Our House Part Two

Morning peeps!

Mary, how is DH's hand this AM?? Is he normally a fast healer?

Oh, WOW!! Its gorgeous!!

Thanks! They did great job.

Judy- Love the new bathroom- it looks great and how great that you got to take a shower in it!

Thanks! It was so nice getting out of it without the awkward shower doors!!!

I got home just in time to head to craft club! Small gathering tonight- but I worked some more on the purple shawl- and decided that even though the pattern called for 2 skeins of Red Heart Soft Yarn, I'm going to use 3--good thing I thought ahead and bought 3 of that color!!!

Good thing - your gauge is looser than some, so it's probably always a good idea to plan ahead like that.

Off to watch some Yankees before calling it a night!!!

I went to sleep early and missed the Yankee collapse....:P

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Something nice about the 20-something son of our contractor.

DH and I sensed there was something different about him...then one morning as the guy was setting up the tarp in the hallway he walked over to the kitchen area where I had the TV on...and asked if that was Joyce Meyer. Turns out he watches her too!

Yesterday I asked him if he went to church and he mentioned a church I was familiar with and said he became a Christian 2 years ago. We exchanged blessings with each other when he left yesterday.

An unexpected, nice moment.

Hi House. :hi

Joanne ~ Way to go on buying an extra skein! I always seem to have a lot left over, but am afraid I won't be able to find the same dye lot again. Can't wait to see your shawl. :hook

Judy ~ What a nice young man to have in your home! DH will see our regular doctor on Thursday and go from there...the ER doctor gave us very thorough instructions that we're following. (Or I'm following and reminding DH all the time :lol)

Valerie ~ Only a little over a month until moving day! :clap Which afghan are you working on now?

Cindy ~ I hope your work day goes well...and glad that yesterday was a quiet one!

Hello to the rest of the House, too! :manyheart

Edited by Skysmom

Thanks, Val...

Mary, it's so hard to get our guys to follow doctor's orders! Even DS thinks he knows better than the orthopedist who is monitoring and treating his achilles injury!:angry

Off to my goddaughter's home...she's making brunch for her 2 grandma's and me...last hurrah before going to college on Thursday.:( It's the beginning of real changes in her life....

BBL!

Thanks, Val...

Mary, it's so hard to get our guys to follow doctor's orders! Even DS thinks he knows better than the orthopedist who is monitoring and treating his achilles injury!:angry

Off to my goddaughter's home...she's making brunch for her 2 grandma's and me...last hurrah before going to college on Thursday.:( It's the beginning of real changes in her life....

BBL!

Oh, have a wonderful time! I know you will. :)

I'll be gone until about 5 - babysitting for Luke today. :c9

So...before and after pics of part of my bathroom - the part that needed drastic help!

Bet you won't have any trouble telling the before pics:lol

I just want to get darker curtains and I'm all set.:D I was so sweaty after cleaning the bathroom...I had to take a shower...NICE!

I didn't get a pic of the floor - chocolate brown rugs and light tile in the new version.

LOVE THE BATHROOM!! I still have my main one that needs a MAJOR face lift---heck I just got MY bathroom painted lol. Think I got a bit of burn out!

Hi Kiyo! It's great to see your post and I'm so glad you and Aree are well. :manyheart Molly is adorable and looks very happy. :) Congratulations on your new office! :clap

Judy ~ It's beautiful! Love the tile with the glass tile accent! :)

Hi Valerie!

Hi there!!! I've missed you gals! I'm sure you've missed my "SPUNK" too :) hehehehehe!

LOVE THE BATHROOM!! I still have my main one that needs a MAJOR face lift---heck I just got MY bathroom painted lol. Think I got a bit of burn out!

thanks Kiyo! It's hard finding reliable people....

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Yes we went to the parade. What group was your niece in? It's a really nice parade. It lasts 2 hours. Glad you had a nice day at work yesterday and hope today was just as good.

Kiyo, So nice to see you again! Yes we've missed you. Hows the house coming along? Aree is growing up so fast. She is a pretty girl! :clap your getting your own office. Will it be closer to home? :clap for more time for you and Aree. They grow up so fast you hate to miss anything. Molly looks nice and cozy. The slippers are cute.

MaryII, Glad you had a nice day at the market.

Joanne, Glad you had a nice day with Ryan sunday. Good planning getting 3 skeins for your shawl. I would rather have left over than try to find another skein as they probably won't match.

Mary, We lots of festivals going on all around us. Summer time there is always many in Michigan to go to. Hope DH's fingers are okay and nothing major is wrong with them. :clap for finishing your scarf! Have a fun time with Luke today.

Val, Hope your feeling better!

Judy, Your new bathroom looks great! Hubby's sounds like his will be just as nice to. I'm sure you had a nice at brunch with GD. Are GS heads out this week for college to. We seen him last thursday. He is nervous not one to spend anytime away from home except his other Grandma's and she just lives a few blocks away. I told him expect to be home sick, but it will go away and he will be all right. I also told him to have fun! He's not a partier so were not worried about that kind of fun.

Sunday was just an easy day around here. Monday was a busy day. Started out with laundry, vaccuming, moved one couch out but couldn't put it back until hubby got home (it is a sofa sleeper and we have it on a rug that don't slide), Maya wanted to make sugar cookies so we made some up and frosted them last night. The last two days she keeps telling me I am magical. Funny!

Sunday I got out a wip (knit dishcloth the pattern isn't with it) and today she walks up here to my desk and says "oh your knitting to". I asked how did she know. She says crochet hooks don't have (the numbers on the end) and there not that long.

One night she was helping me do dishes and she said "what did you do in the olden days when you didn't have silverware" I broke out laughing. I told her I never had a day when I didn't have silverware.

The things kids come up with.

Maya has been asking for cinnamon rolls. I asked her Mom about them and she said she had them at Heathers. There's were out of a tube. So today she and I are making homemade cinnamon rolls. Were using my Grandma's recipe. They should be ready to roll out soon.

Have a good day everyone!

Judy, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. You did a great job writing it. I loved all the details. We have Amish all around us. We have hired them twice. They built are garage/pole barn and they put are addition and deck on. Very dependable workers and hard working guys. The group we have hired live to far away to bring there horse and buggy to our place, so hubby went and picked them up and took them home.

People who use to live next door, when they were remodeling there kitchen and living room addition. It was hunting season and they went hunting, it wasn't even done. They said we will be back after hunting season. Which is two weeks here. They couldn't cook. They took much longer than they had said they would to get it finished. With there luck and other work we have hired done here we learned if the Amish can do it there the ones to call.

Judy, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. You did a great job writing it. I loved all the details. We have Amish all around us. We have hired them twice. They built are garage/pole barn and they put are addition and deck on. Very dependable workers and hard working guys. The group we have hired live to far away to bring there horse and buggy to our place, so hubby went and picked them up and took them home.

People who use to live next door, when they were remodeling there kitchen and living room addition. It was hunting season and they went hunting, it wasn't even done. They said we will be back after hunting season. Which is two weeks here. They couldn't cook. They took much longer than they had said they would to get it finished. With there luck and other work we have hired done here we learned if the Amish can do it there the ones to call.

thanks! I really wanted to write that - and then I saw Cindy W was looking for guest writers!

...and my GD doesn't party hard either - part of it is just her, the other part is that she knows it can hurt her voice and she's studying classical voice - on a partial scholarship.

Judy ~ What a beautifully written story! And we all know it came straight from your heart. :manyheart I had "happy tears" while reading it. :) Have you thought about a sequel...full of Lucy's antics and Sparkie's patience. :D

Kiyo ~ Hi! Yes, I've missed you and your spunk! :lol It's so good to see you again. :hug

Marlene ~ Maya is so adorable and she loves her "magical" grandma.:) I'll bet she sees you as magical because you are so close and do so many wonderful things for and with her. Homemade cinnamon rolls sound sooo yummy...I'd probably eat the whole batch. :lol

It's been a very long day, but a good one. Luke is such a happy little guy and we play all sorts of games. He took a good nap, too.

Time to start dinner. I hope everyone is doing well. :manyheart

Judy ~ What a beautifully written story! And we all know it came straight from your heart. :manyheart I had "happy tears" while reading it. :) Have you thought about a sequel...full of Lucy's antics and Sparkie's patience. :D

Thanks!

Now a sequel would be a great idea! I sure have my share of stories:lol

I actually kept a "baby" book all about her antics and milestones.

It's been a very long day, but a good one. Luke is such a happy little guy and we play all sorts of games. He took a good nap, too.

Time to start dinner. I hope everyone is doing well. :manyheart

What a sweet day you must have had:c9

HAve a good night everyone!:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

Great story, Judy--I enjoyed reading it!!!

Marlene- Oh, those homemade cinnamon rolls sound yummy!

Mary- Glad you had a good day with Luke! I brought Ryan's 1 year old picture to work today and had his smiling face looking at me all day! Sure wish I was seeing it in person!

Kiyo- Did miss your 'spunk' and glad you are stopping in!

Cindy- Hope you had a good day!

Linda- Thinking of you and hoping that you are starting to feel better!

My stomach is rumbling which only means one thing- I'm hungry!! Off to get dinner!

Hugs to ALL of you

Hi ladies,

I spent the day running errands and just got back about 30 minutes ago.

One of my sisters and I are driving to Bama on tomorrow to handle some business with the family home. She also has to take a class there. It will be a long day.

Judy - I loved your story! It was beautiful. As kids, my sisters and I had 2 cocker spaniels. My dad had german shepherds when I was in high school. I've since fallen in love with schnauzers. I met a toy schnauzer named Bruno on yesterday. He is sooo cute and frisky with lots os personality. Again, beautiful job!

Mary - I'm still on the square ghan. However, I did start a baby ghan from a booklet called Keepsake Baby Afghans to keep me from boredom!

Have a good night ALL!

Hi everyone. Work went form quiet to crazy overnight. I stayed an extra four hours today because it was so busy. I'm always surprised at my co-workers who are amazed when the unit is busy. I always expect the unexpected!

I don't have to work tomorrow, but I do have a meeting tomorrow afternoon.

Marlene, my nice goes to Greenville Highschool, and she is in one of their bands. The week before they were in the Coast Guard festival parade.

Mary, sure hope your dh's hand is okay.

Good morning housemates!

Sitting here waiting for my sister to pick me up so we can hit the road to Bama. We will be late getting back because her class doesn't start until 7p. We have business to handle before 2p.

I'm delivering 2 of the afghans as well.

Cindy - get some rest before you go to your meeting!

Have a great day!

Hi Ladies. :manyheart

Valerie ~ Safe travels to Alabama today. :) How fun to be able to hand deliver the afghans! I'll bet the recipients will be very excited to see you!

Cindy ~ Enjoy being outside on a lovely morning. :flower

Joanne ~ Have a good day!

Hi to the rest of the House, too! :ghug

It's household chores for me this a.m. and I'm going to crochet later no matter what! :lol

Hi, ya, ladies!!

I'm so happy you liked the story about Lucy!

Good morning housemates!

Sitting here waiting for my sister to pick me up so we can hit the road to Bama. We will be late getting back because her class doesn't start until 7p. We have business to handle before 2p.

I'm delivering 2 of the afghans as well.

Cindy - get some rest before you go to your meeting!

Have a great day!

Safe travels, Val!:hug

Hi everyone. Work went form quiet to crazy overnight. I stayed an extra four hours today because it was so busy. I'm always surprised at my co-workers who are amazed when the unit is busy. I always expect the unexpected!

I don't have to work tomorrow, but I do have a meeting tomorrow afternoon.

In the unit wher eyou work I think the key thing to remember is to always be prepared for the unexpected!

ENjoy your morning off...oooops....morning is almost gone!:eek

We already ran errands and even ran by the dog groomer to get Lucy's nails trimmed.

All I need to do this afternoon is dust downstairs. Since I already did so much this AM I'm saving washing the floors till tomorrow morning after DH leaves for work - and before I shower:lol

I'd like some of your cool weather, Cindy! Early this AM it was cool, but once the sun rose...UGH. Really hot again. We're in for the day which is perfect IMO.

Yay! I just started the border on the fish 'ghan! :cheerThis time I will make notes :blush ...it's the part of the pattern that is not written too well.

I hope everyone is having a good day!:manyheart

Yay! I just started the border on the fish 'ghan! :cheerThis time I will make notes :blush ...it's the part of the pattern that is not written too well.

I hope everyone is having a good day!:manyheart

Good luck with it Mary!

I just finished the Queen Anne's Lace scarf - pic to come tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone:hug:manyheart