Our House Part Two

JulieKay

I had to chuckle at Judy's comment regarding working 5 days a week:

"they sit on their you know what all day':lol:lol If only that was the case!!:lol I work in an office- but I'm hardly on my 'you know what all day" :lol I feel like a jumping jack= up /down/up/down- walk across the office to a meeting- then back across to another meeting- and back across way over the other side of the office and so it goes:lol:lol:lol

I needed the laugh, so thank you!!!

Cindy- Hang in there!!! As others mentioned- Apple is coming out with a smaller one. DH gets the Apple magazine and there was an article about it-

Marlene- Have fun with your new toy!!!

Marisa! Welcome home!!!!! Yes, I did get to craft club last night!

Linda- glad to hear you are on the mend.

Dh just got home- so off I go!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tv was quite loud last night, but usually I keep it pretty soft.

keep the sound up...and lights on....esp when you're alone:hug

I wish they would start making phones smaller again! They keep coming bigger and bigger :( Maybe it's a good sign for things to come if the new ipad will be smaller :xfin

I know what you mean! I thought my Blackberry was big - till I got the motorola Droid:P

Wonderful picture of Lucy with big brother.Thanks:manyheart

I am doing better today. I took a nap this afternoon which really helped a lot. The cough is probably going to hang on for a while, but my chest feels a lot better than it did. I am going to have to "make haste slowly." I have no reserves left, but oh well, eventually all the boxes will get unpacked and things all put away.

Hope you all have a good day and evening. :hug :hug :hug :hug

You have nothing to prevent you from resting. The boxes will be done eventually. You should really get strong and get your reserves up before Winter gets here!:hug:manyheart

I had to chuckle at Judy's comment regarding working 5 days a week:

"they sit on their you know what all day':lol:lol If only that was the case!!:lol I work in an office- but I'm hardly on my 'you know what all day" :lol I feel like a jumping jack= up /down/up/down- walk across the office to a meeting- then back across to another meeting- and back across way over the other side of the office and so it goes:lol:lol:lol

I needed the laugh, so thank you!!!

:bow

Thank you all for the welcomes! I look forward to getting to know you better.

I live in Oklahoma, married to DH for almost 32 years. We have 3 children, 1 DS and DIL, and 2 DD. We have two beautiful grandsons, ages 7 and 4. Oldest one loves karate (pic with his first trophies at a tournament) and the little one just turned 4 on Saturday. The boys are the oldest DD boys. Our lives are never dull with them around! Pics below.

Forgot I had a meeting tonight and had to take the minutes, started at 6:15 and was over at 8:05--very long night. So I plan to do some crocheting to relax now.

Hugs to all!

post-27829-135897775685_thumb.jpg

post-27829-135897775692_thumb.jpg

Quick fly by on this Hump Day!! Another day in the trenches- LOL I have an 8AM meeting (sure beats those late afternoon meetings, though) so I'd better get it in gear here.

Linda- rest up!

Judy- Nice save by Soriano- sure made up for the other night! Did you watch it?

Praying for all those in New Orleans and in the path of Isaac! Scary stuff!

BBL after work!

morning peeps!!

Thank you all for the welcomes! I look forward to getting to know you better.

I live in Oklahoma, married to DH for almost 32 years. We have 3 children, 1 DS and DIL, and 2 DD. We have two beautiful grandsons, ages 7 and 4. Oldest one loves karate (pic with his first trophies at a tournament) and the little one just turned 4 on Saturday. The boys are the oldest DD boys. Our lives are never dull with them around! Pics below.

They look so happy:manyheart

My DS took karate at the same age as your GSs. It was a good thing for him to do.

Forgot I had a meeting tonight and had to take the minutes, started at 6:15 and was over at 8:05--very long night. So I plan to do some crocheting to relax now.

Hugs to all!

Not sure if I introduced myself earlier! I'm 63 and have been married for almost 45 years. Our DS is 37 and our furbabies keep us hopping (those 2 German shepherds in an earlier picture;)) I'm basically a self-taught crocheter, though I must have the right genes because my mom crocheted beautifully, as did my father's mom.... I also do other crafts occasionally and some knitting - but barely:lol

Judy- Nice save by Soriano- sure made up for the other night! Did you watch it?

I did!:D

Praying for all those in New Orleans and in the path of Isaac! Scary stuff!

BBL after work!

That is scary...

Off to see Phyllis this morning....and for dinner DH has requested potato salad (my homemade version, which is to die for) and ribs. THAT will be interesting:lol....I've never made them, but I have a simple recipe I came across....

Jules, Linda, everyone - thinking of you all!!!!

A quick good morning...again. I'm meeting DD and Luke for his haircut and then we're going shoe shopping. :)

Sherry ~ Your grandsons are adorable and have wonderful smiles!

Linda ~ I hope you're able to get lots of rest. :manyheart When will you go back to your house?

Hugs to everyone - need to leave in 5 minutes and I'm not dressed yet. :eek:lol

Good morning housemates!

We got back to Georgia around 2:15a. Our resurvey of the property was approved. We have to go back on the 11th to submit apps for permits along with the contractor.

I'm not feeling so well because my sister and her husband smokes a lot. You smell like smoke when you leave. Lord help when I spend the night.

I spent the day with my best friend on yesterday because my meeting wasn't until 7p. My sister that drove over with me had to work the city election polls. My friend and I ate at our favorite bbq restaurant!

Sherry - welcome. I'm a Bama girl living in Georgia. I live with 1 of my 3 sisters, her son, daughter, and granddaughter (8 yrs old). I've never married and have no kids. Currently, we're trying to restore our family home in Bama. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to move back home next year! I've recently started sellingmy crochet work.

Linda - glad to hear you're okay and on the mend!

Marisa - glad you had a good vacation...and did not open your door to a stranger.

Cindy - hope work is kind to you the next few days.

Joanne - good for you having a morning meeting. I know how you feel about afternoon meetings. Do leave paradise on time for YOU!

Judy - the furples are looking good. I'm glad the hip is ok.

Marlene - thinking of you and the adjustment you have to make after a fun summer with Maya! We're mid Georgia, thus so far we're only getting rain off and on.

Mary - how's the weather in Texas. My aunt lives in Burleson. My sister talks to her daily do I have to check with her to see how things are there.

Julie, Tab and Laura...hope all is well. Hve a great day to all of the HOUSE!

Good morning ladies :hi

I had a good day yesterday and a new patient!!! :clap Now at 41 total :yay Someone I know from my neighborhood. I was still here when Steph and Bean got home from Ocean City and they called and asked me to pick up dinner from a little restaurant out near here. I painted my toes last night, watched tv, and started a book on my nook during commercial breaks :D So it was a nice and relaxing evening for me.

I have 2 patients today and think in between them I'll have to meet my sister to drop off Bean's car at the garage. They are going to the Pirates game tonight, so I'll have the evening alone so I think I see crocheting in my future :lol

Linda - Glad to hear that you are feeling better and on the mend. Take your time with the boxes, you're right....they'll get done when they get done. You have all the time in the world :hug

Judy - Wonderful blog post :clap I hope you're having a great meet up with Phyllis. Enjoy your potato salad and good luck with the ribs!

Joanne - Glad you're meeting was in the morning as opposed to the afternoon. I'm sure you're being a yo-yo at work again :D

Sherry - You're grandsons are adorable and the older one is so proud with his trophies :manyheart I'm sure they do keep you busy.

Mary - I hope Lukes haircut goes well and that you get some good finds while shoe shopping.

Val - Sorry you're not feeling well because of the smoke :hug

Mary, I hope you had fun with DD and Luke!

Good morning housemates!

We got back to Georgia around 2:15a. Our resurvey of the property was approved. We have to go back on the 11th to submit apps for permits along with the contractor.

Awesome! It's getting started!:clap

I'm not feeling so well because my sister and her husband smokes a lot. You smell like smoke when you leave. Lord help when I spend the night.

Having grown up with smoke, I know how that goes. ICK:P

Get some fresh air whenever you can!:hug

Judy - the furples are looking good. I'm glad the hip is ok.

Thanks!:D

Take care, hon:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

I had a good day yesterday and a new patient!!! :clap Now at 41 total :yay

Wonderful news!

Someone I know from my neighborhood. I was still here when Steph and Bean got home from Ocean City and they called and asked me to pick up dinner from a little restaurant out near here. I painted my toes last night, watched tv, and started a book on my nook during commercial breaks :D So it was a nice and relaxing evening for me.those evenings are nice...esp since you were used to living on your own!

I have 2 patients today and think in between them I'll have to meet my sister to drop off Bean's car at the garage. They are going to the Pirates game tonight, so I'll have the evening alone so I think I see crocheting in my future :lol

Good for you!!

Judy - Wonderful blog post :clap I hope you're having a great meet up with Phyllis. Enjoy your potato salad and good luck with the ribs!

Thanks! It was fun writing it.

P and I had a nice visit...I'm always rushing off after an hour and a half unfortunatley, but at least we see each other. We DO miss seeing you and Joanne....

I sampled the potato salad - yummo:D

And the ribs are in the oven and smell wonderful:c9

Hi again. :)

Judy ~ Yum! I can almost smell ribs cooking. :lol Potato salad and ribs - doesn't get any better than that! I'm so glad you had a chance to see Phyllis this a.m.!

Valerie ~ You sure had a long day yesterday! Were you able to finish the afghan(s)? Our weather has been almost pleasant the last week or so. ;) Low 90s and even a couple of rain showers have helped a lot. :yes

Marisa ~ Yay for another new patient!:clap Enjoy your crochet time this evening. :hook

DD, Luke and I had fun at our favorite childrens' shop - where Grammy tends to spend lots of money. :lol He was a sweetie and let them try on several pairs of shoes. DD liked one style so we got those and a couple more things for new baby. (Still no name!) Then we went to another store and got his first pair of Nikes. His haircut isn't too short, but he looks so much more grown up...it will take a while to get used to it!

Time for me to accomplish something here at home. Have a good afternoon, everyone.:manyheart

Help Needed! I thought I could use the Vanna's Baby yarn leftover from several 'ghans for preemie blankies...do you think it's too thick for them? :think I've read several sites - some suggest sport weight, but others say WW is okay. Would love your input! :manyheart

Thanks ladies, I'm feeling somewhat better.

Marisa - WTG on building your business. Enjoy your evening of crocheting.

Mary - I did get to finish and deliver the ghans. I don't know anything about Vanna's yarn. I've never used it!

Judy - dinner soounds delicious!

Just picked up my Dneph...waiting for him to come out of the grocery store

It is very humid here.

Help Needed! I thought I could use the Vanna's Baby yarn leftover from several 'ghans for preemie blankies...do you think it's too thick for them? :think I've read several sites - some suggest sport weight, but others say WW is okay. Would love your input! :manyheart

Mary, I think Linda always uses WW - I do, too, when giving my friend blankies for the NICU. Some babies are big, too - it's not just the tiny ones who need ICU. THe Vanna's, IMO, is fluffy and not heavy, so I think you'd be ok with it.

I think you should be alright with it. You're only making a tiny ghan and I don't remember that yarn being too heavy, like Judy said :)

Hello everyone. Super busy day at work today, but not a bad day. I like it to be busy, so I didn't mind. One more day and then I have 4 days off.

Joanne, I would rather have morning meetings than late afternoon ones. However, I notice that my meetings do seem to be in the afternoon more often than early in the day.

Judy, your dinner sounds yummy.

Sherry, your grandsons are cute and have such nice smiles. Just to introduce myself to you, I'm 55 (yikes, how did that happen??!!!), married for 34 years, have two daughters, one son, one son in law and 4 grandsons. I am a critical care nurse,(I work 20 hours a week) and like to craft and garden. Mostly I crochet and sew, but I also knit, cross stitch, embroider, make jewelry and cards, and quilt.

Mary, I've made premie blankets out of soft WW yarn, as Judy says those babies come in all sizes. I usually make the ww ones a little bigger than I would make them out of baby weight or sport weight yarn.

Marisa, :cheer:clap for another patient!!!

Linda, hope you are resting and taking good care of yourself.

Val, WTG on finishing the afghans. Do you have more projects lined up?

Hi all,

WTG on another new patient, Marisa!!! What do you plan to have on your hook tonight? Last night I opted to do a little knitting- slowly but surely my scarf (or what may be a hat (with the help of one of the gals at craft club) or cowl is growing! Next week I want to learn how to 'purl'.

Judy- Love the pic-- and Lucy is quite the character. I guess she wants the guest room to be her room!!! We'll have to plan a Sat morning meet up- At least I see Phyllis at CC every week! Miss you (and Marisa too)

Mary- I know how easy it is for Grammie to spend lots of money! It's so hard to resist all the cute things- We got Ryan's shoes and of course I paid! LOL- I'm always on the lookout for good deals when I'm out shopping and end up buying something for Ryan. After Ryan got his first haircut, I was a little sad- only because it was obvious he was now a little boy and not a baby anymore- the sadness lasted a quick second! He's so much fun with each passing month! Love having a little boy to play with and spoil since I only had daughters!

Val- Hope you've recovered from the trek to Bama- great to hear that things are starting to progress on that front!

Sherry- Hope your day went well today-without too many computer glitches! What's on your hook now?

Linda, Julie, Tab, maryD and the rest of the 'house'--have a good evening- and pop in when you can!

Marisa - congrats on getting a new patient. I love my chiroprator--he's really made a difference in the way I feel. I really need to go back but my work schedule won't let me :(

Joanne - I am now working on a granny square jacket for my oldest DD. If it works, I'll make one for the youngest DD and if I have time, my DIL. It calls for 32 squares and I already have 12 made. It's a pattern I got at Maggies crochet and it's a hooded jacket. Hope this one works out better than my last jacket (but I'm sure you're glad that it didn't work me!).

Thanks for the comments on the GS. They are the light of my life and keeps us hopping.

Work is horrible--the computers are still not working like they should, grrrr. And they are putting a new roof on the building (it's a very large church building) and all I've heard all week is hammering. Will be glad when it's finished.

Hope all of you are doing well. Hope those in the way of the storm are doing ok. Prayers said for those affected.

Hugs to all of you.

Hi Ladies,

I'm just dropping in quickly. Maya is in bed and waiting for me. I have her all packed up and ready to go home tomorrow.:( She has told me many times today what a good grandma Iam. We are going to miss her a lot. I think it gets harder to send her home the older she gets. We finished the day off by she painted my toes and I did her hands and feet.

Hubby golfs in the morning and we are going to go to the island back in my home town and walk and feed the ducks. Taking the camera so I will have to figure out how to share them here. The only thing we didn't conquer that I wanted to is teaching how to ride her bike. She can't balance it yet. I keep telling her it takes practice just like tying her shoes. So we will do it next year. She's taking her bike home so she and her Mom can ride bikes.

Hope everyone has a good thursday! I'll catch up late tomorrow or friday.

Good morning!

Sherry- Oh, that must be terrible working and having to listen to the hammering on the roof all day long! Sure hope they get the work done quickly! On top of that to have the computers not working properly must be so frustrating! Can't wait to see pics of the Granny square jacket!

Marlene- Big hugs! I know you are going to miss having Maya around! You ARE a good grandma and you have created such wonderful memories for Maya! There is nothing like the bond between a grandma and granddaughter! I have such fond memories of the times I spent with each of mine!

I worked on the scarf a little bit last night, but was getting very tired and knew if I continued, I'd start messing up, so I put it down and decided to grab some sleep!

Hope you all have a good Thursday!

Good morning housemates!

I was in bed and asleep before 8:30 last night. I feel much better.

Marlene - you are a wonderful grandma. I've had fun living your summer with Maya through your posts. What will you be up to when Maya is gone?

Joanne - I've learned after frogging that ghan to stop when I'm tiredm. Have a good day in paradise!

Have a good day all!

BBL!!

Hi, ladies!!

Sherry - yup, that sound of banging from construction goes right through me, too! I hope all goes smoothly...'puter, etc...soon!

Val - I had a good night's sleep last night, too - nothing like it to improve the mood for the next day!!

Hi Ladies,

I'm just dropping in quickly. Maya is in bed and waiting for me. I have her all packed up and ready to go home tomorrow.:( She has told me many times today what a good grandma Iam. We are going to miss her a lot. I think it gets harder to send her home the older she gets. We finished the day off by she painted my toes and I did her hands and feet. Aw, she's so adorable:c9 And you are a good- GREAT - grandma!! Like Joanne said, you've made a lot of wonderful memories for Maya.

Hubby golfs in the morning and we are going to go to the island back in my home town and walk and feed the ducks. Taking the camera so I will have to figure out how to share them here. The only thing we didn't conquer that I wanted to is teaching how to ride her bike. She can't balance it yet. I keep telling her it takes practice just like tying her shoes. So we will do it next year. She's taking her bike home so she and her Mom can ride bikes.

Hope everyone has a good thursday! I'll catch up late tomorrow or friday.

I hope you have a great day today - all positive:hug:manyheart

Hi to everyone else...Laundry for me today, changing sheets, etc. I'll be taking Lucy for a walk first. It's wonderful out there this morning. Going to 85 today, but this morning is perfect and comfortable.

I didn't pick up a hook at all yesterday - too busy cooking and visiting. The ribs and potato salad were a huge hit with DH.

It only took me 44 1/2 years to get up the nerve to make ribs:lol:lol:lol:lol

BBL!

Good morning housemates :hi

I feel like it should be the afternoon already :eek I think I'm getting sick and my body's trying to fight it off. I guess only time will tell. I only made it to the gym 1 day so far this week, I just keep sleeping and did the same thing about a week and a half before vacation. :think But, then I can't tell if the congestion setting in is a cold or allergies, but I'm leaning towards the cold option :shrug

I didn't do any crocheting last night. Just kinda layed down and watched tv again finishing up my book during commercials. (It was a short book, :lol) I had a patient this morning and another later. I have some calls to make here today.

Cindy - :yay for a 4 day weekend

Mary - Don't second guess yourself :no I always try to stick with my gut feeling :yes:lol

Joanne - WTG on your scarf. You'll do fine with the purl, it's just as easy as the knit :yes

Joanne, Judy, & Phyllis - I miss you ladies too! I should be in Newark for my activator seminar the last weekend in October, but of course I won't be available during the day at all. Class goes on Sat from 9-5 and Sun 8-1. Not sure on specifics yet though.

Judy - Glad to hear the ribs were a hit :h5 Have fun with your laundry :wink

Sherry - Sorry work is so horrible right now AND getting in the way of seeing your chiro :lol Hopefully you'll find a little open window to get in :xfin

Marlene - It will be quite with Maya heading back today :hug I agree with the others that she'll have so many wonderful memories due to you and that you are an awesome grandma :hug

Val - Glad to hear you slept well :clap What's on your hook today?

Archived