Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi everyone. :) A big thank you for the sweet comments on my fish 'ghan. :manyheart

Shannon ~ It's wonderful that you're still writing. Two books going at once is awesome. :cheer

Joanne ~ I hope you're spending time with your hook today. There's never enough crochet time, IMO. :lol

Judy ~ Did you get lots of goodies at Delicious Orchards?

Valerie ~ Have a wonderful time with your sister today! Way to go on finishing the afghan. :clap

Marlene ~ Hi! You found great bargains at the garage sales! I know you'll miss Maya when she goes home...I hope she loves her new teacher(s)!

I have sorted, filed, paid bills and dusted the office today. Things are all caught up for now - or until the mail comes tomorrow. :lol

I hope you are all having a good Sunday! :)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, ladies!

I got a few goodies at Delicious Orchards: whole Grain bread..and cider donuts and a pecan coffee ring:devil

Judy - glad Lucy is on the mend. Who are you giving the animal ghan to?

If my neighbor across the street has another boy (this is her 3rd child) she'll get it...otherwise I'll hold on to it for another gift giving occasion. If she has a girl she'll get the lilac and purple one I made.....

Off I go. Have a great night everyone:hug:manyheart

Just getting ready to pick up the hook and yarn!!

Spent the afternoon with DD and Ryan--and then they came here and I made mashed potatoes (with the Yukon gold potatoes I picked up yesterday at the Orchards), zucchini, and chicken. Ryan liked the chicken and potatoes. The zucchini, not so much. But he did like the tomatoes w/mozzarella cheese!!. I told DD that as much as I love spending time with her and Ryan (and I do), I wanted a couple of hours to myself tonight to crochet a bit! She totally understood!!!

Glad that you had a good weekend Marlene! I know you are going to miss Maya when she goes back home!! Great deal on the crochet books!

Judy- I ended up giving my DD 5 of the cider donuts! She and SIL love them too! My DH doesn't eat them and I surely don't need to eat an entire bag of them!

Mary- I am trying to get in some hook time and I agree, there is never enough time.

So on that note, I wish you all a good night and if I'm not back in the morning, a good Monday. I'm off to crochet!!!

Hi Ladies,

I sat outside today and crocheted. I got a pattern off of jpfun.com for a dishcloth. It's called honeycomb dishcloth. It's like the rr only it uses popcorns (she calls them kernals). I got to the last round and discovered an error two rows back and had to frog back.

Maya went swimming for awhile while I was crocheting. When she got in she said it was very very cold, so I knew I wasn't swimming. Her Mom said I have to get her up at 7 every morning this week so she will get back in the routine.

Have a good night and a nice monday.

Good Monday morning!

I finished the purple shawl last night and then started another QA lace scarf to replace one that I had taken out of my Christmas gift pile to give to a friend at work for her birthday. I was glad to finally finish the shawl. Will try and get pics sometime this week.

Craft club tonight so probably won't be back till later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thinking of ALL in the house-

Good morning housemates!

Getting ready to drop DGN off at school.

I'm going to Bama later today. My sister has to work the voting poles. We also have a meeting on tomorrow. We will drive back tomorrow night.

I will be crocheting like mad all day. I was getting ready to put on the border and realized that 1/4 of the way into the ghan I'd started dc on a hdc ghan. I had to frog 3/4 of the ghan. I was able to redo 1/4...1/2 left. I should have it done. My cousin texted me yesterday to let me know she received the payment. I'll getter done!

Have a great day all!

'morning!!!!

Hi Ladies,

I sat outside today and crocheted. I got a pattern off of jpfun.com for a dishcloth. It's called honeycomb dishcloth. It's like the rr only it uses popcorns (she calls them kernals). I got to the last round and discovered an error two rows back and had to frog back.Oh - that's frustrating!!!

Maya went swimming for awhile while I was crocheting. When she got in she said it was very very cold, so I knew I wasn't swimming. Her Mom said I have to get her up at 7 every morning this week so she will get back in the routine.

Have a good night and a nice monday.

I used to do that with DS when he was young: a week before it started we would get into the school routine...great move!:)

Good Monday morning!

I finished the purple shawl last night and then started another QA lace scarf to replace one that I had taken out of my Christmas gift pile to give to a friend at work for her birthday. I was glad to finally finish the shawl. Will try and get pics sometime this week.

Craft club tonight so probably won't be back till later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thinking of ALL in the house-

Looking forward to pictures! I hope work goes well.

Not much on the agenda today - Monday I clean upstairs. We also have a scratched wall next to the front doo that needs to be sanded and repainted. Miss Lucy's enthusiasm:P

Then after lunch I'm meeting a friend for coffee...she needs a listening ear and I'm cheaper than a therapist:lol

Good morning housemates!

Getting ready to drop DGN off at school.

I'm going to Bama later today. My sister has to work the voting poles. We also have a meeting on tomorrow. We will drive back tomorrow night.

I will be crocheting like mad all day. I was getting ready to put on the border and realized that 1/4 of the way into the ghan I'd started dc on a hdc ghan. I had to frog 3/4 of the ghan. I was able to redo 1/4...1/2 left. I should have it done. My cousin texted me yesterday to let me know she received the payment. I'll getter done!

Have a great day all!

Wow...good thing you found the mistake!!:eek

Off I go...Have a great day, my friends!:hug:manyheart

'Afternoon everyone!

Marlene ~ Crocheting and watching Maya swim sounds so nice. Sorry you had to frog, but glad you were able to fix it! :)

Joanne ~ Yay for finishing your shawl! :yay Looking forward to pictures. :yes

Valerie ~ By now you're probably in Alabama...and still crocheting. :wink I imagine we've all done what you did at least once, but it's so hard to frog that much. :hug

Judy ~ I hope you had a good visit with your friend. :)

Marisa ~ We've missed you - I hope you're having a wonderful time!

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :waving

I got a late start this a.m. after being awakened by Miss Gracie at 2 and finally sleeping from 4 until almost 7. Then errands and grocery shopping and a little crochet time. I finished a baby hat in hdc and may try another pattern next. :crocheting

Judy ~ I hope you had a good visit with your friend. :)

She needed to vent;)...but regardless of the reason, it's always good to see her.

I got a late start this a.m. after being awakened by Miss Gracie at 2 and finally sleeping from 4 until almost 7. Then errands and grocery shopping and a little crochet time. I finished a baby hat in hdc and may try another pattern next. :crocheting

Those middle of the night calls really mess up your sleep....

Looking forward to seeing a picture!

we had some much needed rain this afternoon, so I'm hoping that it means the Yankee game tonight will be played without any rain to interrupt it!

No hook time today - other things needed to get done. Maybe when I'm watching the game tonight I'll pull out the elephant graph and work on that.

Off I go for the night. :hug:manyheart

Hello everyone. I was in a reading mood this weekend, and never did get on-line. I read three mysteries and a biography in between laundry and other chores.

Work was slow today, and tomorrow I have to teach a class. Then work again Wednesday and Thursday.

I'm going to say good night and go do class prep. My brother was in Chicago today for a business meeting and is stopping by here on his way home to Ontario. He will spend the night, but I won't see much of him, since I have to be at work at 7 tomorrow morning.

Ta-da! Finally finished. :hook The pattern is from A Book of Baby Afghans-Book 5. I used Vanna's yarn in Aqua, Duckie and Sweet Pea.

Beautiful!

Hi! Things have been wild in my little corner of the world. I could NOT kick the flu cycle I was caught up in so finally called my friend, Carol, on

Thursday and said "Help!" She took me to the ER and I was admitted to the hospital. I was severely dehydrated. My BP was only 96/37. That explains the severe dizziness. I also had bronchitis, had a urinary tract infection, and was severely anemic. I've been a sick cookie. They got things under control and I got discharged this afternoon. I'm staying with Carol for a while to get more built up before going back to my apartment. My friend network is kicking in and will be bringing me meals when I do get there.

Miss you all.

Love you all. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Beautiful!

Hi! Things have been wild in my little corner of the world. I could NOT kick the flu cycle I was caught up in so finally called my friend, Carol, on

Thursday and said "Help!" She took me to the ER and I was admitted to the hospital. I was severely dehydrated. My BP was only 96/37. That explains the severe dizziness. I also had bronchitis, had a urinary tract infection, and was severely anemic. I've been a sick cookie. They got things under control and I got discharged this afternoon. I'm staying with Carol for a while to get more built up before going back to my apartment. My friend network is kicking in and will be bringing me meals when I do get there.

Miss you all.

Love you all. :hug :hug :hug:hug:hug:hug

Oh, my!!!!! TG for friends! Please take it easy:hug:manyheart

Evening ladies,

It was a quiet night at Craft Club tonight- only 4 of us tonight- but it was fun none-the-less!!! Phyllis had her kindle owl cover she made- and let me tell you it is the cutest thing!! Love that crocodile stitch she used. I did a little crocheting and then some knitting- I'm ready to move on to learning the purl stitch-LOL

Linda!! Oh, my word- I'm so glad that you got to the ER- that's scary stuff with the BP so low- I'm glad your friend network is kicking in. You did so much work prepping the house for John and Kim's move- and probably wore yourself out!!! Please take care.

Cindy- Sounds like you had a very relaxing weekend with all the reading you got done!!! Hope you get a little time with your brother- but know what it's like to have to get up early to be at work at the crack of dawn-

Judy- that rain was something else. It was a torrential downpour- but sure beats a hurricane or anything like that. Got home and DH had the Yankee game on- and they are winning- always nice to see!

Mary-I'll bet the baby had is cute! Can't wait to see.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday- I couldn't wait to escape paradise today- it was too crazy busy! I'm planning to leave on time tomorrow night to get the oil changed in my car- they have a special on Tuesday's and they close at 6

Hi there all, is there room for one more? My friend, Imanurse55 (Joanne), said this is a great group!

I've been busy crocheting a RR baby blanket and another blankie for my GS who just turned 4 on Saturday (it was a replacement blanket for one that was ruined by an intruder in their home). I have them both done and have now started on a granny square jacket for one of my girls.

Joanne - looking foward to a picture of your shawl!

Linda - take it easy and rest and get well.

To those in the path of the hurricane, be safe and know that prayers are being said for all that are in the path of this storm.

Hugs to all.

Good morning!

Sherry- Glad you found your way over to "our House"- this IS a great group of ladies!!

The pic you posted of GS with the replacement blanket on FB is so adorable!

Well, Judy- I guess I shouldn't have turned the Yankee game on- only to see Soriano blow it! Tough loss!! How's Lucy feeling? And I've been meaning to ask you- how is your hip?

Time for this gal to get a move on- I hit the 'snooze' button this morning-

See you all later- have a good day!!!

Hi there all, is there room for one more? My friend, Imanurse55 (Joanne), said this is a great group!

There's always room for one more! I'm sure Joanne told you about us here: we all work on different things, thougoccasionally we get inspired and play copy cat when someone starts a project.

I've been busy crocheting a RR baby blanket and another blankie for my GS who just turned 4 on Saturday (it was a replacement blanket for one that was ruined by an intruder in their home). I have them both done and have now started on a granny square jacket for one of my girls.

Can you post the pic here that Joanne mentioned?

To those in the path of the hurricane, be safe and know that prayers are being said for all that are in the path of this storm.

Hugs to all.

See you later!

Good morning!

Sherry- Glad you found your way over to "our House"- this IS a great group of ladies!!

The pic you posted of GS with the replacement blanket on FB is so adorable!

Well, Judy- I guess I shouldn't have turned the Yankee game on- only to see Soriano blow it! Tough loss!! How's Lucy feeling? And I've been meaning to ask you- how is your hip?

Time for this gal to get a move on- I hit the 'snooze' button this morning-

See you all later- have a good day!!!

Bad ending to that game....UGH.:P

My hip is very, good! All the PT that DS did on me kicked in....my internist had said to give it about 3 weeks or so, and it was soon after that when I was able to lay on my left side again:D

THinking of all my friends...Jules, Cindy, Mary, Marlene, Linda, Tab....:hug:manyheart

Not much on my agenda today except to try and get Miss Lucy out for a walk. Did that last evening - she was bugginbg Sparkie so much I could see she had too much energy, so I saddled her up and dragged her out. She didn't want to go, so I spent half a block holding her collar in my hand and tugging her with me. SHe finally decided to enjoy it:lol

This is what she looked like soon after we got back (upper left, for the new ladies here)

post-8552-135897775655_thumb.jpg

Good Morning!

Linda! Oh, I'm so glad you're okay. :hug I hope you get your strength back soon so you can enjoy your new apartment. :manyheart

Sherry ~ Welcome! 'Our House' has lots of room and we're glad you're here!:)

Hi to the rest of the House, too. I will be back mid afternoon.

Hi Ladies,

Val, Bummer having to frog that much. Safe travels to and from Bama.

Joanne, Congrats on finishing your shawl! Can't wait to see the pic.

Sherry, Welcome! We always have room more ladies.

Judy, Glad you be there for your friend. Glad your hip is much better now.

Mary, Congrats on finishing a baby hat. Is it for the new baby to be?

Cindy, Nice you had a relaxing and reading weekend. Hope you got a little visit in with your brother.

Linda, Sorry you were that sick. Hope your on the road to recovery now. Glad you have a friend network to help you out. Hope your back to your apartment soon.

Julie, Hope all is well with you.

Laura, Hope you have gone off and gotten married as your plans were for august.

Linda and Val, Are you guys near the gulf? Even if your not you'll be effected from the rain. Be safe!

Today i've been doing laundry. Getting Maya's things around so I can pack her things up tomorrow. Today we are going to play school and make some peanut butter cookies.

I ordered me a new toy. It's a Visual Land Prestige 7L Android Tablet. I hope it's as nice as it sounds. It was a value of the day on walmarts site one day last week. It's shipping to the store so I should be able to pick it up by the end of the week. DD ordered herself one to.

Have a nice day!

Hey housemates.....I'm baaaaaaack! :hi

I got back home Sunday night and was in the office yesterday. Sorry I didn't get to check in while I was away, but it surely was a relaxing week :) We spent alot of time on the beach, eating, and drinking :lol I put some pics up on fb that some of you saw and commented on. The weather was pretty good....overcast and low 80's mostly, which kept the beach comfortable and bearable. It only rained on Saturday so that wasn't bad. Steph and Bean are leaving OC now and will be home this evening.

Last night I was watching tv and crocheting and someone starting knocking on the back door....well it was more of a banging :think It kinda scared me and since I was the only one home I only had a nightie on :eek So I ran up to the 3rd floor to put on clothes and they rang the bell out front. I peeked out the window and saw the top of some guys head and by the time I got downstairs he was gone :shrug Not that I would've opened the door anyways, but I'm super curious as to who was there just after 10 last night :think

Averie and Sloan started school yesterday and it went well. They just had a half day and another half day today. Full days start tomorrow.

I read through the posts, but petered out towards the end since it was taking forever :eek

I saw a lot of great pics though.......

Judy - awesome bathroom, love it :manyheart and the scarf is gorgeous, as well as the cat square!

Mary 2- love the hat and cowl :manyheart

Mary - Another beautiful fishghan :manyheart

Kiyo - Great to see you!!! Molly is adorable and all cuddled up in the comfy afghan :) Aree is getting so big too, I love the pic of you 2 walking down the sidewalk and turning to look at the camera :manyheart

Phyllis - love your owl kindle cover :manyheart

Linda and Maryd - glad to hear you ladies are feeling better :hug

Judy - Those moments like you had with the contractors son are the ones that tend to have such an impact :yes As for DS, well.....we make the worst patients :blush I haven't read your blog piece yet but have the link open waiting to get to it.

Val - Be careful with your BP!! Congrats on all your orders coming in :clap

Maryd - I'm glad to hear that you're making progress with your stitches on the granny's :D

Joanne - Glad you made it to craft club last week. Did you make it yesterday too? Sorry if you said already, but I really started skimming toward the later posts :eek

Mary - How are dh's fingers doing? I love the pic of Luke and Caroline :manyheart

Kiyo - Congrats on getting your very own office....I love green too :yes Oh, the slippers are great too!

Shannon - Congrats on the new job going well. Hopefully, it will bring in enough to let you drop the first :xfin

Sherry - :welcome to the group There's always room for more :hug Looking forward to getting to know you better. I'm Marisa, a 33yo chiropractor in Pittsburgh. I just moved out here last year and opened my own practice after working for someone else for 6 years in Philadelphia. My sister, Steph, is out here and I'm living with her and her bf, Bean, I talk about them often. Also his sister Ingrid and her kids Averie and Sloan :D Just so you're not too lost :lol

Cindy - Glad to hear that work is going well, although I guess it's never really a good thing when the icu is busy :(

Marlene - You and Maya are always having so much fun :yay

Hi everyone. I'm tired and there are still two more days of work to go. I don;t know how people go to work 5 days a week!

I got to visit with my brother for a while alst night, but he didn't get to our house until after 9, and I had to be up by 5:30 this morning. He and dh went out for breakfast and he left around noon.

Linda, so sorry to hear about how sick you were. Thank goodness for friends. Hope you get back to normal quickly.

Marisa, glad you are home safe and that you had a relaxing time. I wouldn't have opened the door last night either.

Marlene, your new toy looks pretty neat. I looked at it on Amazon and the reviews are pretty good. I'm interested to see what you think of it. I am thinking of getting a tablet, just so I could have both the Nook and Kindle apps on one device. I buy books from both Barnes and Noble and Amazon, so I am always dragging two e-readers around when we go on vacation. I can read both formats on my phone, but it's a pretty small screen for prolonged reading. Dh thinks I should just get an ipad, but they are a little big for what I want. Ds says that there is a rumor that a smaller version coming out this fall. The only problem with the ipad idea is that they are pricey and I am cheap! And your new toy is priced well.

Hi Sherry, I saw your grandson picture on the afghan CAL thread I think, holding a red blanket. Welcome.

Hi everyone. I'm tired and there are still two more days of work to go. I don;t know how people go to work 5 days a week! THEY sit on their "you-know-what" all day! You most certainly don't!;)

I got to visit with my brother for a while alst night, but he didn't get to our house until after 9, and I had to be up by 5:30 this morning. He and dh went out for breakfast and he left around noon.

Linda, so sorry to hear about how sick you were. Thank goodness for friends. Hope you get back to normal quickly.

Marisa, glad you are home safe and that you had a relaxing time. I wouldn't have opened the door last night either.

Marlene, your new toy looks pretty neat. I looked at it on Amazon and the reviews are pretty good. I'm interested to see what you think of it. I am thinking of getting a tablet, just so I could have both the Nook and Kindle apps on one device. I buy books from both Barnes and Noble and Amazon, so I am always dragging two e-readers around when we go on vacation. I can read both formats on my phone, but it's a pretty small screen for prolonged reading. Dh thinks I should just get an ipad, but they are a little big for what I want. Ds says that there is a rumor that a smaller version coming out this fall. The only problem with the ipad idea is that they are pricey and I am cheap! And your new toy is priced well.

Hi Sherry, I saw your grandson picture on the afghan CAL thread I think, holding a red blanket. Welcome.

there is a smaller iPa coming out....same size as the Nook Tablet, I think (7 inches)

Marlene, enjoy te Tablet - Android-run devises (like my smart phone) seem to be great!

Marisa welcome back!! Good thing you didn't open the door!!!! :eek

Do you keep the tv or radio on loud when you're alone??

there is a smaller iPa coming out....same size as the Nook Tablet, I think (7 inches)

Marlene, enjoy te Tablet - Android-run devises (like my smart phone) seem to be great!

Marisa welcome back!! Good thing you didn't open the door!!!! :eek

Do you keep the tv or radio on loud when you're alone??

The tv was quite loud last night, but usually I keep it pretty soft.

I wish they would start making phones smaller again! They keep coming bigger and bigger :( Maybe it's a good sign for things to come if the new ipad will be smaller :xfin

Hugs to all.

Welcome to the group, Sherry! I'm 62 and have been a live-in caregiver/companion for a lady who's had 3 majors strokes for the last 8 years and just moved to my own place 6 weeks ago. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 8 or 9 years old, so have been at it quite a while.

See you later!

Bad ending to that game....UGH.:P

My hip is very, good! All the PT that DS did on me kicked in....my internist had said to give it about 3 weeks or so, and it was soon after that when I was able to lay on my left side again:D

THinking of all my friends...Jules, Cindy, Mary, Marlene, Linda, Tab....:hug:manyheart

Not much on my agenda today except to try and get Miss Lucy out for a walk. Did that last evening - she was bugginbg Sparkie so much I could see she had too much energy, so I saddled her up and dragged her out. She didn't want to go, so I spent half a block holding her collar in my hand and tugging her with me. SHe finally decided to enjoy it:lol

This is what she looked like soon after we got back (upper left, for the new ladies here)

Wonderful picture of Lucy with big brother.

I am doing better today. I took a nap this afternoon which really helped a lot. The cough is probably going to hang on for a while, but my chest feels a lot better than it did. I am going to have to "make haste slowly." I have no reserves left, but oh well, eventually all the boxes will get unpacked and things all put away.

Hope you all have a good day and evening. :hug:hug:hug:hug

Archived