Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Oh well, let me try to get my mojo back!

I hope it didn't go too far:lol:lol

Marisa....You're probably run down. I hope you're ok.

I've been working on the elephant square. Looks like I'll have to improvise and create one ear (it's a profile view).

Not much else....

Have a great night, my friends:hug:manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a sad day today. Got to work only to find out that my friend's mom passed away suddenly around 4AM- Her and her mom lived together- Her mom was about my age- and my friend is early 40's. Her mom had her very young and my friend is an only child. She and her mom were very close. My heart is breaking for her. Please keep her in your prayers.

Off I go to crochet and try to relax a little. It was a tough day!

Thank you all for the welcomes! I look forward to getting to know you better.

I live in Oklahoma, married to DH for almost 32 years. We have 3 children, 1 DS and DIL, and 2 DD. We have two beautiful grandsons, ages 7 and 4. Oldest one loves karate (pic with his first trophies at a tournament) and the little one just turned 4 on Saturday. The boys are the oldest DD boys. Our lives are never dull with them around! Pics below.

Forgot I had a meeting tonight and had to take the minutes, started at 6:15 and was over at 8:05--very long night. So I plan to do some crocheting to relax now.

Hugs to all!

What handsome grandsons!

Help Needed! I thought I could use the Vanna's Baby yarn leftover from several 'ghans for preemie blankies...do you think it's too thick for them? :think I've read several sites - some suggest sport weight, but others say WW is okay. Would love your input! :manyheart

Mary, I use all different weights of yarn for my preemie afghans. It's the overall size that's more important than the weight of the yarn. The only restrictions we have on ours are that they not be made out fuzzy yarn. The frizzies could have adverse affects on the preemies.

Marisa - congrats on getting a new patient. I love my chiroprator--he's really made a difference in the way I feel. I really need to go back but my work schedule won't let me :(

Joanne - I am now working on a granny square jacket for my oldest DD. If it works, I'll make one for the youngest DD and if I have time, my DIL. It calls for 32 squares and I already have 12 made. It's a pattern I got at Maggies crochet and it's a hooded jacket. Hope this one works out better than my last jacket (but I'm sure you're glad that it didn't work me!).

Thanks for the comments on the GS. They are the light of my life and keeps us hopping.

Work is horrible--the computers are still not working like they should, grrrr. And they are putting a new roof on the building (it's a very large church building) and all I've heard all week is hammering. Will be glad when it's finished.

Hope all of you are doing well. Hope those in the way of the storm are doing ok. Prayers said for those affected.

Oh, how awful! Hope they are done soon and that the computers get their kinks worked out quickly.

Hugs to all of you.

It was a sad day today. Got to work only to find out that my friend's mom passed away suddenly around 4AM- Her and her mom lived together- Her mom was about my age- and my friend is early 40's. Her mom had her very young and my friend is an only child. She and her mom were very close. My heart is breaking for her. Please keep her in your prayers.

Prayers and hugs coming your way. :hug:hug

I had an appointment with the financial aid people at the hospital. I had been upright for about an hour and a half and all of a sudden was very dizzy. They took me to the car in a wheelchair. My face was colorless and my lips were blue. We came straight home. I had my seat down all the way. My blood pressure was 112/43! Oops!! No reserves at all. Will be a long road back at this rate.

Love you all. :manyheart

Marlene, you are a wonderful grandma.

Joanne, lifting you and your friend up in prayer. My friend in Alabama lost her niece today. This is the same friend whose son was in the bad car wreck a few weeks ago. I asked you guys to pray for her in June because she lost her sister who was the mother of the now deceased niece.

Linda, good to hear from you. Praying for your complete recovery!

Val-I will keep your friend in my prayers as well. Oh my, she has had a very rough year-they say that you are never given more than you can bear, but sometimes, I have to wonder about that.

Linda- I'm surprised that if you were at the hospital, felt dizzy and were colorless and turning blue that they didn't check you out. Please take care of yourself!!!!

Thank you for the prayers for my friend. I don't think it's quite hit her yet.

Joanne and Val - prayers for your friends.

Marisa - hope you're feeling better soon. Get some rest!

Marlene - sounds like you made a lot of memories for your GD. Love having my GS here with us (they lived with us for almost 2 years) but they come every week now and spend the night.

Linda - hope you're better today. Will be praying for you.

I think the hammering is done on the main building--YEA!! They will do the gym today and I won't have to hear that noise. So looking forward to 3 days off!!! Did do a couple of squares last night but was so tired, just didn't do much.

Hugs to all and everyone have a great Friday!

Joanne and Val, praying for your friends. Sending get -well prayers for you too, Linda, sounds like recovery is going to take a while. Are you still with your friend?

I did not work yesterday, I seem to have some sort of sinus infection and had a bad headache all day. I did not do a thing. It's quite a bit better today.

My only plan for today is to do laundry. Its been over a week since I did it and it's piling up.

good morning my friends:hug

I did not work yesterday, I seem to have some sort of sinus infection and had a bad headache all day. I did not do a thing. It's quite a bit better today.

Ouch...that hurts....:hug:manyheartI hope as the day goes on today it's much better....

My only plan for today is to do laundry. Its been over a week since I did it and it's piling up.

I'm at the point of doing small loads of laundry whenever I can - I got annoyed having too much to do at once.

I had an appointment with the financial aid people at the hospital. I had been upright for about an hour and a half and all of a sudden was very dizzy. They took me to the car in a wheelchair. My face was colorless and my lips were blue. We came straight home. I had my seat down all the way. My blood pressure was 112/43! Oops!! No reserves at all. Will be a long road back at this rate.

I can't believe they sent you home!! Are you still withyour friend? You may need a med alert bracelet, my friend:hug:manyheart

Oh,how sad.... Prayers for her:hug

I think the hammering is done on the main building--YEA!! They will do the gym today and I won't have to hear that noise. So looking forward to 3 days off!!! Did do a couple of squares last night but was so tired, just didn't do much.

Hugs to all and everyone have a great Friday!

there ahave been times when I lost my crochet mojo for days and days!! I hope today is a good one!

Good morning housemates!

Thanks Sherry & Joanne for your prayers!

I'll be back later!

Val - prayers for your loved ones, too.

Looks like we could start our own prayer chain.:(

Speaking of which, I sent Julie an email and haven't heard anything back yet. I'll send her a note today.

Love, hugs and prayers to all of you. Any concerns you have, even if you don't consider them "important" are important if they make you sad, etc.

Life gets you with a right hook sometimes, and having friendships, esp among we women, can get us through a lot of things.....:hug:manyheart

Speaking of which, I sent Julie an email and haven't heard anything back yet. I'll send her a note today.

Love, hugs and prayers to all of you. Any concerns you have, even if you don't consider them "important" are important if they make you sad, etc.

Life gets you with a right hook sometimes, and having friendships, esp among we women, can get us through a lot of things.....:hug:manyheart

Judy ~ Thank you for writing so perfectly how so many of us feel. :manyheart

Lots of hugs and positive thoughts are coming for those who need them right now. :hug

Good morning ladies :hi

Thanks everyone, I still feel like I'm dragging and don't really think I can relax any more than I've been :think Last night I layed down and was doing some searching on my ipad and the time got away. But I was in bed by 11 and slept until 8:30, then layed down for another half hour before I actually got up. I stopped at Sheetz on my way in and let them make my breakfast for me :wink They're advertising a chocolate banana mocha and I wanted to try it. I got it iced only because I didn't see the hot option :( It's not too bad though....I'm just not a cold coffee kinda person :shrug Now I can't wait to go back (another day) and try a hot one :drool I always just feel like my coffee sat out too long and got cold on me :rofl

I have some paperwork to do here, run to the bank, target and I'm going to stop at the mall too. I need a new pair of exercise pants for the aerobics classes I go to. Mine keep falling down and I have to keep pulling them up :eek And I still have a giftcard with some $$ on it :bounce

Tonight Steph and Bean are going to ribfest that's in town for the weekend and I'm not sure if I'm invited too or if it's a 'date night' for them. I'll just wait and see. I don't like to encroach on their alone time together. If I'm invited, I'll go....if not, I might ask her to bring me something back :think:devil But then again, we may get food there tomorrow before the first home Pitt football game :think I'll have to wait to see what her plans are :shrug I don't have any patients scheduled for today, but saw 6 and have a new one scheduled for tomorrow morning :clap

Judy - WTG on your elephant square, I feel like you always have to fix ears :think I can't agree with you more about friends, concerns, and life :ghug

Val - Wow, sending prayers for your friend, she really has been hit hard this year :hug I hope the teacher meeting went well.

Joanne - Sending prayers for your friend as well :hug

Linda - I agree with the others, I'm surprised they didn't check you out at the hospital since you were already there when this occurred, they just sent you on your way without a second glance :angry I hope you're feeling better and don't push yourself...everything can wait for your attention until you're feeling better :hug :hug

Sherry - Glad to hear you have to listen to all the work today :clap WTG on your squares.

Cindy - Those sinus infections are no fun :no I hope you're feeling better today so you can play instead of sleep the day away :hug

Marisa - what a problem to have...exercise pants that are too loose:lol

...and I'm like you, a hot coffee person. When I get the iced coffee coupons in the circulars I give them to Phyllis:lol:lol

Hubby was at work this AM so I got a lot accomplished (even visited the Bernat site:D). I also "defurred" the carpet on the stairs:P

Time for a break now.

BBL:hug:manyheart

I'm back again. Load number one is on the line, load number two is in the washer and two bathrooms have been cleaned.

I'm definitely feeling better. A dose of Motrin really helped. Dd called and asked if I wanted to meet her for lunch, since she has a gift card for Panera, so I will meet her there when she is done with class. She started her "Doctor of Nursing Practice" program yesterday. There are only about 20 students in the class, so lots of individual attention. And surprise for her, one of her former co-workers who moved to Indiana is in the program. It'll be odd to have dd going to school again. She'll be busy, since she will also keep working.

I also invited older DD, and family to dinner tonight. I think it will just be hot dogs/burgers, chips, veggies and dip and fruit. The grandsons like that kind of stuff.

Judy, I agree with your perspective on friendships and life. I think women have a huge advantage there since we seem to be better at creating and maintaining connected and heart felt friendships. My ds has a really good friend, (they've been best friends since pre-school), but I notice that males generally have "buddies", rather than best friends, you know, for golf, fishing, hunting, drinking and so forth. My hubby is very close to his brothers, but they rarely share feelings.

I have also been wondering about Julie. In fact between her and Linda's issues, I'm beginning to wonder how we would ever find out if anything bad happened to one of us.

Marisa, its good that you are sensitive to the fact that your sis and her bf need time together. (this is a good example of women being connected to each other. :)) Hope you have a good evening, however it turns out. And congrats on the too loose exercise pants!!

Ever since I commented on how much I like Lucille Ball, I've been watching old "I Love Lucy" shows in the evenings. I have seasons 1 to 4 on DVD, and I am thinking of ordering the rest of them. I'm also thinking of getting those one hour shows that followed the "I Love Lucy" Show. (I think they were called the "Lucy and Desi Comedy Hour". I have them on VHS tape, but we no longer have a video tape player.) I have watched 9 or 10 shows of season one so far. I've seen them all multiple times, but Lucy's antics still make me laugh. Her facial expressions are priceless. For anyone who has Amazon Prime, the first two seasons are available for free viewing there.

Well, better get back to the laundry.....

Hey ladies, now I'm back to ask for more prayers...it's a busy day for that.

I just heard from my friend who is pregnant that lost one of the twins that she's at the hospital because the 2nd baby didn't grow as much as she should have since her last ultrasound so she'll be staying overnight for monitoring. I think it actually sounds positive, but you can never underestimate the power of prayer. The heartbeat is good and strong. She's at 35 weeks now and they'd like her to hit 36 before delivering. My thoughts are since the first baby that didn't make it was unable to be removed, she's taking up the extra space and is prohibiting this baby from growing futher. I'm guessing they'll be doing a c-section once she reaches the point they want her at :think But, that's not my area of expertise....any thoughts from the nurses here???

Thanks everyone :hug

Marisa - what a problem to have...exercise pants that are too loose:lol

...and I'm like you, a hot coffee person. When I get the iced coffee coupons in the circulars I give them to Phyllis:lol:lol

Hubby was at work this AM so I got a lot accomplished (even visited the Bernat site:D). I also "defurred" the carpet on the stairs:P

Time for a break now.

BBL:hug:manyheart

Definitely not complaining about the pants, just need a pair that don't make me look goofy to keep pulling up when bouncing around :rofl

I'm back again. Load number one is on the line, load number two is in the washer and two bathrooms have been cleaned.

I'm definitely feeling better. A dose of Motrin really helped. Dd called and asked if I wanted to meet her for lunch, since she has a gift card for Panera, so I will meet her there when she is done with class. She started her "Doctor of Nursing Practice" program yesterday. There are only about 20 students in the class, so lots of individual attention. And surprise for her, one of her former co-workers who moved to Indiana is in the program. It'll be odd to have dd going to school again. She'll be busy, since she will also keep working.

I also invited older DD, and family to dinner tonight. I think it will just be hot dogs/burgers, chips, veggies and dip and fruit. The grandsons like that kind of stuff.

I have also been wondering about Julie. In fact between her and Linda's issues, I'm beginning to wonder how we would ever find out if anything bad happened to one of us.

Marisa, its good that you are sensitive to the fact that your sis and her bf need time together. (this is a good example of women being connected to each other. :)) Hope you have a good evening, however it turns out. And congrats on the too loose exercise pants!!

Ever since I commented on how much I like Lucille Ball, I've been watching old "I Love Lucy" shows in the evenings. I have seasons 1 to 4 on DVD, and I am thinking of ordering the rest of them. I'm also thinking of getting those one hour shows that followed the "I Love Lucy" Show. (I think they were called the "Lucy and Desi Comedy Hour". I have them on VHS tape, but we no longer have a video tape player.) I have watched 9 or 10 shows of season one so far. I've seen them all multiple times, but Lucy's antics still make me laugh. Her facial expressions are priceless. For anyone who has Amazon Prime, the first two seasons are available for free viewing there.

Well, better get back to the laundry.....

Good news to hear you're feeling a bit better. And congrats to dd, you're right....she'll be super busy, but it will be worth it in the end :yes

I've also often wondered how we would know if something happened to any of us??? :think

Maybe we need to tell our loved ones that crochetville is the first place they need to go if we're in the hospital or worse??:think

And walk them through the sign on process....;)

Well, I keep my computer, my parents computer, and my ipad signed on so they shouldn't even have to sign on. My whole family, and Maryann, knows I chat with you ladies every day too.

But I guess they probably need to know the site :think:yes

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, Glad you a nice relaxing vacation. I wouldn't of opened the door either. :clap for another patient! Hope your not getting sick. What's your plans this weekend?

Cindy, I'll be picking up my tablet today. So I'll let you know my review on it. I was thinking of getting a Kindle Fire, but I if I remember right I think it is the one that is getting replaced but I could be wrong. I am cheap to. Just ask my husband. Hope your feeling better. Enjoy your four day weekend.

Sherry, Your GS are just adorable! Love the red ghan. Can't wait to see your GSJ. Glad things have quieted down at your work. Hope you get the computer troubles figured out soon. I'm 56 married, I have a son recently divorced who has a son 8 and a daughter 6, a daughter in a relationship with Maya's daddy and she only has one (Maya), a stepdaughter married with a freshman in college (son) and a daughter 17.

We have taken care of Maya full time forever (she's only 6) until she started school last year then it was just the summer, same as this year. Hubby has loved having her here just as much as I have. She is just as much his buddy as she is mine. She enjoys fishing, cleaning the pond, being outdoors with him and of course snuggles with him in his recliner.

Judy, I agree with Mary your words speak for many of us. Your potato salad and ribs sound yummy.

Mary, Fun time with Luke & DD shopping. I used ww yarn for the baby blankets I have made the GKs.

Linda, I am surprised someone at the hospital didn't make you go to er or call someone for you. Please be careful! Prayers for your recovery.

Val, I know how you feel after being around the smokers. We have a couple of friends we visit and hubbys brother and sil both smoke. Sometimes when we leave there we smell like we have been in a bar. Sometimes it kicks my sinuses into fits. Prayers for your friend. :clap for finishing the two afghans. My plans since Maya is gone home is getting this house organized and going through my yarn and see what I have. I would like to go through my two large file cabinets to.

Joanne, I have wonderful memories with both of my Grandma's. I was one Grandma's favorite. But close to both of them. I'm glad I have had the opportunity to make a special bond with Maya. I learned knitting in 4-H. I made a pair of mittens. Prayers for your friend.

Maya and I had a great day yesterday. We went to some garage sales. She picked up a journal for a teenager. It had a lock on it so I think that is what drew her to it. But she forgot it in the car. We went to the island and while sitting there waiting for my sister and her GS, Maya wrote inside the book "I Love You Dad" so I told her to make that her book to Daddy (he's in CA) and we dated the first page. I told her she could write what we did today and do that each day and Daddy would really like that. When I discovered it in the car I called DD and told her to take one of those notebooks I gave Maya and use it until she got the journal. I hope they do. We went to lunch with my sister and Logan (he'll be 6 in november). They get along really well. Then we met up with her Mom and they went home. DD's Grandma's birthday is today so they went out to lunch together. They asked us to come along but I wanted to do the island with Maya.

Today I have been doing laundry. Were going to go to walmart later this afternoon. I know i'll wish we would of gone earlier when it wasn't so hot.

I need to get off here so I'll catch everyone later. Hope everyone has a good day!

Good morning!

Marisa- Prayers for your friend-:hug Glad you joined the mysteryghan- first clue arrived this morning! Not sure if I'll be able to keep up , but not worried about it. I'll print out the clues each week and work on it as I can!

I went over to my friend's house yesterday after work with a couple of others. She's feeling overwhelmed and as she said, had a mini-breakdown yesterday. This was to be expected since her mom's untimely passing is a shock! She had a tough day and I'm glad that we were able to help her out. I'm planning to go back over this afternoon. She has some out of town relatives who will be coming up but they don't arrive till tomorrow.

With that being said, i've got to take care of some things here at home so I'd better get OFF the computer and get going!

Have a good day everyone!

Good morning ladies :hi

Figured I'd check in while waiting for my new patient to arrive :D I did go with my sister and bf to the rib fest last night and one of the local bands played a show (they do every year there and it's free) We also met another friend and her husband there. Steph and I shared some ribs for one place, which were good.....until I tasted one of Bean's. They spot he got his at was WAY better! LOL But the brisket from there wasn't so hot :shrug The bad part is that every year we can never remember which we liked from the year before :think

Marlene - Great idea with Maya and the journal for her dad :manyheart

Joanne - Continued prayers for your friend, I'm glad you're able to be there for her :hug

Cindy - I hope you get your cleaning done quickly so you can enjoy the day :wink

Hi House. :) I've just read back through posts! I've hardly been home the last couple of days, but hope to have some quiet time this weekend. Does anyone have plans for Labor Day?

I started a ripple preemie 'ghan last night in aqua, duckie and white - hopefully there will be enough yarn! :yarn

Better get busy...how can two people create so much laundry? :lol Have a good morning, all. :ghug

Archived