Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good afternoon everyone. It is a gorgeous day here again.

We went out to breakfast and then to the flea market this morning and it was packed! It's great weather for that sort of thing, not too hot and a little bit of a breeze blowing. I didn't buy much, just a bunch of kids books for my grandsons. I got a great deal on "like new" hardcover Hardy Boys books, ($1 each) and also found myself some vintage Nancy Drew books unlike any I have ever seen before. The books are pale gray, have a colored picture on the cover and each one contains two stories. They were also only $1 each. Dh found a bunch of stuff, mostly gadgets. There was a lot of really cheap produce available. Best deal I saw was those 5 quart ice cream pails full of tomatoes for $1. (They must have had a bumper crop!) I did not buy any vegetables, because I didn't feel like carrying them around. If I was into canning I might have felt differently about that though.

The rest of the day will be spent relaxing, (and folding laundry) I have a lot of clean laundry sitting around from last week when I didn't feel well.

Judy, I forgot to say that I liked the Greek key afghan. It will look great in blue and white.

I haven't done any crocheting (or knitting) for days. I have, however, purchased all sorts of yarn recently, almost all on clearance. I've read two or three books in the past week though.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woo Hoo! Hobby Lobby just opened a store half an hour from my house. I just got back from checking it out. Did I buy anything? What a silly question!

I went on Saturday!!! And did I buy anything? Of course that is as silly a question as yours!:lol

Good afternoon everyone. It is a gorgeous day here again.

We went out to breakfast and then to the flea market this morning and it was packed! It's great weather for that sort of thing, not too hot and a little bit of a breeze blowing. I didn't buy much, just a bunch of kids books for my grandsons. I got a great deal on "like new" hardcover Hardy Boys books, ($1 each) and also found myself some vintage Nancy Drew books unlike any I have ever seen before. The books are pale gray, have a colored picture on the cover and each one contains two stories. They were also only $1 each. Dh found a bunch of stuff, mostly gadgets. There was a lot of really cheap produce available. Best deal I saw was those 5 quart ice cream pails full of tomatoes for $1. (They must have had a bumper crop!) I did not buy any vegetables, because I didn't feel like carrying them around. If I was into canning I might have felt differently about that though.

The rest of the day will be spent relaxing, (and folding laundry) I have a lot of clean laundry sitting around from last week when I didn't feel well.

Judy, I forgot to say that I liked the Greek key afghan. It will look great in blue and white.

I haven't done any crocheting (or knitting) for days. I have, however, purchased all sorts of yarn recently, almost all on clearance. I've read two or three books in the past week though.

Great deal on the Hardy Boy and Nancy Drew books! I have some Nancy Drew books that were my mom's and some that were mine. My brothers have all their Hardy Boy Books. I also have some of my Bobbsey Twins books- I loved them all, (I read the Hardy Boys too but don't think my brothers ever read my Nancy Drews:think)

Had a nice afternoon at DD and SIL's and Ryan was sporting a cute shirt that said "I'M GOING TO BE A BIG BROTHER!!!" WOOT!!! I'm going to be a grandma again in March!!!!!!

Cindy - you got some great buys. I read Nancy Drew as well. Sounds like you had a nice day. I hope you get some hooking in.

Joanne - glad you enjoyed your time with family. Get some rest!

Judy - I'm going to make my best friend's son a piano ghan. He is graduating from college. Music was his major. He also teaches piano. I have a pattern in one of Vanna's books.

Have a good night!

Phyllis and Joanne - What did you buy??? Inquiring minds would love to know!

Cindy - what a great buy on the books! I've been telling my GS about the Hardy Boys, will have to check out the library to see if I can find any for him to read.

Joanne - Congrats on being a Grandma again!!!

Marisa - will keep your friend in my prayers. Keep us posted on how she's doing.

I got all the squares done!!! AND I have them all put together except for the front and back joining. WOOT!!! Since having crocheted 32 squares, I have noticed that the squares on the pattern are all multi-colored and I decided to do it a solid color. I will probably need more yarn which will be a problem as ILTY has a lot number on it. I'll just try to get something that will match as good as possible. And that means another trip to HL soon :)

Sounds like everyone had a good Labor Day - I'm off to read some before going to bed. Hope you all have a good evening!

Hugs to all!

Good morning,

It's going to be a rainy couple of days here in NJ- just in time for back to school and more traffic! Joy!

Heading into work in a bit, then leaving for the service for my friends' mom and then back to work.

WTG on finishing up the squares, Sherry! Isn't it a shame that you'll have to make a trek to HL? ILTY is on sale this week plus your DH gets the discount! Couldn't be a better time to buy some more yarn!!

Hope you all have a good day.

Yes, Joanne such a shame that I will have to go buy more yarn especially since it's on sale (plus DH discount). Enjoy your rain--wish we were getting some.

Valerie- thanks for lett ing me know about the #s.

Well it's back to work and it's not going to be a fun week. Still a lot of changes and more to come with the new boss. Thought things would be settled down by now but it's not.

Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning housemates!

Joanne, have a great day at Paradise!

Sherry, you're welcome. I use ILTY 98% of the time. How lucky for you that DH works for HL and that you get a discount even on sale items. I hope things at work settle soon. Have a gooD day!

Have a good day all!

BBL.

Hi everyone. :)

Joanne ~ Congratulations, Grandma! :c9 I'm so glad your DD's MIL is okay and that you were there to take care of Ryan.

Phyllis ~ Oh, I see lots of trips to HL in your future. :lol ILTY is wonderful and they have pretty much every color now! What are you working on?

Judy ~ Oooh, the scarf in purple sounds lovely! I haven't made that pattern yet, but it's on my list. :)

Cindy ~ It sounds like a perfect day to go to the market. You found such great book bargains!

Sherry ~ Yay for finishing the squares! :cheer I hope work goes okay today. :manyheart

Valerie ~ Great progress on your afghan! :clap

Julie ~ I hope you're doing okay. :manyheart

Sorry if I've missed anyone...the weekend just wore me out. :lol Taking a break from cleaning today - groceries and the post office are on the list.

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, the weekend was busy, but yesterday was relaxing. Yesterday, I just watched tv and crocheted. Took a walk down by the stadium for the rib fest to get some brisket. Uncle Kracker was having a free show at 4 and I was going to stay but it was so humid here yesterday and with all the stands having a flaming pit for cooking....I was dripping sweat and just wanted to get back home :shrug Ate my dinner, took a 2nd shower for the day, and crocheted more :lol Steph and Bean had to be out early and then went to the Pirates game in the afternoon so it was a wonderful, 'lonely' day :yes

They have a Pirates game tonight too, so I think I'll clean the living room. We did the kitchen on Saturday but ran out of time before we needed to get ready to go out so I said I'd do the living room this week. May as well get it over with. I'm also planning on cleaning the office today too. It's not a good sign if I can't remember the last time I did it (aside from the bathroom) :eek Just dusting and vacuuming really.

I'm chatting with my friend via text, trying to keep her company & laughing. But she said there weren't any major drops in the baby's heart rate last night and she'll be having an ultrasound today. So, that sounds good considering it was dropping a few times a day for a few days there. I told her I'll be waiting to hear about the ultrasound. :xfin

Oh, I think I mentioned doing a mystery cal on ravelry with Joanne (she informed me of it) and we got our first clue on Saturday, which I finished up yesterday....so I'll share a pic with you in a bit.

Val - I hope your sinus' are doing better today :hug How are your ghan's coming along?

Phyllis - HL :drool I find having one so close keeps me from buying obscene amounts at one time :think

Judy - WTG on the scarf and I can't wait to see progress pics of your piano and greek key ghans :devil

Cindy - Great find on the books at the flea market :clap

Joanne - :yay:clap:cheer for your second grandchild!!! It seems like just yesterday you were telling us this news the first time around :think

Sherry - :yay for getting all your squares done. Maybe you can use a contrasting color for the border and/or joining if you have trouble matching the colors. But I also haven't had much problem from ILTY either.

Mary - Get yourself some rest today to catch up from the weekend. The market and post office doesn't sound to overbearing :think

Mary - you will definitely have to do some crocheting after your errands.

Marisa - your 'lonely' time sounds wonderful. Waiting to see your picture. I've finished one of the alphabet sections. I'm a hooking now. Sinus' feel better right now but I'm having a rough time at night. Enjoy your cleaning time and reward yourself with some hooking time! Do you have any patients today?

Hello everyone. It was a busy day at work today, but not a bad day. I am off for the next 12 days now.

Phyllis, Joanne and Sherry, sounds like you all had fun at Hobby Lobby over the past few days. I haven't been there for quite a while. A new Super Joanne opened a couple of months ago and they have more yarn than either Michaels or Hobby Lobby, so I've been shopping there.

Joanne, congrats on being a Grandma again. How exciting! I'm also going to be a Grandma again, in February.

Sherry, WtG on finishing the squares for your afghan.

marisa, continuing to think good thoughts for your friend. Hope all continues to go well.

Val, you are just an afghan making machine. I'm ashamed when I think of how long it takes me to finish an afghan! I get bored and set projects aside "for a while" quite often.

Marisa - I love your motifs.

Cindy - WTG...12 days Off!!! I'm only putting out what has been ordered. You can't put those to the side. Congrats on becoming a grandma again! Is it your DD with the 4 boys? What do you have planned for the next 12 days. Try to get some rest along with whatever you have planned.

Judy - haven't heard from you today. I hope all is well.

I almost forgot....but here are my 2 motifs from the first clue this past weekend :)

Very nice. Round motifs imply a somewhat unusual afghan design. I'm curious to see what the finished project will look like, but I'm guessing it will be a while!

Hi all,

Cindy- Congrats on being a grandma again in February!! Right before my Grandchild comes along in March! Can't wait to find out if it will be a girl or boy- they'll find out at 20 weeks and she's 12 now- so have a ways to go until we find out. Enjoy your 12 day off- that sounds like heaven to me!!

Val- Sorry the sinuses are acting up. It was rainy here today and very humid!! But we need the rain, so no complaints

Mary- Sounds like a nice day for you today-not too much on the list of 'have to do's"!

Marisa- Like your Clue#1- I'll post mine when I'm done posting. It's nice that you had some 'lonely' time. I like 'lonely' time, which I have for a while tonight since DH will be home late! Tomorrow night is Craft Club- (rescheduled from Labor Day)- not sure how many will show-, but I'll go until "kick-off" First Giants game of the season!!!!! I'll be tired on Thursday at work but you know I can't miss the Giants first game!! LOL

It does seem like yesterday that I was announcing that I'd be a Grandma for the first time! Ryan and his younger sibling will be 20 months apart. DD told me she liked being close in age to my middle DD (they are 19 months apart so this was planned this way)

Had a long day- went in to work- then left to attend my friend's mom's services- and then had to go back to work. Needless to say, it was kind of hard to stay focused on work- and then it took me over an hour to get home. I hate traffic!!!! Oh, well, time to unwind and relax a bit!

Thinking of ALL of you!!! Here's pics of my first clue on the mysteryghan- I'm using autumn colors!

post-27163-13589777669_thumb.jpg

Cindy - WTG...12 days Off!!! I'm only putting out what has been ordered. You can't put those to the side. Congrats on becoming a grandma again! Is it your DD with the 4 boys? What do you have planned for the next 12 days. Try to get some rest along with whatever you have planned.

Judy - haven't heard from you today. I hope all is well.

Val, yes, its my oldest dd with the four boys. She has always wanted a large family. I'm kind of hoping for a girl and so is my son in law, but dd enjoys those little boys and doesn't have a preference. And since we will be crazy about whoever the new grandbaby turns out to be, I guess it doesn't matter!

Judy, I also hope all is well at your house.

Joanne your afghan motifs look good too.

I don't think dd is going to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl. She likes to be surprised.

My son-in-law's best friend and wife are expecting their first January 31 and they also don't want to find out if it's a boy or girl. I was like that too- I wanted to be surprised! My DD on the other hand, well, she wants to know now!:lol

Hi Ladies,

Judy, I will let my DD know how to let you guys know if something is wrong on my end and I can't do it myself. Good idea! Your greek ghan is going to be very nice in blue and white. Hope your only gone because your computer is down.

Marisa, Prayers for your friend. Thanks for keeping us up to date on her and the baby. Sounds like you had a nice time this weekend. Glad you had some alone time. Your motifs look really nice.

Joanne, It's good you can be there for your friend. Congratulations on being Grandma again. Your motifs look really nice to. Enjoy craft time tomorrow night.

Mary, Your colors for your new ripple sound lovely. We had grilled steak and baked potatoes yesterday. They were yummy! Hope yours were to.

Cindy, You found some great bargins on the books at the flea market. Twelve days off, wow! What will you do? Congratulations on being a Grandma again. DS's gf is the youngest and the only girl with 3 or 4 older brothers. It could happen.

Val, Glad you had a fun time with your family this weekend. Hope you feel better soon. DH watched the football game.

Sherry, :clap on finishing your squares. Can't wait to see it finished. Hope your able to get the matching yarn you need.

Linda, Baby steps in getting better.

Phyllis, I like going to HL.

We got home this afternoon. We stopped by sisters on the way home. She was working (I knew she would be), but I picked up a book last week "Questions about Prostate Cancer" and my bil is having his surgery at the end of the month so I thought it might help him or someone in the family. He gave us some tomatoes and hot peppers. We picked up cucumbers down the road so we had some fresh veggies for supper.

We had a nice relaxing weekend. We sat outside and visited most of it. SIL's neighbor came over and visit with us. Her hubby had gone up north to his hunting spot. Us girls went to Barnes and Noble. They got a book and I picked up hubby a baseball magazine.

Maya called and she had a half day of school and it was a good day except no recess. She also called back later and said she lost her first tooth. Her Mom's gf pulled it out. She said my Mom is a wimp. She is she can't handle anything like that. She has a very weak stomach.

I'll catch you all tomorrow. Have a nice wednesday!

Joanne - we've had rain all around us but not in our city. It is very humid. Congrats on your new grandbaby. Your motifs are beautiful. I love your colors.

Cindy - I hope you guys get a little girl. That would be so sweet.

Marlene - are you having 'Maya' withdrawals?

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!!

Marlene- I'm glad you had a nice weekend. I bet it helped to ease into the transition of not having Maya with you. She's growing up so fast- and now has lost her first tooth!!!

Another muggy day here, Val! But I'll be inside for most of it so I'd rather it be like this during the week.

Tonight is the beginning of Football season, so I'll leave Craft club a little early so I can see the opening kick off!!! Go GIANTS!!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Have a good day all.

Good morning! We woke up to lots of thunder this morning!! It did rain very hard for about 30 minutes and now it's moved on.

Joanne - enjoy your day and craft time tonight and football. I'll be watching it too--Go Cowboys!!! We like the Cowboys and Chiefs and now the Rams (since that's where Sam Bradford is now). But DH will watch any football game!

Marlene - sounds like a good weekend.

Work is payroll day and the printer that does the checks is down (due to router problems), so if it's not fixed, I get to hand write all the checks--Yuck.. Tonight I plan on continuing to put the pieces together on the jacket (front to back, the hood). Those pieces are sewn together and then I put the edging on and then put the sleeves on and do more edging on them. The directions aren't too clear, but that's what it looks like to me. Here's hoping I have it figured out right!

Archived