Our House Part Two

JulieKay

hi, ladies - we're just hanging around together and will be in and out this weekend.

We're sharing my computer -a virus (having to do with one of those systems you need to open links, I think - forget the name) did in DH's.

I have my netbook, but it's not as user-friendly for answering posts, so I may not be on here much.

No hooking yesterday - was back and forth to Best Buy (DON'T use their Geek squad) and the computer people (on the phone) What an exhausitng day!

ANywho - R&R today!

Have a good weekend:hug:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi House. :) I've just read back through posts! I've hardly been home the last couple of days, but hope to have some quiet time this weekend. Does anyone have plans for Labor Day?

I started a ripple preemie 'ghan last night in aqua, duckie and white - hopefully there will be enough yarn! :yarn

Better get busy...how can two people create so much laundry? :lol Have a good morning, all. :ghug

Can't wait to see your preemie ghan :bounce One of our friends is having a party/cookout at his house, so we'll be going there tomorrow :yes

hi, ladies - we're just hanging around together and will be in and out this weekend.

We're sharing my computer -a virus (having to do with one of those systems you need to open links, I think - forget the name) did in DH's.

I have my netbook, but it's not as user-friendly for answering posts, so I may not be on here much.

No hooking yesterday - was back and forth to Best Buy (DON'T use their Geek squad) and the computer people (on the phone) What an exhausitng day!

ANywho - R&R today!

Have a good weekend:hug:manyheart

Oh boy, sounds exhausting and nerveracking :eek I've never had to use them, but have used Staples' help people and can't complain :no Good luck! :hug

Well, my friend is still in the hospital with no news, but was given a menu for tomorrow. So we're thinking she'll be there until the baby is born, which I'm thinking will be a week since that's when she hits the 36 weeks that they'd like her to be at. They just won't actually tell her that though. BUT, as of now they are both doing fine so a week in the hospital is a small price to pay :yes

Good afternoon housemates!

Thanks for your prayers for my friend. I'm continuously lifting Marisa and joanne's friends as well as housemates Julie & Linda up in prayer.

Where is the mystery CAL? Is it Bernat again? I'd like to get the clues for later!

I have wondered as well how we'd know if something happened to one of us. I've got a small little book that I keep in my purse. I think I will list you guys there with instructions.Judy couldn't have said it any better in regards to friendship.

My youngest sister is on her way to Georgia with her family and food to spend the weekend with us. All 4 of us girls, 2 nephews, 1 niece, & 1 great niece will be together!

I am excited! We will watch the BAMA/Michigan game tonight!

Have a good weekend all.

Well, my new patient came and her dh tagged along (regular pt) and he treated too :clap

I did some errands and took care of some end/start of month bills. Now am heading out and probably won't 'see' you ladies until Tuesday. So have a wonderful Labor Day weekend and enjoy some relaxation and hooking time :hug

Off to the first home Pitt football game tonight! Let's Go Pitt!

Hi Ladies,

Hubby decided an hour ago that he wanted to go and visit his sister and bil this weekend. So were on are way. Two and half hour drive and there holding dinner for us. We'll be back tuesday sometime. Hope everyone has a safe weekend!

Good Afternoon All!

Joanne - so glad you can be there for your friend. I know she appreciates your being there for her.

Marisa - enjoy your game tonight! And praying for your friend.

Judy - sorry about the computer problems. I agree--no Geek Squad--they ruined a computer at my work. I have a friend with a computer business and he does all my computer repairs.

For all those traveling--be safe and have a great weekend. For those watching football this weekend--enjoy the game! We will be watching OU (and probably taping it since it starts so very late tonight).

It's been a busy Saturday--I help a friend with her shopping at Walmart once a month and this time I had lots of helpers--youngest DD and the 2 GS. I think we did it in record time! Then we came home, did some laundry and got oldest GS to run the sweeper for me, had lunch and took a van load of stuff to Goodwill and then got snowcones. Now the GS are home with DD. So it will be really quiet the rest of the weekend. No plans. DH has to work on Monday (he works at HL warehouse) but I have the day off. Plan to crochet a lot this weekend--need to get that jacket finished. Now I need to go get a few groceries.

All have a great weekend!

Hi Ladies. :manyheart

Judy ~ Oh, so sorry about the computer problems...I'm glad you have two, though. When my old laptop had problems, DH was always out of town with his and I didn't know what to do! :lol

Valerie ~ Have a wonderful weekend with your family! :) How many of your sisters crochet?

Marlene ~ Enjoy your visit with the inlaws...looking forward to hearing about your long weekend. :yes

Marisa ~ Good news about another new patient. :cheer Have fun at the game tonight and the party tomorrow!

Sherry ~ Wow! Your Saturday sounds super busy. I hope things stay quiet so you can have lots of time to crochet. :hook Hmmm, we'll have the Texas game on tonight.:lol:devil Our flag is out and we're ready!

good morning my friends:hug

I can't believe they sent you home!! Are you still withyour friend? You may need a med alert bracelet, my friend:hug:manyheart

I knew that I had just been up too long and needed to lay down, so overruled them wanting me to go to the ER.

Looks like we could start our own prayer chain.:(

Speaking of which, I sent Julie an email and haven't heard anything back yet. I'll send her a note today.

Love, hugs and prayers to all of you. Any concerns you have, even if you don't consider them "important" are important if they make you sad, etc.

Life gets you with a right hook sometimes, and having friendships, esp among we women, can get us through a lot of things.....:hug:manyheart

Very well put Judy!

I saw my doctor yesterday and she scolded me for waiting so long to see some one. I am continuing to learn just how sick I was. Much, much more so than I realized. I just told them I needed a wheelchair to get to the room and that I had to get there and lay down ASAP. Assured them that I was basically still at the same point as when they dismissed me so they didn't make me go back. I had to promise to be VERY careful and take things slowly. I see her again in 3 weeks. I see the kidney doctor the end of next week.

I am still at Carol's house and will be for a while yet. Today we went to Walmart and I picked up some things that I needed. I ran around in one of the powered wheelchair and tolerated it better than I expected to do.

Today is the first that I've felt like crocheting since this all started. Carol pulled out an afghan for me to work on and I picked up Homespun to make into a prayer shawl. And a couple of the Boye hooks that I like to use. I've done about 1/2 a row on the afghan. It's two strands of RHSS with a G hook so it will keep me busy a while.

Hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend. :manyheart

Love and prayers to all in need. :hug:hug:hug:hug

Hi Ladies!

What a busy day- home around 4 and then Dh and I went out to dinner which was nice- I didn't have to cook!!!

Val- the mystery ghan is on Ravelry and the sign up ended 8/31- Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Marisa- Have fun at the game! I'm watching Rutgers on tv now!!!

Linda- Please take care of you!!!! thank you for checking in.

Off to crochet for a bit- didn't get a chance till now!!

Hugs to all

Good morning!

I did get to crochet last night while watching the Rutgers game. And they won!

Do you believe that I had inadvertently set the alarm last night (force of habit) Needless to say, DH wasn't too happy- (and to be honest, I can't blame him) What the heck was I thinking? I'm off today and tomorrow but here I am up at the crack of dawn- already had one cup of coffee and put a load of laundry on!

Oh, well, I think this afternoon I'll take a nap!

Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Linda ~ I'm so glad you're improving and you'll be all well before you know it! :hug Keep your posts coming so we know how you're doing. :manyheart

Joanne ~ Our alarm clock goes off at 5 - and even when it doesn't, I wake up anyway. DH can sleep through anything. :lol

Hi to everyone at the House! I hope you're having a good weekend!

I've neglected the upstairs way too long...mostly just dusting and vacuuming since we really don't use it. Well, Gracie loves to sleep on the guest room bed. :lol My sewing room definitely needs help, though. :blush So, off I go with dust cloths in hand. ;)

Hey ladies, just dropping in for a quick fly by to say :hi

I have to get ready soon to head out for the day though. First going to beans dads house for a get together before heading to out friends house for his party :whew

See y'all later

the netbook ate my post - hard going from one site to another without that happening....I had comments for everyone, too:(

Anyway - here's another project I added to my WIM list

Striped Greek Key Throw Crochet Pattern

LW3007.jpg

Except I'm going to make it only in blue and whiye, alternating the effect on each stripe:D

Good afternoon housemates!

Linda - I'm so glad that you are on the mend! Take care of yourself!

Marisa - enjoy!

Marlene - safe travels!

Joanne - I see I'm too late for the mystery ghan. What do you have planned for your two days off?

Judy - beautiful ghan!

Cindy - hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Mary - will you crochet after cleaning?

Sherry - how's the jacket coming along? Only 1 of my sisters seriously. However, my youngest sister learned the basics as a young girl and could probably get good at it if she wanted!

We had a great family gathering yesterday. We had food galore. We settled in at 8p to watch some ALABAMA football. The Crimson Tide didn't disappoint. We beat Michigan 41-14.

We are now watching movies!

Have a good day all!

Hi everyone. Its a gorgeous day here, sunny, slightly breezy and low humidity.

I just spent several hours reading a book, (had to stop because my Kindle battery dies.) when I went to switch to a different book on my Nook, that battery was nearly dead as well. So here I am.

I think that we are finally going to go to the flea market tomorrow. It's held every holiday, but its been so hot this summer that we haven't gone yet.

Judy ~ That pattern is lovely...and of course it has the word Greek in it's name! :D Blue and white will be gorgeous and I think it will be prettier in two colors. :yes

Valerie ~ It sounds like you all are having a ball - enjoy the rest of your time together! No crocheting for me today...my arms are tired from cleaning wooden blinds. :lol

Marisa ~ 'Hope your day has been a great one!

Cindy ~ Oh, wandering around the flea market sounds like fun! We're back in the 100s for the week, so we'll be hibernating a lot.

We're grilling steaks and veggies tonight. :) Have a good evening! :manyheart

Sounds like everyone is having a good day!

Mary hope your steaks and veggies turn out good tonight. It's really hot here again :( and no rain is in the forecast

Cindy - enjoy the flea market.

Valerie - enjoy your time.

Joanne - I woke up at 6 this morning (no alarm set though) and couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up, did some laundry, and a lot of crocheting. We taped the OU game (it came on at 9:30 last night) and was watching it until the 3rd quarter, when the recording had stopped for some reason. So we didn't get to see the end of the game but we know the outcome anyway. DH was really disappointed.

We're back in the 100s again, so I'm staying in as much as possible.

I've got 23 squares made, only need 32, so I'm almost there. Hope to have all the squares made by tomorrow night and then I can start putting it together. Hope this one turns out ok.

Have a great evening all!

Thanks Mary and Sherry.

Our fun ended about an hour ago. My sister and her family headed back to Alabama. They wanted to have tomorrow to rest up for Tuesday.

We all spent the night at my other sister's place and it was wonderful! We're back home as well. My DN & DNep have to work tomorrow.

I hope every is staying cool and enjoying the long weekend.

Good morning!

My plans for a nap didn't materialize yesterday and here I 'm up at the usual time- my internal alarm clock went off today, not the real one!!:lol

Val- It sure sounds like you had a wonderful family gathering!! Fun times!

Judy- That's a pretty afghan! It will look stunning in the blue and white. Have you started the piano one for your goddaughter? Has she settled in at college?

Marlene- Hope you are enjoying your weekend with the last minute impromptu plans!

Cindy- Enjoy the flea market! I chuckled about your batteries in both Kindle and Nook needing a recharge!! That reminds me, I think my Nook needs to be charged!

Sherry- Cheering you on to finish the squares:cheer:cheer

Linda- Thinking of you! Please take care!!

I ended up going to DD's yesterday to watch Ryan- DD was going to prep some food for the bar-b-que so I volunteered to play with Ryan so she could get that done. Her MIL called - she had a procedure done last Mon and thought she had an infection- she had called her Doc and he told her to meet him at the ER --so DD took her there and I stayed with Ryan. I didn't get home till 10:30! She's ok, on antibiotics but my crocheting plans were out the window since I didn't plan on being over there so long. Hopefully this morning I can get a :crocheting time in before heading to the bar-b-que this afternoon.

Happy Labor Day!!!

Happy Labor Day housemates!

Joanne - I did have a great time. I hope your family time today is as much fun for you!

I might ride out with my crocheting sister to JoAnn's and Sears today. We have a 60% chance for rain today. I will probably crochet the rest of the day!

Enjoy your day all!

the netbook ate my post - hard going from one site to another without that happening....I had comments for everyone, too:(

Anyway - here's another project I added to my WIM list

Striped Greek Key Throw Crochet Pattern

LW3007.jpg

Except I'm going to make it only in blue and whiye, alternating the effect on each stripe:D

Great choice, it's going to be gorgeous!

Marisa - enjoy!

We had a great family gathering yesterday. We had food galore. We settled in at 8p to watch some ALABAMA football. The Crimson Tide didn't disappoint. We beat Michigan 41-14.

We are now watching movies!

Have a good day all!

Thanks. Sounds like you had a great day! I caught a good portion of the roll tide game and they totally dominated!

Good morning!

My plans for a nap didn't materialize yesterday and here I 'm up at the usual time- my internal alarm clock went off today, not the real one!!:lol

I ended up going to DD's yesterday to watch Ryan- DD was going to prep some food for the bar-b-que so I volunteered to play with Ryan so she could get that done. Her MIL called - she had a procedure done last Mon and thought she had an infection- she had called her Doc and he told her to meet him at the ER --so DD took her there and I stayed with Ryan. I didn't get home till 10:30! She's ok, on antibiotics but my crocheting plans were out the window since I didn't plan on being over there so long. Hopefully this morning I can get a :crocheting time in before heading to the bar-b-que this afternoon.

Happy Labor Day!!!

Sorry you didn't get you nap or crochet time, but definitely glad to hear that dd's mil is doing fine!

Marisa ~ 'Hope your day has been a great one!

We're grilling steaks and veggies tonight. :) Have a good evening! :manyheart

[/color][/font]

Thanks. Ooooo, I love grilled steaks and veggies! I'm sure you enjoyed them as much as I would've.

Sounds like everyone is having a good day!

We're back in the 100s again, so I'm staying in as much as possible.

I've got 23 squares made, only need 32, so I'm almost there. Hope to have all the squares made by tomorrow night and then I can start putting it together. Hope this one turns out ok.

Have a great evening all!

Oh boy, I hate when the temp is up like that! Keep yourself cool.....well, I guess that helps to find hook time. Lol

Hi everyone. Its a gorgeous day here, sunny, slightly breezy and low humidity.

I just spent several hours reading a book, (had to stop because my Kindle battery dies.) when I went to switch to a different book on my Nook, that battery was nearly dead as well. So here I am.

I think that we are finally going to go to the flea market tomorrow. It's held every holiday, but its been so hot this summer that we haven't gone yet.

I think my nook needs charging too, I'll have to check on that. Have fun at the flea market, I hope you find some great deals.

Good morning and happy labor day!

Our parties were great and relaxing yesterday. Steph and bean had to head out this morning for the labor day parade, beans in the union and they walk. Then they have the pirates game this afternoon. I'm thinking I'll walk down to the rib feat for some brisket since I didn't get any the other might and that's what I really wanted. Also hoping for hook time to work on a mystery than that Joanne informed me of that just started on Saturday by a lady on ravelry.

Just spoke with my friend and she's still in the hospital, it's been confirmed she will be there until she has the baby. Between sat and sun the baby's heart rate keep dropping about 3-4x/day, but they always get it back up alright. They're really trying to hold her off to the 36 week mark. I think they're scheduling her c-section for Friday unless something more drastic happens. Wanted to keep you posted.

Marisa - Thanks for keeping us posted about your friend! We will continue to lift her and baby up in prayer. Sounds like you're going to have a relaxing possibly hooking day!

This weather is killing my sinus'. We haven't gotten any rain yet. It's very hhot and humid here!

I'm thinking about laying back down for a while.

BBL.

hi, ya, peeps!

I read all the posts:)

Still on my netbook, which is ok for routine stuff.

Joanne, I haven't even bought the yarn for the piano ghan yet! THe good news is I found an even easier graph ghan version for a piano ghan - it was buried in my graph ghan stash of files.:blush Once i get that started I'll get what I need for the greek key design. It's fun changing off from one project to another. The piano ghan will ne super easy for me - but working with the black means it'll be worked on in natural light whenever possible.

I'm better than half finished with another QALace scarf for my friend. It's Red Heart Suimmer, in purple. I never should have used the variegated when I made the first one - I've already frogged a couple of medallions because I put them in the wrong place and with the solid color it's much easier to see that.

Off I go - BB when I can!

Archived