiled little Lucy - I don't think I posted it. And don't you wish you were THAT flexible?:lol

Love the pictures of Lucy!

I'm with the rest of you in believing that the things I give away should be of the highest quality possible.

All for now. Love you all.

Hello, thanks everyone for the prayers. Joanne, praying for the 5 year old. That is so sad.

Linda, I'm so sorry that you have been so very ill. I sure hope your recovery is uneventful this time.

I don't know if I mentioned it already or not, but I actually knit two mittens and they match!!! I'll try to get pictures tomorrow.

Good morning!

Linda- So happy to hear from you! You sure have had a rough go of it lately and I've added you to my prayer list that you are finally on the mend. I believe that stress was a big contributor- and you sure had more than your fair share of that the last few months! Glad you are with your friend and positive thoughts that you continue to improve, gain strength and are back to your self in no time!

Cindy- Congrats on making TWO mittens!!!! That match!!!!! WTG!!!!! Continued prayers for your great niece!!!

Judy- What a nice evening of watching the Yankees and Rutgers!!! Rutgers is now 3-0!!! And the Yankees won!! Now it's time to get ready for Tampa Bay--

Hope you ALL have a great Friday!!!!

Good morning housemates!

Linda - glad you're on the mend. Continuously lifting you up in prayer.

Joanne - glad your teams won last night. Praying for your friends and their 5 year old.

Judy - Lucy is awesome. She definitely has the right name!

Have a good day all!

BBL!!

morning peeps!

Well, she's not all that little..... She does look comfy though!

Yes...not little at all. She's on a Queen size bed:lol

Prayers for your great niece! So sorry to hear she isn't doing well:hug

If I may piggyback on your request for prayers, the 5 year old I told you all about does not have a good prognosis. Please continue to pray for her, her Mom and Dad! They are expecting their second child in about a month. this is all just so sad:(

Oh, no:( Poor little girl - and her parents!:hug:manyheart

Judy- Miss Lucy sure is flexible!!! Can't imagine sleeping like that!

To the rest of the house! Read all the posts- I didn't get home till 7- just finished dinner (TG DH cooked- he made sausage and peppers/onions) YUM!!! Now we've got the games on!!!

Have a good night!

Oh, Yummo meal!!!:D

I used to be flexible - 50 years ago:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Judy- What a nice evening of watching the Yankees and Rutgers!!! Rutgers is now 3-0!!! And the Yankees won!! Now it's time to get ready for Tampa Bay--

Hope you ALL have a great Friday!!!!

That's so good to hear about Rutgers!!

Linda I was hoping tha you weren't in the hospital! Wow....time to treat yourself more gently....

Tells me I should stay away from Advil, too. We get to a certain age and stuff just isn't good for us.

Hugs and love, sweetie. And please thank your friend - from us - for taking such good care of you!:hug:manyheart

Archived