Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Great hat and cowl, Mary!

Love the owl kindle cover, Phyllis- very cute!

Work was crazy- but it's the weekend!!! Woot!!!!

No real plans-other than to see GS on Sunday sometime. Started laundry tonight so it's not all waiting for me tomorrow. I would like to take some time to crochet a little and read a little and chill a little!!!

See you in the AM- I'll be flipping between the Yankee game and the Giants game!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yay! Pictures on Photo Friday!

Mary ~ Love the hat and cowl. :hook I've seen the hat pattern and it looks great! What yarn did you use?

Phyllis ~ What a great idea for a kindle cover! The owl is so cute...wonderful work. :clap

Thank you everyone for the compliment. It is outside my box to just go off and create something that doesn't have a pattern per se.

The yarn was that craft smart value yarn, color: Fiesta. I didn't quite like the feel of it on the skein, but I like the color enough to grab a couple of skeins and see what it was like to work with. It actually wasn't bad to hook with unlike the coarser feeling RHSS. Jury will be out until it's washed.

Phyllis that is a cute kindle cover!!

Good morning!

Mary- I saw that yarn in Michael's and I thought it felt rough! Glad to hear it's not as rough as RH- will be interested to hear the results after washing! (but of course, I don't need any more yarn:lol)

Hope you all have a good Saturday- I'm off to fill the coffee cup and do what I've got to do so the rest of the day is mine to do whatever I feel like!!!!

I found my way back!!!

I haven't been crocheting lately because it's just been way too hot. I don't have much time right now because I'm on day three of a new job and have to get ready. It's actually job number two as a waitress. If all works out well then I'll be able to pay my bills again. but since the other restaurant moved I just haven't been making the tips I used to.

I'll write more later. I hope. May take a nap when I get home from this before I go to the other one. I just don't know yet.

morning peeps!

Hi, Shannon - Hi!

yup, it's hard to crochet when theyarn sticks to your hands!!:lol

Flyby - off to the food store before the crowds arrive there...Weekends are a bear around here!

BBL

Good morning.

Nice work, Mary and Phyllis.

I never did make it online yesterday. I got home from work late, and we went out to dinner and ran those errands I was too lazy to do on my days off. By the time we got home it was nearly 10 PM.

Today is a light hosuework day for me, because dd is sleeping as she is working this weekend. That means no noise, so I am probably going to do laundry, ironing and then some sewing or crocheting. I need to get out and walk too, before it gets too hot.

Have a good day Cindy!

Here's the cat square...I added the mouth and fiddled with the ears - it really didn't look like a cat when I first finished it...a bit better now, I think

post-8552-135897774997_thumb.jpg

Good Morning, Ladies. :rain We're having light rain and it's cool and I'm loving it! My flowers are saying thank you. ;)

Shannon ~ Hi! It's so good to see you again. Good luck with your new job! :manyheart Are you still writing?

Judy ~ The cat square is wonderful. :clap His (her?) face is so cute and the border is perfect! One of these days, I need to try a graph 'ghan. :yes

Valerie ~ Oh, I know what you'll be doing every day. :lol:chook Can we see pictures? Orders for five afghans is fantastic!

Cindy ~ Enjoy your "quiet" day. Are you working on anything special now?

Joanne ~ I hope your weekend is a relaxing one!

Hi to anyone I may have missed. :manyheart

I WILL finish the fish 'ghan today! :lol I hope everyone is having a good day. :ghug

Went to Delicious Orchards this morning- and stocked up on fruits and veggies! Also some "cider donuts" jumped into the cart!:lol I had told myself before going that I was only going to buy one treat- and the cider donuts won!

Love that cat square, Judy- you did a great job!

Welcome back Shannon- hope the 2nd job works out well so you are 'back on your feet' again!!!

Mary- Can't wait to see the finished fishy ghan #2!!

Cindy- Hope your "quiet" chores go by quickly and that you get in your walk. I'ts muggy here- so no walking for me now- we'll see how it is after dinner.

Off to make lunch and then crochet for a bit!

thanks, ladies!

Mary, graph ghans can be fun - depends on the pattern ( I had a lot of ends to weave in on this one:P). If you ever want to experiment, the web has many sites for patterns.

Took Miss Lucy to the vet a little while ago - ears have been bothering her and my gut said to have her checked. Sure enough, she has a yeast infection - in both ears. Oh, well...

Ta-da! Finally finished. :hook The pattern is from A Book of Baby Afghans-Book 5. I used Vanna's yarn in Aqua, Duckie and Sweet Pea.
Oh....it's sooooo pretty - and fun!:clap

And I meant to add...the border on the first 'ghan didn't lay flat until I washed it, so I'm hoping this will do the same!

I'm sure it will - I've had the same issues!!

Thinking about making this pattern next. For now, I'll start another scarf!

Nice! I saved that link;)

Off I go for the night. Will be working on another animal square while watching the beginning of the Yankee game tonight:D

Have a good one!:hug

And I meant to add...the border on the first 'ghan didn't lay flat until I washed it, so I'm hoping this will do the same!

Thinking about making this pattern next. For now, I'll start another scarf!

I saved that link as well, looks like a great way to use up yarn! And love your fishy ghan.

Judy, sorry about poor Miss Lucy's ears, hope she's not too miserable. (and that gives me an idea for what Dh and I could do tonight... watch I Love Lucy, one of my favorite shows of all time. Guess I will have to see what dh thinks of that idea!)

I did nothing much today. I read a book and then sat and visited with ds. Also DD opened her 24 gifts before she left for work tonight and was very pleased with everything, but mostly she was pleased at having all those things to unwrap.

Thanks to all of you for the compliments.:manyheart I washed the afghan and it's fine!

Judy ~ Maggie, our black cocker spaniel, was prone to ear infections. Are they still prescribing that goopy gel? Tell Miss Lucy that we hope she's okay very soon. :hug

Cindy ~ Happy Birthday to your DD! :birthday How fun for her to open so many presents. :)

Valerie ~ Are your hands super sore about now! ;)

I've started a baby boy hat. It's probably been 30 years since I made a hat. :blush It's a simple beanie with a roll-up cuff and lots of fun.

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Mary- I'm still writing. In fact, I currently have two books going at once. The second job will cut into time for that but bills must be paid.

I can't wait to see how this is going to work out. I've decided that if the second job works out as well as I think it will, I'm going to let go of my first. I don't want to spend every waking moment at work or travelling back and forth.

We'll just have to see what happens next.

Good morning

Mary- The fishy ghan is so nice!!! I also saved that pattern- it'd be pretty cool to have a regular granny stripe AND a vintage vertical one!

Shannon- I sure hope that job #2 pans out well and you are able to let go of job #1. Positive thoughts that his all comes together for you.

Cindy- Oh, your DD must have had so much fun opening all 24 presents. Belated Happy Birthday to her!!!

Judy- Sure hope Lucy is feeling a little better. Good thing that you listened to what your gut was telling you and that you got her to the vet!!!

Val-How are the afghans coming along?

Linda- Hope that you are on the mend.

Julie- Thinking of you.

DD called late in the afternoon- she wanted some company- so off I went to visit with her and GS. It was fun- but definitely cut into my crochet time. When I got home, I started working on some rows of the shawl and realized that I was just too tired- and before making mistakes put it aside and headed to bed- early for me and slept 8 hours!! Guess I needed the rest!

Have a good, relaxing day!

'morning, peeps!

Joanne, we're off to Delicious Orchards this morning - too bad you went yesterday; it would have been an instant meet-up!:lol

Lucy is still scratching at her ear, but not as much. We've banned her from the bedroom at night, so both dogs sleep downstairs now - makes for a much more restful night. Lucy is a bed hog and also has the puppy crazies for quite a while after she goes out for the last time at night. It was getting to be too much.

She's soooooo happy to see me in the morning!:lol

Judy, sorry about poor Miss Lucy's ears, hope she's not too miserable. (and that gives me an idea for what Dh and I could do tonight... watch I Love Lucy, one of my favorite shows of all time. Guess I will have to see what dh thinks of that idea!)

I have Lucy on TV right now...I can never get enough of her. Esp the early sitcom!

I did nothing much today. I read a book and then sat and visited with ds. Also DD opened her 24 gifts before she left for work tonight and was very pleased with everything, but mostly she was pleased at having all those things to unwrap.

Oh, that sounds like a nice day - having a daughter is so special. I'm just happy I had a goddaughter who is close to me...makes up for not having one of my own!

Thanks to all of you for the compliments.:manyheart I washed the afghan and it's fine!wonderful!

Judy ~ Maggie, our black cocker spaniel, was prone to ear infections. Are they still prescribing that goopy gel? Tell Miss Lucy that we hope she's okay very soon. :hugAwww....scritches going her way from you. She crawled under the chair I was sitting on in the exam room when the vet came toward her with the otoscope:lol No gel, but it's in a tube, and creamy. I pour a liquid cleaner in her ears once a day, too - and make sure she's outside so she can flap her ears afterwards.:lol

I've started a baby boy hat. It's probably been 30 years since I made a hat. :blush It's a simple beanie with a roll-up cuff and lots of fun.

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

I have to be in the mood to make hats...but I recently downloaded a baby set....am getting in the mood to make stuff like that - the NICU will appreciate it!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Mary- I'm still writing. In fact, I currently have two books going at once. The second job will cut into time for that but bills must be paid.

I can't wait to see how this is going to work out. I've decided that if the second job works out as well as I think it will, I'm going to let go of my first. I don't want to spend every waking moment at work or travelling back and forth.

We'll just have to see what happens next.

I hope the job situation works out the way you're hoping! Happy writing!!

Good morning housemates!

I'm almost done with the solid ghan (no lettering). I still have to make one with lettering. I did not hook as much as I'd planned.

We are spending the day at my sister's place. Of course, I'm taking my crochet stuff. This is the sister that also crochets.

Cindy - I LOVE LUCY as well. I look at her every morning @ 8:30a and every Sunday from 5-7p on ME TV!

Judy - glad Lucy is on the mend. Who are you giving the animal ghan to?

Joanne - glad you had some quality time with Ryan! Hope you get some crochet time today and rest as well!

Well, I've got to get moving so we can leave.

Have a good day ALL!

BBL!!!

Hi Ladies,

Judy, The scarf was very pretty. I really like those colors. Awesome job on the cat square. I liked your finishing touches. I played the video of Soren but had no sound. I'm sure it's my machine. It's getting fussy it's an XP and it's has lots on it. Going to play it again when I'm done here and close out this page. Hope Lucy's ears are better soon.

Mary, What a cute pic of Luke and his best friend at the pool. The fishy ghan is adorable. I saved the link for vertical ghan to.

Joanne, Ryan walking-now the fun begins. Glad you got in some Ryan time yesterday. Hope you have a restful day today before your busy week at work begins tomorrow. Cider donuts-yummy.

MaryII, Your hat and cowl are very pretty. Nice colors. I have seen that yarn but have not tried it yet.

Phyllis, Love the owl kindle cover. Great idea! Someone on facebook under a crochet group posted her pattern using the crocodile stitch to making a christmas tree. It is very pretty.

Val, Wow 5 afghans to make! Have a fun time at your sisters today.

Shannon, Nice to see you again! Hope things go the way you want with your second job.

Cindy, Happy belated birthday to your DD. I bet she loved opening 24 presents. I have a pink I Love Lucy t-shirt I picked up at Disney in Florida about 6 years ago. I get commets about it or her every time I wear it. Back then they had a Lucy store. I told DH, his sister and bil to go ride the ride they wanted to as I wanted to look around in her store and I would be right there when they were down.

Wednesday night DD came and stayed until friday morning. So she and Maya spent the day together. They went and got there nails done.

Hubby golfed and I found several garage sales to go to. At one of them they had to crochet books. One is "Forever Favorite Crochet" the other one is "Crochet Private Collection" I got them both for 25 cents each. They are like brand new.

After garage saleing I called my brother and he was free so I took him and my SIL to breakfast (that's what he wanted to eat) for his birthday. He turned the big 50. Then we went back to house and had a nice visit.

Yesterday we went to the little village that BIL and SIL live in. They had hot rods and harleys show. We ran into a couple of people we haven't seen in a long time and one of my cousins. She and I had a nice visit. It was so hot there we didn't stay for all the activites. They have a pool so Maya went swimming and she was happy about that.

Stopped at the cemetary to water the flowers and my sister and her bf were driving pass and seen us and stopped. Her hubby is buried there so we went and talked there. His anniversary is coming up and she is isn't doing to well. Between his anniversary, menopause and some people causing her grief she's about to runaway. I told her to go to the doctor and maybe even go see a counselor.

Maya goes back home thursday. Her Mom took a lot of the things she brought with her. Going to see if I can teach her to ride her bike without the training wheels. She has broken loose one of the wheels on trainers.

She did learn to tie her shoes this week.

Hope everyone has a nice day today. It's going to hot here again today.

Archived