Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Hope cleaning the garage didn't do your back in. Good tip on the magic eraser.

Linda, Sorry for the loss of your cousin. Glad to hear your starting to feel better.

Marisa, Great bargin on the gas. Hope your having a wonderful time at the beach.

MaryII, Hope you were a sell out at the farmers market.

Maryd, Glad your feeling better now. Glad the granny squares helped you.

Joanne, The shawl pattern is very pretty. What yarn are you using and what color? Are oldest GS will be 19 in november. Have a fun time with Ryan today.

Judy, Glad your happy with the new bathroom. Enjoy your new tub!

Val, Nice to have a meet up with family. :cheer you on making your squares.

Mary, Did you finish your fishy ghan? I've been working on a dishcloth. A basketweave pattern. I should finish it off, I have enough yarn for maybe a couple of rows. I need to get back to GS's afghan now that it is cooling down. Did Luke get to play on his tractor?

Julie, How nice of Cam to call you from Cedar Point. I use to like the roller coasters to. They scared me but they were fun. Not so sure I would feel the same now days though.

Maya and I didn't do any garage sales the other day. We took my MIL for coffee then Maya and I went shopping. We went to Michaels and Maya had a wonderful time petting all the yarn. "Grandma come feel this it is so soft" was said many times. Went looking for cotton in 2 shades of any color and they didn't have any. Some bins were empty so maybe next week i'll check again.

Yesterday the next town over had a Dannish Festival. There have a really nice parade and it lasts for 2 hours. We went to that and the craft show. The close down 4 blocks downtown friday and saturday for it. They line both sides of the street and down the middle with craft booths and 1 block for food vendors. They have another big market at the Veterans Park but we didn't go to that one or the car show. I picked up Maya a couple of headbands. One was advertised crocheted but I don't think it is done by humans. It's 6 rows wide made with a stretchy thread and ribbon. She had lots of them in one color and lots of different colors and selling them for 2.00 a piece. I'm thinking it's something you can buy by the yard.

The ends are machine sewed together. They are very pretty anyways.

I have laundry going with another to do. Catch everyone later. Have a great day!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Marlene! Your area always seems to have great weekend activities...it sounds like you and Maya had a good time. :) I love the basketweave pattern! The last time I used it was a baby afghan for a little boy. The fish afghan #2 only needs one more strip and the border. :hook

Marisa ~ If you're checking in...I hope you're having a wonderful time at the beach!

I hope everyone is okay and having a good weekend. :manyheart

Happy Sunday, everyone! :manyheart

I know you're really looking forward to tomorrow! :cheer Did you find what you wanted for the other bath? We found a very nice pedestel (sp?) sink and the perfect marble-look porcelain tile:)

It rained ALL afternoon and evening yesterday. Luke was happy playing inside or sitting on his tractor in the garage and watching the rain with his dad and Gramps. :) We had a wonderful visit!

Oh, that had to be soooooo cute to see:c9

I looked around at JoAnn's and Michaels for the headbands. Michaels gave a project and there list of materials. Through that I found where you can buy them. I knew I had seen something like this before. They sell baby hats of the same type. www.thehairbowcompany.com sell them. At very good prices to. If I was into craft shows I would order from there to.

Just dropped in to say hello. Glad everyone seems to be having a good weekend. I'm caretaker to my little great niece so she's spent most of her time in my room this weekend.

I think my blood pressure is up. I have to get it checked and my meds refilled.

Well off to do some hooking!!!

Just dropped in to say hello. Glad everyone seems to be having a good weekend. I'm caretaker to my little great niece so she's spent most of her time in my room this weekend.

I think my blood pressure is up. I have to get it checked and my meds refilled.

Well off to do some hooking!!!

Be careful!:hug Did you run out of meds? Our DS has a tendency to get high BP. He can't even drink coffee without it going up.

well it wasn't a sell out, but we did very well at the market. Was a great day both for weather and our wonderful customers!
Awesome!:clap

Have a great night, my friends. :hug:manyheart

Hi all,

I had a very nice Sunday! :) DH and I went to the grocery store and Walmart early in the morning- and I got Ryan some "NY Giants" Onesies!!! One set of short sleeved- and one set of long sleeved. He's all set for football season!!! Go Giants!:cheer

We then went out to breakfast.:manyheart DH wanted a case for a gadget he bought--I forget what it's called- so I 'whipped' up one for him before heading over to DD's to watch Ryan while DD took over selecting the fantasy football team for my SIL when he left for work. When I arrived, Ryan was napping, so I crocheted on the first shawl I'm making until he woke up. Then once he did,I gave him lunch and then we played. When DD was done, we took a walk with Ryan and Belle and then headed to my house to have dinner- we picked up Outback to go! :drool

Val- Please be careful with the BP- It's so very important to make sure to take meds every day- I know- I have high BP and crossing fingers, it has remained 'normal' with meds and I do watch my sodium intake. I do still drink lots of coffee but that hasn't seemed to affect it!

Cindy- I'm happy that you had a nice 'almost computer-free' day and enjoyed reading outdoors. That's my idea of a heavenly day- either than or crocheting outside!:)

Judy- You sure seem to have found the right thing for DH's bathroom too. Still haven't broached DH about replacing the kitchen counter. I want to wait for just the right time;) Bet you are excited to have yours done tomorrow!!!

Marlene- It sure sounds like you and Maya have been having some fun times! There always seems to be something going on that is fun to do. Funny how Maya kept saying so soft about the yarn! I've been finding that Michael's doesn't have nearly the selection as AC Moore- they are both the same distance so I tend to go to AC Moore much more often- especially since there is also one of those on the way home from work. At the end of Aug, beg of Sept, there is a Hobby Lobby opening up about 5 minutes from my job:clap I can't wait!!!

Linda- Hope you've been resting and are starting to feel better!!

Tab- How are the boys doing? Hope you were able to get a little 'me' time in the weeks off from school. I know, "me" time with a houseful is boys is probably very hard to come by:lol

Julie- Did you get to see Cam this weekend? How are you feeling?

Mary- Luke must have been so cute in the garage on his tractor watching the rain with his Dad and Gramps- oh, the good times with kids- just warms your heart. WTG on the fishy ghan!!!

Marisa- Hope you are having a blast at the beach!!!!

Mary- Glad to hear that you had a good selling weekend!!!

Probably won't be back in the AM- so let me wish you all a Good Monday---I'm not looking forward to the working part of Monday- but I am looking forward to craft club tomorrow night!!!

'morning, peeps!

The finishing touches will be done on my bath this morning. The oe guy needed for that will be over by 8:15 this AM.

I rolled over and went back to sleep this AM after Lucy decided 5 AM was a good time to do her business - and it was 6:45 when I looked at the clock:eek

I'm showered, dressed, dogs are fed and I ate a banana and inhaled a half cup of coffee already :D DH is dressing for work.

Joanne, I hope you get to craft club tonight! And maybe one day we can see a pic of Ryan in his NY Giant onsies?;)

Quick drop in to say hi. I had another msotly computer free day today. Is at outside int he sunshine and read abook.

Oh, that sounds sooooo nice! A day like that is good for your spirit.:c9

Off to do poop patrol and start some laundry.

'Morning, everyone. :flower

Mary ~ Yay for having a good sale! :clap

Judy ~ You must be super excited to have everything finished! When will they start on the other bath? Hopefully, all the work will be over soon and you'll have your house back. :) Can't wait to see your scarf!

Valerie ~ I hope you're able to see the doctor soon.:manyheart I too am on BP pills and hate taking meds, but they're working.

Joanne ~ Have fun at your Craft Club tonight. :hook

Cindy ~ Your Sunday sounds like a great day. Nice weather makes all the difference!

I looked around at JoAnn's and Michaels for the headbands. Michaels gave a project and there list of materials. Through that I found where you can buy them. I knew I had seen something like this before. They sell baby hats of the same type. www.thehairbowcompany.com sell them. At very good prices to. If I was into craft shows I would order from there to.

The prices are so reasonable! Great website for lots of things. :yes

My Sunday didn't go as planned. I got lots of things done in the a.m. and DH went fishing...and dislocated joints in two fingers while getting the boat back on the trailer. So, we headed for the ER and he has splints on both fingers. (left hand, thank goodness) He will see a hand doctor when the swelling goes down to make sure things are okay. Fun day, huh? :lol

Mary, we're going to do the other bath in September....spacing it out for sanity's sake (Lucy goes ballistic when the worker's are here) and money:lol

It sure is quiet in here! ;) I went to the store to stock up on things for DH's fingers and get a few groceries. Last night I finished another Surreybelle scarf and hope to work on the last strip of the fish 'ghan today.

Judy ~ Yes, Lucy needs a break and I'll bet you do, too! :lol

Valerie ~ Do you have a moving date yet? Enjoy your crochet time!:crocheting

G'Day Girls!!! I've included a bunch of photos to update ya'll on how I've been and am doing! The dog and the afghan---the dog is Molly, she's our newest addition and the afghan was for my cousin and her new husband for their wedding-- (Boise State and Auburn colors all in one! with matching slippers lol ) Work has been so crazy and we are getting ready to move offices in which i will have MY VERY OWN OFFICE!!!! I'm painting my walls Granny Smith Apple Green !!! Cant wait! Been working on a few crochet projects here and there. All has been great---Aree is starting 6th grade next week---I'm not sure what to think just yet, she's turning into a young lady and I'm not sure I'm ready for that! I barely am letting the poor girl shave her legs lol but.......we had to get it done. :( so sad.

Anyhow, all is going well for us! I work only 1 job now and it's been awesome! Sort of a big adjustment money wise but I'm adjusting and lovin it! Hope you are all doing well! Loves and hugs to you all! I will get back in here soon I hope!

post-35667-1358977742_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897774204_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897774207_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897774209_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897774213_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897774216_thumb.jpg

G'Day Girls!!! I've included a bunch of photos to update ya'll on how I've been and am doing! The dog and the afghan---the dog is Molly, she's our newest addition and the afghan was for my cousin and her new husband for their wedding-- (Boise State and Auburn colors all in one! with matching slippers lol ) Work has been so crazy and we are getting ready to move offices in which i will have MY VERY OWN OFFICE!!!! I'm painting my walls Granny Smith Apple Green !!! Cant wait! Been working on a few crochet projects here and there. All has been great---Aree is starting 6th grade next week---I'm not sure what to think just yet, she's turning into a young lady and I'm not sure I'm ready for that! I barely am letting the poor girl shave her legs lol but.......we had to get it done. :( so sad.

Anyhow, all is going well for us! I work only 1 job now and it's been awesome! Sort of a big adjustment money wise but I'm adjusting and lovin it! Hope you are all doing well! Loves and hugs to you all! I will get back in here soon I hope!

Hi!!!!!

Wild slippers! Just my style...

So good to see you again! Aree is so tall! They grow way too fast. Enjoy your pup and the additional free time you have because you work only 1 job.

Don't be a stranger:hug:manyheart

So...before and after pics of part of my bathroom - the part that needed drastic help!

Bet you won't have any trouble telling the before pics:lol

I just want to get darker curtains and I'm all set.:D I was so sweaty after cleaning the bathroom...I had to take a shower...NICE!

I didn't get a pic of the floor - chocolate brown rugs and light tile in the new version.

post-8552-135897774219_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897774221_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897774224_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897774227_thumb.jpg

post-8552-13589777423_thumb.jpg

Hi Kiyo! It's great to see your post and I'm so glad you and Aree are well. :manyheart Molly is adorable and looks very happy. :) Congratulations on your new office! :clap

Judy ~ It's beautiful! Love the tile with the glass tile accent! :)

Hi Valerie!

Judy ~ It's beautiful! Love the tile with the glass tile accent! :)

Thanks!

And all of a sudden I'm seeing those glass tiles on those home shows!!:lol

And it's so cozy:c9

Have a great night everyone:hug:manyheart

Oh, its great to hear from you again!! Aree is growing into a real beauty!

So...before and after pics of part of my bathroom - the part that needed drastic help!

Bet you won't have any trouble telling the before pics:lol

I just want to get darker curtains and I'm all set.:D I was so sweaty after cleaning the bathroom...I had to take a shower...NICE!

I didn't get a pic of the floor - chocolate brown rugs and light tile in the new version.

Oh, WOW!! Its gorgeous!!

HI all,

How great to see a post from you Kiyo!!! Aree is really growing up- and your pup is just too cute! Love the slippers and glad to hear you are down to working one job!!! Stop in more often if you can!!!

Judy- Love the new bathroom- it looks great and how great that you got to take a shower in it!

I got home just in time to head to craft club! Small gathering tonight- but I worked some more on the purple shawl- and decided that even though the pattern called for 2 skeins of Red Heart Soft Yarn, I'm going to use 3--good thing I thought ahead and bought 3 of that color!!!

Mary-Can't wait to see when the fishy ghan is complete- and sorry to hear about DH! Hope he is feeling ok- and like you said- good thing it was his left hand (and I assume he is a righty?)

Cindy- Hope you have a good day at work tomorrow!

Val- I like your thinking- pack a box and crochet!!!

Julie- Hope all is well-

Off to watch some Yankees before calling it a night!!!

Archived