Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jude

The scarf is so pretty, love the color . Thanks! My friend loves purple:c9 Those knit ones take a long time,dont they ?

They do:P Though I o like the variegated color I'm using - it's still boring:lol

Judy ~ Beautiful scarf! :clap Looking forward to seeing your next animal square...hope it's not a 'possum. :rofl I guess it's time to put out the humane trap again!

Thanks! And we have our share of those critters too! Every now and then one would get in the yard and it would be playtime for the dogs:lol

Next picture square will probably be a horse. The other 2 I want to make are a lion and a cow. bet you can guess why they're being put to the back of the list - more color changes than the ones I've already made:lol

Good morning. I got up at seven and went out to breakfast and did a little shopping. I bought a baby gift and a shawl to use when we go to d-nephews wedding this weekend. I have a short sleeved dress to wear and it's supposed to cool off quite a bit. My dress is not the sort of dress you wear a sweater or jacket with.With all the pretty things you've made you never made yourself a shawl??? Tsk, Tsk...I think you need to add one to your WIM list:devil

I ended up vacuuming and doing some laundry last night. The last load of laundry is going now. I am going to pack this afternoon for this weekend's trip and clean the kitchen. And maybe work on a baby blanket or my knit scarf. Or I may make a pair of booties to match the baby outfit I bought.

Judy that is such a nice scarf. I've never tried that pattern, although I've heard many good things about it. Are the motifs crocheted together? Or....GASP...are they sewn together? (and now we know why I've never tried it!)

When each motif is completed a sl st is used to start the next one. After looking at this one I can see where I really made mistakes on the first one I tried. It is really quite a simple pattern, but I seemed to have problems understanding exactly what the designer was trying to tell me. Not an unusual problem for me and it won't be the last time I mess something up, I'm sure.:lol

Jude

The scarf is so pretty, love the color . Thanks! My friend loves purple:c9 Those knit ones take a long time,dont they ?

They do:P Though I o like the variegated color I'm using - it's still boring:lol

Judy ~ Beautiful scarf! :clap Looking forward to seeing your next animal square...hope it's not a 'possum. :rofl I guess it's time to put out the humane trap again!

Thanks! And we have our share of those critters too! Every now and then one would get in the yard and it would be playtime for the dogs:lol

Next picture square will probably be a horse. The other 2 I want to make are a lion and a cow. bet you can guess why they're being put to the back of the list - more color changes than the ones I've already made:lol

Good morning. I got up at seven and went out to breakfast and did a little shopping. I bought a baby gift and a shawl to use when we go to d-nephews wedding this weekend. I have a short sleeved dress to wear and it's supposed to cool off quite a bit. My dress is not the sort of dress you wear a sweater or jacket with.With all the pretty things you've made you never made yourself a shawl??? Tsk, Tsk...I think you need to add one to your WIM list:devil

I ended up vacuuming and doing some laundry last night. The last load of laundry is going now. I am going to pack this afternoon for this weekend's trip and clean the kitchen. And maybe work on a baby blanket or my knit scarf. Or I may make a pair of booties to match the baby outfit I bought.

Judy that is such a nice scarf. I've never tried that pattern, although I've heard many good things about it. Are the motifs crocheted together? Or....GASP...are they sewn together? (and now we know why I've never tried it!)

When each motif is completed a sl st is used to start the next one. After looking at this one I can see where I really made mistakes on the first one I tried. It is really quite a simple pattern, but I seemed to have problems understanding exactly what the designer was trying to tell me. Not an unusual problem for me and it won't be the last time I mess something up, I'm sure.:lol

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Well, I told y'all about Arby's today and I missed it! :eek:sigh Oh well :shrug I did laundry and while it was drying I dusted & vacuumed the 2nd and 3rd floors at the house and I cleaned my bathroom too. My sister's dryer takes FOREVER, it's crazy! I did the living room last night so now everything's up to date and Steph won't have to stress on it over the weekend.

Mary 2 - I would ride the bike in Philly on my lunch break and crochet on there all the time :yes I've tried the elliptical and it starts ok, but once you start to sweat & get sticky the yarn just doesn't flow through the hand :lol

Julie - Hope you're having a great day!

Judy - Beautiful scarf, I love the color :manyheart I bet ds gobbled up that chicken cacciatore and took some for today :lol

Cindy - Glad you made it out to breakfast and some light shopping :yay

Val - I'm pretty sure the Arby's this was US wide....it's on their website :yes

Marlene - Wow, football and cheerleading for 2 different teams....you're going to be busy! WTG dd on the job :clap

Sherry - Sorry you had to do payroll by hand, but glad to hear the issue is just about fixed. What jacket are you making, maybe someone here can help with your hood.

Joanne - Not a great start to the season, but that will push them to work harder :yes At least with the Eagles, if they start well we're in trouble :lol

Mary - Sending out prayers for your sister with her hip surgery today :hug My mom had a knee replacement a few years ago and did real well

Hi again. :) Thank you for the well wishes for my sister. Her surgery went just fine and she is out of recovery. She will be in the hospital until Saturday...a friend will stay with her for a couple of days at home.

Cindy ~ I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Will you have a long drive?

Julie ~ Oh, it sounds like Pyper and Luke have a lot in common. :lol He talks non-stop and plays until he drops. His little brother will arrive on Oct. 22 at noon - already scheduled. DD even got to pick the time of day! My, how things have changed!:)

Marisa ~ Way to go on the cleaning and laundry! Tomorrow I will get back to my "fall cleaning."

Mary, glad your sister did well.

It's around 7 hours from here to Toronto, but we will be detouring through Detroit, which will add about an hour to our drive, so that DS can ride with us and then we plan on stopping at my brothers overnight on Friday. It's about 2 hours from his place to Toronto.

My brother seems to be really looking forward to our visit. He's been emailing dh off and on all day with comments about it. I didn't know he missed me that much! :devil

My sister's dryer takes FOREVER, it's crazy!Has the lint trap (outside part, too) been checked? My outside vent had to be cleaned out and it's been much better ever since

Judy - Beautiful scarf, I love the color :manyheart I bet ds gobbled up that chicken cacciatore and took some for today :lol

Thanks!

And DS definitely had a feast last night... I fought to keep some for DH's dinner for tonight:lol He just sent me a sweet text about it all. Unusual for him:think

Judy, no I've never made myself a shawl. I've made lots of shawls for other people though.

How did I know that?:lol Maybe you should find a pattern that appeals to you, treat yourself to a nice neutral color of yarn/thread and make one that'll be your "standby" shawl for those times you need one.

Hi again. :) Thank you for the well wishes for my sister. Her surgery went just fine and she is out of recovery. She will be in the hospital until Saturday...a friend will stay with her for a couple of days at home.

That's such good news!:clap

It's around 7 hours from here to Toronto, but we will be detouring through Detroit, which will add about an hour to our drive, so that DS can ride with us and then we plan on stopping at my brothers overnight on Friday. It's about 2 hours from his place to Toronto.

My brother seems to be really looking forward to our visit. He's been emailing dh off and on all day with comments about it. I didn't know he missed me that much! :devil

Brothers can be so funny....

I'm sure your visit is going to go by very fast. Have a safe and fun trip!:hug:manyheart

I just pulled out my knitting....the scarf need to be finished. I did get my kitchen floor washed, tg, since it was really bad. Nothing like 2 drooling dogs to do it in!:lol

Have a good night everyone. :hug:manyheart

Mary - I'm finally finished with all my cleaning (just finished up the office bathroom)...have fun with yours tomorrow :devil

Judy - I told them to check that vent a couple months ago already....they said it's fine (without checking it might I add) :shrug What do I know :sigh I may pull out my knitting tonight too :think

morning, peeps!

Joanne, yup, disappointing football game, but loved the yankee outcome! Everytime we see Martin come to bat I tell DH the he (DH) is up at bat. He looks like DH did when in his 20s - creepy:lol Just started watching the game tonight-I had gone to Camden Yards for DD's 30th birthday and let me tell you it was not as crowded then as it is tonight- Should be a good game tonight!!! And every time Martin comes up I'll be thinking of you and your DH!!!

...and here's the finished scarf!

It's beautiful!!! I have another one on the hook too- to replace the one I gifted to my friend for her birthday- I am about 2/3 of the way done. I absolutely love this pattern because it's so easy--yet so pretty!!!!

Joanne

When is the due date for your new grandbabe ?

The baby is due March 14th. It could be a St Patrick's Day baby on the 17th or share a birthday with my middle DD on the 11th or my DH's GS who is the 9th !! Ryan was early, so I'd expect this one will be too- but you never know. I think it's kind of neat that my 2nd child was born in March and now my youngest is having her 2nd in March.

Good morning. I got up at seven and went out to breakfast and did a little shopping. I bought a baby gift and a shawl to use when we go to d-nephews wedding this weekend. I have a short sleeved dress to wear and it's supposed to cool off quite a bit. My dress is not the sort of dress you wear a sweater or jacket with.

Judy that is such a nice scarf. I've never tried that pattern, although I've heard many good things about it. Are the motifs crocheted together? Or....GASP...are they sewn together? (and now we know why I've never tried it!) Cindy- It is super easy and all one piece- no matter what kind of yarn you use, it comes out great!!!!

Hi again. :) Thank you for the well wishes for my sister. Her surgery went just fine and she is out of recovery. She will be in the hospital until Saturday...a friend will stay with her for a couple of days at home. So happy to hear that your sister's surgery went well. Prayers that her recovery is uneventful and quick!!!

Julie ~ Oh, it sounds like Pyper and Luke have a lot in common. :lol He talks non-stop and plays until he drops. His little brother will arrive on Oct. 22 at noon - already scheduled. DD even got to pick the time of day! My, how things have changed!:) My C-sections were scheduled for the day- but I didn't get to pick the time of day! Exciting that the time getting close!!! And October is a great month!:D

Marisa ~ Way to go on the cleaning and laundry! Tomorrow I will get back to my "fall cleaning."

I agree, Marisa- WTG on the cleaning!!! Want to take a trip to NJ and do my house next? :lol

Awww... I'm sure your brother loves you more than you realize!!! Have a great trip!!!!

I had a very busy day-and took a detour home to Hobby Lobby- picked up some yarn to make a blanket for a 5 year old who has been diagnosed with a progressive brain tumor. She is the daughter of our COO- and I've been working with him on this project. It's just so sad. Please keep the family in your prayers!!!

Cindy enjoy the time with your brother! Have a safe trip.

Marisa - glad you got your cleaning done!

Joanne - the baby could be born on March 19 - that's my bday!!

Judy - beautiful scarf!!

I'm doing Maggie's Crochet "Granny Square Jacket". The diagram shows one way to do the hood and the written directions say a different way. So, if any of you have made this jacket, I'd appreciate some pointers!! No word from the company yet, so I'll wait to see if they can help before I try it on my own. The yarn DH chose is purple (DD's favorite color) and it's ILTY. We also bought navy blue yarn for the other DD's jacket but it may be something else entirely if I can't figure out the pattern.

Well, I'm off to work some more on the scarf, hopefully I can get it finished tonight.

Have a great evening all! Hugs to all and prayers said for you.

Good morning House mates!!!

Happy Friday!! For a short work week, this sure has felt like a long work week!:lol

Time to get a move on here! Started a RR last night - I definitely have a case of 'start-itis" :yes I'm switching between a white baby blanket, the RR, the QA lace scarf, the sunny spread and the mysteryghan! :hook

Morning folks

So if I've got my schedule right,we will have a new grandbabe in The House in October, February and March ! Sounds very neat . I think our grandbaby years are over . Our oldest granddaughter will be 15 in January,so we will probably be great grandparents within 5 years or so -- depends on what she decides to do with her life . I'd love to see her go on to college and do things like that first. Plenty of time later for having babies .

Cindy

Hope you have a nice visit with your brother . I always wished for a brother,but never got one .

Jude

sounds as though you have a knitting trend starting,since a couple others mentioned it as well yesterday . I found the coolest pattern for simple knit slippers. I think ANY level of knitter could do these :

http://www.makeminepink.com/pink-slipper-project/anniversary-pattern.pdf

Well, my mind just went blank and couldnt think of what else I was gonna post,so maybe it'll pop back into my head later .

Hope you all have a good day .

good morning housemates. been working two full time jobs this week. have the old one at Bayard's where I've been for 5 years as a waitress. Just started at an Iron Skillet that just opened in town at the location we used to be at. money seems to be pretty good for now. we'll see what happens later on down the line. I'm only keeping both until I get some of the bills (if not all of them) caught up and then I'll decide which one I'm keeping.

On the crochet front, not much happening. Went back to hundred degree (almost) temps around here. So just haven't been in the mood for this week. Maybe next as I get used to working 80+ hours a week. But I did a few stitches last night. Anything is better than nothing.

That's about it for now. See everyone later.

mornin peeps!

Jude

sounds as though you have a knitting trend starting,since a couple others mentioned it as well yesterday . I found the coolest pattern for simple knit slippers. I think ANY level of knitter could do these :

http://www.makeminepink.com/pink-slipper-project/anniversary-pattern.pdf

Well, my mind just went blank and couldnt think of what else I was gonna post,so maybe it'll pop back into my head later .

Hope you all have a good day .

Nic epattern! I might even be able to make these!

good morning housemates. been working two full time jobs this week. have the old one at Bayard's where I've been for 5 years as a waitress. Just started at an Iron Skillet that just opened in town at the location we used to be at. money seems to be pretty good for now. we'll see what happens later on down the line. I'm only keeping both until I get some of the bills (if not all of them) caught up and then I'll decide which one I'm keeping.Good thinking!:cheer

On the crochet front, not much happening. Went back to hundred degree (almost) temps around here. So just haven't been in the mood for this week. Maybe next as I get used to working 80+ hours a week. But I did a few stitches last night. Anything is better than nothing.

That's about it for now. See everyone later.

Absolutely, some is better than none.....

Not much on the agenda today - vet recheck for Lucy's ears - she is fine, I'm sure, just to close the issue on her chart.....

H,H,H today - blech. Next week will be better!:D

BBL!

Good morning. It's cool and gloomy here today, which is nice for driving. Its so tiring to have the sun beating on you for hours.

Julie, thats a nice slipper pattern. thanks for the link.

Shannon, glad you managed to get a few stitches in. You sound super busy, with two jobs.

Joanne, you are going to catch up with me if you keep starting projects!

I am all packed and ready to go, but we won;t be leaving until around noon. We need to stop at the candy store where dd used to work and get a box of their hand made chocolates for my brother and sister in law. (its my go-to hostess gift!)

I did a few more rounds on my baby blanket this morning. The thing about making things in the round is that it seems quite manageable until the blanket gets bigger and then each round seems to take forever!

I may check back in before we leave, but I don't know if I will post while we are gone. I find typing on my phone difficult. DD might take her laptop, she isn't sure yet.

Shannon

Hope you can get your bills paid soon so you won't have to work so many hours .

I don't blame you for not wanting to crochet when it's so bad hot. It's been really humid here again the last few days,but tomorrow is supposed to take a nose dive. Highs in the 60's I think ,so Fall is coming .

Jude

Yea, that's probably the easiest looking knit slipper pattern I have ever seen . Very little changes to make, and all just knit ,so it should be a good one . I like how it has a bit of a cuff on it ,so it'd probably stay on better too .

I'm gonna be glad when the hot weather is over. I dont like it when it's that bad hot either .

Cindy

Safe travels . Sounds like a good present to bring,a box of chocolates . I think anybody would like those ! Will hear from you whenever you get the chance . Enjoy your time with your brother .

Cindy - chocolates!! Do you have a cooler to keep them in?

Lucy's ears are perfect again...no more meds in them - she hates that and I have to chase or trick her to administer anything!:lol

Later, gators!

Good afternoon housemates :hi

Well, I got a text this morning from my friend's dh in his scrubs ready to go into the operating room for the c-section. It was scheduled for 9 and I haven't heard anything yet.....but I promissed I wouldn't worry until I didn't hear anything by evening since I didn't expect them to be doing much communication with the outside world right away regardless. That promise is easier said than done though.

I did 2 rows on the edging of my knit sweater that I stated....oh, about 2 years ago. When I finally finish it I'm not sure what I'll do with it. It's not the best for giving as a gift or even wearing out and I was probably close to 50 pounds heavier when I started it :eek

Sherry - Sorry, I've never made the granny square jacket and the pattern is not available for free so I wasn't even able to take a look at it for you :shrug Hopefully, they'll get back to you soon :xfin

Joanne - Oh boy, another new project :bounce That's got you in at 5!!! I was looking for something to make with this boucle yarn I have and started a cowl, but decided half way through I didn't like it with that yarn :shrug So now I'm back to square 1 :eek

Julie - That knit slipper pattern sure does look pretty easy :yes Thanks for sharing :hug I can't wait for the temp to be in the 60's....we're still in the high 80's and humid :yuck

Shannon - :eek I'm exhausted just reading 80+ hours! Good idea though to get your bills caught up before leaving one, hopefully it won't be too long for you. I agree that a few stitches is better than no stitches and adds at least a little progress :cheer WTG for finding time to do even that much.

Judy - Glad to hear that the vet appt went well and that miss Lucy is all better :clap

Cindy - I hope you have an uneventful drive and I agree that cool & dreary is better driving weather (as long as it's not actually raining :no ) Look forward to hearing all about your trip when you get back.

Oh boy, oh boy....just after I finished posting here I checked into FB and my friends sister had just posted a pic of the new baby girl!!!!! Her name is Delany and she's only 3 lbs 15 oz, but didn't not appear to be hooked up to any machines :whew I'm still anxiously awaiting actually hearing from her though later today :yes

Oh boy, oh boy....just after I finished posting here I checked into FB and my friends sister had just posted a pic of the new baby girl!!!!! Her name is Delany and she's only 3 lbs 15 oz, but didn't not appear to be hooked up to any machines :whew I'm still anxiously awaiting actually hearing from her though later today :yes

Such a tiny little thing!!

Back again!

I found this link over at Ravelry and thought you ladies would be interested (not necessarily to participate, but just to see)

They are planning on covering the 7th street bridge here in Pitt next spring! So I just had to share the news :yes

http://knitthebridge.wordpress.com/make-a-panel/

Wow....ambitious!!!!

I'll be getting my needle out to work on the knitted scarf soon - Yankees are playing at 7. Last night's game was too much aggida for me: I hope tonight's game is easier on the nerves:lol

Have a good night everyone:hug:manyheart

Back again!

I found this link over at Ravelry and thought you ladies would be interested (not necessarily to participate, but just to see)

They are planning on covering the 7th street bridge here in Pitt next spring! So I just had to share the news :yes

http://knitthebridge.wordpress.com/make-a-panel/

Very cool= those are the type of granny's that were on the Philly Museum of Art that DD and I went to back in May!!!

Oh- and good news to hear that Delany has made here entrance into the world!!! I'd be surprised, though if she didn't end up hooked up to something- she's tiny- but I know she'll do fine!!!!

Such a tiny little thing!!

Wow....ambitious!!!!

I'll be getting my needle out to work on the knitted scarf soon - Yankees are playing at 7. Last night's game was too much aggida for me: I hope tonight's game is easier on the nerves:lol

Have a good night everyone:hug:manyheart

Aggida is right, Judy!!

I'm watching now and hoping they can win tonight!!!

Will post more to you all tomorrow- I want to root my Yankees to victory!:clap

I'm getting ready to head out and yep....I just wanna be home. But wanted to drop in to tell you that both Delany and her mother are doing well :clap:yay She is in nicu for a precaution due to size and all the complications, but so far so good :xfin

Not sure I'll check in over the weekend, I think it's going to be busy so if not, I'll see y'all on Monday

Archived